NETTLETON – Jamie Taylor of Nettleton has been cooking since she was nearly 12 years old. Her mother was in nursing school, and Taylor and her sister helped their dad. The first thing she remembers making were biscuits that her dad taught her and her sister to make. He also taught them to make gravy. […]
NETTLETON – Nettleton junior Brianna Holland started her team’s all-day tournament off on the right note on Saturday morning. Holland blasted a walkoff solo homer to give the Lady Tigers a 10-9 win over Hamilton in the first game of the Nettleton Tournament. It was her second long ball and fourth hit of the game. […]
AMORY – Jared Thompson officially received his International Federation of Body Building and Fitness (IFBB) Pro Card in June 2015 when he took first place in his fourth Nationals Show Junior Nationals. He is now an official bodybuilder. It took two-and-a-half years for him to reach that goal, and he is considered young to have […]
Aberdeen (3-3) at Mooreville (1-4) Last week: Shannon 21, Aberdeen 20; Independence 36, Mooreville 0…Tramonte Prather threw TD passes to B.J. Williams and Dorian Fears in the loss…Defensively, Tay Carothers had a pick six and a sack…Only time this season the Bulldogs have had back-to-back losses…These two teams were last division rivals in 2012…Aberdeen won […]
HAMILTON – The Hamilton Post Office will host its 3rd Annual Breast Cancer Stamp Kickoff event Oct. 3 at 1 p.m. with chances for breast cancer survivors to support each other and be recognized by the community. The Ridin to a Cure benefit motorcycle ride begins at noon, and riders will receive a booklet of […]
By Mary Nell Dorris/First Friends Respite Center executive director When caregivers plan their journey as they care for a loved one who suffers from Alzheimer’s disease or other dementia, they avoid stress not only for themselves but for the entire family and for their friends. Everyone is aware of the care and feels confident that […]
AMORY – First Friends Respite Center will bring Alzheimer’s disease awareness to the forefront Oct. 3 with its annual Friends Walk at Frisco Park. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m., and the walk begins at 9:30 a.m. “There’s been more of a competition between local churches lately, and First United Methodist, St. Andrews and First Baptist […]
AMORY – Merit Health Gilmore Memorial’s October health seminar and luncheon for Oct. 5, “Mammograms and You,” will feature board certified general surgeon Dr. Hoat Hoang. The seminar will be held in Gilmore Memorial’s cafeteria from noon to 1 p.m with lunch provided. Attendees are asked to RSVP by noon on Oct. 1 at 256-6005, […]
The Smithville Seminoles wasted no time scoring on Friday night. Smithville jumped on visiting Coldwater quickly, leading 20-0 after the first quarter on their way to a 40-8 Division 1-1A win. “We started off really hot,” Smithville coach Chad Collums said. “We forced a couple of turnovers early on and scored our first touchdown on […]
- Amory School Board hears annual updates from administrators September 28, 2015
- Missing Amory man located September 30, 2015
- Fiscal Year 2016 reveals increases and balances for taxpayers October 1, 2015
- Supervisors talk lack of enforcement tool for speeding October 1, 2015
- Trash & Treasures stretches through county October 1, 2015
- Taylor’s cooking makes her popular October 4, 2015
- Holland’s walkoff homer tops Lady Lions October 3, 2015
- Amory native officially named pro body builder October 3, 2015
- Monroe football previews: Week 7 October 2, 2015
- Hamilton P.O. event to inspire breast cancer survivors October 2, 2015
- shelia allen: i have said this before and I will say it again yo...
- Michael: That's why we need better sidewalks and crosswalk...
- Body of missing Bartlett fisherman found - Bartlett ExpressBartlett Express: […] an earlier story about the search effort...
- Helen Whitten: How would itawamba county go about getting these r...
- debbie jones: Why in the world is the bond so low? Is $5000 all ...
Monroe County, MS
City of Aberdeen
City of Amory
Monroe County Chamber of Commerce
Tombigbee Regional Library
Social Security Disability Attorney
Auto Accidents Attorney
Mayfield Law Firm
Thames Family Dentistry