It was a tight race but, in the end, Monroe Journal readers have chosen McDonald’s as the best place to get a milkshake in Monroe County. McDonald’s and milkshakes have gone hand in hand since a Multi-mixer milkshake machine salesman named Ray Kroc noticed that the McDonald brothers purchased eight of his mixers. After visiting […]
Tag Archives | featured
ABERDEEN – Fifty-three individuals from 23 countries were sworn in Friday as U.S. citizens in a naturalization ceremony by U.S. District Senior Judge Glen H. Davidson, who urged them to be active participants by voting and happily serving on juries as they mesh into their newly acquired citizenships. “You’re the fresh minds and innovators we […]
GREENWOOD SPRINGS – Ruth Kimbrough thinks she was about 8 years old when she started cooking. Her mother was often sick and with four kids in the house, she had to help cook. “I think the first thing I cooked was fried potatoes in a black skillet and cornbread. We ate a lot of potatoes. […]
HATLEY – Students packed tight in Hatley’s gymnasium’s bleachers held homemade signs and donned orange in a show of support Aug. 20 for #TeamSerra. Serra Pearson is battling an extremely rare form of dysautonomia, a condition that causes the body to detect some type of cancer and, in an attempt to fight the cancer, creates […]
AMORY – Dr. Benjamin Boatright joined Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center’s Amory Gastroenterology Clinic in early August. He shares an office with Dr. Joseph Bailey and Family Nurse Practitioner Tim Watson. Boatright, a native of Oxford, played football at Ole Miss and completed his residency and gastroenterology fellowship at the University of Mississippi School of […]
HAMILTON – Sunni Parker is proud of the fact that she has had a large garden this year for the first time and has taught herself to preserve food. “I worked in a garden and helped my mother when I was growing up, but I had never had a garden of my own until this […]
AMORY – A fire that gutted J’Bell Boutique and Consignment Shop in January has since left a gaping hole in Vinegar Bend’s strip of buildings. Shelter Insurance moved back to an adjoining space last week and insurance agent Carla Glasgow, who owns the site, has plans to add curb appeal to the area with a […]
HATLEY – Fifteen-year-old Serra Pearson learned Wednesday afternoon that she will be going on a six day, seven night trip to Walt Disney World through the Make-A-Wish Foundation. At half court of the Hatley High School gym, she was the star in a strong showing support by the entire school, family members and friends from […]
Commuters and residents on Highway 8 east of Aberdeen can breathe a little easier now since mobile home transports from manufacturers in Alabama are no longer allowed to travel that section of road. As of Aug. 8, the Mississippi Department of Transportation began restricting trailers over 70 feet from Highway 8 that connects Highway 25 […]
- Residents brainstorm to strategize for future of Aberdeen August 26, 2014
- Empower Mississippi forum set for Sept. 4 August 29, 2014
- ICC schedules CPR/AED class August 29, 2014
- Panthers surge in second half at Independence August 29, 2014
- Bulldogs light up scoreboard in Shannon August 29, 2014
- Milkshakes have been with McDonald’s from its humble beginnings September 2, 2014
- Naturalization ceremony welcomes 53 of nation’s newest citizens September 1, 2014
- MHP issues statewide Amber Alert August 31, 2014
- Kimbrough’s cooking comes from a country raising August 31, 2014
- Lady Panthers win Monroe County tourney August 30, 2014
- Doug Cuthbert: You are correct I am not registered to vote here. ...
- weedeater: Great job for Amory's new mayor! Shoot down the ...
- Frank James: How in the hell was he not charged with intent to ...
- Fred G Sanford: Get Greg Beason to sell some of the scrap junk he ...
- MeriemDZ: Fourteen years ago I walked up on the porch of the...
- Naturalization ceremony welcomes 53 of nation’s newest citizens http://t.co/Ydb28CVRkC 19 hours ago
- MHP issues statewide Amber Alert http://t.co/If2YMG629e 1 day ago
- Kimbrough’s cooking comes from a country raising http://t.co/rLDsyxJ1g8 2 days ago
- Bond set for subjects arrested in standoff http://t.co/o4sWQh7iBe 3 days ago
- Cotton Transition Assistance Program enrollment begins http://t.co/H58zS4HRGX 3 days ago