John Thomas Springer, 34, of Hamilton, was arrested by the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office Oct. 3 for possession of a weapon by a felon. He was released Oct. 5 on a $2,000 bond. In a separate case, James Daryle Haynes, 39, of Amory was arrested by the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office following a traffic stop on […]
Kayla R Richey, 32 of Amory, was charged with possession of schedule drug. Bond was set at $5,000.00 by Monroe County Justice Court Judge Robert Fowlkes. Richey housed at Monroe County Detention Center.
AMORY – Amory High School will host its first Vex Robotics Competition (VRC) at the National Guard Armory on Highway 25 on Oct. 7. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m., followed by practice fields opening at 9, qualification rounds from 10:30 to 1:30, alliance selection from 1:30 to 1:45, and 2 to 3:30 are elimination rounds. […]
AMORY – Through different means for different grade levels, the Amory School District pushes to promote literacy to its students throughout the school year. Two special guests with a little star power in the state’s pageant world will help promote literacy to boost the students’ enthusiasm at the district’s literacy night Oct. 6. Miss […]
For the Monroe Journal AMORY – The time is finally here to join the fight against hunger! The Hunt for Hunger Program was created to help gather hunters to provide venison for the needy through the Amory Food Pantry. This program was started 11 years ago by Martha Dalrymple and James Cummins. The first year […]
NETTLETON – Jamie Taylor of Nettleton has been cooking since she was nearly 12 years old. Her mother was in nursing school, and Taylor and her sister helped their dad. The first thing she remembers making were biscuits that her dad taught her and her sister to make. He also taught them to make gravy. […]
NETTLETON – Nettleton junior Brianna Holland started her team’s all-day tournament off on the right note on Saturday morning. Holland blasted a walkoff solo homer to give the Lady Tigers a 10-9 win over Hamilton in the first game of the Nettleton Tournament. It was her second long ball and fourth hit of the game. […]
AMORY – Jared Thompson officially received his International Federation of Body Building and Fitness (IFBB) Pro Card in June 2015 when he took first place in his fourth Nationals Show Junior Nationals. He is now an official bodybuilder. It took two-and-a-half years for him to reach that goal, and he is considered young to have […]
Aberdeen (3-3) at Mooreville (1-4) Last week: Shannon 21, Aberdeen 20; Independence 36, Mooreville 0…Tramonte Prather threw TD passes to B.J. Williams and Dorian Fears in the loss…Defensively, Tay Carothers had a pick six and a sack…Only time this season the Bulldogs have had back-to-back losses…These two teams were last division rivals in 2012…Aberdeen won […]
- Student’s architectural skills going to the dogs September 29, 2015
- ICC band reunion among Saturday’s homecoming festivities October 1, 2015
- Adams hits game-winner for Nettleton over Hatley October 1, 2015
- Lions score late in loss to Thrasher October 1, 2015
- Seminoles jump out quickly in division rout of Coldwater October 1, 2015
- MCSO arrests two on separate charges October 5, 2015
- Amory police make drug arrest October 5, 2015
- Amory High School to host robotic competition October 5, 2015
- Pageant queens promoting reading for Amory School District’s literacy night October 5, 2015
- Annual Hunt for Hunger program needs venison October 5, 2015
- shelia allen: i have said this before and I will say it again yo...
- Michael: That's why we need better sidewalks and crosswalk...
- Body of missing Bartlett fisherman found - Bartlett ExpressBartlett Express: […] an earlier story about the search effort...
- Helen Whitten: How would itawamba county go about getting these r...
- debbie jones: Why in the world is the bond so low? Is $5000 all ...
Monroe County, MS
City of Aberdeen
City of Amory
Monroe County Chamber of Commerce
Tombigbee Regional Library
Social Security Disability Attorney
Auto Accidents Attorney
Mayfield Law Firm
Thames Family Dentistry