ABERDEEN – Girl Scout Troop 20900 has 30 members. Leaders are Alonda Smith, Latoya Anderson, Angie Word and Nina Betts. Assistant leaders are Annie Pargo, Mary H. McMillian, Charlene Whitfield and Amanda Vasser. The proceeds from the annual sale of Girl Scout cookies go towards the memberships, T-shirts, camp, supplies, uniforms, snacks and trips. The […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
News from the Monroe County Journal in North Mississippi
For the Monroe Journal TUPELO — The North Mississippi Medical Center Hospice Program is seeking volunteers to visit patients and families in their homes. The NMMC Hospice Program will offer a training workshop from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. on March 5, at the NMMC Hospice Office, 422-A East President St. in Tupelo. A light lunch will […]
AMORY – At the Feb. 10 meeting of the Monroe County Board of Education, Super-intendent Scott Cantrell informed the board members that as a result of the Ameresco project, the district had energy savings of $83,000. The district contracted with Ameresco several years ago on a project that would ultimately save the district monies on […]
HAMILTON – Junior Hamilton RB and track star Keshon Heard has an offer on the table from Mississippi State, his head coach Ray Weeks confirmed on Friday. Heard rushed for over 1,500 yards and had over 500 yards receiving for the Lions last season. He also won the 100-meter dash for Class 1A in 2014. […]
Faculty and staff of the Aberdeen School District will report at 9:45 a.m. Friday while students will report at 10 a.m.
AMORY – Approximately four months ago, First United Methodist Church formed a team of lay people from its congregation to begin praying and discerning how their church might begin to engage their community in ministry in a new way. “As pastor, I believe strongly that the local church serves as an extension of God’s […]
ABERDEEN – In what has become a trend with most board of supervisors meetings in the past weeks, discussion centered on the stalemate of the Matubby Creek bridge project on the fringe of Aberdeen. While the Aberdeen city officials have a utilities permit and an interlocal agreement in hand waiting to be signed and are […]
The Amory and Monroe County school districts have canceled classes for Friday. A decision regarding the Aberdeen School District will be made early in the morning.
Click on any photo to view photos from around the county
- DAR honors locals with annual awards February 22, 2015
- Lady Tigers come from behind for playoff spot February 25, 2015
- Snow cream is a sweet and easy treat February 25, 2015
- The centurion, the family man, the legend: A look back at Moses Hardy’s life February 26, 2015
- Aldermen entertain presentation of Lift, Inc.’s services February 26, 2015
- Getting to know Mississippi’s Toughest Kids March 1, 2015
- Aberdeen scouts share recipes using Girl Scout cookies March 1, 2015
- NMMC Hospice to train volunteers March 1, 2015
- Legislative Update: Week of Feb. 25, 2015 February 28, 2015
- School district saves energy through Ameresco project February 28, 2015
- Danny Majors: Did the course get purchased lately?...
- Janice Cain: Thanks for that article. I am Presbyterian and man...
- Diva: This lady along with an Amory native, Jo McDivitt,...
- chris: Please notify of related post to krystal and kyle ...
- monroeme: 5 alderman and one recused himself...where I went ...