By Kedrick Storey Southern Sentinel FALKNER – Smithville’s initial plan for Friday was to attack the Falkner Eagles through the air. Instead, Smithville coach Chad Collums went with Plan D. Collums fed junior running back Dee Moore, and the junior delivered with career-high marks of 225 yards on 40 carries and four touchdowns as No. […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
Sports News from the Monroe County Journal | North Mississippi
The Hatley Tigers started off their first division game in Class 3A with a bang, scoring early and often in a 45-14 thrashing of South Pontotoc. “No doubt, winning the first division game is huge for us,” Hatley coach Patrick Schoolar said. “Nobody really gave us the chance to win one this year. The kids […]
The monkey is off the Hamilton Lions’ back. After starting out the season 0-5, Hamilton got in the win column on both the season and in division play with its 54-12 win on the road at Biggersville. “This win feels really great, and I’m proud of the kids. They’re really pumped up,” Hamilton coach Josh […]
NETTLETON – Nettleton sophomore Jayla Patterson wasn’t in the lineup against Hatley when the game started. When the dust cleared on Thursday night, it was Patterson’s go-ahead, two-RBI single that snagged a 6-4 division win over Hatley and a playoff spot for Nettleton. Patterson came into the game when leadoff hitter and third baseman Kylie […]
AMORY – The Itawamba AHS Indians came into Friday’s division opener at Longenecker Field as the favorites, winners of the two of the last three 1-4A titles. The Amory Panthers had the plans of playing the spoiler. Amory (3-4, 1-0) stunned Itawamba with a double-overtime, 28-21 division opening win, overcoming a 14-0 halftime deficit. “No […]
By Rob Williams For the Monroe Journal MOOREVILLE – The usually high octane Aberdeen Bulldogs offense had to tip their hats to the Dawgs defense in their Division 4-3A opener at Mooreville on Friday night. Four of the Bulldogs’ six touchdowns were either scored or set up by the defense. The same defense kept the […]
Like most of the North Pontotoc Vikings’ opponents this season, Nettleton was unable to stop junior running back Zay Cullens on Friday night, as the Tigers were handed a 62-26 loss to open Division 4-3A play. Cullens finished with 305 yards on 24 carries and five touchdowns to lead the way in the win. “We […]
AMORY – The Amory Lady Panthers flexed their muscles last Tuesday night in a 15-0 shutout of Saltillo on Senior Night. Amory blasted five home runs, only one being a solo shot, which also included two from leadoff hitter Brittany Edgeworth and a grand slam from Ashley Simmons. “Except one inning, we had a great […]
NETTLETON – Nettleton junior Brianna Holland started her team’s all-day tournament off on the right note on Saturday morning. Holland blasted a walkoff solo homer to give the Lady Tigers a 10-9 win over Hamilton in the first game of the Nettleton Tournament. It was her second long ball and fourth hit of the game. […]
- Amory native officially named pro body builder October 3, 2015
- Defense leads the way in Bulldogs’ division opener October 7, 2015
- Panthers stun Indians in double overtime division opener October 7, 2015
- Supervisors accept lone bid for garbage truck October 8, 2015
- MSU archeologists making local stop at Amory museum October 8, 2015
- Paranormal group explores spirited history of Gilmore Sanitarium October 9, 2015
- Nerd talk: Podcast exposes underground entertainment and tries to ‘Kill Pop Culture’ October 9, 2015
- Moore leads as Noles top Falkner October 8, 2015
- Tigers open up division play with road win October 8, 2015
- Lions stomp Biggersville for first win October 8, 2015
- shelia allen: i have said this before and I will say it again yo...
- Michael: That's why we need better sidewalks and crosswalk...
- Body of missing Bartlett fisherman found - Bartlett ExpressBartlett Express: […] an earlier story about the search effort...
- Helen Whitten: How would itawamba county go about getting these r...
- debbie jones: Why in the world is the bond so low? Is $5000 all ...