Farm Service Agency accepting SURE applications
The Monroe County Farm Service Agency will accept SURE applications for 2011 crop losses through June 7, 2013.
The Supplemental Revenue Assistance Program (SURE) provides payments to producers when crop revenues are below the crop guarantee. The SURE payment is equal to 60 percent of the difference between the crop guarantee and revenue.
All crops on all farms of a producer are included in the calculation to determine the guarantee and revenue under SURE. SURE payments are limited to $100,000.
To be eligible for the 2011 SURE program, a producer must have at least one crop with a 10 percent production loss. In addition, the producer must have crop insurance on all insurable crops.
For crops not covered by crop insurance, such as pumpkins and cucumbers, the producer must have purchased coverage under FSA’s Non Insured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP).
For more information concerning 2011 SURE, contact the FSA office or visit the FSA website at www.fsa.usda.gov under Disaster Assistance Programs.
- Farm Service Agency releases crop information
- Designation of Monroe County to receive FSA disaster loan applications
- County’s forestry association hosts tree workshop
- Monroe County farmers eligible for FSA disaster loans applications
- Presley hosts utility savings program Monday
- Haney family balances businesses in Amory and Wren
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Ray Van DusenI've been with the Monroe Journal since Aug. 2009 as a staff writer, but took the role as news editor in late 2012. I'm always looking for interesting story ideas from around Monroe County. You can reach me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complaint filed in U.S. District Court against former MCSO deputy February 3, 2016
- Art and music abound for A Night of Cultural Arts February 5, 2016
- Noles run out of firepower against Wildcats February 5, 2016
- Tigers hold off Bulldogs, gain ground in division February 5, 2016
- If not the truth, the conspiracy theories are out there February 6, 2016
- Aberdeen Retirement Alliance earns prestigious AARC Seal of Approval February 9, 2016
- Shelters and rescue groups strive to reconnect lost pets to owners February 9, 2016
- Democratic executive committee caucuses scheduled for Feb. 13 February 9, 2016
- Amory Community Garden meeting scheduled February 8, 2016
- Amory police, MCSO make meth arrest February 8, 2016
- Diva: Thank God I won't be called for jury duty on this...
- carrollwhite: Come to Aberdeen on our street you can smell it al...
- Kim Stringfield: There have been a lot of huskies come up missing i...
- Laurenda Provias Richardson: Very well written Ray !!! All the memories ... All...
- shanette: Good for MCSO! I hope this case will bring much ne...