Christopher Neal Bivens, 27, of Nettleton was arrested July 6 and charged with possession of ICE by the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office. The charges were a result of a traffic stop. Hali Nicole Sullivan, 22, of Nettleton was arrested by the MCSO and charged with possession of ICE following a traffic stop July 6. Bivens and […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
News from the Monroe County Journal in North Mississippi
The Amory Police Department arrested Lee Curtis Stegall, 58, of Amory on the charge of child molesting. Monroe County Justice Court Judge Robert Fowlkes set bond at $5,000. Stegall is out on bond.
ABERDEEN – In its second year of doing so, the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office gave away weather radios to senior citizens thanks to a grant from the Mississippi Leadership Council on Aging. “We started researching about grants when we formed our senior citizens council, and found out we could do things like this,” said Sheriff […]
ABERDEEN – Back in the summer of 1993, velociraptors and prehistoric roars ruled the box office. Whenever the Elkin Theatre Board of Directors learned that a long awaited reboot of the “Jurassic Park” franchise was coming to theaters, members had the idea of rescreening those unexpected moments that took audiences by surprise more than 20 […]
By Emma Crawford /Daily Journal NETTLETON – The city of Nettleton smoke-tested 25,000 feet of sewer line recently as part of a Sewer System Evaluation Survey needed to do $1.3 million worth of rehabilitation on the city’s sewer lines. The grant is funded by Mississippi Community Development Block Grants Program. Before doing the smoke testing, […]
AMORY – Amy Shelly doesn’t consider herself a cook, but she likes cooking and being in the kitchen. Her mom went back to school when she was in the middle school. Since she was the oldest, she started helping in the kitchen. “My dad worked and my mom had taken care of us and the […]
For the Monroe Journal The United States Department of Agriculture/Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), the Neshoba County Soil and Water Conservation District and the Leake County Soil and Water Conservation District will hold a small ruminant boot camp. The boot camp will be held on July 18, 2015 at 9 a.m. at the Neshoba County […]
For the Monroe Journal According to Farm Service Agency Farm Loan Manager James A. Love, emergency loans for farmers, ranchers and operators are available through the Chickasaw County Office of the Farm Service Agency. According to Love, this authority is pursuant to Administrator Dolcini’s declaration on June 12, 2015, of a major disaster in Mississippi […]
AMORY – Friends Jolie Bishop and Hannah Hoang recently decided they wanted to raise money to benefit local families, and thought the Amory Food Pantry would be a good choice. The girls did all the work. Hannah’s grandfather, Andy Love, carried her to the store to buy everything they needed the night before. They made […]
- Book reviews by Judy Wall Crump June 29, 2015
- Amory Shootout gives football teams early measuring stick July 2, 2015
- Amory girls sell lemonade for food pantry July 3, 2015
- Opinions will wave long after the state flag issue dies down, so learn to tolerate them July 3, 2015
- Amory’s Pate signs with ICC July 3, 2015
- MCSO makes ICE arrests July 6, 2015
- Amory man charged with child molestation July 6, 2015
- Weather radios for seniors made possible by MCSO July 6, 2015
- Elkin Theatre screening free showings of ‘Jurassic Park’ trilogy July 6, 2015
- Nettleton smoke inspection part of $1.3M sewer grant July 5, 2015
- Linda: These folks were operating in Nashville several ye...
- Ty: If what the writer said were true,minor traffic st...
- Ray Van Dusen: That contact number is 640-2043. Have a blast if y...
- KMyhand: Any contact information or details on how to book ...
- Johndoe: Does Glen Bingham even live in AMory....I thought ...