AMORY – At the Feb. 10 meeting of the Monroe County Board of Education, Super-intendent Scott Cantrell informed the board members that as a result of the Ameresco project, the district had energy savings of $83,000. The district contracted with Ameresco several years ago on a project that would ultimately save the district monies on […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
News from the Monroe County Journal in North Mississippi
HAMILTON – Junior Hamilton RB and track star Keshon Heard has an offer on the table from Mississippi State, his head coach Ray Weeks confirmed on Friday. Heard rushed for over 1,500 yards and had over 500 yards receiving for the Lions last season. He also won the 100-meter dash for Class 1A in 2014. […]
Faculty and staff of the Aberdeen School District will report at 9:45 a.m. Friday while students will report at 10 a.m.
AMORY – Approximately four months ago, First United Methodist Church formed a team of lay people from its congregation to begin praying and discerning how their church might begin to engage their community in ministry in a new way. “As pastor, I believe strongly that the local church serves as an extension of God’s […]
ABERDEEN – In what has become a trend with most board of supervisors meetings in the past weeks, discussion centered on the stalemate of the Matubby Creek bridge project on the fringe of Aberdeen. While the Aberdeen city officials have a utilities permit and an interlocal agreement in hand waiting to be signed and are […]
The Amory and Monroe County school districts have canceled classes for Friday. A decision regarding the Aberdeen School District will be made early in the morning.
Click on any photo to view photos from around the county
AMORY – Beginning immediately, the Amory Regional Museum will no longer be open on Sundays. Museum director Bo Miller approached the board of aldermen on Feb. 17 in regard to the one-day closing, stating that a staff shortage and scant attendance on Sundays were the reasons for the request. “I’m having trouble finding someone who […]
By CAROLYN PARSON /For the Monroe Journal ABERDEEN – In response to a citizen’s request for information regarding financial help for utility bills, Mayor Cecil Belle invited Liza Jones, family service coordinator of Lift, Inc., to come and explain the function and requirements of the organization for its Feb. 17 meeting. Lift, Inc. is a […]
- Amory inducts 35 students into National Technical Honor Society February 21, 2015
- Wintry precipitation arrives February 25, 2015
- Lady Lions come back over TCPS February 25, 2015
- Winter weather forces shut downs February 25, 2015
- Lady Tigers come from behind for playoff spot February 25, 2015
- Legislative Update: Week of Feb. 25, 2015 February 28, 2015
- School district saves energy through Ameresco project February 28, 2015
- Bulldogs, Lady Tigers win divison championships February 27, 2015
- Hamilton RB Heard offered by MSU February 27, 2015
- Aberdeen School District to have delayed start February 27, 2015
- Danny Majors: Did the course get purchased lately?...
- Janice Cain: Thanks for that article. I am Presbyterian and man...
- Diva: This lady along with an Amory native, Jo McDivitt,...
- chris: Please notify of related post to krystal and kyle ...
- monroeme: 5 alderman and one recused himself...where I went ...