BY DENNIS CLAYTON New Albany Gazette HAMILTON – The Hamilton Lions fought back from an early two-touchdown deficit, but the visiting Urchins of East Union were able to stave off the attack and take a 30-26 win on Friday. “The key to the game was that we had two botched snaps on punts, and we […]
By David Wheeler Special to the Journal SHANNON – Loosely put, the Shannon Red Raiders and Nettleton Tigers are still smoothing out the rough edges on their respective 2015 seasons. Both teams might need to take a steamroller to their rough edges, but Shannon had more than enough explosive plays Friday to claim a 34-13 […]
NETTLETON – The Nettleton Lady Tigers scored early and then late on the way to a 9-2 win over Corinth on Thursday night. Nettleton (3-1) scored four in the first inning and three in their final at bat of the night. “The girls came out ready to play, doing things right, and we jumped on […]
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office stated Wednesday that the reward for information leading to an arrest in the Eric Sloan shooting case is now $13,000. Anyone with any information is asked to call the MCSO t 369-2468.
Occasionally, one of the county’s law enforcement agencies will have a reported instance of a driver passing a school bus. Luckily, an accident has been missed each time even though the opportunity of present. With the 2015-2016 school year upon students and drivers alike, there’s always a reminder to heed to school bus safety. “[Drivers […]
Due to the Monroe Journal office being closed Sept. 7 in observance of Labor Day, deadlines for stories and advertisements will be Friday, Sept. 4 at noon. Deadline for classified advertisements is 5 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 3.
Beginning this week, a seasoned advertising sales consultant will take over as the Monroe Journal’s general manager, and the news editor will assume the role of managing editor. Ricky Kimbrell, who has been in sales with Journal, Inc. since 2009, will assume the role of general manager. Charlie Langford, who has been serving as general […]
HATLEY – Hamilton sophomore Taylor Brock is off to a hot start this slow-pitch softball season. The second baseman blasted her fourth and fifth home runs of the young season in the Lady Lions’ 13-3 win over county rival Hatley on Aug. 25. “She’s having a great year so far,” Hamilton coach Bryan Loague said. […]
FULTON – Smithville posted an early lead on Aug. 24 against Itawamba AHS and held off the Lady Indians’ late charge on the way to a 9-4 slow-pitch softball win. “We did a good job limiting the damage late in the game,” Smithville coach Jeremy Duke said. “They had the top of the lineup coming […]
- City employee comp time a talking point for Aberdeen aldermen August 27, 2015
- Gilmore Memorial to host fall health seminar series August 31, 2015
- Joint effort helps fund Fairways Drive bridge project at golf course September 1, 2015
- Smiles to Go serves Hamilton students with dental ministry September 1, 2015
- Broadband service to be extended to more than 130,000 potential rural customers September 1, 2015
- Lions’ comeback falls short September 2, 2015
- Shannon pounces early on Nettleton September 2, 2015
- Big innings carry Lady Tigers in win September 2, 2015
- Reward for deputy shooting case increases September 2, 2015
- Drivers urged to heed school bus safety September 2, 2015
- Michael: That's why we need better sidewalks and crosswalk...
- Body of missing Bartlett fisherman found - Bartlett ExpressBartlett Express: […] an earlier story about the search effort...
- Helen Whitten: How would itawamba county go about getting these r...
- debbie jones: Why in the world is the bond so low? Is $5000 all ...
- Linda: These folks were operating in Nashville several ye...
Monroe County, MS
City of Aberdeen
City of Amory
Monroe County Chamber of Commerce
Tombigbee Regional Library
Social Security Disability Attorney
Auto Accidents Attorney
Mayfield Law Firm
Thames Family Dentistry