AMORY – A Back to School Dash and 5K Color Bash will usher in the new school year Aug. 1. The event is hosted by Junior Auxiliary of Amory and DreamRiders Chapter C Biking For Children. All proceeds will go toward the children of Monroe County through the projects sponsored by JA and DreamRiders. “JA […]
HAMILTON – Hamilton Appreciation Day will officially begin at 11:30 a.m. Aug. 1 at Hamilton High School’s gymnasium. Now in its 25th year, the celebration will feature several of its normal activities, but given that this year is an election year, several candidates running for county offices will be given a chance to speak. “Hamilton […]
Former Hatley softball standout Courtney Roberts only needed one season to show her worth at Itawamba Community College. Roberts, who isn’t playing her sophomore season due to starting nursing school, racked up a host of awards as a freshman for the Lady Indians in 2015. “It was definitely a surprise to do so well, and […]
For the Monroe Journal Monroe County is ranked in the top 5 percent of counties nationwide in manufacturing job growth, according to recent statistics released by Headlight Data. Monroe County ranked 134 out of 2,746 U.S. counties for manufacturing job growth in 2013-2014, with manufacturing jobs increasing by 18.7 percent in the county during that […]
Mississippi has set aside a sales tax-free shopping weekend for the past seven years. The tax-free shopping usually coincides with back-to-school shopping. Aberdeen and Amory will again participate in this event set for July 31 through Aug. 1. Only two items are allowed in Mississippi – clothing costing less than $100 and shoes less than […]
ABERDEEN – The tragic drowning of two fishermen on the Tombigbee River earlier this month raised more awareness of the dangers of public waters during flood stages. In pitching the idea to hopefully prevent a future instance, Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks officer Ray Darty approached the board of supervisors July 24 for […]
ABERDEEN – For what has become a summertime tradition, the Aberdeen Visitors Bureau will wind down summer vacation with a free outdoor movie and scavenger hunt July 30 at The Magnolias. “It’s a one-time event this summer, and we’re making it a back to school bash. We’re trying to squeeze in every little bit of […]
New Amory girls’ basketball coach Paula Wax has worked in the school district for the last several years but is ready to get back on the court to lead the Lady Panthers. “I helped out one year, but that’s been 8-9 years ago. I’d like to hopefully provide some consistency for this program,” Wax said. […]
AMORY – According to a notice from the Amory Police Department, a power line is down across Highway 25 South. Police advise people to stay clear of the area while crews work to replace it. The notice, which was released via the Amory Police Department app approximately 1:15 p.m., also states that a large portion […]
- Conservator approves July agenda for Aberdeen School District July 24, 2015
- Crews work to restore power in Amory July 29, 2015
- New Amory girls’ coach Wax aims for hoops success July 29, 2015
- Free movie serves up end of summer adventure July 30, 2015
- Officials reach out to supervisors about water safety precaution July 30, 2015
- JA, DreamRiders ringing in new school year with Saturday celebrations July 31, 2015
- Hamilton’s community spirit to shine with its appreciation day July 31, 2015
- Freshman phenom: Roberts makes big impact in lone ICC season July 30, 2015
- Monroe County ranked in top 5 percent in nation for growth July 30, 2015
- Mississippi’s tax-free shopping set for July 31-Aug. 1 July 30, 2015
- Michael: That's why we need better sidewalks and crosswalk...
- Body of missing Bartlett fisherman found - Bartlett ExpressBartlett Express: […] an earlier story about the search effort...
- Helen Whitten: How would itawamba county go about getting these r...
- debbie jones: Why in the world is the bond so low? Is $5000 all ...
- Linda: These folks were operating in Nashville several ye...
Monroe County, MS
City of Aberdeen
City of Amory
Monroe County Chamber of Commerce
Tombigbee Regional Library
Social Security Disability Attorney
Auto Accidents Attorney
Mayfield Law Firm
Thames Family Dentistry