AMORY – Police are searching for two suspects who got away after breaking into the AT&T store. Police say it happened around 3:30 this morning, according to WTVA. The three individuals led police on a chase that ended when the vehicle crashed on Concord Avenue. One of the suspects was apprehended but police are still […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
News from the Monroe County Journal in North Mississippi
ABERDEEN – Monroe County Sheriff Department arrested Ricky Wayne Allen, 50, of Aberdeen on Friday. Allen is charged with 2 counts of Breaking and Entering of a Building. He is accused of breaking into a building on Deer Road earlier this month where several items were taken. Monroe County Sheriff’s Department was able to recover […]
With Thanksgiving quickly approaching, several community-minded events will offer people the opportunity to come together for fellowship to enjoy the holiday. Aberdeen • The North Mt. Olivet General Baptist District Association Brotherhood Ministry will sponsor its annual free Thanksgiving Day meal on Thanksgiving Day. Pick–up or delivery of the meal will begin at 11 a.m. […]
AMORY – The Amory Main Street Fall Festival, held on Frisco Park on Oct. 30, was a tremendous success. More than 1,500 people were estimated to have attended the event. There were more than 20 chili entries in the chili cook-off competition. After judging, the following chili recipes were chosen as first-, second- and third […]
For the Monroe Journal JACKSON – Mississippi’s duck hunting season opens Nov. 27. Many waterfowl hunters are anxiously waiting, due to record breeding population estimates last spring. However, hunters should remember that winter severity and local habitat availability also play a major role in how many ducks make their way to Mississippi. The hunting season […]
AMORY – Helping with sports medicine in college seems like a glamorous job at a glance, but it is really hard work and a long commitment. Kelsey Cadden of Amory has been involved with the sports medicine department at Ole Miss for almost as long as she’s been enrolled there. The junior travels to all […]
For the Monroe Journal ABERDEEN – American Legion Auxiliary Unit 26 held its third annual Veterans Day Balloon release for local veterans Nov. 8. More than 150 balloons were released honoring living and deceased veterans, along with POW/MIAs. “This has grown to be one of our favorite events over the past years,” said Diane Belue, […]
ABERDEEN – Aberdeen police made an arrest last weekend in connection to a stolen car case reported in Tupelo, which followed another case of a stolen vehicle from Aberdeen and recovered in Verona. Officers arrested Cornelius Bean, 17, of Okolona. According to Aberdeen Police Chief Henry Randle, Bean has been adjudicated as an adult since […]
Even with Thanksgiving a week away, scenes of the holidays have already staked claim on light poles and underneath downtown awnings and through Christmas open houses throughout the county. Approaching dates for Christmas parades make the holiday season even more real. In normal fashion, the young and young at heart will have plenty of opportunities […]
- Annual Eldridge Toy Run scheduled for Dec. 6 November 17, 2014
- Bulldogs blast Vikings, host Kemper next November 19, 2014
- Access Family Health Clinic awarded $250,000 grant November 20, 2014
- It’s not as bad as you think; it’s just a little misunderstood November 20, 2014
- Area artisans on display at The Windows November 20, 2014
- Amory police search for robbery suspects November 24, 2014
- Aberdeen man arrested for breaking and entering November 24, 2014
- Community events celebrate Thanksgiving holiday November 24, 2014
- Fall Festival chili winners share recipes November 23, 2014
- Mississippi’s duck season opens Nov. 27 November 22, 2014
- James R White: At least you share the same frustration that Chris...
- D. Stan: So what are they hiding? If it is questionable wou...
- john: Its astonishing to me that its 2014 and people are...
- my3sons: Thank you for this article Emily. It is very well ...
- D. K.: Anyone knows that the more evil of the two is hard...
- Aberdeen man arrested for breaking and entering http://t.co/VOJxpZ80l4 4 hours ago
- Community events celebrate Thanksgiving holiday http://t.co/Xe1qpEf8oC 1 hour ago
- Fall Festival chili winners share recipes http://t.co/9AFpM86hg6 23 hours ago
- Okolona man charged with grand theft of an automobile http://t.co/S5TeJWvHsZ 3 days ago
- Christmas parades help usher in holiday spirit http://t.co/MHbLHnO69R 3 days ago