As the total assessed valuation increased by more than $8 million for the Monroe County School District, the millage rate is not expected to increase. “Our total millage for School Year 2014-2015 was 42.35 for operating and 1.05 mills for debt. We have estimated the operating millage for 2015-2016 school year to actually go down […]
AMORY – The Amory Municipal Library will be closed Tuesday, Aug. 11 and Wednesday, Aug. 12 for an in-house workshop. The library’s staff is very sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause.
ABERDEEN – Summer break wasn’t much of a break for Aberdeen School District Operations Manager Bobby Eiland. As the summer months usually allow for time to spruce up buildings between school years, Eiland orchestrated several noticeable changes districtwide. “Our whole goal is to be professional, treat our students as adults and treat them with respect. […]
Continuation of programs, technology improvements part of Monroe County School District’s 2015-2016 school year
Monroe County Superintendent of Education Scott Cantrell said that his district will continue to offer College Algebra, English Comp. I and English Comp. II for dual credit at the Advanced Learning Center for the 2015-2016 school year for little to no fee. “We had over 150 students take advantage of receiving both high school and […]
AMORY – The Amory School District will face a changing of the guard beginning this year when former Amory High School Principal Ken Byars begins his first school year in his new role as superintendent. Byars is a Houston native with a master’s degree in education from the University of Mississippi. He came to the […]
ABERDEEN – As with any new school year or any new sports season, there’s a renewed sense of hope, energy and victory. If ever there was a chance for sports analogies with new administration, Shivers Middle School would have the home field advantage. The school’s new principal, Rusty Greene, comes in from his most previous […]
The Monroe County School District has made several changes in its administrative positions for the 2015-2016 school year. Jeff Brooks, who has served as assistant principal at Hatley for six years is moving to the Advanced Learning Center as principal. He is replacing Billy Loague, who has retired. Brooks received his bachelor’s degree from Mississippi […]
ABERDEEN – One challenge Aberdeen School District Conservator Mac Curlee foresees with the upcoming school year is a delay from September to January before test results from the 2014-2015 school year will be available from the Mississippi Department of Education. “That handicaps us. In a way we always looked at our assessment goals and find […]
AMORY – Vardaman native Kenneth Goralcyzk will take over as Amory Middle School principal following David Poss’ retirement. Goralczyk attended Mississippi State University before earning his masters degree in Curriculum and Instruction and Educational Leadership from Ole Miss. He is currently finishing a doctoral program through Delta State. Goralczyk has previously taught a wide variety […]
- They don’t make immunizations for home sickness July 29, 2015
- Bailey cooks to please her family August 2, 2015
- Seniors celebrate Christmas in July August 2, 2015
- County, state offices up for grabs in 2015 elections August 3, 2015
- Polls open Aug. 4 for county’s primary election August 3, 2015
- Monroe County schools refraining from increased tax request for fiscal year August 5, 2015
- Amory Municipal Library to close for workshop August 5, 2015
- Aberdeen schools begin year with improvements August 5, 2015
- Continuation of programs, technology improvements part of Monroe County School District’s 2015-2016 school year August 4, 2015
- Amory School District begins year with several administrative changes August 4, 2015
- Michael: That's why we need better sidewalks and crosswalk...
- Body of missing Bartlett fisherman found - Bartlett ExpressBartlett Express: […] an earlier story about the search effort...
- Helen Whitten: How would itawamba county go about getting these r...
- debbie jones: Why in the world is the bond so low? Is $5000 all ...
- Linda: These folks were operating in Nashville several ye...
Monroe County, MS
City of Aberdeen
City of Amory
Monroe County Chamber of Commerce
Tombigbee Regional Library
Social Security Disability Attorney
Auto Accidents Attorney
Mayfield Law Firm
Thames Family Dentistry