AMORY – Merit Health Gilmore Memorial is offering its Fall Health Seminars and Luncheons series to area residents beginning Sept. 1. The first event is scheduled from 12 until 1 p.m. in the hospital’s cafeteria. Guest speaker will be Dr. Ben Boatright, board certified gastroenterologist. The theme for the seminar will be “Colonoscopy, why do […]
ABERDEEN – It’s been quite a few years since pink flamingos have roamed around in the yards of unsuspecting Aberdeen residents. A fundraiser the Junior Auxiliary established way back when has been new again this summer as the Junior Women’s League has picked up on “flocking.” “It’s our first year to do the flamingos. A […]
Daily Journal NETTLETON – An early morning wreck claimed the life of two Nettleton residents Sunday. 37-year-old Chris Hester and 36-year-old Brandy Magallon were traveling on County Road 122 around 2 a.m. when the SUV Hester wad driving left the road and collided with a tree, according to Lee County Coroner Carolyn Green. Both were […]
August is National Catfish Month but for Monroe Countians, any month is catfish month. While Southerners love their catfish fried, you can always branch out and try catfish prepared a different way. Although pond acreage in the state is down from 44,700 acres in 2014 to 41,000 acres in 2015, catfish farming is an important […]
HATLEY – The Amory Lady Panthers remained undefeated and successfully defended their Monroe County tournament title on Saturday. Amory (6-0) beat Hatley 12-0 in its final game of the day, blasted six home runs in a 22-4 route of Smithville and pulled out a 5-4 extra innings win over Hamilton. “We showed up and played […]
There was once a time when the last week of August was when students in the 1980s and 1990s would’ve started a new school year. Even before that, school bells wouldn’t have rung until the day after Labor Day before the late 1970s. I lived for the better part of two years in a college […]
Aberdeen 32, New Hope 27 Amory 34, Saltillo 29 East Union 30, Hamilton 26 Shannon 34, Nettleton 13 Smithville 28, Hatley 14
Aberdeen (0-1) at New Hope (0-1) Last week: Corinth 21, Aberdeen 20; Louisville 20, New Hope 3…Quarterback Tramonte Prather and wide receiver Jerrick Orr hooked up for a pair of touchdowns against Corinth in the loss, including one with 24 seconds to go…The Bulldogs trailed 21-6 before having a shot to win in the closing […]
Mental illness affects young and old not only in Monroe County, but in rural counties across the nation. The people of Monroe County are fortunate to have not just one, but two choices for mental health care. One hidden gem addressing mental health issues in Monroe County is Pioneer Community Hospital of Aberdeen, which has […]
- Preservation commission stepping closer to establishing new downtown historical district August 25, 2015
- Reward increases to $7,000 in shooter case August 27, 2015
- Tigers’ comeback over Okolona falls short August 27, 2015
- Bulldogs’ rally comes up just short August 27, 2015
- Bulldogs build up depth at quarterback August 27, 2015
- Gilmore Memorial to host fall health seminar series August 31, 2015
- Funds flock in with JWL’s reintroduction of old tradition August 31, 2015
- Two dead following Nettleton wreck August 30, 2015
- Celebrate National Catfish Month with some new catfish recipes August 30, 2015
- Lady Panthers successful in defending Monroe County tourney title August 29, 2015
- Michael: That's why we need better sidewalks and crosswalk...
- Body of missing Bartlett fisherman found - Bartlett ExpressBartlett Express: […] an earlier story about the search effort...
- Helen Whitten: How would itawamba county go about getting these r...
- debbie jones: Why in the world is the bond so low? Is $5000 all ...
- Linda: These folks were operating in Nashville several ye...
Monroe County, MS
City of Aberdeen
City of Amory
Monroe County Chamber of Commerce
Tombigbee Regional Library
Social Security Disability Attorney
Auto Accidents Attorney
Mayfield Law Firm
Thames Family Dentistry