According to Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley, preliminary autopsy results performed Tuesday morning at the State Medical Examiner’s Office in Pearl indicate a man wanted by the Monroe and Itawamba county sheriff’s departments died from head injuries from a motor vehicle accident Sunday. 34-year-old Joseph Michael Keller of Amory wrecked a stolen 2002 Chevy Avalanche […]
ABERDEEN – Aberdeen Main Street will continue a yearly tradition Oct. 10-24 with its scarecrow trail, which adds a little more autumnal curb appeal near the entryways of several downtown businesses. “It’s a lot of fun. People come to town, and everybody loves to look at these displays. When the weather gets cooler, everybody likes […]
AMORY – LifeSpring Ministries (formerly Sav-A-Life) will hold its 2015 Walk-A-Thon Nov. 7 beginning at 10 a.m. at the Gilmore SportsPlex (Pea Patch). Registration begins at 9 a.m. Walkers and teams are needed for the event. The deadline for signing up for a team is Nov. 1. Teams can be made up from clubs, organizations […]
Tyler Bailey, 21, of Amory, was arrested in Amory on Oct. 9 by the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office for conspiracy to sell a controlled substance. He is currently being held in the Monroe County Detention Center awaiting arraignment.
According to the Amory Police Department, officers arrested Shamor Lidell Billups, 24, of Columbus on the felony charge of burglary of a commercial building. He was also charged with a misdemeanor of first offense shoplifting. He is also on hold for Lowndes County and the Mississippi Department of Corrections. Felony bond was revoked by Monroe […]
According to Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley, a man wanted in connection to several breaking and entering cases in Monroe and Itawamba counties died Sunday afternoon as the result of a traffic accident. Joseph Michael Keller, 34, of Amory was spotted by a citizen in a cemetery on Winders Road near Hamilton. The citizen notified […]
ABERDEEN – Pioneer Preventive Points, a monthly series hosted by Pioneer Community Hospital, will begin Oct. 13 with an educational seminar about flu and pneumonia vaccines hosted by Dr. Mark Friloux from 3 until 4 p.m. “One of our goals is to provide the highest quality of care. Through doing that, we have started community […]
The Monroe County Career and Technical Center will host its annual Fall Festival on Oct. 13 from 5-7 p.m. at the center, which is located on Airport Road. It is the center’s annual fundraiser for the Walker Scholarship, which is exclusively offered for Monroe County Career and Technical students. There is one $500 scholarship awarded […]
ABERDEEN – Southern hospitality is alive and well in Aberdeen. Who would have thought years and years ago that Southerners and Yankees would live and work together in Aberdeen? Not only are they friends and neighbors, but they break bread together. On Oct. 3, the second-annual Silk Stocking Block party was held at the home […]
- National Fire Protection Association encourages fire safety October 7, 2015
- Paranormal group explores spirited history of Gilmore Sanitarium October 9, 2015
- Just in case you weren’t already aware… October 10, 2015
- Long balls plentiful at Smithville Tournament October 10, 2015
- Aberdeen transplants offer southern hospitality to their neighbors October 11, 2015
- Wanted subject’s death ruled as an accident October 13, 2015
- Aberdeen Main Street gets into fall spirit with scarecrow trail October 13, 2015
- LifeSpring Ministries Walk-A-Thon Nov. 7 October 13, 2015
- MCSO arrests Amory man October 12, 2015
- Amory police arrest three on various charges October 12, 2015
- shelia allen: i have said this before and I will say it again yo...
- Michael: That's why we need better sidewalks and crosswalk...
- Body of missing Bartlett fisherman found - Bartlett ExpressBartlett Express: […] an earlier story about the search effort...
- Helen Whitten: How would itawamba county go about getting these r...
- debbie jones: Why in the world is the bond so low? Is $5000 all ...
Monroe County, MS
City of Aberdeen
City of Amory
Monroe County Chamber of Commerce
Tombigbee Regional Library
Social Security Disability Attorney
Auto Accidents Attorney
Mayfield Law Firm
Thames Family Dentistry