Devonta Lamar Fudge, 23, and Shaderick Devonte Hinton, 20, both of Aberdeen were charged with grand larceny by the Amory Police Department. Both individuals are out on a $3,000 bond set by Monroe County Justice Court Judge Adrian Haynes.
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
News from the Monroe County Journal in North Mississippi
AMORY –Sam Marshall, Meridian base manager for The University of Mississippi Emergency Transport and Helicopter Transport, was the guest speaker for the annual Merit Health Gilmore Memorial Hospital luncheon for emergency medical service workers May 16. Marshall shared with the group made up of fireman, policeman and emergency medical service workers the importance of the […]
For the Monroe Journal AMORY – While there are dozens of professional roles that touch patient care in a hospital, the most intimate and significant is nursing. Every person who has ever had a family member in an acute or critical care situation knows the difference made through the work of their loved one’s nurses. […]
AMORY – Pine trees are a common sight on the playground of East Amory Elementary School. While they provide shade for the students to play, they are also a potential hazard for limbs falling and hurting a student. Jolayne Parchman, the school’s nurse, recently applied for an Amory Fidelia Club Community Grant to cut down […]
ABERDEEN – Stopping short of asking those in attendance at the Keep Monroe County Beautiful luncheon May 18 to raise their hands if they’re younger than 40, emcee Sonny Clay made a good point of the lack of younger attendees. “Volunteerism is something that’s going away in our time. If you look back to 30 […]
For the Monroe Journal Life is a bucket of choices…some are easy, some not so much. But we all must make more seriously choices that will have a lifetime of consequences. Agreed? Well, that is what you are looking at when you make a decision on your Social Security benefit…basically a permanent decision. We are […]
AMORY – Glynda Gadow has been cooking since she was about 14 years old. Since her mom and dad owned a grocery store, she and her sister, Barbara, had to learn to cook. “We would cook supper and mother would come to the house, get the food on a tray and take it back to […]
For the Monroe Journal When was the last time you stopped to think about your mental health? For most of us, good mental health comes pretty far down the list of things to do. We typically think that only people with mental illnesses need to pay attention to their mental health. However, scientific research has […]
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office is seeking the whereabouts of Michael Hill, 25, of Nettleton. Anyone with any information should contact the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office at 369-2468.
- Leave the caps at home May 28, 2016
- Federal inmates moved following jail escape May 25, 2016
- MCSO seeks whereabouts of Nettleton man May 27, 2016
- Mental Health and you May 28, 2016
- Gadow shares some of family’s favorite recipes May 29, 2016
- Amory police make grand larceny arrests May 31, 2016
- Merit Health Gilmore hosts annual EMS luncheon May 31, 2016
- Merit Health Gilmore Memorial honors and recognizes nurses May 30, 2016
- East Amory Elementary School awarded a Fidelia Club grant May 30, 2016
- Keep Monroe County Beautiful luncheon honors volunteerism May 30, 2016
- Average Joe: Finally, an article that embodies the true spirit ...
- Mary C. Vandiver-Spann: Yes I also Thank you Alice. I agree in is also poo...
- Mike Flowers: Yes mam... Mr. Ortiz swung a paddle hard enough to...
- Frances: First of all Ms. Alice if you don't like what peo...
- Shirley Hester: Thank you Ms. Ortiz, very well said. that also app...