According to the Amory Police Department, three individuals went to Walmart, Fred’s and possibly other stores also, and passed several counterfeit bills. They were driving a maroon older model Lincoln town car. Anyone who can recognize the three are asked to contact the Amory Police Department at 256-2676 or the Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers at […]
Tag Archives | featured
A hot topic of discussion at three statewide conventions this June will be the potential dissolving of inmate work centers in 30 counties, including Monroe. The Mississippi Department of Corrections plans to consolidate work center inmates to the agency’s 17 community work centers Aug. 1. “One of my most significant duties is to be a […]
Journal Staff Reports Monroe County third-graders scored well in a computerized reading gate test administered in April that measured reading skills. Established in 2013 as a law through Senate Bill 2347, also known as the Literacy-Based Promotion Act, this year was the first year third-graders throughout the state took the test to determine which ones […]
Journal staff reports AMORY – Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center announced a name change May 18 to Merit Health Gilmore Memorial. The hospital has become one of the newest members of the state’s largest health care network by number of facilities. The Merit Health network consists of 12 hospitals across Mississippi. “We have always had […]
AMORY – The annual Keep Monroe County Beautiful luncheon May 7 honored the volunteers who work tirelessly throughout the year picking up litter and keeping the county clean. The organization’s chairperson, Edna Cox, informed attendees that Monroe County had received plaques from Keep American Beautiful and Keep Mississippi Beautiful for volunteers’ work in the county. […]
ABERDEEN – In an attempt to motivate and mobilize parental interest in the Aberdeen School District, a pre-selected core group of parents have worked since February to identify action plans to improve their children’s schools. “I commend you for what you’ve done. We’ve only met three times, and will make presentations for our fourth meeting,” […]
AMORY – The tears of happiness Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center Registered Nurse Lola Stanford was holding in just after learning she was one of five nominees for the hospital’s Florence G. Nightingale Award were the precursor for the happiness she displayed after learning she won the award. “One of my philosophies is to treat […]
The food column I thought was lined up for this week did not pan out. There was not enough time left to get another one set up, so I had no choice but to come up with something. But what? Then I thought of hot weather and frozen desserts. Years and years ago, I had […]
ABERDEEN – It’s not nerdy or weird. It’s just a way of blowing off the stress of tests, homework and studying like few other extracurricular activities can. LARPing, otherwise known as live action role playing, isn’t common in these parts, but a growing number of Aberdeen High School students are helping its culture grow. “I […]
- Nothing beats the heat like a frozen dessert May 17, 2015
- Tigers unable to hold off late Wolverine surge in North finals May 21, 2015
- Long time coming: Lady Noles end drought with fast-pitch state title May 21, 2015
- Amory police need help identifying counterfeit bill suspects May 21, 2015
- Memorial Day ceremony planned for Amory veterans monument May 22, 2015
- Hatley shortstop Waycaster makes it official with ICC May 23, 2015
- Amory basketball’s Thompson inks with Pearl River College May 23, 2015
- We don’t stomp around those parts as much as we once did May 23, 2015
- LEPC meeting delves in deeper to LEPC structure May 23, 2015
- Nettleton’s Rhea headed to Tupelo May 22, 2015
- Johndoe: Does Glen Bingham even live in AMory....I thought ...
- John Doe: Does glen Bingham even live in the city limits of ...
- Herschell Pargo: I want to commend you for your work on General you...
- Linda Brown Pearce: I so enjoyed the Railroal Festival! I only got to ...
- michelle harris: Thank you for this great article on our Craig Wayn...