October means a lot of things to a lot of different people…the welcoming of autumn temperatures, falling leaves, corn mazes, tricks and treats, haunted houses, more intense football schedules. The lists can go on and on and on for a while. Along with the light-hearted and heartwarming elements of the greatest month of the calendar […]
AMORY – They say that wide-eyed history buffs aren’t the only ones that roam through the display parlors and hallways of the Amory Regional Museum. The building that formerly served as the Gilmore Sanitarium is said to still play host to spirits that made it thrive in that capacity for much of the 1900s. Monroe […]
HATLEY – You can’t kill pop culture. Any under the entertainment radar-inclined person can do is to keep flipping past reality shows and not click on TMZ. “Pop culture is definitely anything mainstream like ‘Keeping Up With The Kardashians’ or anything on the red carpet. We focus on the underground culture and now-a-days, the underground […]
By Kedrick Storey Southern Sentinel FALKNER – Smithville’s initial plan for Friday was to attack the Falkner Eagles through the air. Instead, Smithville coach Chad Collums went with Plan D. Collums fed junior running back Dee Moore, and the junior delivered with career-high marks of 225 yards on 40 carries and four touchdowns as No. […]
The Hatley Tigers started off their first division game in Class 3A with a bang, scoring early and often in a 45-14 thrashing of South Pontotoc. “No doubt, winning the first division game is huge for us,” Hatley coach Patrick Schoolar said. “Nobody really gave us the chance to win one this year. The kids […]
The monkey is off the Hamilton Lions’ back. After starting out the season 0-5, Hamilton got in the win column on both the season and in division play with its 54-12 win on the road at Biggersville. “This win feels really great, and I’m proud of the kids. They’re really pumped up,” Hamilton coach Josh […]
NETTLETON – Nettleton sophomore Jayla Patterson wasn’t in the lineup against Hatley when the game started. When the dust cleared on Thursday night, it was Patterson’s go-ahead, two-RBI single that snagged a 6-4 division win over Hatley and a playoff spot for Nettleton. Patterson came into the game when leadoff hitter and third baseman Kylie […]
For the Monroe Journal Area residents who visit Itawamba Community College GED prep class sites through Oct. 31 can take the GED Ready practice test for $1 as part of a special back-to-school discount. Sites include ICC GED classes at the ICC Belden Center and WIN Job Centers in Pontotoc, Amory and Houston. “Students who […]
AMORY – The Amory Regional Museum will be one of six Mississippi locations to host the Smithsonian Institute’s traveling “Hometown Teams” exhibit as it is shared from March until December of next year. “It’s huge because it’s the Smithsonian, which is the benchmark of museums,” said Amory Regional Museum Director Bo Miller. “It’s 21 interactive […]
- Amory native officially named pro body builder October 3, 2015
- Defense leads the way in Bulldogs’ division opener October 7, 2015
- Panthers stun Indians in double overtime division opener October 7, 2015
- Supervisors accept lone bid for garbage truck October 8, 2015
- MSU archeologists making local stop at Amory museum October 8, 2015
- Just in case you weren’t already aware… October 10, 2015
- Paranormal group explores spirited history of Gilmore Sanitarium October 9, 2015
- Nerd talk: Podcast exposes underground entertainment and tries to ‘Kill Pop Culture’ October 9, 2015
- Moore leads as Noles top Falkner October 8, 2015
- Tigers open up division play with road win October 8, 2015
- shelia allen: i have said this before and I will say it again yo...
- Michael: That's why we need better sidewalks and crosswalk...
- Body of missing Bartlett fisherman found - Bartlett ExpressBartlett Express: […] an earlier story about the search effort...
- Helen Whitten: How would itawamba county go about getting these r...
- debbie jones: Why in the world is the bond so low? Is $5000 all ...
Monroe County, MS
City of Aberdeen
City of Amory
Monroe County Chamber of Commerce
Tombigbee Regional Library
Social Security Disability Attorney
Auto Accidents Attorney
Mayfield Law Firm
Thames Family Dentistry