AMORY – City Clerk Lee Barnett presented 968 certified petitions signed in favor of holding a referendum on whether or not to permit the sale of alcohol within the city to the mayor and board of aldermen. The number of petitions required to hold a referendum was 945, or 20 percent. On a motion made […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
News from the Monroe County Journal in North Mississippi
Monroe County Sheriff’s Office deputies arrested Dillon Wade Bennett, 25, of Aberdeen Aug. 19. Bennett had been at Monroe County Circuit Court on Aug. 14, 2014 when he escaped custody. Bennett was arrested earlier this afternoon at Lee County while he was attempting to board a bus to leave the state. MCSO deputies apprehended the subject […]
JACKSON – Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley Tuesday reached out to President Barack Obama, Mississippi’s Congressional Delegation and other Washington leaders in an attempt to block any federal government attempts to dispose of the nation’s nuclear waste on Mississippi soil. In a letter sent today, Presley shared copies of recent unanimously passed PSC Resolutions opposing […]
The Monroe County Chamber of Commerce will extend its helping hand to small businesses with a small business seminar series beginning Sept. 9. “Amory has become a boutique town and the question is how do you attract customers from outside Amory? How do you build a brand? If you had to pick four or five […]
For the Monroe Journal ABERDEEN – Friends of Evans Memorial Library will host the monthly booklunch, Aug. 22 at noon, at the library. Special guest will be local Aberdeen author, Jane Nickerson, who will talk about her recently published books. Nickerson was born in Idaho and grew up in California. She received her education from […]
For the Monroe Journal AMORY – Limited personal identification data belonging to some patients who were seen at Amory Physician Practice Management during the past five years was transferred out of the organization in a criminal cyber attack by a foreign-based intruder, according to a press release from Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center. The transferred […]
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office’s Narcotics Unit arrested David Cade Whitehead, 37, of Aberdeen on Aug. 7. The arrest was the result of a traffic stop on Coontail Road. Whitehead was in possession of approximately one pound of marijuana. Whitehead was charged with possession of marijuana. Bond was set at $5,000 and Whitehead later bonded […]
AMORY- Monroe County Sheriff’s Department Narcotics Unit arrested Jason Isbell, 31, of Amory. The arrest was the result of an ongoing investigation. Isbell is charged with Possession of Marijuana with Intent. Bond has not been set Isbell is currently being housed at Monroe County Detention Center.
AMORY – The log cabin at the Amory Regional Museum is in dire need of roofing and other repairs. Museum director Bo Miller is initiating a “Save the Cabin” campaign and is asking everyone to pitch in and help raise funds to make the repairs. “The cost for the repairs will be in excess of […]
- Amory Museum begins “Save the Cabin” campaign August 18, 2014
- MCSO arrests Aberdeen man on possession charge August 18, 2014
- City abandons alley way in neighborhood dispute August 15, 2014
- Mayor of Hatley passes away August 13, 2014
- Local schools see changes in lunch programs August 17, 2014
- City of Amory to vote on alcohol sales August 19, 2014
- Aberdeen man captured after escaping custody August 19, 2014
- Presley forwards anti-nuclear waste resolution to Washington leaders and Mississippi delegation August 19, 2014
- Chamber begins small business seminar series August 19, 2014
- Aberdeen author featured guest of August Booklunch August 19, 2014
- Frank James: How in the hell was he not charged with intent to ...
- Fred G Sanford: Get Greg Beason to sell some of the scrap junk he ...
- MeriemDZ: Fourteen years ago I walked up on the porch of the...
- Tired of Giving: What happened to all of the money from the sale of...
- Poster: How small town can you get? Did anyone really ex...
- City of Amory to vote on alcohol sales http://t.co/eWSfmLTKWy 1 hour ago
- Let’s Grow Amory petition drive had enough signatures to get the issue on the ballot. @cityofamoryMS 2 hours ago
- Alcohol vote set for Oct. 14 in Amory. 2 hours ago
- Aberdeen man captured after escaping custody http://t.co/OWlvVnrDug 6 hours ago
- Presley forwards anti-nuclear waste resolution to Washington leaders and Mississippi delegation http://t.co/WWbl9BzHe7 11 hours ago