AMORY – At the June 21 Amory Board of Aldermen meeting, the board held a public hearing for property rezoning for a section of land off of Highway 278 West. The property stretches from east of Lt. Col. Herbert Carter Drive to Amory Rentals and is listed as B1 commercial property. The property was purchased […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
News from the Monroe County Journal in North Mississippi
Since the Monroe Journal will be closed July 4, deadlines will be earlier this week. Retail ads are due Friday at 10 a.m., and classified ads are due Thursday at 3 p.m. News-related items are due by 5 p.m. Thursday. The office will re-open at 8 a.m. July 5.
ABERDEEN – During its June 21 meeting, the board of aldermen stalled at Mayor Maurice Howard’s request for $20,000 to go towards the upcoming Aberdeen Bulldog Festival next month. “We’re going to raise more than $20,000 but we need to be approved for the funding to start getting things in place so we can go […]
ABERDEEN – As part of July 23’s Aberdeen Bulldog Festival, organizations are planning a Corvette showcase, and owners of the iconic American muscle car are asked to participate. According to Aberdeen Public Affairs Officer Justin Crosby, O’Reilly’s Auto Parts is sponsoring the showcase, and trophies will be awarded for first-, second- and third-place. “It’s an […]
ABERDEEN – The Aberdeen School District is requesting a total of 55.10 mills for Fiscal Year 2016-2017, as per a public hearing June 27. The operational millage is estimated to be 52.16 mills and debt service is 2.94 mills. The request is an increase from Fiscal Year 2015-2016’s request of 51.3 operational mills. Aberdeen School […]
ABERDEEN – The five new members of the Aberdeen School Board will take their oaths of office on Friday at 9 a.m. the Monroe County Chancery Courthouse’s courtroom on Commerce Street. Judge Michael Malski will administer the oaths. The incoming school board members are Patrick Lockett, Dwight McComb, Tonny Oliver, Sandra Peoples and Jim Edwards. […]
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office arrested Ivan Ellis Long, 48, of Aberdeen June 27 on the charge of burglary of an automobile. He is currently being held at the Monroe County Detention Center. In a separate case, the MCSO arrested Dustin Brock Story, 25, of Hamilton on the charge of burglary of a commercial building. […]
For the Monroe Journal The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office would like to announce its summer youth mentoring program, which is geared towards the youth in our community who have an interest in law enforcement. This is not a program designed for at risk youth or youth who the parent feels may have behavioral issues. The […]
Monroe Journal ABERDEEN – As part of the Aberdeen School District’s June agenda, conservator Mac Curlee approved a number of items pertaining to the district’s school board. “We are preparing to go online with all the board policies, but before we do so, we are updating all policy. Basically, rescinding and adopting policy. It has […]
- Landmark designation sought for Hatley School June 27, 2016
- Mock plane crash exercise builds on cohesiveness June 23, 2016
- Westlake Chemical to acquire shares of Axiall Corporation June 27, 2016
- Aberdeen School District holding budget hearing June 27, 2016
- Shooting sends one to Aberdeen hospital June 27, 2016
- Nettleton’s Adams signs with ICC softball June 29, 2016
- Monroe Journal has early deadlines June 29, 2016
- Amory aldermen approve rezoning on Highway 278 June 29, 2016
- Corvette showcase planned for Aberdeen Bulldog Festival June 29, 2016
- Aldermen approve donation for Aberdeen Bulldog Festival June 29, 2016
- Carroll White: Would love to see this happen for the Hatley Schoo...
- Chad Houston: Great article!!! The event called "Cruisin' Amor...
- Robert Pope: Theys a Explosive an bomb unit circling the block....
- Carlos Ann Sanders: Congratulations to the Amory Panthers and to Coach...
- Anti-bigot: This article is a joke just like this county and t...