AMORY – Activity has begun to pick up in the past couple of weeks at Frisco Park. In response to the construction of the park’s interactive fountain, Mayor Brad Blalock urges residents to continue to be patient with the city as progress is being made. “Although it may seem like no work is being done […]
AMORY – Even though weather has twice postponed a touch-a-truck event planned by Amory Main Street in previous months, the event has swelled into more of an Independence Day celebration. The July 4th on the 3rd Celebration will be held July 3, from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the Pea Patch and ball fields […]
NEW ALBANY – For the second year in a row, the Amory Panthers made a deep run through the summer NEMCABB tournament, beating Corinth and East Union to reach the quarterfinals. On Tuesday, the Panthers pounded out 13 runs in a 13-4 route of East Union, while they had 10 hits in 6 innings of […]
VICKSBURG – Three of the 30 Miss Mississippi 2015 pageant contestants last week had Amory ties. Even though none of the three were crowned as Miss Mississippi or one of the alternates, Miss Tombigbee Alivia Roberts was among the top 11 finalists. Typically the top 10 advance, but there was a tie. Roberts won the […]
ABERDEEN – With the red, white and blue waving at its entrance, Acker Park welcomed the flow of Aberdeen Main Street’s Fourth of July parade June 27 for a dedication ceremony. The event balanced the past, present and future on two fronts as veterans of the Korean and Vietnam wars were honored, and the public […]
A long list of bills were signed into law earlier this year after action on the House and Senate floors in Jackson that go into effect July 1. Among a list of changes and amendments, two of the most noticeable are geared towards those behind the wheel of a motor vehicle. House Bill 389, which […]
NEW ALBANY – In a battle of two North half runnerups, Lafayette took advantage of a key fifth inning run to edge out Hatley 4-3 and eliminate them from this week’s NEMCABB Tournament. The two teams exchanged the lead three times in the five inning game. “They got the big hits, and we didn’t, and […]
Like I typed in response to a text later on that night, it wasn’t the first time that day I heard a girl say she thought Caitlyn Jenner was prettier than she was. I once dated a girl who loved to keep up with the Kardashians, but I was usually in the other room watching […]
ABERDEEN – Growing up, Henry Hammack and his family spent other ways to bond than in front of a television screen since they didn’t own one at the time. However, he remembers a time when Friday night fights helped him and his father, Claude, connect on a different level. “Dad was a boxing fan, […]
- Plenty of questions remain before vote on charter issue June 25, 2015
- Summer learning keeps minds sharp and helps tell a better host of stories June 29, 2015
- Amory Main Street member wins statewide honor June 29, 2015
- Boxing match puts locals on the ropes with different experiences June 30, 2015
- Vanilla isn’t as exciting as Ben and Jerry’s, but it still tastes good June 30, 2015
- Mayor urges patience during interactive fountain construction July 2, 2015
- Amory Main Street ringing in the Fourth one day early July 2, 2015
- Panthers take pair of games at NEMCABB July 1, 2015
- Amory representative in Miss Mississippi pageant July 1, 2015
- Aberdeen shows its patriotism and its pride for Acker Park July 1, 2015
- Linda: These folks were operating in Nashville several ye...
- Ty: If what the writer said were true,minor traffic st...
- Ray Van Dusen: That contact number is 640-2043. Have a blast if y...
- KMyhand: Any contact information or details on how to book ...
- Johndoe: Does Glen Bingham even live in AMory....I thought ...
Monroe County, MS
City of Aberdeen
City of Amory
Monroe County Chamber of Commerce
Tombigbee Regional Library
Social Security Disability Attorney
Auto Accidents Attorney
Mayfield Law Firm
Thames Family Dentistry