Smithville students expected to start new school year on old campus
SMITHVILLE – When the Smithville Schools start to school in August for the 2013-2014 school year, student, teachers and staff should be back on their regular campus.
Work has begun on the band hall/music room while ground has been broken for the new dome gymnasium. Several weeks of bad weather have hampered the start of construction on the dome.
By summer, the new elementary school should be almost completed.
According to Monroe County Superintendent of Education Scott Cantrell, everything is on schedule for the Smithville Schools to be moved back on the regular campus when school starts in August.
“The high school work is complete, other than a few minor renovations such as doors and bathroom tile. It has a new roof, new HVAC, new floor, ceiling tile, new paint, and classroom curtains. This building, along with the other four buildings, only required renovation, not demolition and rebuilding,” Cantrell said.
Century Construction is the lead contractor on the project.
- East Amory Elementary School Reading Fair a hit
- Gov. Bryant, First Lady present FEMA check to Smithville Schools
- Smithville students will return to new school on old campus
- Hamilton elementary students learn to Reject All Tobacco
- Wintry precipitation arrives
- Smithville School hosts first event in dome gym
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Alice Ortiz
- Complaint filed in U.S. District Court against former MCSO deputy February 3, 2016
- Retired educator takes pleasure in cooking for others January 31, 2016
- Beta Sigma Phi hosts Daddy/Daughter Dance February 4, 2016
- Amory Main Street welcomes its new director February 4, 2016
- Supervisors talk future of section of Highway 25 February 4, 2016
- Six ways to talk about money with your family February 7, 2016
- Panthers get long-awaited hoops win February 6, 2016
- If not the truth, the conspiracy theories are out there February 6, 2016
- Tigers hold off Bulldogs, gain ground in division February 5, 2016
- Noles run out of firepower against Wildcats February 5, 2016
- Diva: Thank God I won't be called for jury duty on this...
- carrollwhite: Come to Aberdeen on our street you can smell it al...
- Kim Stringfield: There have been a lot of huskies come up missing i...
- Laurenda Provias Richardson: Very well written Ray !!! All the memories ... All...
- shanette: Good for MCSO! I hope this case will bring much ne...