Bikers Follow the Underground Railroad Route to Canada
Mary and Bob Coffey, along with Sam Haller, came through Amory last week on an Underground Railroad Bike Tour stretching from Mobile, Ala. to Canada. This is not the first cross-country trip for the adventurers who are doing the tour through Adventure Cycling, a non-profit group.
“We do get on some difficult roads, but we like to ride and stay fit,” said Mary who, along with husband Bob, is about to turn 70.
The crew professed an enjoyment of meeting new people and getting an impression of the states as some of the reasons trips like this are so enjoyable.
- Local group of bikers participates in annual toy run ride
- Cleaning out the notebook of pieces, parts
- Pilgrimage’s 41st year proves to be a banner year
- Antebellum scenes, hospitality abound for pilgrimage
- CHANGE now a special project of CREATE Foundation
- Upcoming launch of nonprofit aims at changing cycle of poverty
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Emily Tubb
- Smithville fourth-graders help children’s hospitals May 20, 2016
- Early learning collaborative seeking grant-match funding May 25, 2016
- Amory Police Department warns of tax scam May 25, 2016
- Hatley’s Stark aims for more aggressiveness in Lady Tigers May 25, 2016
- Amory Humane Society holding volunteer days May 26, 2016
- MCSO seeks whereabouts of Nettleton man May 27, 2016
- Arrests made in connection to ATV thefts May 27, 2016
- Supervisors table selection of airport consulting firm May 27, 2016
- Aberdeen PTO presidents host parent forum May 27, 2016
- Communities honoring those passed with Memorial Day ceremonies May 27, 2016
- Cindy Wilkerson: Thank you to the mayor and to the board of alderme...
- Ellen Redding-Jordan: May she rest in Peace, I meet her and her husband ...
- Gregv Worthey: I couldn't possibly disagree more!! While admitti...
- Jeanette Sudduth: She was a sweet person I got a chance to video her...
- S. Robbins: Every Mayor that's serious about having a good fa...