The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office’s Narcotics Unit arrested Jerrie Kay Pardubshy, 38, of Amory and Kristopher Lane Yoakum 36, of Columbus. Both subjects are charged with possession of methamphetamine. The subjects were arrested by deputies at a residence on Old Golf Course Road. Bond has not been set, and both subjects are currently being house […]
About Ray Van DusenI've been with the Monroe Journal since Aug. 2009 as a staff writer, but took the role as news editor in late 2012. I'm always looking for interesting story ideas from around Monroe County. You can reach me via email at email@example.com.
Author Archive | Ray Van Dusen
By Riley Manning/Daily Journal As rumblings emerge of Sen. Marco Rubio making moves toward a run at the presidency, there’s a Northeast Mississippi face on the senator’s campaign team. Amory native Anna Rogers, finance director for American Crossroads, will spearhead the fundraising efforts for Rubio’s run. The 2004 Amory high grad said the job is […]
By Mary Kitchens/Director of Mississippi’s Toughest Kids My mother collected bells. She not only collected bells, but she collected information about bells; we have scrapbooks. It’s really a very interesting hobby. One of my grandson’s, James, is sick right now, and his mother, Suzy, gave him a bell to ring when he needed something. He […]
For the Monroe Journal TUPELO — The North Mississippi Medical Center Hospice Program is seeking volunteers to visit patients and families in their homes. The NMMC Hospice Program will offer a training workshop from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. on March 5, at the NMMC Hospice Office, 422-A East President St. in Tupelo. A light lunch will […]
By District 20 Rep. Chris Brown This week, we turned our focus toward budget matters, with both the Appropriations and Ways and Means committees very active. The Appropriations committee deals with spending the state’s money and is charged with designing the Fiscal Year (FY) 2016 state budget, which begins July 1. The Ways and Means […]
Faculty and staff of the Aberdeen School District will report at 9:45 a.m. Friday while students will report at 10 a.m.
ABERDEEN – In what has become a trend with most board of supervisors meetings in the past weeks, discussion centered on the stalemate of the Matubby Creek bridge project on the fringe of Aberdeen. While the Aberdeen city officials have a utilities permit and an interlocal agreement in hand waiting to be signed and are […]
The Amory and Monroe County school districts have canceled classes for Friday. A decision regarding the Aberdeen School District will be made early in the morning.
By CAROLYN PARSON /For the Monroe Journal ABERDEEN – In response to a citizen’s request for information regarding financial help for utility bills, Mayor Cecil Belle invited Liza Jones, family service coordinator of Lift, Inc., to come and explain the function and requirements of the organization for its Feb. 17 meeting. Lift, Inc. is a […]
- Gilmore Memorial to host wellness luncheon and fashion show February 24, 2015
- Lady Lions battle Coffeeville to the wire in semifinals matchup February 26, 2015
- Weather closings for Friday February 26, 2015
- Saga continues regarding bridge project in Aberdeen February 27, 2015
- First Methodist Church planning mission revitalization and outreach February 27, 2015
- MCSO arrests two on meth possession charges March 2, 2015
- Amory native finds success in politics March 2, 2015
- Schools in need of an All-Work-No-Players Cure March 2, 2015
- Getting to know Mississippi’s Toughest Kids March 1, 2015
- Aberdeen scouts share recipes using Girl Scout cookies March 1, 2015
- Danny Majors: Did the course get purchased lately?...
- Janice Cain: Thanks for that article. I am Presbyterian and man...
- Diva: This lady along with an Amory native, Jo McDivitt,...
- chris: Please notify of related post to krystal and kyle ...
- monroeme: 5 alderman and one recused himself...where I went ...