ABERDEEN – A two day workshop last week began with a broad range of ideas and ended with three goals to formulate an action plan for Aberdeen Main Street’s recently awarded Livable Communities federal grant. The grant, awarded by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the Appalachian Regional Committee and the U.S. Department of Agriculture, was […]
Tag Archives | featured
The Mississippi Highway Patrol has issued an amber alert for a 2-year-old child who was abducted Wednesday morning from Caledonia. Maliah Harris is described as a white female. The subjects who are believed to have abducted are Donald Body Harris and Allison Studdard. Harris is described as a 34-year-old white male 5’11″ tall, weighing 201 […]
AMORY – The Amory School District Visual Arts Show will undergo a change of venue this year as it will be held at Amory Middle School rather than the Amory Regional Museum. The public is invited to AMS on May 1 from 4 to 7 p.m for this special night. “I have appreciated the support […]
AMORY – Work is underway on Amory’s newest Kaboom! community playground located on Col. Herbert Carter Drive, across from West Amory Elementary School. McDonald’s owners Robert and Jennifer Tomey of Wren purchased the land and donated it to the City of Amory. City of Amory grant writer Jamie Morgan previously applied for a $20,000 Dr. […]
Amory’s Charity Gordon completed today’s Boston Marathon with a time of 04:33:48. She finished 1,609 in the Female 40-44 division. She finished in 22,635 place overall.
AMORY – Amory resident Brian Jones was in training for a half marathon when he went for a run on Sept. 4, 2012. Little did he know, that would be his last run for quite a while. “It was a beautiful day. I was on Dalrymple Drive in a residential area, and I had just […]
Why spend all of Easter in the kitchen preparing a meal when you can make a quick dinner that tastes like you have spent days and hours in the kitchen? A poplar name-brand ham that has a honey glaze makes a good meat dish for Easter. It is pretty expensive, but making a honey-glazed ham […]
For the Monroe Journal ABERDEEN – Monroe County farmer Chris Ausborn has directed a $2,500 donation to Relay for Life. Funded by America’s Farmers Grow Communities, the donation will be forwarded to the American Cancer Society, which helps with awareness, research and treatment programs. Thanks to the support of farmers across the country, more than […]
AMORY – The Amory Junior Auxiliary chose Bo Miller as Amory’s 2014 Outstanding Citizen of the Year. He was recognized at the Amory Railroad Festival’s opening ceremonies. Miller had served for several years as chairman of the Railroad Festival. He is a 1977 graduate of Amory High School, and also a graduate of Mississippi State […]
- Reflections of festival bring to mind the tacky and the classy April 17, 2014
- Amory runner reclaims motivation through RR Festival 5K April 21, 2014
- West Point man charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon April 21, 2014
- Former police officer dies from complications from bike accident April 21, 2014
- Gordon completes Boston Marathon April 21, 2014
- Workshop guides direction for Livable Communities grant April 24, 2014
- School board sets higher standards for val/sal status April 24, 2014
- The most ominous time of the year could be anytime, anywhere April 24, 2014
- Mississippi Highway Patrol issues amber alert for missing child April 23, 2014
- MCSO participates in Drug Take Back Initiative April 23, 2014
- former runner: I hope this program will get the financial support...
- Ronald: The pic your looking at is a different a Joshua an...
- DSG: I don't see a scratch on him??? Was that picture ...
- Here for Now: It's not like at least half the town isn't drink...
- Isn\'t This the 21st Century: Bishop Freeman I've eaten at O'charleys, Chilis,...
- Workshop guides direction for Livable Communities grant http://t.co/5MsJOJHXXd 4 hours ago
- School board sets higher standards for val/sal status http://t.co/WaglgQcXks 3 hours ago
- The most ominous time of the year could be anytime, anywhere http://t.co/utYeeVxVDe 2 hours ago
- Mississippi Highway Patrol issues amber alert for missing child http://t.co/ExR5YqCmVy 13 hours ago
- MCSO participates in Drug Take Back Initiative http://t.co/2Yx2NLJ0R3 15 hours ago