The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office arrested Rebecca Webb, 37, of Aberdeen on Sept. 26. Webb is charged with grand larceny. She is accused of stealing approximately $1,500 worth of coins and old money from a Monroe County resident. Bond has not been set. She is currently housed at Monroe County Detention Center.
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office arrested Dustin Pickle, 25, of Amory Sept. 27. Pickle is charged with possession of contraband in a correctional facility. Pickle is currently being housed at Monroe County Detention Center. Bond has not been set.
AMORY – Amory High School senior Weston Colbert was recently named one of 17 Northeast Mississippi students as a National Merit Semifinalist. As a junior, he took the Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test in October 2013. “I thought I did horrible on the practice and threw away the score sheet,” said Colbert. “I wasn’t […]
ABERDEEN – Even though District 1 Supervisor Doug Wiggins shared his displeasure on how the bidding process for the county’s insurance policy was handled for the upcoming year, previous shares of information resulted in big savings for the county. “I’m disappointed that quotes were shared with other companies. I think everyone should have an equal […]
AMORY – Before passing the mic to guest speaker Butch Thompson Wednesday night at First United Methodist Church, Bobby Tidwell talked up the Mississippi State baseball team’s pitching coach’s credibility in his craft. A bigger attribute that sticks out to Tidwell, however, is Thompson’s Christianity. “I’m not a preacher. I’m not a public speaker. I’m […]
For the Monroe Journal The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) awarded Monroe County a solid waste assistance grant of $17,280 that will be used by the county for enforcement efforts regarding illegal dumping. “The Solid Waste Assistance Grants support a variety of useful solid waste management activities for cities and counties, and this grant […]
AMORY – Cindy Hathcock’s family cookbook, “No Small Source of Food,” which is filled with recipes from the J.E. and Irene Williams family from across the country. It was put together by her sister. The cookbook is a great legacy to leave for future generations. Hathcock began cooking when she was about 15 years old. […]
For the Monroe Journal Amory came out on top at its home swimming meet on Saturday, placing first with a score of 237 points. Mississippi School of Math and Science placed second with 155 points, while West Point was third with 79 points. Other schools who participated were Ingomar, Itawamba AHS and Tupelo Christian Prep. […]
AMORY – Dr. Jeffery VanYperen has joined Dr. Vern Christensen at Foot Specialists of Mississippi in the medical and surgical treatment of the foot. The Tyler, Texas, native recently moved to Amory from Savannah, Georgia, where he was in private practice for two years. Known as Dr. Van, he received his bachelor’s degree in microbiology […]
SMITHVILLE – Having recently been through a devastating tornado themselves, it only seemed fitting that, when an opportunity to make a donation presented itself, executives with Renasant Bank in Tupelo would see to it that the Town of Smithville should receive some important items to help in their ongoing recovery efforts. A digital sign that […]
Aberdeen (3-2) at Corinth (4-1) Last week: Aberdeen 57, Itawamba AHS 29; Corinth 52, New Albany 13…Up 30-22 at the half, Aberdeen scored four straight TDs in the third quarter to secure its win on Friday…QB Josh Williams and WR Jerrick Orr hooked up for three straight in that period…Williams also threw a TD to […]
BY BRANDON SPECK Daily Journal ABERDEEN – Jerrick Orr was in the dog house during the first half of Aberdeen’s 57-29 win Friday against Itawamba AHS. He returned to the field in the third quarter and took three balls to the house as Aberdeen pulled away. The junior has the tools to land the Bulldogs […]
BY BRANDON SPECK Daily Journal HAMILTON – Keshon Heard is sort of the last Lions standing. His brothers, former Hamilton standouts Zarratt Sims, the oldest, and Quinshay Heard, moved off to college, leaving the youngest of the tribe all on his own. He’s no little Lion, though. The speedy Hamilton junior running back is 6-feet, […]
ABERDEEN – Monroe County Sheriff’s Department will be taking part in the DEA National Take Back Initiative. on Saturday, September 27, from 10 am- 2 pm we will be allowing the public dispose of their unwanted, unused or expired prescription medications at Monroe County Sheriff’s Department 700 North Meridian Street Aberdeen. It’s very simple and anonymous, […]
- Main event changed for Smithville Smackdown event September 30, 2014
- Aberdeen woman faces grand larceny charge September 29, 2014
- Amory man charged with possession of contraband in a correctional facility September 29, 2014
- Amory senior named National Merit Semifinalist September 29, 2014
- Monroe football previews: Week 6 September 26, 2014
- State grant to help fund Nettleton playground October 2, 2014
- Pizza Hut returning to Aberdeen October 2, 2014
- Staple in Hamilton community involved in accident October 1, 2014
- Tigers finish nondivision with third-straight win of the season October 1, 2014
- MCSO arrests alleged Highway 45A shooter October 1, 2014
- Busted: This guy has had more chances than I can count. Lo...
- Fred: Bait and switch...
- Diva: Was she a home health worker? It is not clear as t...
- Jennifer: Amory is turning into another version of Aberdeen....
- caleb: I can trap beaver in Monroe ms trapperman201 4@yah...
- State grant to help fund Nettleton playground http://t.co/rGSU1C0qqV 4 hours ago
- Pizza Hut returning to Aberdeen http://t.co/MvAAD5hxP5 4 hours ago
- Staple in Hamilton community involved in accident http://t.co/Pngo30PZPu 3 hours ago
- MCSO arrests alleged Highway 45A shooter http://t.co/N9pGSqqqxj 9 hours ago
- Hamilton Post Office kicks off awareness month with annual event http://t.co/jXxDmZIdUB 20 hours ago