AMORY – The Amory Career and Technology Center has formed advisory committees for each of its programs which, include Engineering/Science-Related; Metal Fabrication; Health Sciences; Teacher Academy; Horticulture; Culinary Arts; and Marketing. The first advisory committee meeting was held at the center on Oct. 13. “The State Department of Education requires that we have a craft […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
News from the Monroe County Journal in North Mississippi
AMORY – At the Oct. 7 meeting of the Amory School Board, Superintendent Tony Cook said that enrollment in Amory Schools continue to decline. “Until more homes are built in Amory for families, we will see that decline. Young people with families that are moving back here are going into the county,” Cook said. Board […]
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office responded to a disturbance call Oct. 24 on Gray Drive, which resulted in the discovery of ICE. Shelby Gray, 40, Wesley Curt James, 31, and Kim James, 22, all of Amory were taken into custody and charged with possession of ICE. Bond has not been set at this time and […]
EGYPT – Oct. 23. On this day in history, the first North American transcontinental air service began from New York to Los Angeles in 1929, the United Nations General Assembly convenes for the first time in 1946 and Mary Forshee Gladney, who still keeps a smile on her face, is born in Aberdeen in 1914. […]
STARKVILLE – It was a weekend some saw coming while others never thought they’d live to see the day. Mississippi State University’s 38-23 win over Auburn University Oct. 11 projected the then #3 ranked team past Florida State to sit atop the college football world after the polls were announced the next day. As cowbells […]
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office arrested Antoine Terrell Griffin, Jr., 20, of Aberdeen Oct. 20. Griffin is accused of allegedly chasing another vehicle on Highway 25 South. While chasing that vehicle, Griffin allegedly hit another vehicle at the intersection of Highway 25 and Marina Road. Griffin is charged with no insurance, leaving the scene of […]
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office has started its Christmas Toy Drive. The public is asked to donate new toys at any of the following locations: Wal-Mart, Loden’s Body Shop or Carlisle Cleaners, all in Amory or at Monroe County Sheriff’s Office in Aberdeen on Mondays through Fridays from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. The department […]
Domestic violence doesn’t just happen to a certain socioeconomic group and it does not have any borders. Domestic violence and abuse does not discriminate. It occurs within all age groups, among heterosexual couples, as well as same-sex partnerships. And yes, we have domestic violence in Monroe County. One person who wants to remain anonymous gave […]
AMORY – Get ready to boogie at the Big Bad Bluegrass Festival Saturday, Oct. 25 at the Old Armory National Guard. The Steel Toe Magnolias will kick off the festivities at 5 p.m. with a clogging performance followed by a jam session with Roundhouse Jam, a gathering of area bluegrass musicians who are sure to […]
- Monroe County Career Technical Center holds annual fall festival October 18, 2014
- Laughter is one of the best medicines for centurion October 24, 2014
- Miss Mississippi State University crowned at best time to be a Bulldog October 24, 2014
- Lions cruise at Biggersville October 23, 2014
- Bulldogs blasted by defending champions October 23, 2014
- Lady Noles win North slugfest with Hamilton October 25, 2014
- Lady Panthers survive Tish comebacks to win North October 25, 2014
- Lady Tigers sweep for North state October 25, 2014
- Homers propel Nettleton in North half October 25, 2014
- Advisory committees form for career and technology classes October 25, 2014
- Business Owner of Amory: There is crime in Amory. There are drugs in Amory....
- louis vaughan: over the years I guess is what kept amory the cit...
- Laurenda: Excellent story Ray!!!...
- Ken Holmes: Gilbert Whitehead was an employee of mine while he...
- Busted: This guy has had more chances than I can count. Lo...
- Amory trio charged with possession of ICE http://t.co/XEKwQp93Pz 17 hours ago
- Monroe football previews: Week 10 http://t.co/X0k8ZG0U15 19 hours ago
- Laughter is one of the best medicines for centurion http://t.co/6MmyRSA1vU 1 day ago
- Miss Mississippi State University crowned at best time to be a Bulldog http://t.co/nlJmpewbYP 1 day ago
- Alleged wild ride leads to multiple charges for Aberdeen man http://t.co/kRTatdQaW4 2 days ago