SMITHVILLE – It was all about the extras in Smithville’s Class 1A state quarterfinals win over Shaw. Daniel Smith blocked an extra point that would have tied the game, while Nate Ward nailed his retry on a kick that ended up being the difference- maker in the 14-13 win to set the Seminoles up to […]
By Gene Phelps Daily Journal CLEVELAND – The scoring summary from Aberdeen’s 28-6 Class 3A state quarterfinals victory Friday against Cleveland East Side will show Jerrick Orr scored two points. The senior wide receiver/defensive back and Memphis commit, as always, contributed a whole lot more. His pass interception late in the first half prevented an […]
By Dennis Clayton New Albany Gazette NEW ALBANY – Amory swept New Albany last Tuesday night with a 4-0 shutout in the boys’ match and a 2-1 win in the girls’ contest. The matches were played in steady winds with gusts over 30 miles per hour that greatly affected play. New Albany had no answer […]
Several area churches and other groups will host free Thanksgiving meals for those who need a holiday meal, or just want to enjoy fellowship with others. Aberdeen The annual Walker Family Thanksgiving meal will be held on Thanksgiving Day from 12 until 2 p.m. at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center. For deliveries, call […]
ABERDEEN – The Aberdeen High School marching band is one of two Mississippi representatives to be a part of the McDonald’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in Chicago. The news of the invitation was announced in April and since then, band members and band boosters have worked tirelessly to make it a reality for the 109 students […]
AMORY – In a barnburner last Tuesday night, the Amory Lady Panthers edged out Nettleton 51-47 courtesy of key free throws late. “This was a huge win for us. Our seniors stepped up and played big tonight,” Amory coach Paula Wax said. “Miracle (Jones) stepped up and made some big free throws for us at […]
By Rob Williams For the Monroe Journal HATLEY – The Hatley Tigers scored 72 points last Tuesday night, and they needed every one of them to earn the 72-67 win over the Tremont Eagles. AJ Blaylock dropped in 28 points for the Tigers, including 11 of 12 from the line with most of his baskets […]
SMITHVILLE – Still awaiting the return of football players, including starter Dee Moore, Smithville basketball coach Nick Coln is pleased with the 4-0 start by his Seminoles. Much of that hot start has been due to senior Kylar Poole, who dropped 30 points in the 62-51 win over West Union on Thursday night. “We’ve been […]
Two weeks ago, 196 people who typically don’t frequent the Elkin Theatre piled in on a Wednesday night for an encore screening of “War Room.” During its first run at the Aberdeen movie theater weeks before, it attracted upwards of 400 moviegoers for the weekend. Typically, bigger Hollywood blockbusters can bring in bigger crowds to […]
- Community Bank annual breakfast honors veterans November 19, 2015
- Seriously, it’s just a cup; now you see there are more important talking points to discuss November 24, 2015
- No matter what the critics say, the message seems to ring out louder November 24, 2015
- Poole’s hot shooting leads Noles to 4-0 start November 24, 2015
- Blaylock’s clutch shooting leads Tigers to victory November 24, 2015
- Extra point carries Noles to victory November 25, 2015
- Orr makes key plays to top East Side November 25, 2015
- Panthers earn sweep over New Albany November 25, 2015
- Volunteers provide fellowship and Thanksgiving meals November 25, 2015
- Aberdeen High School band marching in Chicago Thanksgiving Day Parade November 25, 2015
- Marty Harris: I hope that they do get the speeders slowed down b...
- Scott: Thanks Chris, cool to see you guys doing these thi...
- Kelly Wolfe: Dr. Neil Wanee had been our family doctor for 28 y...
- Carlos: This sounds really nice. I think it not possible d...
- WeldingTodayDotCom : Good thing that women also are showing their inter...
Monroe County, MS
City of Aberdeen
City of Amory
Monroe County Chamber of Commerce
Tombigbee Regional Library
Social Security Disability Attorney
Auto Accidents Attorney
Mayfield Law Firm
Thames Family Dentistry