GREENWOOD SPRINGS – On 03/18/2015 Monroe County Sheriff Department arrested Brenda Michelle Pool, 34, of Greenwood Springs. Deputies responded yesterday to a call on Patterson Road where a motorist stated Pool was standing in the roadway, when the motorist slowly went to drive around Pool, Pool opened the passenger side door of the vehicle. Pool then allegedly […]
About Hope Cross
Author Archive | Hope Cross
ABERDEEN – Monroe County Sheriff Department deputies arrested Bao Hoang Tran 37, of Ft. Worth, Texas March 8 on Highway 278 East for traveling in speeds in excess of 100 miles per hour, according to Sheriff Cecil Cantrell. After he was detained at the Monroe County Detention Center, Tran assaulted two jailers. According to Cantrell, one […]
ATHENS – A family escaped injury Wednesday morning after a car versus train versus collision on Athens-Quincy Road. According to Monroe County Sheriff’s Office Public Relations Officer Tanya Willems, deputies received the report at 9:53 a.m. that a car had been struck by a train at the railroad crossing. The car was driven by Lorie […]
AMORY- Due to inclement weather, our office will be closed today. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please do not travel unless absolutely necessary. We will reopen at 8 am on Friday.
AMORY- Due to the threat of inclement weather, the Gilmore Ladies Luncheon scheduled for Thursday has been for next Tuesday, March 10. RiverBirch Place at 12noon-same speaker, ect. Thank you for understanding, safety is our main concern! You are cordially invited to join Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center “Look Good, Feel Good” Spring Wellness Luncheon […]
HAMILTON – Junior Hamilton RB and track star Keshon Heard has an offer on the table from Mississippi State, his head coach Ray Weeks confirmed on Friday. Heard rushed for over 1,500 yards and had over 500 yards receiving for the Lions last season. He also won the 100-meter dash for Class 1A in 2014. […]
Click on any photo to view photos from around the county
HAMILTON- The Monroe County Sheriff Department arrested May Yousef Mere,36, of Hamilton on Monday. Mere is charged with Embezzlement. She is accused of embezzling approximately $9600.00 from a business in Hamilton. She is currently being housed at Monroe County Detention Center. Bond has not been set at this time.
ABERDEEN- Monroe County Narcotics Unit arrested Nathan Tyler Noe ,23, of Amory and Larry Joseph Wiggins, Jr. 40, of Amory on Thursday. Noe is charged with Possession of Ice and Wiggins is charged with Possession of Marijuana with Intent. The arrest stemmed from a traffic stop on Dalrymple Drive in Amory. Both subjects are currently […]
- Purchase, name change tee up River Birch for big changes March 25, 2015
- Rewind, record and replay; it’s all priceless to hang onto for awhile March 23, 2015
- Bond set for two subjects charged with ICE possession March 26, 2015
- Lady Lions stunned by tough pitching matchup March 26, 2015
- Juvenile crimes remain hot topic of board discussion March 27, 2015
- Seminoles’ bulldog relishes opportunity March 29, 2015
- Aberdeen High School celebrates boys basketball team for successful season March 29, 2015
- Hatley second grader loves to cook March 29, 2015
- Smithville woman has new hybrid treatment for A-fib March 29, 2015
- Noles slammed late by Tigers March 28, 2015
- steve stanford: a military discount would be nice. my son-in-law ...
- carrollwhite: Sad to hear about our deputies, prayers for the 2 ...
- Truth seeker: the real story here is this woman Tried to beat th...
- Jeremy: Alice, You appear to be making two different ar...
- Ken W Holmes: Alice, the first time the ploy of "revenues going...