AMORY – According to the Amory Police Department, Mary Ann Smith, 46, of Tupelo was arrested on two counts of identity theft. She had obtained a Social Security number from an individual and used it to open two loan accounts in Amory. Smith was already out on bond from a previous charge of false pretense in Amory. Her first […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
News from the Monroe County Journal in North Mississippi
AMORY – Hamilton resident Jean Robinson was selected to fill the vacancy left by the late Don Self on the Monroe County School Board for District 4. She will finish out the term, which ends December 2015. The position will be on the general election ballot next November and whoever is elected will serve until […]
AMORY – Members of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People approached the Amory School Board on Dec. 9 to discuss what they feel are unfair treatments of African American students within the district. “We have a list of complaints from black students. If you have students preoccupied with thinking about these things, […]
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office’s Narcotics Unit, with the assistance of the Mississippi Department of Corrections, arrested William Grady Prestridge, 48, of Greenwood Springs Dec. 16. Prestridge was arrested on Commerce Street in Aberdeen and charged with possession of methamphetamine and parole violation. Prestridge was currently on probation with the Mississippi Department of Corrections. Prestridge […]
AMORY – River Birch Golf Club will be sold by Renasant Bank at some point in January, according to the course’s board president Paul Knox. “It has been a financial struggle from the beginning,” Knox said. “In the beginning, the golf club was in the county. It was incorporated into the city in the late […]
ABERDEEN – A Mississippi Department of Archives and History grant matched by the City of Aberdeen has secured documentation of a large swath of downtown that could provide for the beginning steps of a local preservation district, much like the Silk Stocking Row Historical District. The grant provides for all 250 structures in the area […]
WREN – According to Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley, a single vehicle accident claimed the life of a Wren resident Tuesday. Forty-year-old Glenn Allen Garrett of Little Coontail Road was found lying beside his badly damaged 2002 Ford F-150 Tuesday at approximately 3 p.m. after another driver discovered the wreckage while driving on Sand Hill […]
By Austin Haney /For the Monroe Journal WREN – So what does it take to go from dairy farm to runway? For one thing, a lot of work. A few miles west of Amory is a little community called Wren, and in that community off Highway 45 is a house with approximately 200 acres of […]
ABERDEEN – Continuing a Christmas tradition, the Aberdeen Visitors Bureau will provide a free screening of “Polar Express” at the Elkin Theatre Dec. 18 at 7 p.m. Doors open at 6:15 p.m. for crafts projects, a photobooth and last minute chances to tell Santa Claus about present requests. On top of all that, the event […]
- Supervisors approve airport advisory committee bylaws December 12, 2014
- Amory soccer starts out division play with wins December 16, 2014
- One vehicle accident claims life of Wren man December 16, 2014
- Aberdeen taking hopeful steps towards new historical district December 17, 2014
- Financial difficulties force upcoming sale of River Birch December 17, 2014
- Tupelo woman charged with identity theft December 18, 2014
- Lady Noles edge out Tremont in rematch December 18, 2014
- Robinson selected as new county school board member December 18, 2014
- NAACP approaches Amory School Board with list of complaints December 18, 2014
- Wave hand Bulldogs first loss December 17, 2014
- Diva: Nothing like doing the meth with the kids!...
- James R White: At least you share the same frustration that Chris...
- D. Stan: So what are they hiding? If it is questionable wou...
- john: Its astonishing to me that its 2014 and people are...
- my3sons: Thank you for this article Emily. It is very well ...
Monroe County, MS
City of Aberdeen
City of Amory
Monroe County Chamber of Commerce
Tombigbee Regional Library
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Collierville Dentist at Schilling Farms