AMORY – The Amory Career and Technology Center has formed advisory committees for each of its programs which, include Engineering/Science-Related; Metal Fabrication; Health Sciences; Teacher Academy; Horticulture; Culinary Arts; and Marketing. The first advisory committee meeting was held at the center on Oct. 13. “The State Department of Education requires that we have a craft […]
Tag Archives | featured
EGYPT – Oct. 23. On this day in history, the first North American transcontinental air service began from New York to Los Angeles in 1929, the United Nations General Assembly convenes for the first time in 1946 and Mary Forshee Gladney, who still keeps a smile on her face, is born in Aberdeen in 1914. […]
STARKVILLE – It was a weekend some saw coming while others never thought they’d live to see the day. Mississippi State University’s 38-23 win over Auburn University Oct. 11 projected the then #3 ranked team past Florida State to sit atop the college football world after the polls were announced the next day. As cowbells […]
ABERDEEN – There was no family history of breast cancer in Barbara Ann Rowe’s genes, but there was the history of being raised by a tough mother and tough father. That same raising could have been what allowed her to skip four stages of grief and just accept the fact she was diagnosed with breast […]
The Mississippi Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program, which aims to serve uninsured, medically underserved, minority and elderly women, is a year round service that is experiencing an increase in the number of women who need help. “We get at least 20 or more women per month. A lot of people just don’t have […]
AMORY – Carrie Wall grew up on a farm near Columbus, where her family raised nearly everything they ate. “We had all kinds of fresh vegetables and meats, milk, butter and fruit,” said Wall. “We also had an overflowing well.” When she married at an early age, she said she didn’t know much about cooking. […]
For the Monroe Journal The students and staff at the Monroe County Career Technical Center held their annual fall festival on Sept. 30 Many types of home and yard decor, metal art and a grill were among the items made by the students. The Culinary Arts students prepared refreshments and the Allied Health students provided […]
There’s something in the water. That’s what they say. Where the waters of the Mississippi River meet the Delta soil is where sounds started to permeate before eventually being pressed on vinyl in the 1920s for the rest of the world to hear. About an 800-mile drive away from the poverty that influenced the blues, […]
ABERDEEN – Talks regarding an interlocal agreement with the Monroe County Board of Supervisors placing the Matubby Creek bridge on a list for federal bridge repair funding for replacement stretched as the main topic over two governmental meetings last week. “I’m just trying to get things done on this side of the county. We’re at […]
- Monroe County Career Technical Center holds annual fall festival October 18, 2014
- Laughter is one of the best medicines for centurion October 24, 2014
- Miss Mississippi State University crowned at best time to be a Bulldog October 24, 2014
- Lions cruise at Biggersville October 23, 2014
- Bulldogs blasted by defending champions October 23, 2014
- Lady Noles win North slugfest with Hamilton October 25, 2014
- Lady Panthers survive Tish comebacks to win North October 25, 2014
- Lady Tigers sweep for North state October 25, 2014
- Homers propel Nettleton in North half October 25, 2014
- Advisory committees form for career and technology classes October 25, 2014
- Business Owner of Amory: There is crime in Amory. There are drugs in Amory....
- louis vaughan: over the years I guess is what kept amory the cit...
- Laurenda: Excellent story Ray!!!...
- Ken Holmes: Gilbert Whitehead was an employee of mine while he...
- Busted: This guy has had more chances than I can count. Lo...
- Amory trio charged with possession of ICE http://t.co/XEKwQp93Pz 16 hours ago
- Monroe football previews: Week 10 http://t.co/X0k8ZG0U15 17 hours ago
- Laughter is one of the best medicines for centurion http://t.co/6MmyRSA1vU 1 day ago
- Miss Mississippi State University crowned at best time to be a Bulldog http://t.co/nlJmpewbYP 1 day ago
- Alleged wild ride leads to multiple charges for Aberdeen man http://t.co/kRTatdQaW4 2 days ago