According to the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office, the reward for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for shooting Monroe County deputy Eric Sloan Monday has increased to $7,000. Anyone with any information is asked to call the MCSO at 369-2468.
Gentiva Home Health and Hospice will conclude its 11th annual food drive benefiting the county’s food pantries at the end of August. Throughout the month, drop-off locations have been available in Aberdeen, Amory and Smithville. Gentiva is part of the Kindred at Home family of home healthcare, and last year’s food drive yielded 838,000 pounds […]
AMORY – Traci Dobbs with the Department of Human Services is asking the city to help find foster homes for Monroe County children who need a place to stay. “We have 65 children and 15 foster homes. That means we have to go outside the area, which cuts the children off from familiar surroundings,” said […]
ABERDEEN – Representatives of Monroe Gas Storage chose not to be present at the Aug. 21 board of supervisors meeting, but rather sent an objection to the facility’s 2015 tax assessment, which the board overruled. Owners of the facility filed for a reduction of assessment to $20 million with the county, a $6 million decrease […]
By CAROLYN PARSON /For the Monroe Journal ABERDEEN – The biggest discussion of the Aug. 18 board of aldermen meeting centered around the city’s comp time policy for employees. The current policy states that employees take comp time within 30 days of acquiring the time. Mayor Cecile Belle said that the 30-day policy isn’t adequate […]
By Rob Williams For the Monroe Journal HATLEY – Fresh off their first playoff appearance in school history, Hatley kept things going in the right direction, opening the 2015 season with a 34-6 win over Potts Camp. “This program has not experienced a lot of success over the years,” Hatley coach Patrick Schoolar said, “One […]
HAMILTON – The miscues happened early for Hamilton, and larger school South Pontotoc jumped on them in a 49-13 route in the Lions’ season opener. The Cougars turned four Hamilton turnovers into points and rode the momentum to the dominating win. “Our injuries are hurting us right now, but that’s no excuse. We’re depending on […]
For the Monroe Journal The Amory Panthers opened the season on the road on Friday night, suffering a 40-6 loss at Madison Ridgeland Academy. MRA led 7-0 after the first quarter and 34-6 at halftime. Scott Carter scored the lone Panthers’ touchdown on a 55-yard run with 7:35 to go in the second quarter. He […]
According to the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office, the reward for any information leading to the arrest of the person responsible for shooting deputy Eric Sloan Monday has increased to $5,750. The shooter, who left the scene of the shooting on Highway 45 Alternate near the Okolona exit, was last seen traveling south. He is described […]
- Dr. G.S. Bryan’s home a towering piece of Amory’s early days August 20, 2015
- Nonprofit’s yard sale ensures funds for pets August 25, 2015
- Quick Bites program extends tips regarding creepy crawlers August 25, 2015
- Reward offered in deputy shooter case August 25, 2015
- Reward doubles for information leading to shooter’s arrest August 25, 2015
- Reward increases to $7,000 in shooter case August 27, 2015
- Gentiva food drive ends next week, benefits food pantries August 27, 2015
- DHS representative approaches Amory aldermen with foster home plea August 27, 2015
- Supervisors overrule Monroe Gas Storage tax assessment objection August 27, 2015
- City employee comp time a talking point for Aberdeen aldermen August 27, 2015
- Michael: That's why we need better sidewalks and crosswalk...
- Body of missing Bartlett fisherman found - Bartlett ExpressBartlett Express: […] an earlier story about the search effort...
- Helen Whitten: How would itawamba county go about getting these r...
- debbie jones: Why in the world is the bond so low? Is $5000 all ...
- Linda: These folks were operating in Nashville several ye...
Monroe County, MS
City of Aberdeen
City of Amory
Monroe County Chamber of Commerce
Tombigbee Regional Library
Social Security Disability Attorney
Auto Accidents Attorney
Mayfield Law Firm
Thames Family Dentistry