Kemper County (10-3) at Aberdeen (10-3) Last week: Aberdeen 66, North Pontotoc 30; Kemper County 42, Cleveland East Side 6…Rematch of a regular season Division 4-3A meeting…Aberdeen quarterback Josh Williams was 16 of 20 passing for 451 yards and 4 TDs in the win over North Pontotoc…Juniors Jerrick Orr, Tramonte Prather and B.J. Williams had […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
Sports News from the Monroe County Journal | North Mississippi
By Rob Williams For the Monroe Journal HATLEY – It took Hamilton more than half of the basketball game to start playing as a team and wrestle the lead away from the Hatley Tigers on Friday night. Once they got ahead, the Lions they managed to hold off the Tigers for a down-to-the-wire win in […]
NEW HOPE – Aberdeen officially opened up its 2014-2015 basketball season on Thursday night, grabbing a 68-63 win on the road at New Hope. New Aberdeen head coach Jaworski Rankin credited a couple of strengths, including making 75 percent of their free throws on Thursday, with helping the Bulldogs gain the win. “We put a […]
ECRU – Aberdeen’s offense didn’t let freezing temperatures slow it down against North Pontotoc on Friday night. The Bulldogs put up a season-high in points in their 66-30 win in the second round of the Class 3A playoffs to advance to host Kemper County next week. “We just took advantage of what they were doing. […]
Smithville’s first round matchup was a tough one on Friday night as the Seminoles were shut out 39-0 on the road at Shaw. Five turnovers harmed the Noles as Shaw scored off the first two and led 19-0 at the half. “It’s something we talked about last week,” Smithville coach Chad Collums said. “We knew […]
AMORY – Amory posted up its first shutout in boys’ soccer of the season, improving its record to 1-1 with a 2-0 win over Oxford on Tuesday night. The Panthers put up the lead in the first half and held on with a strong defensive effort in the second half. “The defense played really well […]
AMORY – Amory’s soccer teams opened up their 2014-2015 seasons on Saturday with a pair of close losses to Saltillo. The Panthers fought Saltillo to a scoreless tie through the first half, with seven shots on target to Saltillo’s one. “The first half I felt like we played really well. We had four or five […]
For the Monroe Journal Amory’s cross country team had a strong showing at Saturday’s MHSAA state cross country meet in Clinton, with the boys’ team placing eighth overall and two placing with their individual times. Trey Clark led the way for Amory in the boys’ race earning the bronze medal with his third-place finish behind […]
By Jay Tidwell Special to the Journal ABERDEEN – When Aberdeen wasn’t making much progress through the air, Donte Carter found positive yardage on the ground. The junior running back had 15 carries for 129 yards and four touchdowns and Josh Williams was nearly perfect in passing to lead the Bulldogs to a 46-16 win […]
- Annual Eldridge Toy Run scheduled for Dec. 6 November 17, 2014
- Aberdeen man charged with child molestation November 19, 2014
- Bulldogs blast Vikings, host Kemper next November 19, 2014
- Access Family Health Clinic awarded $250,000 grant November 20, 2014
- It’s not as bad as you think; it’s just a little misunderstood November 20, 2014
- Fall Festival chili winners share recipes November 23, 2014
- Mississippi’s duck season opens Nov. 27 November 22, 2014
- Area students work in Ole Miss sports medicine November 22, 2014
- Auxiliary Unit 26 hosts annual balloon release November 22, 2014
- Monroe football preview: Third round November 21, 2014
- James R White: At least you share the same frustration that Chris...
- D. Stan: So what are they hiding? If it is questionable wou...
- john: Its astonishing to me that its 2014 and people are...
- my3sons: Thank you for this article Emily. It is very well ...
- D. K.: Anyone knows that the more evil of the two is hard...
- Fall Festival chili winners share recipes http://t.co/9AFpM86hg6 12 hours ago
- Okolona man charged with grand theft of an automobile http://t.co/S5TeJWvHsZ 2 days ago
- Christmas parades help usher in holiday spirit http://t.co/MHbLHnO69R 2 days ago
- AHS gains, more public involvement among P16 talking points http://t.co/RPOVyLVqqg 2 days ago
- Aberdeen man charged with child molestation http://t.co/39M4ZoQJQE 4 days ago