ABERDEEN — The Aberdeen Police Department arrested Eddie Marbel, Sr., 50, of Aberdeen in connection to a Nov. 25 break-in of Big Star. Marbel is charged with breaking and entering of a commercial building. According to the arrest report, nothing was taken during the break-in.
Tag Archives | aberdeen
ABERDEEN– Mayor Cecil Belle will lead a town hall meeting Tuesday, Dec. 11, at City Hall beginning at6 p.m. The event is open to the public and topics expected to be covered include: economic development, the city’s housing initiative, the city charter, beautification projects and the Adopt-A-Park program.
AMORY – A motor vehicle accident Thursday claimed the life of Angela R. Johnson, 34, of Aberdeen, according to Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley. The accident occurred just west of the 278 and highway 25 intersection in Amory Johnson was going west on highway 278 in a Dodge Avenger when she collided head on with […]
ABERDEEN – It’s usually a matter of seconds before customers passing through the doors of Flora’s Collections are greeted with not only a smile, but a welcoming laugh. It’s that level of customer service that makes the women’s clothing and accessory store a well-rounded shopping experience. “I’ve worked in retail for years and since I […]
ABERDEEN – The Day Commission is seeking pieces of Aberdeen’s past for an upstairs room of the Magnolias specific to the Sykes family and the time period stretching from the home’s construction in 1850 to the beginning of the Civil War. “Our idea is to display photos and other items representative of that time frame […]
ABERDEEN – The historic Bryan family cemetery of Peter Grantham Bryan and his wife, Maria Wright Bryan, was abandoned circa 1920 because people simply could not get to it anymore. In the early 1980’s the Corps of Engineers built the road to the west side of the Blue Bluff Lock and Dam and this road […]
It doesn’t matter who plays quarterback for Charleston. Aberdeen coach Mark Bray already knows exactly what his Bulldogs are getting into. Aberdeen goes to Charleston on Friday night for Round 3 of the MHSAA Class 3A playoffs. The winner advances to the North finals. “Typical Charleston. They’re extremely athletic, no really weak spots,” Bray said. […]
ABERDEEN – Aberdeen used a fast start to take a 25-point lead to halftime and forced five turnovers to beat McClain 46-16 Friday night. Aberdeen (10-2) capitalized on two McClain interceptions in the first to take a 13-0 lead. Linebacker Justin Lucas hauled in the second interception of the night to the McClain 42. Bulldogs […]
ABERDEEN – Whereas Census data states the average American family has 1.86 children, wildlife biologist Bob Tarter has roughly 50, if you count all the exotic animals. “These animals need a family feel, too, even if it’s a different species. I’m in charge of the family; I’m still dad and everybody has to know their […]
- Changes equal improvements for 2015 Railroad Festival April 15, 2015
- Desserts are Johnston’s favorite to cook April 12, 2015
- Amory man faces statutory rape, possession charges April 15, 2015
- Lady Tigers rally late over Urchins April 15, 2015
- Sinkhole forces temporary bridge closure April 15, 2015
- Panthers strike early against Tigers April 18, 2015
- One day you’ll want to be a know-it-all so learn as much of it now April 18, 2015
- Lady Tigers take charge late over Lady Lions April 17, 2015
- Authorities make arrests in connection to stolen vehicles April 17, 2015
- Tips on managing indoor, outdoor allergies April 17, 2015
- Linda Brown Pearce: I so enjoyed the Railroal Festival! I only got to ...
- michelle harris: Thank you for this great article on our Craig Wayn...
- michelle harris: What a fantastic article about our Craig Wayne Boy...
- Ed Harden: Coach Pierce is the best man I have ever known. T...
- Laurenda: Hats Off to MCSD !!!! GLAD JUSTICE IS SERVED FOR O...