For the Monroe Journal Young adults ages 16-24 can participate in a five-week Counseling 2 Career program at WIN Job Centers in Itawamba Community College’s five-county district. C2C is an opportunity for work experience and assistance with securing full-time employment. Participants in the C2C program must not currently be enrolled in any school; have the […]
For the Monroe Journal The Continuing Education Department of Itawamba Community College has scheduled two options for Preparing for the ACT. The first class, which will begin at 5:30 p.m., Aug. 17, at the Belden Center, 3200 Adams Farm Rd., will meet Mondays from 5:30-8 p.m. through Oct. 12. The $100 fee includes the book. […]
SPLUNGE – According to Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell, the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office received a call at approximately 1 p.m. July 31 that a body had been found on Splunge Road. The badly decomposed body of the unidentified white male was located in a ditch approximately 20 yards from the road. Cantrell said the […]
By David Wheeler Special to the Journal HATTIESBURG – The Tupelo 49ers and Pontotoc Red Sox were almost on the wrong kind of field on Monday. Posting more of a football score in the championship game of the 2015 Senior American Legion State Baseball Tournament, the 49ers survived the heat and a Red Sox comeback […]
AMORY – A Back to School Dash and 5K Color Bash will usher in the new school year Aug. 1. The event is hosted by Junior Auxiliary of Amory and DreamRiders Chapter C Biking For Children. All proceeds will go toward the children of Monroe County through the projects sponsored by JA and DreamRiders. “JA […]
HAMILTON – Hamilton Appreciation Day will officially begin at 11:30 a.m. Aug. 1 at Hamilton High School’s gymnasium. Now in its 25th year, the celebration will feature several of its normal activities, but given that this year is an election year, several candidates running for county offices will be given a chance to speak. “Hamilton […]
Former Hatley softball standout Courtney Roberts only needed one season to show her worth at Itawamba Community College. Roberts, who isn’t playing her sophomore season due to starting nursing school, racked up a host of awards as a freshman for the Lady Indians in 2015. “It was definitely a surprise to do so well, and […]
For the Monroe Journal Monroe County is ranked in the top 5 percent of counties nationwide in manufacturing job growth, according to recent statistics released by Headlight Data. Monroe County ranked 134 out of 2,746 U.S. counties for manufacturing job growth in 2013-2014, with manufacturing jobs increasing by 18.7 percent in the county during that […]
Mississippi has set aside a sales tax-free shopping weekend for the past seven years. The tax-free shopping usually coincides with back-to-school shopping. Aberdeen and Amory will again participate in this event set for July 31 through Aug. 1. Only two items are allowed in Mississippi – clothing costing less than $100 and shoes less than […]
- Aberdeen cook specializes in soup, seafood dishes July 26, 2015
- Mississippi’s tax-free shopping set for July 31-Aug. 1 July 30, 2015
- Monroe County ranked in top 5 percent in nation for growth July 30, 2015
- Freshman phenom: Roberts makes big impact in lone ICC season July 30, 2015
- Hamilton’s community spirit to shine with its appreciation day July 31, 2015
- C2C program provides opportunity for work experience August 1, 2015
- ICC to offer Preparing for the ACT August 1, 2015
- Decomposed body found on Splunge Road July 31, 2015
- Tupelo 49ers rally for third straight state championship July 31, 2015
- JA, DreamRiders ringing in new school year with Saturday celebrations July 31, 2015
- Michael: That's why we need better sidewalks and crosswalk...
- Body of missing Bartlett fisherman found - Bartlett ExpressBartlett Express: […] an earlier story about the search effort...
- Helen Whitten: How would itawamba county go about getting these r...
- debbie jones: Why in the world is the bond so low? Is $5000 all ...
- Linda: These folks were operating in Nashville several ye...
Monroe County, MS
City of Aberdeen
City of Amory
Monroe County Chamber of Commerce
Tombigbee Regional Library
Social Security Disability Attorney
Auto Accidents Attorney
Mayfield Law Firm
Thames Family Dentistry