CAROLINA – Tommy Blake has been involved in competition barbecuing for five years. He is a member of the Kansas City Barbeque Society, and he named his team PE Little Thrigs, from the take Archie Campbell performed on “Hee Haw” on the Three Little Pigs. “I was always a backyard cooker, and one day my […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
News from the Monroe County Journal in North Mississippi
According to Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell, four subjects are being held in connection to a string of vehicle thefts in Aberdeen. Cantrell says his department has recovered trucks stolen from White Oil and Pioneer Community Hospital and a trailer stolen from Mattox Services, all in Aberdeen. The vehicles were located near the Lee and […]
AMORY – Allergy season is upon us and many people are suffering the effects of pollen with sneezing, itching eyes, runny nose, coughing, etc. Nasal allergy symptoms can be triggered by indoor (year-round) or outdoor (seasonal) allergens. Knowing which allergens you react to can help you and your physician make a plan for limiting your […]
ABERDEEN – Being one of two facilities in Mississippi to offer such a service, Pioneer Community Hospital began accepting patients for its Ventilator Independence Program (VIP). “The name is not just that. Our patients are very important to us, so the name became a play on words,” said PCH Respiratory Director Sandi Roberts. Since beginning […]
ABERDEEN – Crews from Tilson Technology last week installed an antenna system for Aberdeen Public Utilities’ new Automated Meter Infrastructure (AMI) system, and contractors are currently performing a two- to three-week survey of access links. The wireless infrastructure work is the backbone of the AMI system, leased through GE. Customers will not face a rate […]
Amory pilot Aero English has no clue how many flight hours he has to his name, but a sealed folder he received April 11 from the Federal Aviation Administration probably details every facet of his career in flight. He reached more milestones that day to add to those details as the Monroe County Airport’s new […]
By CAROLYN PARSON/For the Monroe Journal ABERDEEN – Following discussion in executive session April 7, the board of aldermen went back into open session to approve Aberdeen Police Chief Henry Randle’s request for 10 body cameras for his department. Earlier in the meeting, Randle cited recent officer-involved shooting incidents across the country for the reasoning […]
ABERDEEN – Nita Miller, Fox-Everett vice president of employee benefits, came before the board of supervisors April 10 with good news. Through the county’s re-insurance with Optum health care insurance, a provision stating a stellar year constitutes a refund paid off with a $31,000 check for the previous coverage year. Regardless of a catastrophic claim, […]
AMORY – It looks like the city will be getting fresh roads and a shooting range sometime in the near future if two proposed ordinances make it through both public and board approval. City Attorney John Creekmore has prepared a notice of intent to release a $1.5 million bond issue for the purpose of paving […]
- Changes equal improvements for 2015 Railroad Festival April 15, 2015
- Desserts are Johnston’s favorite to cook April 12, 2015
- Lady Tigers rally late over Urchins April 15, 2015
- Sinkhole forces temporary bridge closure April 15, 2015
- City of Amory considers bond for repaving project April 16, 2015
- Blake thrives on competition barbecuing April 19, 2015
- Panthers strike early against Tigers April 18, 2015
- One day you’ll want to be a know-it-all so learn as much of it now April 18, 2015
- Lady Tigers take charge late over Lady Lions April 17, 2015
- Authorities make arrests in connection to stolen vehicles April 17, 2015
- Linda Brown Pearce: I so enjoyed the Railroal Festival! I only got to ...
- michelle harris: Thank you for this great article on our Craig Wayn...
- michelle harris: What a fantastic article about our Craig Wayne Boy...
- Ed Harden: Coach Pierce is the best man I have ever known. T...
- Laurenda: Hats Off to MCSD !!!! GLAD JUSTICE IS SERVED FOR O...