John Christopher Lopez, 33, of Amory, was arrested for burglary – breaking and entering of a dwelling and grand larceny. Bond was set by Monroe County Justice Court Judge Robert Fowlkes at $75,000.
About Hope Cross
Author Archive | Hope Cross
Bond was set at $50,000 by Monroe County Justice Court Judge Kevin Crook for 19-year-old Manasseh Juanyai Freeman of Houston. Freeman was arrested by the Amory Police Department March 31 for firing into an apartment unit at Moore Manor. There were no injuries reported in the case.
GREENWOOD SPRINGS – On 03/18/2015 Monroe County Sheriff Department arrested Brenda Michelle Pool, 34, of Greenwood Springs. Deputies responded yesterday to a call on Patterson Road where a motorist stated Pool was standing in the roadway, when the motorist slowly went to drive around Pool, Pool opened the passenger side door of the vehicle. Pool then allegedly […]
ABERDEEN – Monroe County Sheriff Department deputies arrested Bao Hoang Tran 37, of Ft. Worth, Texas March 8 on Highway 278 East for traveling in speeds in excess of 100 miles per hour, according to Sheriff Cecil Cantrell. After he was detained at the Monroe County Detention Center, Tran assaulted two jailers. According to Cantrell, one […]
ATHENS – A family escaped injury Wednesday morning after a car versus train versus collision on Athens-Quincy Road. According to Monroe County Sheriff’s Office Public Relations Officer Tanya Willems, deputies received the report at 9:53 a.m. that a car had been struck by a train at the railroad crossing. The car was driven by Lorie […]
AMORY- Due to inclement weather, our office will be closed today. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please do not travel unless absolutely necessary. We will reopen at 8 am on Friday.
AMORY- Due to the threat of inclement weather, the Gilmore Ladies Luncheon scheduled for Thursday has been for next Tuesday, March 10. RiverBirch Place at 12noon-same speaker, ect. Thank you for understanding, safety is our main concern! You are cordially invited to join Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center “Look Good, Feel Good” Spring Wellness Luncheon […]
HAMILTON – Junior Hamilton RB and track star Keshon Heard has an offer on the table from Mississippi State, his head coach Ray Weeks confirmed on Friday. Heard rushed for over 1,500 yards and had over 500 yards receiving for the Lions last season. He also won the 100-meter dash for Class 1A in 2014. […]
Click on any photo to view photos from around the county
- Hoops for Hope offers basketball and fellowship May 21, 2015
- Extreme Makeover: Post Office Edition May 25, 2015
- Amory dealt with blow of storm May 25, 2015
- Monroe County School Board approves personnel changes for next school year May 26, 2015
- Storms leave their mark on Monroe County May 27, 2015
- Aldermen move gives leverage to cut down on merchandise on Main Street sidewalks May 28, 2015
- MC towns rank high on website’s best towns to raise a family list May 28, 2015
- Aberdeen awarded $335K MDOT sidewalk improvement grant May 28, 2015
- New group gives women a common ground to ‘exhale’ May 28, 2015
- The criminal class versus law enforcement May 28, 2015
- Johndoe: Does Glen Bingham even live in AMory....I thought ...
- John Doe: Does glen Bingham even live in the city limits of ...
- Herschell Pargo: I want to commend you for your work on General you...
- Linda Brown Pearce: I so enjoyed the Railroal Festival! I only got to ...
- michelle harris: Thank you for this great article on our Craig Wayn...