NETTLETON – Jamie Taylor of Nettleton has been cooking since she was nearly 12 years old. Her mother was in nursing school, and Taylor and her sister helped their dad. The first thing she remembers making were biscuits that her dad taught her and her sister to make. He also taught them to make gravy. […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
News from the Monroe County Journal in North Mississippi
HAMILTON – The Hamilton Post Office will host its 3rd Annual Breast Cancer Stamp Kickoff event Oct. 3 at 1 p.m. with chances for breast cancer survivors to support each other and be recognized by the community. The Ridin to a Cure benefit motorcycle ride begins at noon, and riders will receive a booklet of […]
AMORY – First Friends Respite Center will bring Alzheimer’s disease awareness to the forefront Oct. 3 with its annual Friends Walk at Frisco Park. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m., and the walk begins at 9:30 a.m. “There’s been more of a competition between local churches lately, and First United Methodist, St. Andrews and First Baptist […]
AMORY – Merit Health Gilmore Memorial’s October health seminar and luncheon for Oct. 5, “Mammograms and You,” will feature board certified general surgeon Dr. Hoat Hoang. The seminar will be held in Gilmore Memorial’s cafeteria from noon to 1 p.m with lunch provided. Attendees are asked to RSVP by noon on Oct. 1 at 256-6005, […]
For the Monroe Journal Several former Itawamba Community College band members and Indianettes will be on the Fulton Campus, Oct. 3, for the first-ever reunion of the All-American Band as part of the school’s homecoming activities. Celebrating 65 years of music is the theme for the reunion, which will include a pre-game tailgate, family activities […]
The annual Trash & Treasures Along the Tenn-Tom takes place Oct. 2 and 3. Vendors can set up anywhere along the waterway route with permission from property owners. In Monroe County, Smithville and Amory will be participating in the event. The City of Amory is waiving the fees for yard sale permits in town for […]
ABERDEEN – As with several previous board of supervisors meetings, speeding on county roads was the hot button topic Sept. 25. Discussion of the county’s issues with speeding led to brief discussion of another hot button topic – state legislation allowing counties to use radar. “It’s amazing that we’ve told the supervisors association, the sheriff’s […]
While taxpayers in parts of the county can expect to contribute a little more to services, taxpayers in other parts of the county won’t face any differences through Fiscal Year 2016 figures. As far as Monroe County itself goes, there will be no increase. The Monroe County School District faced a decrease from last year’s […]
According to a notification from the Amory Police Department, Amory resident Eddie Wilemon, who was reported missing earlier Wednesday, has been located.
- When your money gets married, too September 27, 2015
- Hatley handles Houlka on homecoming September 30, 2015
- Missing Amory man located September 30, 2015
- Fiscal Year 2016 reveals increases and balances for taxpayers October 1, 2015
- Supervisors talk lack of enforcement tool for speeding October 1, 2015
- Taylor’s cooking makes her popular October 4, 2015
- Holland’s walkoff homer tops Lady Lions October 3, 2015
- Amory native officially named pro body builder October 3, 2015
- Monroe football previews: Week 7 October 2, 2015
- Hamilton P.O. event to inspire breast cancer survivors October 2, 2015
- shelia allen: i have said this before and I will say it again yo...
- Michael: That's why we need better sidewalks and crosswalk...
- Body of missing Bartlett fisherman found - Bartlett ExpressBartlett Express: […] an earlier story about the search effort...
- Helen Whitten: How would itawamba county go about getting these r...
- debbie jones: Why in the world is the bond so low? Is $5000 all ...