Devonta Lamar Fudge, 23, and Shaderick Devonte Hinton, 20, both of Aberdeen were charged with grand larceny by the Amory Police Department. Both individuals are out on a $3,000 bond set by Monroe County Justice Court Judge Adrian Haynes.
About Ray Van DusenI've been with the Monroe Journal since Aug. 2009 as a staff writer, but took the role as news editor in late 2012. I'm always looking for interesting story ideas from around Monroe County. You can reach me via email at email@example.com.
Author Archive | Ray Van Dusen
For the Monroe Journal AMORY – While there are dozens of professional roles that touch patient care in a hospital, the most intimate and significant is nursing. Every person who has ever had a family member in an acute or critical care situation knows the difference made through the work of their loved one’s nurses. […]
ABERDEEN – Stopping short of asking those in attendance at the Keep Monroe County Beautiful luncheon May 18 to raise their hands if they’re younger than 40, emcee Sonny Clay made a good point of the lack of younger attendees. “Volunteerism is something that’s going away in our time. If you look back to 30 […]
For the Monroe Journal Life is a bucket of choices…some are easy, some not so much. But we all must make more seriously choices that will have a lifetime of consequences. Agreed? Well, that is what you are looking at when you make a decision on your Social Security benefit…basically a permanent decision. We are […]
For the Monroe Journal When was the last time you stopped to think about your mental health? For most of us, good mental health comes pretty far down the list of things to do. We typically think that only people with mental illnesses need to pay attention to their mental health. However, scientific research has […]
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office is seeking the whereabouts of Michael Hill, 25, of Nettleton. Anyone with any information should contact the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office at 369-2468.
Two people are currently being held at the Monroe County Detention Center in connected to the theft of all-terrain vehicles in Itawamba and Monroe counties, according to Sheriff Cecil Cantrell. “People have been stealing four-wheelers and larger ATVs in Itawamba County and coming down here to try to sell them and stealing them from here […]
ABERDEEN – What began with six applicants to act as the consultant firm for the Monroe County Airport has been narrowed down to three candidates presented to the board of supervisors May 18. “I want to be in the mode of learning, especially in the flight industry. From the airport’s standpoint, there were things we […]
By CAROLYN PARSON/For the Monroe Journal ABERDEEN – Presidents of the Aberdeen School District’s parent teacher organization presented inspirational updates on their experiences and progress while issuing a passionate plea for more parental involvement at a parent forum May 10 at Aberdeen High School. Kebby Hardin, president of the high school chapter, opened by stating the […]
- Leave the caps at home May 28, 2016
- Federal inmates moved following jail escape May 25, 2016
- MCSO seeks whereabouts of Nettleton man May 27, 2016
- Mental Health and you May 28, 2016
- Gadow shares some of family’s favorite recipes May 29, 2016
- Amory police make grand larceny arrests May 31, 2016
- Merit Health Gilmore hosts annual EMS luncheon May 31, 2016
- Merit Health Gilmore Memorial honors and recognizes nurses May 30, 2016
- East Amory Elementary School awarded a Fidelia Club grant May 30, 2016
- Keep Monroe County Beautiful luncheon honors volunteerism May 30, 2016
- Average Joe: Finally, an article that embodies the true spirit ...
- Mary C. Vandiver-Spann: Yes I also Thank you Alice. I agree in is also poo...
- Mike Flowers: Yes mam... Mr. Ortiz swung a paddle hard enough to...
- Frances: First of all Ms. Alice if you don't like what peo...
- Shirley Hester: Thank you Ms. Ortiz, very well said. that also app...