During his sophomore year at Hamilton High School, Brandon Davis kicked around the career ambition of being a wildlife biologist until he figured out calculus wasn’t his forte. The alternative was being a game warden. After being hired on with the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks in 2003 to serve Franklin County, Davis […]
Tag Archives | featured
Disbelief. That’s the first thought in Amory native Amber Gholston’s mind when she birthed twins on at 5:47 p.m. and 5:48 p.m. on May 29, 2015. Her journey leading up to those two specific minutes was a 10-year struggle resolved by the medical technology associated with embryo adoption. “I had struggled with infertility for 10 […]
ABERDEEN – Even though the practice scenario of a plane crash wasn’t real June 18 in the waters of the Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway and in a dark thicket of woods near the Aberdeen Marina, it’s an incident county emergency responders have actually faced and are now better prepared to face should one happen again. “A plane […]
School officials and elected officials gathered in separate incident preparedness training courses last week offered through the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency. Issues ranging from civil disturbances near school grounds to accommodating for the influx of people at major festivals were discussed during the two days’ worth of training. “We need to have these in place […]
ABERDEEN – DNV GL, a hospital accreditation group, performs an annual inspection of Pioneer Community Hospital on several points ranging from infection control and patient safety to care plans and fire alarms. Though the yearly inspection is guaranteed, it’s never scheduled and can come at any point. The findings of a two-day inspection May 31 […]
ABERDEEN – R.G. Buxton, a former Hattiesburg watchmaker, had originally planned to start his first business in Lucedale until a salesman told him about the opportunities he could have in Aberdeen, a town he described as having a wide-open jewelry market. “He came in the same morning I was headed to Lucedale and told me […]
Three family members of the late Ricky Keeton, who was shot and killed by Monroe County deputies at his residence on Sizemore Road last October, filed a lawsuit June 6 against Monroe County and former Monroe County narcotics officer Eric Sloan which seeks actual damages against the county and actual and punitive damages against Sloan. […]
AMORY – After several requests at the city level, the Mississippi Department of Transportation will install a 4-way stop sign at the intersection of Main Street and Second Avenue S June 16. Since the opening of the popular interactive water fountain in Frisco Park, there has been a tremendous increase in vehicle and pedestrian traffic. […]
ABERDEEN – A 3-2 decision by the board of aldermen June 7 to do away with the Aberdeen Electric Department’s general manager position followed by an information gathering meeting with Tennessee Valley Authority representatives June 10 made for an interesting week for the city’s conduit of electricity. Following discussion in executive session June 7, the […]
- Family of shooting victim files suit against county, former deputy June 17, 2016
- All the gas money saved couldn’t have matched the nostalgia of cruising June 22, 2016
- Monroe County School District requests $10 million bond vote June 22, 2016
- MDE names local members of Aberdeen School Board June 22, 2016
- Nettleton’s Payne signs with BMC baseball June 22, 2016
- Miss Amory wins Miss Mississippi preliminary June 24, 2016
- Relay for Life dips in with water theme June 24, 2016
- Several activities encompassing Aberdeen Fourth of July festivities June 24, 2016
- Bike nights to be held in Vinegar Bend June 24, 2016
- Aberdeen man loses life following traffic accident June 23, 2016
- Robert Pope: Theys a Explosive an bomb unit circling the block....
- Carlos Ann Sanders: Congratulations to the Amory Panthers and to Coach...
- Anti-bigot: This article is a joke just like this county and t...
- Average Joe: Finally, an article that embodies the true spirit ...
- Mary C. Vandiver-Spann: Yes I also Thank you Alice. I agree in is also poo...