According the the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office, six individuals have been booked on various charged in relation to a breaking and entering case in August in Smithville. Billy “BJ” Harmon, 24, of Nettleton was arrested Aug. 21, and charged with possession of precursors and possession of a controlled substance. His bond was set at $50,000. […]
According to the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office, the reward for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for shooting Monroe County deputy Eric Sloan Aug. 24 has increased to $11,000. The shooter, who left the scene of the shooting on Highway 45 Alternate near the Okolona exit, was last seen […]
Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley announced that broadband service will be expanded to rural areas in Mississippi resulting in 136,509 potential customers. The 50.8 million dollars in federal funding from the Connect America Fund (CAF) will allow telecommunication companies to expand broadband service into previously unserved rural areas in Mississippi within the next five years. […]
HAMILTON – A group of dental-savvy volunteers temporarily converted Hamilton School’s nurses’ office into a dentist clinic last week as Smiles to Go served an average of 45 students per day. The traveling arm of a Liberty-based dental clinic aims to help those with or without dental insurance with preventative services such as cleaning, sealants […]
AMORY – Thanks to a joint effort by the City of Amory, the Monroe County Supervisors and the Tombigbee River Valley Water Management District, the bridge on Fairways Drive at the Ackia Golf Course should be opening up soon. The bridge closed in April due to a sinkhole on one side. “The supervisors were instrumental […]
AMORY – Merit Health Gilmore Memorial is offering its Fall Health Seminars and Luncheons series to area residents beginning Sept. 1. The first event is scheduled from 12 until 1 p.m. in the hospital’s cafeteria. Guest speaker will be Dr. Ben Boatright, board certified gastroenterologist. The theme for the seminar will be “Colonoscopy, why do […]
ABERDEEN – It’s been quite a few years since pink flamingos have roamed around in the yards of unsuspecting Aberdeen residents. A fundraiser the Junior Auxiliary established way back when has been new again this summer as the Junior Women’s League has picked up on “flocking.” “It’s our first year to do the flamingos. A […]
Daily Journal NETTLETON – An early morning wreck claimed the life of two Nettleton residents Sunday. 37-year-old Chris Hester and 36-year-old Brandy Magallon were traveling on County Road 122 around 2 a.m. when the SUV Hester wad driving left the road and collided with a tree, according to Lee County Coroner Carolyn Green. Both were […]
August is National Catfish Month but for Monroe Countians, any month is catfish month. While Southerners love their catfish fried, you can always branch out and try catfish prepared a different way. Although pond acreage in the state is down from 44,700 acres in 2014 to 41,000 acres in 2015, catfish farming is an important […]
- Preservation commission stepping closer to establishing new downtown historical district August 25, 2015
- Bulldogs’ rally comes up just short August 27, 2015
- Bulldogs build up depth at quarterback August 27, 2015
- Noles come from behind against Cards August 27, 2015
- Affordable medical care offered through Lifecore August 28, 2015
- MCSO arrests six on various charges in relation to B&E case September 1, 2015
- Reward increased in deputy-related shooting case September 1, 2015
- Broadband service to be extended to more than 130,000 potential rural customers September 1, 2015
- Smiles to Go serves Hamilton students with dental ministry September 1, 2015
- Joint effort helps fund Fairways Drive bridge project at golf course September 1, 2015
- Michael: That's why we need better sidewalks and crosswalk...
- Body of missing Bartlett fisherman found - Bartlett ExpressBartlett Express: […] an earlier story about the search effort...
- Helen Whitten: How would itawamba county go about getting these r...
- debbie jones: Why in the world is the bond so low? Is $5000 all ...
- Linda: These folks were operating in Nashville several ye...
Monroe County, MS
City of Aberdeen
City of Amory
Monroe County Chamber of Commerce
Tombigbee Regional Library
Social Security Disability Attorney
Auto Accidents Attorney
Mayfield Law Firm
Thames Family Dentistry