AMORY – For the second year in a row, four Monroe County football teams got to see how they measured up against a host of other teams at this year’s Amory Iron Man Shootout. Host Amory, Aberdeen, Hamilton and Hatley all competed in the tournament, which combined 7-on-7 action with a competition for each school’s […]
With the Aug. 4 primary election approximately one month away, the deadline to register to vote in the election is July 4. The Monroe County Courthouse will be closed Friday, July 3, but will be open from 8 a.m. until noon Saturday for anyone wishing to register to vote in this election. Those mailing in […]
AMORY – At approximately 9:30 a.m. this morning a high pressure gas line behind El Rey Mexican Restaurant was ruptured by a contractor requiring a 3 block evacuation. “Due to wind conditions and the nature of the leak, the neighborhood was evacuated and traffic was blocked from Main Street down to 6th Street,” said E911 […]
AMORY – Activity has begun to pick up in the past couple of weeks at Frisco Park. In response to the construction of the park’s interactive fountain, Mayor Brad Blalock urges residents to continue to be patient with the city as progress is being made. “Although it may seem like no work is being done […]
AMORY – Even though weather has twice postponed a touch-a-truck event planned by Amory Main Street in previous months, the event has swelled into more of an Independence Day celebration. The July 4th on the 3rd Celebration will be held July 3, from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the Pea Patch and ball fields […]
NEW ALBANY – For the second year in a row, the Amory Panthers made a deep run through the summer NEMCABB tournament, beating Corinth and East Union to reach the quarterfinals. On Tuesday, the Panthers pounded out 13 runs in a 13-4 route of East Union, while they had 10 hits in 6 innings of […]
VICKSBURG – Three of the 30 Miss Mississippi 2015 pageant contestants last week had Amory ties. Even though none of the three were crowned as Miss Mississippi or one of the alternates, Miss Tombigbee Alivia Roberts was among the top 11 finalists. Typically the top 10 advance, but there was a tie. Roberts won the […]
ABERDEEN – With the red, white and blue waving at its entrance, Acker Park welcomed the flow of Aberdeen Main Street’s Fourth of July parade June 27 for a dedication ceremony. The event balanced the past, present and future on two fronts as veterans of the Korean and Vietnam wars were honored, and the public […]
A long list of bills were signed into law earlier this year after action on the House and Senate floors in Jackson that go into effect July 1. Among a list of changes and amendments, two of the most noticeable are geared towards those behind the wheel of a motor vehicle. House Bill 389, which […]
- Plenty of questions remain before vote on charter issue June 25, 2015
- Boxing match puts locals on the ropes with different experiences June 30, 2015
- Vanilla isn’t as exciting as Ben and Jerry’s, but it still tastes good June 30, 2015
- Tigers edged out late by Commodores June 30, 2015
- Texting while driving, inspection sticker abolishment among new state laws July 1, 2015
- Amory Shootout gives football teams early measuring stick July 2, 2015
- Voter registration ends Saturday July 2, 2015
- Gas leak forces evacuation in Amory July 2, 2015
- Mayor urges patience during interactive fountain construction July 2, 2015
- Amory Main Street ringing in the Fourth one day early July 2, 2015
- Linda: These folks were operating in Nashville several ye...
- Ty: If what the writer said were true,minor traffic st...
- Ray Van Dusen: That contact number is 640-2043. Have a blast if y...
- KMyhand: Any contact information or details on how to book ...
- Johndoe: Does Glen Bingham even live in AMory....I thought ...
Monroe County, MS
City of Aberdeen
City of Amory
Monroe County Chamber of Commerce
Tombigbee Regional Library
Social Security Disability Attorney
Auto Accidents Attorney
Mayfield Law Firm
Thames Family Dentistry