NETTLETON – According to Nettleton City Clerk Dana Burcham, the Nettleton Christmas Parade is still scheduled to start at 7 p.m. Monday. If the weather is questionable for parade time, a decision will be made later this afternoon.
The Amory Police Department arrested Matthew Roosevelt Gunn, 26, of Amory on the charge of possession of a Schedule II drug. Monroe County Justice Court Judge Robert Fowlkes set bond at $10,000.
ABERDEEN – The Aberdeen School District applied for a 21st Century learning community grant last year and received notification in July that it would be awarded to the district. Being the majority of his November agenda for the district, conservator Mac Curlee approved personnel for the literacy-based program. “The grant will focus on literature throughout […]
AMORY – The Monroe County Board of Education was given a report Nov. 12 of the Monroe County Career Technical Center by director Steve Cantrell of the 2015-16 school year. The CTC raised more than $2,200 for the Walker Scholarship through its fall festival. Students in the technical classes made various items to sale at […]
AMORY – Amory School District Superintendent Ken Byars briefed the Amory School Board on the results from the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) assessment taken last year at the Nov. 9 meeting. “In Algebra 1, the state average was 731, and the national average was 734. Our average is 745, […]
AMORY – A stop for $5’s worth of gasoline at Murphy USA turned into a reminder of the good in the world for an Aberdeen couple on Veterans Day. “We were just going to get enough gas to get us home and to Columbus to get it cheaper,” said Lee Harris. “Ed had his army […]
By M. SCOTT MORRIS /Daily Journal NEW SALEM – The difference between the ordinary and the extraordinary can be a near thing. On one level, the effort people gave on Willie “Butch” Steele’s behalf recently was simple. “Friends helping friends,” said Nancy White, 62, of Jasper, Texas. Steele’s usually the guy giving the help. A […]
AMORY – Ed Kellum, along with his three brothers, started cooking when they were young, since his mother had to go to work to help his father support the family. The brothers were in charge of having supper ready when his parents got home from a long day of working at a furniture factory in […]
For the Monroe Journal Itawamba Community College representatives will visit three area WIN Centers Nov. 30 to enable area residents to register for the 2016 spring semester. Times and locations include 9 a.m.-noon at Houston, Amory and Pontotoc. The come-and-go event is designed for current and returning students, GED graduates, transfer students, new students and […]
- Seriously, it’s just a cup; now you see there are more important talking points to discuss November 24, 2015
- Amory Cosmetology Academy provides education in hair and nails November 27, 2015
- Noles okay with the underdog role November 27, 2015
- Bulldogs aiming to get over Charleston hump November 27, 2015
- Rural hospitals are at risk November 28, 2015
- Nettleton Christmas parade still planned for tonight November 30, 2015
- Amory man faces drug charge November 30, 2015
- Curlee approves 21st Century personnel for Aberdeen schools November 30, 2015
- Monroe County School Board given an update on career technical center November 30, 2015
- Impressive PARCC scores a talking point of Amory School Board meeting November 30, 2015
- Marty Harris: I hope that they do get the speeders slowed down b...
- Scott: Thanks Chris, cool to see you guys doing these thi...
- Kelly Wolfe: Dr. Neil Wanee had been our family doctor for 28 y...
- Carlos: This sounds really nice. I think it not possible d...
- WeldingTodayDotCom : Good thing that women also are showing their inter...
Monroe County, MS
City of Aberdeen
City of Amory
Monroe County Chamber of Commerce
Tombigbee Regional Library
Social Security Disability Attorney
Auto Accidents Attorney
Mayfield Law Firm
Thames Family Dentistry