The Amory Police Department arrested James Matthew Long, 28, of Nettleton on the charges of grand larceny and burglary of a commercial building, according to a press release from the APD. Bond was set at $25,000 by Monroe County Justice Court Judge Adrian Haynes. As of Monday morning, Long was still being held at the […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
News from the Monroe County Journal in North Mississippi
AMORY – Optometrist Dr. Brenda Thornhill-Scaggs gave students in Marcia Moore’s Excel classes at East Amory Elementary School a first-hand lesson about vision April 15. “We had a survival unit and brought in how vision is important,” Moore said. “When you have someone come in and give the first-hand experience, the students learn so much […]
The South Monroe County Community Fund will accept grant applications from non-profit organizations until April 30. Previous recipients of the grants have been the Bukka White Blues Festival, the Aberdeen Animal Shelter and the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts through the Aberdeen Housing Authority. Grant applications may be picked up at the Monroe County Chamber […]
ABERDEEN – The Riverview Garden Club hosted its second annual luncheon during the Aberdeen Pilgrimage. Money raised through the fundraiser will go back to benefit projects across town. Some of the projects the garden club members have taken on include concrete patio tables in front of the blues mural, draperies at The Magnolias and monetary […]
ABERDEEN – For the April agenda of the Aberdeen School District, Conservator Mac Curlee approved the resignations for the 2015-2016 school year of Victoria Ashby, Dan Collins, James Garten and Leslie Gill, who are all teachers at Belle Elementary School. Curlee approved the termination of food service worker Tasha Eckford and approved Barbara Vasser as […]
ABERDEEN – Whether it’s the occasional motorcycle rider or the more seasoned one who likes to hear the rumble of an engine every day, First Presbyterian Church extends an open invitation to its first-ever Blessing of the Bikes service April 26 beginning at 10 a.m. Members of the Columbus chapter of the Christian Motorcycle Association […]
ABERDEEN – During April 13’s P16 Council meeting of the Aberdeen School District, a couple of attendees stated how the district is becoming a talking point across the state in a good way. “I think Aberdeen is well on the way of being the first success story of a conservatorship school that’s thriving. You look […]
The Amory Main Street touch-a-truck, previously scheduled for this Saturday in Frisco Park, will be rescheduled due to the threat of inclement weather. “We were hoping the forecast would change, but have decided to move it to another location and another day instead,” said Main Street Director Carol Knight. The future venue for the event […]
AMORY – At the Monroe County Board of Education meeting on April 14, board members gave first approval to a Monroe County School District Student-Athlete Code of Conduct. Final approval will be given at the May meeting. Parents, as well as the student-athlete will have to sign the code, indicating their understanding and accepting its […]
- Itawamba Choir, Chamber singers set April 27 concert April 21, 2015
- Nettleton edges away late against Hatley April 24, 2015
- Panthers sweep on division road trip April 24, 2015
- When the adrenaline runs out and the fever runs up April 25, 2015
- Conservator releases April agenda for ASD April 25, 2015
- Amory police arrest Nettleton man for grand larceny, burglary charges April 27, 2015
- Optometrist gives Excel students closer look at ocular components for classes’ vision unit April 27, 2015
- Deadline looms for SMCCF grant applications April 27, 2015
- Speaking of Mississippi’s Toughest Kids April 26, 2015
- Riverview Garden Club hosts luncheon during pilgrimage April 26, 2015
- Linda Brown Pearce: I so enjoyed the Railroal Festival! I only got to ...
- michelle harris: Thank you for this great article on our Craig Wayn...
- michelle harris: What a fantastic article about our Craig Wayne Boy...
- Ed Harden: Coach Pierce is the best man I have ever known. T...
- Laurenda: Hats Off to MCSD !!!! GLAD JUSTICE IS SERVED FOR O...