For the Monroe Journal The Amory track team had another strong day at Saturday’s Class 4A North half meet, qualifying for the state championship meet in eight events on the boys’ side and three on the girls’ side. “This is by far the most events we have ever taken to the state meet, and the […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
Sports News from the Monroe County Journal | North Mississippi
AMORY – The Amory Panthers’ 10-0 win over New Albany on Friday night gave them a boost in their first round Class 4A playoff series, but had a more special meaning for head coach Chad Williams, marking his 300th win. “It’s really special,” Williams said. “The main thing is it means I’ve had great players, […]
SMITHVILLE – The Smithville Seminoles dispatched of their first round opponent easily in a doubleheader on Friday afternoon, topping JFK with quick 15-0 and 14-0 wins. “We tend to start slow in games like this. Basically they have to adjust a little bit to the speed of the pitching,” Smithville coach Jamie Edwards said. “Finally […]
Amory native Brian Pearson finally has his timing right to become the head basketball coach of the Panthers. “I’m a little overwhelmed but I’m just very excited to be back here at Amory,” Pearson said. “It’s always something that in the back of my mind, I knew if I ever got the opportunity to come […]
The Amory track team had several move on from Saturday’s regional meet at Pontotoc to compete in this week’s Class 4A North half meet. The boys’ team placed second behind Senatobia led by wins in three events. The 4X200 relay team of Immanuel Jones, Martavious Walker, Tamarcus Hardy and Austin Carter won and set a […]
By Rob Williams For the Monroe Journal HAMILTON – Shelby Broadstreet traveled to Hamilton on Friday for a doubleheader to open the Class 1A baseball playoffs. The Lions were not very polite to their guests, scoring 32 runs while giving up none to take the two-game series by scores of 21-0 and 11-0. Senior Wesley […]
HATLEY – After a loss in the first game of their Class 3A softball play-in round, the Hatley Lady Tigers regrouped in a big way on Saturday afternoon. Hatley pounded out an 18-8 win in Game 2, then walked it off in a back-and-forth 8-7 victory in Game 3 to take the series against Water […]
By Rob Williams For the Monroe Journal HAMILTON – Pitching and defense ruled the day on Friday when Myrtle came to Hamilton for the play-in round of the Class 1A softball playoffs as the Lady Lions came alive late for a 10-0 win. The two teams split on Saturday in Games 2 and 3 with […]
AMORY – The Amory Lady Panthers tried to mount a rally late against division winner Corinth, but it fell just short on Wednesday afternoon. The Lady Panthers scored all six of their runs in the final two innings, but the Lady Warriors held on for a 7-6 win. “We have to put something together early. […]
- Wren remembers five-year tornado milestone of its own April 27, 2016
- SYTYCD show finalist and actor brother teach classes at AIM May 2, 2016
- Vaughan honored with Wright Brother’s Master Pilot Award May 2, 2016
- Harmon’s grandmothers share some of his favorite recipes May 1, 2016
- Amory’s Williams reaches 300 career wins April 30, 2016
- Amory track qualifies several for state May 4, 2016
- Monroe County reservists deploy to Middle East May 4, 2016
- Smithville pauses for five-year tornado reflection May 4, 2016
- Ward heading to Tampa Bay Bucs as free agent May 4, 2016
- Amory officials accommodate Main Street for handicap access May 4, 2016
- Laurenda Richardson: Thank You Ray !!!! Very good article!!!...
- Shanette Loan: There was a time in my life that I waited for the ...
- Bessie: This is a blessing! I worked with Lori many years ...
- Deb Webb: Hey Trent- I loved your voice from the beginnin...
- Demetrice Herron: That is awesome... May god bless the both of you!!...