AMORY – Christopher Fuse has come a long way since selling his Afro D’Hippie T-shirts out of the trunk of his car less than a year ago, but he’s far from finished. Fuse’s grassroots endeavor began last March when he sent a classmate a drawing he had done for a T-shirt design. After the classmate […]
Tag Archives | featured
AMORY – Kaye Tubb retired in 2001 after working 19 years at Larson’s Big Star. She then sat with people for awhile and now works at the Amory Museum Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. She has been at the museum for three years and loves giving tours there. She learned cooking when she took home economics […]
AMORY – Amory Community Garden held a potluck general meeting on Feb. 18, where board members elected officers for the new year, which include Mary Chris Fellerhoff, president; Jean Pinkley, treasurer; Chris Wilson, secretary; and Ray Jones, garden coordinator. Board members are Bennie Hutto, Penny Freed, Jimmy Criddle and David McCoy. New board members are […]
ABERDEEN – Even though the Aberdeen branch of Renasant Bank officially marks its 30th birthday May 7, it chimed in on recognizing the bank’s 110th birthday on Feb. 28. Started as People’s Bank and Trust Company in Tupelo on Feb. 27, 1904, the Mississippi-only bank expanded into Alabama and Tennessee in 2005. Around that time, […]
ABERDEEN – As 0’s and 1’s code the significant digits of technology, Shivers Middle School’s 1:1 initiative is turning B’s into A’s by putting the power of iPads into the hands of its students. “It puts learning in the kids’ hands. I haven’t given them the information, they give me the information. If they’re having […]
AMORY – Amongst recalling tales of Sam Phillips, Sun Records, Carl Perkins and Cadillacs, W.S. “Fluke” Holland and his band added to a night of nostalgia Saturday as upwards of 300 people caught the first glimpse of a renaissance era to come for the Old National Guard Armory. The former drummer for Johnny Cash and […]
AMORY – The results are in! Monroe Countians have voted on who makes the best burger in the county and the winner is Bill’s Hamburgers. “I think what makes our burgers so great is that we grind our meat fresh everyday,” said grillmaster James Wilkerson. Founded in 1929, the folks at Bill’s Hamburgers pride themselves […]
AMORY – Regina Marshall was fresh out of Amory High School and in the nursing program at Northeast Mississippi Community College when she decided it may be a good idea to just work for a while. “My parents told me if I didn’t want to go to school then I had to work, so I […]
Fat Tuesday, the culmination of Mardi Gras is celebrated this year on March 4, which is the Tuesday before Ash Wednesday. The multi-week celebration is marked with music, parades, picnics, floats and excitement not only in New Orleans and Gulf Coast cities, but also around the country. It’s one big holiday in cities like Mobile, […]
Reader Participation Poll
- CodeRED alerts give warning to severe weather March 5, 2014
- Lady Lions roll out to a 2-0 start at classic March 8, 2014
- Planning meeting held for community garden March 9, 2014
- Tubb enjoys cooking and second career March 9, 2014
- Amory tops Hatley, Smithville at classic March 9, 2014
- Lenten Lunch series leads up to Holy Week March 12, 2014
- Mayor urges civility through duration of alcohol issue March 12, 2014
- Aldermen adopt utility meter policy March 12, 2014
- Three charged in rash of burglaries March 11, 2014
- Hairstyle inspires ‘hippie’ on path through retail fashion world March 11, 2014
- ForAmory\'sGrowth: All that has been said is that the voters need to ...
- ForAmory\'sGrowth: I want to support you! I did check the records of...
- Doug Cuthbert: My son Josh Cuthbert and I own property in Amory a...
- itspersonal: Since the end of the conflict in 1865 we in the So...
- itspersonal: The records of Amory City Clerk Lee Barnett show t...
- Lenten Lunch series leads up to Holy Week http://t.co/rNGcLx3Iju 4 hours ago
- Mayor urges civility through duration of alcohol issue http://t.co/lX0b930LFT 4 hours ago
- Aldermen adopt utility meter policy http://t.co/WgvUKxCXVr 4 hours ago
- Hairstyle inspires ‘hippie’ on path through retail fashion world http://t.co/9XLMrW5gEl 20 hours ago
- Presley’s town hall meeting tour comes through county http://t.co/xuKYgJmvJQ 21 hours ago