The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation is issuing an Endangered/Missing Child Alert for 2-year-old Zane Alexander Walters and his 17-year-old mother Erica Leeanne Walters. They were last seen Friday, Sept. 19 at just before 6 p.m. at the Fast Trac gasoline station located at 1240 Highway 495 in Magee. Zane Walters is described as a white […]
About Ray Van DusenI've been with the Monroe Journal since Aug. 2009 as a staff writer, but took the role as news editor in late 2012. I'm always looking for interesting story ideas from around Monroe County. You can reach me via email at email@example.com.
Author Archive | Ray Van Dusen
Two of the most exciting activities in the fall are cheering on our favorite team and gardening. As temperatures begin to drop and rains become more frequent, some of us get excited about working in the garden again. Whether you are planting new shrubs and trees, replacing dead ones, or dividing existing plants, fall is […]
ABERDEEN – As part of the September agenda, Aberdeen School District Conservator Mac Curlee approved Ashley Craig as Aberdeen Elementary School speech language pathologist for the 201-2015 school year. Curlee also approved the resignations of Alex Williams as speech therapist and Debbie Dilworth as Belle Elementary School secretary. A transfer for Tameka Lewis from AES […]
ABERDEEN – The Daniel W. Bird American Legion Post 26 and Auxiliary Unit 26 will host its Third Annual Candle Light Ceremony in observation of National POW/MIA Recognition Day ceremony Sept. 19 at 8 p.m. The ceremony will include the POW/MIA table ceremony and guest speaker is District 20 Rep. Chris Brown. The ceremony will […]
BELDEN – Registration is under way at the Itawamba Community College Belden Center for a class in personal safety and defense for females of all ages. The class will meet from 6-9 p.m., Sept. 22 and 29, in room 511. With a focus on personal protection and safety, the class is ideal for those who […]
AMORY – First Friends will host its annual Friends Walk Saturday at Frisco Park with registration beginning at 8:30 a.m. for the 5K walk at 9:30 a.m. “We’re walking for a great cause, which is for the things we do to alleviate stress from families suffering with this disease,” said First Friends Respite Center Executive […]
ABERDEEN – Saturday, Sept. 13 marked the one-year anniversary for one turn in the Teresa Ewing case – the discovery of her body. One year later, authorities are still working on the case to uncover the next big turn – concrete evidence to support a conviction. “We’re looking for something more concrete. I know some […]
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office arrested David Glen Little, 35, of Nettleton Wednesday. Little is charged with sexual battery. Due to the sensitive nature of this crime, no further details will be given. Bond has not been set and Little is currently being housed at Monroe County Detention Center.
HATLEY –Bond was set for 70-year-old Frank Maxcy of Hatley Wednesday at $5,000 by Monroe County Justice Court Judge William Kevin Crook. Maxcy was charged with manufacturing of marijuana Tuesday after the Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics and the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office seized four large marijuana plants from behind his home on Tubb Road.
- High school life helps mold Marine’s military interest September 14, 2014
- Ewing investigation ongoing after one year anniversary September 18, 2014
- Friends Walk scheduled for Saturday September 18, 2014
- ICC offers personal safety, defense class for females September 18, 2014
- Panthers edge out Bulldogs in final minutes September 18, 2014
- Lady Noles top Amory in high-scoring affair at tourney September 20, 2014
- MBI issues endangered/missing child alert September 20, 2014
- Make the most of Fall planting September 20, 2014
- Infractions down for Amory School District September 20, 2014
- Conservator approves Aberdeen School District September agenda September 20, 2014
- Jennifer: Amory is turning into another version of Aberdeen....
- caleb: I can trap beaver in Monroe ms trapperman201 4@yah...
- Belinda Sue Beckley: Dr.Neil Wanee was my Dr in Fishers, Indiana for 4 ...
- Doug Cuthbert: You are correct I am not registered to vote here. ...
- weedeater: Great job for Amory's new mayor! Shoot down the ...
- MBI issues endangered/missing child alert http://t.co/GnwJC4Fll8 15 hours ago
- Make the most of Fall planting http://t.co/UxYbS4EhW9 18 hours ago
- Infractions down for Amory School District http://t.co/lIlyLk3sUZ 18 hours ago
- Conservator approves Aberdeen School District September agenda http://t.co/KytWzsFV7p 18 hours ago
- Monroe football scores: Week 5 http://t.co/dJ1kTObOJH 23 hours ago