ABERDEEN – Whether it’s the occasional motorcycle rider or the more seasoned one who likes to hear the rumble of an engine every day, First Presbyterian Church extends an open invitation to its first-ever Blessing of the Bikes service April 26 beginning at 10 a.m. Members of the Columbus chapter of the Christian Motorcycle Association […]
About Ray Van DusenI've been with the Monroe Journal since Aug. 2009 as a staff writer, but took the role as news editor in late 2012. I'm always looking for interesting story ideas from around Monroe County. You can reach me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Author Archive | Ray Van Dusen
ABERDEEN – During April 13’s P16 Council meeting of the Aberdeen School District, a couple of attendees stated how the district is becoming a talking point across the state in a good way. “I think Aberdeen is well on the way of being the first success story of a conservatorship school that’s thriving. You look […]
The Amory Main Street touch-a-truck, previously scheduled for this Saturday in Frisco Park, will be rescheduled due to the threat of inclement weather. “We were hoping the forecast would change, but have decided to move it to another location and another day instead,” said Main Street Director Carol Knight. The future venue for the event […]
For the Monroe Journal Incoming freshmen at Itawamba Community College may register online for this summer’s orientation sessions beginning May 1, according to Larry Boggs, director of student recruitment and orientation. Both morning (8-11:45 a.m.) and afternoon (1-4:45 p.m.) sessions are scheduled for June 8, 9 and 10 and July 13 and 14 at the […]
On 4/20/15, Samantha Molly Caduff, 27, from New Site, MS, was arrested and charged with felony possession of ICE. Caduff is being held at the Monroe County Detention Center where she is waiting to be arraigned before a Monroe County Justice Court Judge.
For the Monroe Journal CenterStage, Itawamba Community College’s pop show group, will perform its spring concert at 6:30 p.m., April 23, in the W.O. Benjamin Fine Arts Center auditorium at the Fulton Campus. Admission is $5. Selections include “Right Now,” “Come Sail Away,” “September,” “Dance with Me Tonight” and “Unwritten.” Members of CenterStage include vocalists, […]
For the Monroe Journal FULTON – Itawamba Community College’s Choir and Chamber Singers will perform in concert at 6:30 p.m., Apr. 27, in the W.O. Benjamin Fine Arts Center auditorium at the Fulton Campus. Among the selections are “Joshua Fit the Battle of Jericho,” “Lamentations of Jeremiah,” “Jubilate Deo” and “Free Ride.” Admission is free […]
Kailen Anthony Tate, 19, of Smithville was arrested April 20 by the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office and charged with statutory rape. Bond was set at $5,000 by Monroe County Justice Court Judge Robert Fowlkes. As of Monday, Tate was still in custody.
Bond was set in Monroe County Justice Court for individuals connected to the discovery of an alleged chop shop last week near the Lee/Monroe County line. Jimmy Patrick Johns, 30, of Aberdeen was arrested by the MCSO April 16 and charged with two counts of motor vehicle felony taking. Bond was set at $50,000 by […]
- One day you’ll want to be a know-it-all so learn as much of it now April 18, 2015
- CodeRED, preparedness plan tips for tornado season April 22, 2015
- Amory schools report improved finances, promising ACT scores April 23, 2015
- School district to implement athletic code of conduct April 23, 2015
- Touch-A-Truck event to be rescheduled April 23, 2015
- Panthers sweep on division road trip April 24, 2015
- Nettleton edges away late against Hatley April 24, 2015
- Lady Lions get aggressive to pound Lady Indians April 24, 2015
- Blessing of the Bikes reaches out to cyclists, novice and hardcore April 24, 2015
- Positive talk recurring theme for P16 Council meeting April 24, 2015
- Linda Brown Pearce: I so enjoyed the Railroal Festival! I only got to ...
- michelle harris: Thank you for this great article on our Craig Wayn...
- michelle harris: What a fantastic article about our Craig Wayne Boy...
- Ed Harden: Coach Pierce is the best man I have ever known. T...
- Laurenda: Hats Off to MCSD !!!! GLAD JUSTICE IS SERVED FOR O...