After months of adapting a script, scouting abandoned structures and backdrops predominantly Monroe County and filming a localized take on the internet sensation known as the Slender Man, the feature film bearing its name officially premiered last week in Tupelo to positive reviews. Monroe County natives Dylan Scott and Ryan Savage joined creative forces with […]
Tag Archives | featured
AMORY – Kim Fears had had several knots in her breast prior to October 2008, when she was doing title abstraction in West Point. She lifted a big book, started to drop it and stretched her neck catching it. “My neck was really sore and I found a knot. I didn’t do anything about it […]
HAMILTON – For Glenda Faye Keaton, during the years leading up to 1999, neither church attendance nor regular scripture readings were two of her strong suits. A heart-dropping moment when she was diagnosed with breast cancer at age 46 didn’t instantly change her religious lifestyle, but a little voice in her head eventually did. “I […]
AMORY – U.S. Senator Roger Wicker spoke to the Rotary Club of Amory on Thursday, Oct. 16. He told the group that people tell him there is “no compromise,” or ask “why can’t you all get along and get things done in Washington” in regards to politicians working for the same causes. “There are positive […]
AMORY – The Amory High School Culinary Arts program fed the Career & Technology staff and their advisory committees on Oct. 13. Dianne Young, culinary arts instructor, had prepared a scrumptious meal consisting of White Cheese & Chicken Lasagna, Strawberry Pretzel Salad and Chocolate Oreo Peanut Butter Dream. She graciously shared the recipes she prepared […]
AMORY – The Amory Career and Technology Center has formed advisory committees for each of its programs which, include Engineering/Science-Related; Metal Fabrication; Health Sciences; Teacher Academy; Horticulture; Culinary Arts; and Marketing. The first advisory committee meeting was held at the center on Oct. 13. “The State Department of Education requires that we have a craft […]
EGYPT – Oct. 23. On this day in history, the first North American transcontinental air service began from New York to Los Angeles in 1929, the United Nations General Assembly convenes for the first time in 1946 and Mary Forshee Gladney, who still keeps a smile on her face, is born in Aberdeen in 1914. […]
STARKVILLE – It was a weekend some saw coming while others never thought they’d live to see the day. Mississippi State University’s 38-23 win over Auburn University Oct. 11 projected the then #3 ranked team past Florida State to sit atop the college football world after the polls were announced the next day. As cowbells […]
ABERDEEN – There was no family history of breast cancer in Barbara Ann Rowe’s genes, but there was the history of being raised by a tough mother and tough father. That same raising could have been what allowed her to skip four stages of grief and just accept the fact she was diagnosed with breast […]
- Miss Mississippi State University crowned at best time to be a Bulldog October 24, 2014
- The Windows taking applications for fifth annual holiday market October 28, 2014
- Main Street Moment: The holidays are upon us October 29, 2014
- Locally made indie horror film arrives in time for Halloween October 29, 2014
- Certified results of alcohol referendum released October 29, 2014
- Tigers secure trip to postseason October 30, 2014
- Noles fall at Falkner October 30, 2014
- Bond set for two subjects charged in recent ICE bust October 30, 2014
- Lions shocked by Coldwater, lose ground in division race October 30, 2014
- Safety tips important for Halloween October 30, 2014
- Charlotte: Heartbroken taking my kids there every week, means...
- Business Owner of Amory: There is crime in Amory. There are drugs in Amory....
- louis vaughan: over the years I guess is what kept amory the cit...
- Laurenda: Excellent story Ray!!!...
- Ken Holmes: Gilbert Whitehead was an employee of mine while he...
- Bond set for two subjects charged in recent ICE bust http://t.co/yHYzef2FQI 7 hours ago
- RT @cityofamoryMS: @monroe360 5-7 Frisco Park Funraiser Festival! Chili Cookoff, pumpkins, entertainment, Trick-or-Treat, costume contest, … 9 hours ago retweeted via cityofamoryMS
- Safety tips important for Halloween http://t.co/nJirG1Fv2C 14 hours ago
- Supervisors OK new 911 system, opt out of building codes http://t.co/LwLXAhscTL 14 hours ago
- Pioneer offers candy X-rays http://t.co/oyIRmrJonw 14 hours ago