The Aberdeen Bulldogs foresaw this week’s Class 3A North finals matchup with Charleston. After all, last season was the first time the two haven’t met in the playoffs since 2010, and it’s the sixth meeting in the last eight years – the fourth straight time the Bulldogs travel to Charleston. “The guys are excited about […]
The Smithville Seminoles know they may be the underdogs in this week’s Class 1A North finals. After all, Hollandale Simmons comes into the matchup with a 10-0 record and off a 75-point performance against West Lowndes last week. But the Seminoles (13-1) embrace not being the favorites. “This is where we want to be. We’ll […]
AMORY – Classes began Oct. 13 for students at the new Amory Cosmetology Academy. The new academy was a dream come to fruition for owner Robin Carroll. “My mother was a teacher, and I always wanted to teach but fought it. I just did not want to teach in the school system,” said Carroll. “I […]
ABERDEEN – It’s anybody’s game Saturday between Mississippi State and Ole Miss, but for Belle Elementary School’s 2nd Annual Egg Bowl Nov. 20, the Bulldogs are 2-0 for the series that encourages students to represent the state’s biggest universities and increase accelerated reader percentages. “The participation this year is much higher. There was a very […]
AMORY – Since no one qualified to run for the Amory School Board position left vacant by Mindy Brand, the board of aldermen conducted an interview with three potential candidates at the Nov. 17 meeting. Chris Erickson, Rachel Faulkner and Angela Smith all applied for the only elected position on the school board, which represents […]
ABERDEEN – The need for an accounting software update for the City of Aberdeen was the beginning of discussion Nov. 17 regarding requests that the board of aldermen agreed that the city doesn’t have the money to spend at this time. The $14,135.45 accounting software update isn’t mandatory at this point, but city comptroller Karen […]
By Rob Williams For the Monroe Journal ABERDEEN – Despite outstanding individual performances in both games, Aberdeen came up short in a double-bill against Shannon on Thursday night at the Aberdome. Freshman Jasmine Braylock put up a triple-double in the girls’ game, and Queshod Young led all scorers in the boys’ game with 23 points, […]
AMORY – After much speculation and hard work on behalf of Amory Main Street and City of Amory Electric Department employees, the old Amory Garment tree is standing strong on the corner of 104th Street North and 5th Avenue North. “It took about two weeks off and on to get it up. We had it […]
ABERDEEN – In what Monroe County Road Department Manager Sonny Clay said is the first time the county has required a bond that goes along with a contract, the board of supervisors approved a road permit bond in the amount of $750,000 for all county roads used by Gulf Pine Energy’s future plans to explore […]
- Make a winning decision by choosing not to smoke November 21, 2015
- Panthers earn sweep over New Albany November 25, 2015
- Orr makes key plays to top East Side November 25, 2015
- Extra point carries Noles to victory November 25, 2015
- Supervisors approve road permit bond related to oil exploration November 26, 2015
- Bulldogs aiming to get over Charleston hump November 27, 2015
- Noles okay with the underdog role November 27, 2015
- Amory Cosmetology Academy provides education in hair and nails November 27, 2015
- Students rack up points through reading and playing in annual Egg Bowl November 27, 2015
- Amory aldermen interview school board appointees November 27, 2015
- Marty Harris: I hope that they do get the speeders slowed down b...
- Scott: Thanks Chris, cool to see you guys doing these thi...
- Kelly Wolfe: Dr. Neil Wanee had been our family doctor for 28 y...
- Carlos: This sounds really nice. I think it not possible d...
- WeldingTodayDotCom : Good thing that women also are showing their inter...
Monroe County, MS
City of Aberdeen
City of Amory
Monroe County Chamber of Commerce
Tombigbee Regional Library
Social Security Disability Attorney
Auto Accidents Attorney
Mayfield Law Firm
Thames Family Dentistry