AMORY – The Amory Main Street Fall Festival, held on Frisco Park on Oct. 30, was a tremendous success. More than 1,500 people were estimated to have attended the event. There were more than 20 chili entries in the chili cook-off competition. After judging, the following chili recipes were chosen as first-, second- and third […]
Tag Archives | featured
AMORY – Helping with sports medicine in college seems like a glamorous job at a glance, but it is really hard work and a long commitment. Kelsey Cadden of Amory has been involved with the sports medicine department at Ole Miss for almost as long as she’s been enrolled there. The junior travels to all […]
For the Monroe Journal ABERDEEN – American Legion Auxiliary Unit 26 held its third annual Veterans Day Balloon release for local veterans Nov. 8. More than 150 balloons were released honoring living and deceased veterans, along with POW/MIAs. “This has grown to be one of our favorite events over the past years,” said Diane Belue, […]
Even with Thanksgiving a week away, scenes of the holidays have already staked claim on light poles and underneath downtown awnings and through Christmas open houses throughout the county. Approaching dates for Christmas parades make the holiday season even more real. In normal fashion, the young and young at heart will have plenty of opportunities […]
ABERDEEN – The board of aldermen Tuesday approved Aberdeen Lake to be the host site for the 2015 Central Division Championship for The Bass Federation May 31-June 5. The tournament will bring in as many as 120 anglers from eight states and attract national television coverage. Additionally, Aberdeen Lake will host the Mississippi Bass Federation’s […]
AMORY – Approximately 400 people attended this year’s salute to veterans sponsored by Community Bank, which was held at the Amory National Guard Armory. The event has been held for more than 25 years. “Community Bank is honored to be able to sponsor this event every year. What began over 25 years ago with a […]
AMORY – Sometime on the night of Sept. 6 and during the early morning hours of Sept. 7, several acts of vandalism occurred in the Thomas Street and Dalrymple Street areas. According to the Amory Police Report that week, six cases of malicious mischief were reported. According to the Amory Police Department, cars, houses, street signs […]
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office requests assistance of the public in locating a missing person from our area. Fifty-four-year-old George “Gregory” Mitchell is 5’6″ and weighs 179 pounds. Mitchell drives a 2000 Chevrolet S10 truck navy blue in color with a Monroe County license plate. He was last seen on Hatley-Detroit Road after 5 p.m. […]
AMORY – The Wright Cabin at the Amory Regional Museum has been temporarily closed due to repairs. “The inside of the cabin is good, but the outside that is open to the weather needs work,” said Bo Miller, museum director. “If we don’t fix it, we are going to lose it.” The cabin was built […]
- Annual Eldridge Toy Run scheduled for Dec. 6 November 17, 2014
- Bulldogs blast Vikings, host Kemper next November 19, 2014
- Access Family Health Clinic awarded $250,000 grant November 20, 2014
- It’s not as bad as you think; it’s just a little misunderstood November 20, 2014
- Area artisans on display at The Windows November 20, 2014
- Amory police search for robbery suspects November 24, 2014
- Aberdeen man arrested for breaking and entering November 24, 2014
- Community events celebrate Thanksgiving holiday November 24, 2014
- Fall Festival chili winners share recipes November 23, 2014
- Mississippi’s duck season opens Nov. 27 November 22, 2014
- James R White: At least you share the same frustration that Chris...
- D. Stan: So what are they hiding? If it is questionable wou...
- john: Its astonishing to me that its 2014 and people are...
- my3sons: Thank you for this article Emily. It is very well ...
- D. K.: Anyone knows that the more evil of the two is hard...
- Amory police search for robbery suspects http://t.co/49GZ8EwPFC 4 hours ago
- Aberdeen man arrested for breaking and entering http://t.co/VOJxpZ80l4 3 hours ago
- Community events celebrate Thanksgiving holiday http://t.co/Xe1qpEf8oC 34 mins ago
- Fall Festival chili winners share recipes http://t.co/9AFpM86hg6 1 day ago
- Okolona man charged with grand theft of an automobile http://t.co/S5TeJWvHsZ 3 days ago