Farm Service Agency accepting SURE applications
The Monroe County Farm Service Agency will accept SURE applications for 2011 crop losses through June 7, 2013.
The Supplemental Revenue Assistance Program (SURE) provides payments to producers when crop revenues are below the crop guarantee. The SURE payment is equal to 60 percent of the difference between the crop guarantee and revenue.
All crops on all farms of a producer are included in the calculation to determine the guarantee and revenue under SURE. SURE payments are limited to $100,000.
To be eligible for the 2011 SURE program, a producer must have at least one crop with a 10 percent production loss. In addition, the producer must have crop insurance on all insurable crops.
For crops not covered by crop insurance, such as pumpkins and cucumbers, the producer must have purchased coverage under FSA’s Non Insured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP).
For more information concerning 2011 SURE, contact the FSA office or visit the FSA website at www.fsa.usda.gov under Disaster Assistance Programs.
- Farm Service Agency releases crop information
- Designation of Monroe County to receive FSA disaster loan applications
- County’s forestry association hosts tree workshop
- Monroe County farmers eligible for FSA disaster loans applications
- Presley hosts utility savings program Monday
- Haney family balances businesses in Amory and Wren
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Ray Van DusenI've been with the Monroe Journal since Aug. 2009 as a staff writer, but took the role as news editor in late 2012. I'm always looking for interesting story ideas from around Monroe County. You can reach me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Amory School Board approves Waverly field trip for Excel class April 26, 2016
- An open letter to the media from one of your own April 29, 2016
- Business owner approaches Amory aldermen about zoning April 29, 2016
- Lions roar through opening round of baseball playoffs April 29, 2016
- Monroe County Sheriff’s Office makes controlled substance arrests April 29, 2016
- Dancy named a national Wendy’s Student Heisman Award recipient May 3, 2016
- Survey shows changing perception of Aberdeen School District May 3, 2016
- Presley holds town hall meeting for citizens to voice concerns May 3, 2016
- East Amory students display talents through poster competition May 3, 2016
- SYTYCD show finalist and actor brother teach classes at AIM May 2, 2016
- Laurenda Richardson: Thank You Ray !!!! Very good article!!!...
- Shanette Loan: There was a time in my life that I waited for the ...
- Bessie: This is a blessing! I worked with Lori many years ...
- Deb Webb: Hey Trent- I loved your voice from the beginnin...
- Demetrice Herron: That is awesome... May god bless the both of you!!...