HATLEY – Students packed tight in Hatley’s gymnasium’s bleachers held homemade signs and donned orange in a show of support Aug. 20 for #TeamSerra. Serra Pearson is battling an extremely rare form of dysautonomia, a condition that causes the body to detect some type of cancer and, in an attempt to fight the cancer, creates […]
Tag Archives | featured
AMORY – Dr. Benjamin Boatright joined Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center’s Amory Gastroenterology Clinic in early August. He shares an office with Dr. Joseph Bailey and Family Nurse Practitioner Tim Watson. Boatright, a native of Oxford, played football at Ole Miss and completed his residency and gastroenterology fellowship at the University of Mississippi School of […]
HAMILTON – Sunni Parker is proud of the fact that she has had a large garden this year for the first time and has taught herself to preserve food. “I worked in a garden and helped my mother when I was growing up, but I had never had a garden of my own until this […]
AMORY – A fire that gutted J’Bell Boutique and Consignment Shop in January has since left a gaping hole in Vinegar Bend’s strip of buildings. Shelter Insurance moved back to an adjoining space last week and insurance agent Carla Glasgow, who owns the site, has plans to add curb appeal to the area with a […]
HATLEY – Fifteen-year-old Serra Pearson learned Wednesday afternoon that she will be going on a six day, seven night trip to Walt Disney World through the Make-A-Wish Foundation. At half court of the Hatley High School gym, she was the star in a strong showing support by the entire school, family members and friends from […]
Commuters and residents on Highway 8 east of Aberdeen can breathe a little easier now since mobile home transports from manufacturers in Alabama are no longer allowed to travel that section of road. As of Aug. 8, the Mississippi Department of Transportation began restricting trailers over 70 feet from Highway 8 that connects Highway 25 […]
AMORY – The log cabin at the Amory Regional Museum is in dire need of roofing and other repairs. Museum director Bo Miller is initiating a “Save the Cabin” campaign and is asking everyone to pitch in and help raise funds to make the repairs. “The cost for the repairs will be in excess of […]
AMORY – Aside from a national award for Volunteer Group of the Year from the National Health Care Association, Golden Living Center can also boast two state award winners helping at the facility. The Mississippi Health Care Association has recognized Laura McCain as the 2014 Young Adult Volunteer of the Year and Mary Bradshaw as […]
AMORY – Amory High School graduate Ben Watson and AHS sophomore Staci Fox recently competed with the Mississippi Lions Band at International Lions Convention in Toronto, Canada. This year was Watson’s third year and Fox’s first year. The pair had tryout auditions and a certain number of participants skilled in playing each instrument were selected. […]
- Monroe football scores: Week 1 August 23, 2014
- Presley Sets Public Hearing Regarding Town of Smithville Water Rates August 27, 2014
- Boatright joins Amory clinic August 27, 2014
- Law enforcement officers respond to Highway 6 standoff August 27, 2014
- Highway 6 standoff ends with capture of two subjects August 27, 2014
- Monroe football previews: Week 2 August 29, 2014
- Baldwyn tops Nettleton August 29, 2014
- Bulldogs light up scoreboard in Shannon August 29, 2014
- Panthers surge in second half at Independence August 29, 2014
- ICC schedules CPR/AED class August 29, 2014
- Doug Cuthbert: You are correct I am not registered to vote here. ...
- weedeater: Great job for Amory's new mayor! Shoot down the ...
- Frank James: How in the hell was he not charged with intent to ...
- Fred G Sanford: Get Greg Beason to sell some of the scrap junk he ...
- MeriemDZ: Fourteen years ago I walked up on the porch of the...
- Monroe football previews: Week 2 http://t.co/ciQGIRF3PK 34 mins ago
- ICC schedules CPR/AED class http://t.co/IavpLTNBdU 30 mins ago
- Empowerment Mississippi forum set for Sept. 4 http://t.co/rXdGPEyhW8 6 hours ago
- At the Movies: Aug. 27, 2014 http://t.co/wWaQwfaKMG 10 hours ago
- Subjects from standoff could face multiple charges http://t.co/Jk4RY2G2HL 24 hours ago