Bikers Follow the Underground Railroad Route to Canada
Mary and Bob Coffey, along with Sam Haller, came through Amory last week on an Underground Railroad Bike Tour stretching from Mobile, Ala. to Canada. This is not the first cross-country trip for the adventurers who are doing the tour through Adventure Cycling, a non-profit group.
“We do get on some difficult roads, but we like to ride and stay fit,” said Mary who, along with husband Bob, is about to turn 70.
The crew professed an enjoyment of meeting new people and getting an impression of the states as some of the reasons trips like this are so enjoyable.
- Local group of bikers participates in annual toy run ride
- Cleaning out the notebook of pieces, parts
- Antebellum scenes, hospitality abound for pilgrimage
- Upcoming launch of nonprofit aims at changing cycle of poverty
- CHANGE now a special project of CREATE Foundation
- RAFCO supplies for mobile homes and more
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Emily Tubb
- Complaint filed in U.S. District Court against former MCSO deputy February 3, 2016
- If it weren’t for second chances, we’d all be alone February 3, 2016
- East Amory students learn about Kuwait culture February 8, 2016
- Health Science students administer health screenings to preschoolers February 8, 2016
- Aberdeen School District designated as lone state participant in pilot program February 8, 2016
- Aberdeen aldermen discuss potential revitalization project February 10, 2016
- Qualifying ends for Aberdeen elections February 10, 2016
- Harmon makes it into Idol’s Top 24 February 10, 2016
- Ray reappointed to Amory School Board February 10, 2016
- Free tree seedlings available for Mississippi Arbor Day February 10, 2016
- Diva: Thank God I won't be called for jury duty on this...
- carrollwhite: Come to Aberdeen on our street you can smell it al...
- Kim Stringfield: There have been a lot of huskies come up missing i...
- Laurenda Provias Richardson: Very well written Ray !!! All the memories ... All...
- shanette: Good for MCSO! I hope this case will bring much ne...