According to Monroe County Road Department Manager Sonny Clay, one big misconception he’s noticed is people thinking his crews can run out and, in a few hours or days, fix certain roads. However, Clay and the county’s board of supervisors devise four-year road plans, mandated by the state auditor’s office, to project major projects. “It’s […]
PRAIRIE – In addressing findings from Phase I of an assessment of the Prairie Industrial Site, representatives of Earthcon, Stanley Consultants and the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality were available for an overview and one-on-one talks about the project Sept. 29 during a public hearing. The environmental assessment was made possible through a $350,000 federal […]
For the Monroe Journal If you were asked where your smoke alarms are in your home, could you say? If you’re like many people, you may not pay much attention to where smoke alarms have been installed. However, location matters when it comes to smoke alarms. Smoke alarms should be installed inside each bedroom, outside […]
AMORY – The Amory Lady Panthers flexed their muscles last Tuesday night in a 15-0 shutout of Saltillo on Senior Night. Amory blasted five home runs, only one being a solo shot, which also included two from leadoff hitter Brittany Edgeworth and a grand slam from Ashley Simmons. “Except one inning, we had a great […]
AMORY – The first of three fall health seminars at Merit Health Gilmore Memorial was held Sept. 1. Approximately 40 people filled a dining area at the hospital to hear Dr. Ben Boatright talk about the need of a colonscopy. Boatright’s great sense of humor made the often taboo subject easy for the crowd to […]
For the Monroe Journal The local chapters of the Daughters of the American Revolution invite the public to take part in the National DAR Day of Service on Oct. ll at Plymouth Bluff Center on Old West Point Road in Columbus at 2 p.m. to celebrate the 125th Anniversary of the founding of the National […]
John Thomas Springer, 34, of Hamilton, was arrested by the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office Oct. 3 for possession of a weapon by a felon. He was released Oct. 5 on a $2,000 bond. In a separate case, James Daryle Haynes, 39, of Amory was arrested by the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office following a traffic stop on […]
Kayla R Richey, 32 of Amory, was charged with possession of schedule drug. Bond was set at $5,000.00 by Monroe County Justice Court Judge Robert Fowlkes. Richey housed at Monroe County Detention Center.
AMORY – Amory High School will host its first Vex Robotics Competition (VRC) at the National Guard Armory on Highway 25 on Oct. 7. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m., followed by practice fields opening at 9, qualification rounds from 10:30 to 1:30, alliance selection from 1:30 to 1:45, and 2 to 3:30 are elimination rounds. […]
- You’ve got to want it if you want to fix the problem September 30, 2015
- Showing appreciation to the 2015 Friends Walk honorary chair October 2, 2015
- Hamilton P.O. event to inspire breast cancer survivors October 2, 2015
- Monroe football previews: Week 7 October 2, 2015
- Amory native officially named pro body builder October 3, 2015
- County roadwork more than a quick job and an easy fix October 7, 2015
- Phase I of Prairie Brownfields assessment outlined in public hearing October 7, 2015
- National Fire Protection Association encourages fire safety October 7, 2015
- Lady Panthers smash Saltillo on Senior Night October 6, 2015
- Gilmore’s gastroenterologist presents colonoscopy seminar October 6, 2015
- shelia allen: i have said this before and I will say it again yo...
- Michael: That's why we need better sidewalks and crosswalk...
- Body of missing Bartlett fisherman found - Bartlett ExpressBartlett Express: […] an earlier story about the search effort...
- Helen Whitten: How would itawamba county go about getting these r...
- debbie jones: Why in the world is the bond so low? Is $5000 all ...
Monroe County, MS
City of Aberdeen
City of Amory
Monroe County Chamber of Commerce
Tombigbee Regional Library
Social Security Disability Attorney
Auto Accidents Attorney
Mayfield Law Firm
Thames Family Dentistry