AMORY – The Amory Regional Museum has a full slate of events planned for Dec. 10. The museum’s open house, with refreshments, is planned for 4 until 7 p.m. The Amory High School Culinary Arts students will again have their gingerbread houses on display; museum director Bo Miller will have his Snow Village on display, […]
For the Monroe Journal Staff members from Gentiva Home Health, an affiliate of Kindred at Home, collected approximately 1,423 pounds of food donations throughout August as part of the company’s annual national food drive held throughout the country. Gentiva employees at the Amory office and their counterparts across the country placed food collection bags at […]
ABERDEEN – Thanks mainly to the addition of its grocery store for senior citizens, Loaves and Fishes Food Pantry has been selected as the Mid-South Food Bank’s Food Pantry of the Year for 2015. Earning the same honor last year, it has been the thinking outside of the box approaches that have also prompted more […]
NETTLETON – According to Nettleton City Clerk Dana Burcham, the Nettleton Christmas Parade is still scheduled to start at 7 p.m. Monday. If the weather is questionable for parade time, a decision will be made later this afternoon.
The Amory Police Department arrested Matthew Roosevelt Gunn, 26, of Amory on the charge of possession of a Schedule II drug. Monroe County Justice Court Judge Robert Fowlkes set bond at $10,000.
ABERDEEN – The Aberdeen School District applied for a 21st Century learning community grant last year and received notification in July that it would be awarded to the district. Being the majority of his November agenda for the district, conservator Mac Curlee approved personnel for the literacy-based program. “The grant will focus on literature throughout […]
AMORY – The Monroe County Board of Education was given a report Nov. 12 of the Monroe County Career Technical Center by director Steve Cantrell of the 2015-16 school year. The CTC raised more than $2,200 for the Walker Scholarship through its fall festival. Students in the technical classes made various items to sale at […]
AMORY – Amory School District Superintendent Ken Byars briefed the Amory School Board on the results from the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) assessment taken last year at the Nov. 9 meeting. “In Algebra 1, the state average was 731, and the national average was 734. Our average is 745, […]
AMORY – A stop for $5’s worth of gasoline at Murphy USA turned into a reminder of the good in the world for an Aberdeen couple on Veterans Day. “We were just going to get enough gas to get us home and to Columbus to get it cheaper,” said Lee Harris. “Ed had his army […]
- Seriously, it’s just a cup; now you see there are more important talking points to discuss November 24, 2015
- Noles okay with the underdog role November 27, 2015
- Bulldogs aiming to get over Charleston hump November 27, 2015
- Rural hospitals are at risk November 28, 2015
- ICC representatives visit area WIN centers November 28, 2015
- Amory Regional Museum hosts holiday events December 1, 2015
- Gentiva collects more than 1,400 pounds of food December 1, 2015
- Loaves and Fishes Food Pantry named a two-line Food Pantry of the Year Award-winner December 1, 2015
- Nettleton Christmas parade still planned for tonight November 30, 2015
- Amory man faces drug charge November 30, 2015
- Marty Harris: I hope that they do get the speeders slowed down b...
- Scott: Thanks Chris, cool to see you guys doing these thi...
- Kelly Wolfe: Dr. Neil Wanee had been our family doctor for 28 y...
- Carlos: This sounds really nice. I think it not possible d...
- WeldingTodayDotCom : Good thing that women also are showing their inter...
Monroe County, MS
City of Aberdeen
City of Amory
Monroe County Chamber of Commerce
Tombigbee Regional Library
Social Security Disability Attorney
Auto Accidents Attorney
Mayfield Law Firm
Thames Family Dentistry