AMORY – In a barnburner last Tuesday night, the Amory Lady Panthers edged out Nettleton 51-47 courtesy of key free throws late. “This was a huge win for us. Our seniors stepped up and played big tonight,” Amory coach Paula Wax said. “Miracle (Jones) stepped up and made some big free throws for us at […]
By Rob Williams For the Monroe Journal HATLEY – The Hatley Tigers scored 72 points last Tuesday night, and they needed every one of them to earn the 72-67 win over the Tremont Eagles. AJ Blaylock dropped in 28 points for the Tigers, including 11 of 12 from the line with most of his baskets […]
SMITHVILLE – Still awaiting the return of football players, including starter Dee Moore, Smithville basketball coach Nick Coln is pleased with the 4-0 start by his Seminoles. Much of that hot start has been due to senior Kylar Poole, who dropped 30 points in the 62-51 win over West Union on Thursday night. “We’ve been […]
Two weeks ago, 196 people who typically don’t frequent the Elkin Theatre piled in on a Wednesday night for an encore screening of “War Room.” During its first run at the Aberdeen movie theater weeks before, it attracted upwards of 400 moviegoers for the weekend. Typically, bigger Hollywood blockbusters can bring in bigger crowds to […]
A Catch 22 of social media is that no matter how insignificant a talking point can seem in a world’s worth of oppression, global conflicts and people going hungry and homeless, there are thousands of others quick to retweet, share or post about that insignificant something as well. The latest such case blazing across the […]
By William Moore/Daily Journal ABERDEEN – Former Aberdeen High School basketball coach Roy Hazzle accepted $15,000 to settle his discrimination lawsuit against the Aberdeen School District. The parties began talking about a settlement and entered into negotiations during the late summer. A motion filed in mid-September stipulated that the settlement was not an admission of […]
By CAROLYN WOODS HESTER/Mississippi Veterans Administration Service Officer While awaiting the arrival of their first born child, Parzettia Salmon Jones and Boyce Olin Jones were making their home in Pontotoc County. Parzettia developed complications and died when their baby boy was 2 months old. Parzettia had chosen the name James Therix as his name. The […]
ABERDEEN – During a Thursday think tank session for the following Monday’s Belle Elementary School Student News, explorer teacher Sheila Westbrook explained the episode’s format with hosts Makayla Key and Chelsey Burt. “This will be after Draft Day, and everyone’s going to be excited, so you’ll be coaching them up for the hype of […]
ABERDEEN – Eating in the lunchroom is not what it used to be. Aberdeen School District Food Service Director Barbara Vasser has been on board since January 2015, and things have certainly changed in how and what the students are eating. “I interviewed and was hired on the same day,” said Vasser. “Out of the […]
- Pioneer hosts state of the hospital address November 18, 2015
- Aberdeen High School honors veterans November 21, 2015
- Aberdeen girls win, Hamilton loses close one at IAHS Tourney November 21, 2015
- Aberdeen’s food service is top of the line November 22, 2015
- Belle Student News an alternative to morning announcements November 23, 2015
- Lady Panthers sink key free throws to beat Nettleton November 24, 2015
- Blaylock’s clutch shooting leads Tigers to victory November 24, 2015
- Poole’s hot shooting leads Noles to 4-0 start November 24, 2015
- No matter what the critics say, the message seems to ring out louder November 24, 2015
- Seriously, it’s just a cup; now you see there are more important talking points to discuss November 24, 2015
- Marty Harris: I hope that they do get the speeders slowed down b...
- Scott: Thanks Chris, cool to see you guys doing these thi...
- Kelly Wolfe: Dr. Neil Wanee had been our family doctor for 28 y...
- Carlos: This sounds really nice. I think it not possible d...
- WeldingTodayDotCom : Good thing that women also are showing their inter...
Monroe County, MS
City of Aberdeen
City of Amory
Monroe County Chamber of Commerce
Tombigbee Regional Library
Social Security Disability Attorney
Auto Accidents Attorney
Mayfield Law Firm
Thames Family Dentistry