Farm Service Agency accepting SURE applications
The Monroe County Farm Service Agency will accept SURE applications for 2011 crop losses through June 7, 2013.
The Supplemental Revenue Assistance Program (SURE) provides payments to producers when crop revenues are below the crop guarantee. The SURE payment is equal to 60 percent of the difference between the crop guarantee and revenue.
All crops on all farms of a producer are included in the calculation to determine the guarantee and revenue under SURE. SURE payments are limited to $100,000.
To be eligible for the 2011 SURE program, a producer must have at least one crop with a 10 percent production loss. In addition, the producer must have crop insurance on all insurable crops.
For crops not covered by crop insurance, such as pumpkins and cucumbers, the producer must have purchased coverage under FSA’s Non Insured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP).
For more information concerning 2011 SURE, contact the FSA office or visit the FSA website at www.fsa.usda.gov under Disaster Assistance Programs.
- Farm Service Agency releases crop information
- Designation of Monroe County to receive FSA disaster loan applications
- County’s forestry association hosts tree workshop
- Monroe County farmers eligible for FSA disaster loans applications
- Presley hosts utility savings program Monday
- Haney family balances businesses in Amory and Wren
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Ray Van DusenI've been with the Monroe Journal since Aug. 2009 as a staff writer, but took the role as news editor in late 2012. I'm always looking for interesting story ideas from around Monroe County. You can reach me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Booklunch guest taking a look at noteable FBI agent May 17, 2016
- Solid waste department has changing of the guard May 20, 2016
- Amory School Board approves three-mill for repair needs May 20, 2016
- Do you know what mental illness feels like? May 21, 2016
- Social Security Knowledge Center: Voluntary suspension of benefits May 21, 2016
- Glenn approved as new Amory football coach May 24, 2016
- CREATE Foundation subcommittee hosting State of the Region meeting May 24, 2016
- Sponsorship opportunities available for Interactive Career Expo May 24, 2016
- Amory police make grand larceny arrest, two others sought May 23, 2016
- Conservator approves delayed start dates for upcoming school year May 23, 2016
- Cindy Wilkerson: Thank you to the mayor and to the board of alderme...
- Ellen Redding-Jordan: May she rest in Peace, I meet her and her husband ...
- Gregv Worthey: I couldn't possibly disagree more!! While admitti...
- Jeanette Sudduth: She was a sweet person I got a chance to video her...
- S. Robbins: Every Mayor that's serious about having a good fa...