SMITHVILLE – Due to a conflict Buff ‘The Stuff’ Bagwell will not be wrestling in the main event for Friday’s Smithville Smackdown, an Outlaw Wrestling Organization fundraiser for Smithville School. Instead, Robert Gibson half of the tag team The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express, will face Shawn Reed in the main event. Gibson formerly wrestled in […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
News from the Monroe County Journal in North Mississippi
JACKSON – Many Mississippians are looking forward to the opening of deer archery season on Oct. 1 for the Hill and Delta zones and Oct. 15 for the Southeast Zone. Longbows, recurves, compound bows and crossbows are all considered legal archery equipment and can be used during all seasons for deer. There is no minimum […]
AMORY – Incorporating the current events of racial tensions in Missouri and Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson’s child abuse charge for spanking his son into his formula for the state’s success, James Meredith, the first African American admitted to Ole Miss, implored the core of Mississippi’s existing problems Sept. 16 at the Amory Library. […]
SMITHVILLE – A public meeting was held at Smithville Town Hall Sept. 16 for Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley to hear evidence as to why a water rate increase is needed for the rural customers of the Smithville Water Department. The water system served an average of 389 customers since last October. Whereas current rates […]
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office arrested Rebecca Webb, 37, of Aberdeen on Sept. 26. Webb is charged with grand larceny. She is accused of stealing approximately $1,500 worth of coins and old money from a Monroe County resident. Bond has not been set. She is currently housed at Monroe County Detention Center.
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office arrested Dustin Pickle, 25, of Amory Sept. 27. Pickle is charged with possession of contraband in a correctional facility. Pickle is currently being housed at Monroe County Detention Center. Bond has not been set.
AMORY – Amory High School senior Weston Colbert was recently named one of 17 Northeast Mississippi students as a National Merit Semifinalist. As a junior, he took the Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test in October 2013. “I thought I did horrible on the practice and threw away the score sheet,” said Colbert. “I wasn’t […]
ABERDEEN – Even though District 1 Supervisor Doug Wiggins shared his displeasure on how the bidding process for the county’s insurance policy was handled for the upcoming year, previous shares of information resulted in big savings for the county. “I’m disappointed that quotes were shared with other companies. I think everyone should have an equal […]
AMORY – Before passing the mic to guest speaker Butch Thompson Wednesday night at First United Methodist Church, Bobby Tidwell talked up the Mississippi State baseball team’s pitching coach’s credibility in his craft. A bigger attribute that sticks out to Tidwell, however, is Thompson’s Christianity. “I’m not a preacher. I’m not a public speaker. I’m […]
- Aberdeen woman faces grand larceny charge September 29, 2014
- Amory wins home swimming meet September 27, 2014
- New doctor joins Amory Foot Specialists practice September 27, 2014
- Renasant Bank gives back to Smithville School September 27, 2014
- Aberdeen aldermen approve new fiscal year budget September 24, 2014
- Main event changed for Smithville Smackdown event September 30, 2014
- Smithville tops Hamilton in slugfest September 30, 2014
- October brings opening of squirrel, deer archery seasons September 30, 2014
- Meredith talks discipline, need for more outreach in local stop September 30, 2014
- Water rate increase meeting held in Smithville September 30, 2014
- Diva: Was she a home health worker? It is not clear as t...
- Jennifer: Amory is turning into another version of Aberdeen....
- caleb: I can trap beaver in Monroe ms trapperman201 4@yah...
- Belinda Sue Beckley: Dr.Neil Wanee was my Dr in Fishers, Indiana for 4 ...
- Doug Cuthbert: You are correct I am not registered to vote here. ...
- Main event changed for Smithville Smackdown event http://t.co/1dKp3B723i 1 hour ago
- October brings opening of squirrel, deer archery seasons http://t.co/fKOq29WRo8 10 hours ago
- Meredith talks discipline, need for more outreach in local stop http://t.co/vAiSwkySOh 13 hours ago
- Water rate increase meeting held in Smithville http://t.co/PC5DKgctC4 13 hours ago
- Aberdeen woman faces grand larceny charge http://t.co/gAAQCzIHnv 1 day ago