VICKSBURG – Three of the 30 Miss Mississippi 2015 pageant contestants last week had Amory ties. Even though none of the three were crowned as Miss Mississippi or one of the alternates, Miss Tombigbee Alivia Roberts was among the top 11 finalists. Typically the top 10 advance, but there was a tie. Roberts won the […]
ABERDEEN – With the red, white and blue waving at its entrance, Acker Park welcomed the flow of Aberdeen Main Street’s Fourth of July parade June 27 for a dedication ceremony. The event balanced the past, present and future on two fronts as veterans of the Korean and Vietnam wars were honored, and the public […]
A long list of bills were signed into law earlier this year after action on the House and Senate floors in Jackson that go into effect July 1. Among a list of changes and amendments, two of the most noticeable are geared towards those behind the wheel of a motor vehicle. House Bill 389, which […]
NEW ALBANY – In a battle of two North half runnerups, Lafayette took advantage of a key fifth inning run to edge out Hatley 4-3 and eliminate them from this week’s NEMCABB Tournament. The two teams exchanged the lead three times in the five inning game. “They got the big hits, and we didn’t, and […]
Like I typed in response to a text later on that night, it wasn’t the first time that day I heard a girl say she thought Caitlyn Jenner was prettier than she was. I once dated a girl who loved to keep up with the Kardashians, but I was usually in the other room watching […]
ABERDEEN – Growing up, Henry Hammack and his family spent other ways to bond than in front of a television screen since they didn’t own one at the time. However, he remembers a time when Friday night fights helped him and his father, Claude, connect on a different level. “Dad was a boxing fan, […]
AMORY – During the Mississippi Main Street Awards, held June 18 in Jackson, Amory Main Street went down with 10 representatives and came back with bragging rights. For its exterior building rehabilitation, Edward Jones won the Best Facade Rehabilitation Under $10,000 Award. This award recognizes the best single façade renovation project under $10,000 that […]
On the first day of school, there are always great stories to be told about the adventures of vacations, summer blockbusters and birthday parties to be told after students reunite with friends. Those ‘What I did on my summer vacation’ reports may be easy A’s, but so many tales of Gulf Shores all bleed into […]
For the Monroe Journal “Station Eleven” By Emily St. John Mandel **** Station Eleven,” by Emily St. John Mandel, is that rare and wonderful thing, an easily accessible science fiction novel. Really, it’s more pure speculative fiction than science fiction, as the science isn’t prominent in the story. Pretty much anybody could read and enjoy […]
- Military career puts extra fight in Amory’s native’s bout with cancer June 24, 2015
- Dodging the Doctor? Real men get an annual check up June 27, 2015
- Recipes are not yo’ mama’s homemade ice cream June 28, 2015
- Book reviews by Judy Wall Crump June 29, 2015
- Summer learning keeps minds sharp and helps tell a better host of stories June 29, 2015
- Amory representative in Miss Mississippi pageant July 1, 2015
- Aberdeen shows its patriotism and its pride for Acker Park July 1, 2015
- Texting while driving, inspection sticker abolishment among new state laws July 1, 2015
- Tigers edged out late by Commodores June 30, 2015
- Vanilla isn’t as exciting as Ben and Jerry’s, but it still tastes good June 30, 2015
- Linda: These folks were operating in Nashville several ye...
- Ty: If what the writer said were true,minor traffic st...
- Ray Van Dusen: That contact number is 640-2043. Have a blast if y...
- KMyhand: Any contact information or details on how to book ...
- Johndoe: Does Glen Bingham even live in AMory....I thought ...
Monroe County, MS
City of Aberdeen
City of Amory
Monroe County Chamber of Commerce
Tombigbee Regional Library
Social Security Disability Attorney
Auto Accidents Attorney
Mayfield Law Firm
Thames Family Dentistry