Monroe County Superintendent of Education Scott Cantrell said that his district will continue to offer College Algebra, English Comp. I and English Comp. II for dual credit at the Advanced Learning Center for the 2015-2016 school year for little to no fee. “We had over 150 students take advantage of receiving both high school and […]
Continuation of programs, technology improvements part of Monroe County School District’s 2015-2016 school year
AMORY – The Amory School District will face a changing of the guard beginning this year when former Amory High School Principal Ken Byars begins his first school year in his new role as superintendent. Byars is a Houston native with a master’s degree in education from the University of Mississippi. He came to the […]
ABERDEEN – As with any new school year or any new sports season, there’s a renewed sense of hope, energy and victory. If ever there was a chance for sports analogies with new administration, Shivers Middle School would have the home field advantage. The school’s new principal, Rusty Greene, comes in from his most previous […]
The Monroe County School District has made several changes in its administrative positions for the 2015-2016 school year. Jeff Brooks, who has served as assistant principal at Hatley for six years is moving to the Advanced Learning Center as principal. He is replacing Billy Loague, who has retired. Brooks received his bachelor’s degree from Mississippi […]
ABERDEEN – One challenge Aberdeen School District Conservator Mac Curlee foresees with the upcoming school year is a delay from September to January before test results from the 2014-2015 school year will be available from the Mississippi Department of Education. “That handicaps us. In a way we always looked at our assessment goals and find […]
AMORY – Vardaman native Kenneth Goralcyzk will take over as Amory Middle School principal following David Poss’ retirement. Goralczyk attended Mississippi State University before earning his masters degree in Curriculum and Instruction and Educational Leadership from Ole Miss. He is currently finishing a doctoral program through Delta State. Goralczyk has previously taught a wide variety […]
NETTLETON – The Nettleton School District will welcome a few new faces to the district in the 2015-2016 school year. Nikki Buchanan is the new principal of Nettleton Primary School. She has taught at Head Start in West Point, Okolona Elementary, Thomas Street in Tupelo and Shannon Primary. She has an associate of applied science […]
The Amory Police Department arrested Charles Sales Yant, 35, of Nettleton on the charges of breaking and entering of a dwelling and grand larceny. Yant also faces several misdemeanor charges, including resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and possession of paraphernalia. Bond was set by Monroe County Justice Court Judge Robert Fowlkes at $50,000 for the felony […]
Polling stations throughout Monroe County will be open from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 4 for voters to cast ballots in the Republic and Democratic primary elections. Even though this year is the second year voters will have to abide by the voter ID law, Monroe County Circuit Clerk Judy Butler expects more […]
- Two arrested for felony possession of meth July 28, 2015
- ICC to offer Preparing for the ACT August 1, 2015
- C2C program provides opportunity for work experience August 1, 2015
- Bailey cooks to please her family August 2, 2015
- Seniors celebrate Christmas in July August 2, 2015
- Continuation of programs, technology improvements part of Monroe County School District’s 2015-2016 school year August 4, 2015
- Amory School District begins year with several administrative changes August 4, 2015
- District confident that new Shivers administration is a winning team August 4, 2015
- MCSD starts the year with administrative changes August 4, 2015
- Aberdeen looks to school year 2015-2016 with high hopes August 4, 2015
- Michael: That's why we need better sidewalks and crosswalk...
- Body of missing Bartlett fisherman found - Bartlett ExpressBartlett Express: […] an earlier story about the search effort...
- Helen Whitten: How would itawamba county go about getting these r...
- debbie jones: Why in the world is the bond so low? Is $5000 all ...
- Linda: These folks were operating in Nashville several ye...
Monroe County, MS
City of Aberdeen
City of Amory
Monroe County Chamber of Commerce
Tombigbee Regional Library
Social Security Disability Attorney
Auto Accidents Attorney
Mayfield Law Firm
Thames Family Dentistry