AMORY – After much speculation and hard work on behalf of Amory Main Street and City of Amory Electric Department employees, the old Amory Garment tree is standing strong on the corner of 104th Street North and 5th Avenue North. “It took about two weeks off and on to get it up. We had it […]
Tag Archives | featured
Several area churches and other groups will host free Thanksgiving meals for those who need a holiday meal, or just want to enjoy fellowship with others. Aberdeen The annual Walker Family Thanksgiving meal will be held on Thanksgiving Day from 12 until 2 p.m. at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center. For deliveries, call […]
ABERDEEN – The Aberdeen High School marching band is one of two Mississippi representatives to be a part of the McDonald’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in Chicago. The news of the invitation was announced in April and since then, band members and band boosters have worked tirelessly to make it a reality for the 109 students […]
By CAROLYN WOODS HESTER/Mississippi Veterans Administration Service Officer While awaiting the arrival of their first born child, Parzettia Salmon Jones and Boyce Olin Jones were making their home in Pontotoc County. Parzettia developed complications and died when their baby boy was 2 months old. Parzettia had chosen the name James Therix as his name. The […]
ABERDEEN – During a Thursday think tank session for the following Monday’s Belle Elementary School Student News, explorer teacher Sheila Westbrook explained the episode’s format with hosts Makayla Key and Chelsey Burt. “This will be after Draft Day, and everyone’s going to be excited, so you’ll be coaching them up for the hype of […]
ABERDEEN – Eating in the lunchroom is not what it used to be. Aberdeen School District Food Service Director Barbara Vasser has been on board since January 2015, and things have certainly changed in how and what the students are eating. “I interviewed and was hired on the same day,” said Vasser. “Out of the […]
ABERDEEN – In a coordination of the Aberdeen High School JROTC and the school’s choir and band programs, a sense of patriotism filled the Roy E. Hazzle Gymnasium for a Veterans Day program. “As the war continues, we keep mindful the brave young men and women who have gained a place beside us for the […]
ABERDEEN – There’s a scrapbook full of brittle pages on a shelf in an apartment at Pioneer Community Hospital’s personal place that 95-year-old George Crawford shares with his wife, Ruth. Those pages are full with letters to home, telegrams sent Western Union stating messages like he’d been slightly injured in Germany and pictures of him […]
NETTLETON – Draped in bursts of red, white and blue, Nettleton High School’s gymnasium was filled to the rafters and across the floor with students, veterans and others supporting Veterans Day for the school’s annual observance of the holiday. “Since the beginning of this nation, we’ve had men and women like these here today to […]
- Community Bank annual breakfast honors veterans November 19, 2015
- No matter what the critics say, the message seems to ring out louder November 24, 2015
- Poole’s hot shooting leads Noles to 4-0 start November 24, 2015
- Blaylock’s clutch shooting leads Tigers to victory November 24, 2015
- Lady Panthers sink key free throws to beat Nettleton November 24, 2015
- Former Amory Garment tree goes up for the season November 26, 2015
- Supervisors approve road permit bond related to oil exploration November 26, 2015
- Extra point carries Noles to victory November 25, 2015
- Orr makes key plays to top East Side November 25, 2015
- Panthers earn sweep over New Albany November 25, 2015
- Marty Harris: I hope that they do get the speeders slowed down b...
- Scott: Thanks Chris, cool to see you guys doing these thi...
- Kelly Wolfe: Dr. Neil Wanee had been our family doctor for 28 y...
- Carlos: This sounds really nice. I think it not possible d...
- WeldingTodayDotCom : Good thing that women also are showing their inter...