The Monroe County Sheriff’s Department Narcotics Unit, with the assistance of the U.S. Marshals, arrested Nancy Loraine Brown, 38, of Greenwood Springs Jan. 28. Brown was arrested at a residence on Sipsey Trail Road. A capias warrant was issued for Brown in July 2014 for the sale of methamphetamine. Brown is currently housed at Monroe […]
About Ray Van DusenI've been with the Monroe Journal since Aug. 2009 as a staff writer, but took the role as news editor in late 2012. I'm always looking for interesting story ideas from around Monroe County. You can reach me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Author Archive | Ray Van Dusen
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office’s Narcotics Unit, with the assistance of the U.S. Marshall’s Task Force, Lamar County, Alabama Sheriff’s Office, Vernon, Alabama Police Department and the Mississippi Department of Corrections arrested 39-year-old Jonathan Wade Cole of Hamilton. Cole was wanted in connection with a meth lab that was discovered by the Monroe County Sheriff’s […]
According to Monroe County Sheriff’s Office Public Relations Officer Tanya Willems, bond was set Jan. 27 for Nathan Blake Phillips, 28, of Amory for breaking and entering of a dwelling by Monroe County Justice Court Judge Robert at $5,000. Phillips was arrested Jan. 27 by the sheriff’s office for allegedly breaking into a residence on […]
ABERDEEN – As part of its five-city tour, “Ozland,” the first full-length feature from West Point filmmaker Michael Williams, will debut at the Elkin Theatre Saturday, Jan. 31. The tour also included stops in Tupelo and Memphis and will have upcoming screenings in Huntsville, Alabama and Madison. “I grew up in West Point and went […]
ABERDEEN – The board of aldermen signed a contract Jan. 20 allowing for more national television exposure. The National Geographic Channel series “Diggers” will film an episode at the city-owned Gulf Ordnance Plant in Prairie. “They’re excited to do a war story featuring awesome women,” said City Clerk Jackie Benson after the meeting. The film […]
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office arrested Nathan Blake Phillips, 28, of Amory Jan. 27. Phillips is charged with breaking and entering of a dwelling. According to MCSO Investigator Brandon Davis, Phillips is accused of breaking into a residence on Chapman Road early Tuesday morning. A television and digital camera were stolen from the residence, but […]
AMORY – Amory Police Department officers responded to Amory High School at approximately 11:49 a.m. for an altercation Tuesday. According to Lt. Andy Long of the APD, officers attempted to detain a juvenile for the safety of the juvenile and bystanders. The juvenile began to fight officers. The officers were able to then detain the […]
For the Monroe Journal AMORY – Adrian Moffett and William Oliver Miller, both of Amory, recently served as pages for the Mississippi Senate. Pages generally run errands for officials and Senate staff. “From watching firsthand the Senate and the House debate to meeting and greeting our elected officials, no one could ask for a better […]
The Monroe County Sheriff Department Narcotics Unit arrested Samantha Jane Davis Ferraro, 35, of Hamilton Jan. 23. The arrest stemmed from an ongoing investigation of a meth lab at a residence on McDuffie Cemetary Road. Ferraro is charged with possession of two or more precursors with intent to manufacture. The narcotics unit is also requesting […]
- Man accused of killing dog with bow and arrow arrested January 23, 2015
- Wounded warriors build on family time through nonprofit January 26, 2015
- Hamilton woman charged with possession of precursors January 26, 2015
- Taking measures to save energy January 27, 2015
- Moffett, Miller serve as Mississippi Senate pages January 27, 2015
- Lady Tigers end two-season division drought January 28, 2015
- MCSO, U.S. Marshals make meth arrest January 28, 2015
- Wanted subject apprehended in meth lab case January 28, 2015
- Bond set for subject arrested in B&E case January 28, 2015
- Independent movie makes local stop on film tour January 28, 2015
- Michael Hontz: An eye for an eye leaves the world blind....
- Michael Hontz: He's not been convicted yet and you people have h...
- Barbara: I wonder what ever prompts a human being to be so ...
- Chris Madden: Its is ridiculous that the punishment for murderin...
- Trent: When are states going to do the right thing and ge...