AMORY – Allergy season is upon us and many people are suffering the effects of pollen with sneezing, itching eyes, runny nose, coughing, etc. Nasal allergy symptoms can be triggered by indoor (year-round) or outdoor (seasonal) allergens. Knowing which allergens you react to can help you and your physician make a plan for limiting your […]
Tag Archives | featured
ABERDEEN – Being one of two facilities in Mississippi to offer such a service, Pioneer Community Hospital began accepting patients for its Ventilator Independence Program (VIP). “The name is not just that. Our patients are very important to us, so the name became a play on words,” said PCH Respiratory Director Sandi Roberts. Since beginning […]
Amory pilot Aero English has no clue how many flight hours he has to his name, but a sealed folder he received April 11 from the Federal Aviation Administration probably details every facet of his career in flight. He reached more milestones that day to add to those details as the Monroe County Airport’s new […]
AMORY – Even with all the changes made to this year’s Amory Railroad Festival, the 37th annual event was a record-breaking event in some regards like food vendor and carnival traffic. The entertainment stages had fantastic crowds all weekend. The Craig Wayne Boyd concert Thursday at the new stage at Frisco Park started out the […]
ABERDEEN – While all the tickets had yet to be counted Monday morning, Aberdeen Pilgrimage Association President Faith West reported this past weekend’s Pilgrimage was seemingly on track with last year’s attendance. “I was well pleased. With the Railroad Festival, the color run, Tupelo hosting other events and Holly Springs hosting its pilgrimage, I was […]
By CAROLYN PARSON/For the Monroe Journal ABERDEEN – The Tombigbee chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution honored local Vietnam veterans for the 50th anniversary of the war. The DAR provided refreshments at the simple but reverent event March 23 at the First United Methodist Church. “Identifying local veterans was not an easy task,” said […]
ABERDEEN – Being an adult can be tough business. Through the Mississippi State Extension Service’s “Welcome to the Real World” course March 27 at the Aberdeen Housing Authority, residents learned just that. The simulated activity helped participants understand what it’s like to pay bills and live within their means after they were given booklets with […]
ABERDEEN – Law enforcement are still searching for a male wanted for questioning in the theft of a white Jeep stolen from Mattox Services in the early morning hours of April 3. According to Aberdeen Police Chief Henry Randle, the jeep was located inside one of the buildings and also had a 14 foot long […]
AMORY – Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center is continually adding new equipment and upgrading its facility to proactively serve and improve patient care for the community. Some of the improvements include new heating and cooling systems for critical locations throughout the hospital for the comfort in these areas. New roofing projects these past few […]
- Changes equal improvements for 2015 Railroad Festival April 15, 2015
- America’s Farmers Grow Communities donation helps volunteer fire department April 11, 2015
- Nettleton’s Pounds signs with ICC April 15, 2015
- Carouthers brothers ink with Holmes CC April 15, 2015
- Amory man faces statutory rape, possession charges April 15, 2015
- Lady Tigers take charge late over Lady Lions April 17, 2015
- Authorities make arrests in connection to stolen vehicles April 17, 2015
- Tips on managing indoor, outdoor allergies April 17, 2015
- Infrastructure work begins for new water, electric AMI system April 17, 2015
- Pioneer launches Ventilator Independence Program April 17, 2015
- Linda Brown Pearce: I so enjoyed the Railroal Festival! I only got to ...
- michelle harris: Thank you for this great article on our Craig Wayn...
- michelle harris: What a fantastic article about our Craig Wayne Boy...
- Ed Harden: Coach Pierce is the best man I have ever known. T...
- Laurenda: Hats Off to MCSD !!!! GLAD JUSTICE IS SERVED FOR O...