AMORY – Helping with sports medicine in college seems like a glamorous job at a glance, but it is really hard work and a long commitment. Kelsey Cadden of Amory has been involved with the sports medicine department at Ole Miss for almost as long as she’s been enrolled there. The junior travels to all […]
For the Monroe Journal ABERDEEN – American Legion Auxiliary Unit 26 held its third annual Veterans Day Balloon release for local veterans Nov. 8. More than 150 balloons were released honoring living and deceased veterans, along with POW/MIAs. “This has grown to be one of our favorite events over the past years,” said Diane Belue, […]
Kemper County (10-3) at Aberdeen (10-3) Last week: Aberdeen 66, North Pontotoc 30; Kemper County 42, Cleveland East Side 6…Rematch of a regular season Division 4-3A meeting…Aberdeen quarterback Josh Williams was 16 of 20 passing for 451 yards and 4 TDs in the win over North Pontotoc…Juniors Jerrick Orr, Tramonte Prather and B.J. Williams had […]
ABERDEEN – Aberdeen police made an arrest last weekend in connection to a stolen car case reported in Tupelo, which followed another case of a stolen vehicle from Aberdeen and recovered in Verona. Officers arrested Cornelius Bean, 17, of Okolona. According to Aberdeen Police Chief Henry Randle, Bean has been adjudicated as an adult since […]
By Rob Williams For the Monroe Journal HATLEY – It took Hamilton more than half of the basketball game to start playing as a team and wrestle the lead away from the Hatley Tigers on Friday night. Once they got ahead, the Lions they managed to hold off the Tigers for a down-to-the-wire win in […]
Even with Thanksgiving a week away, scenes of the holidays have already staked claim on light poles and underneath downtown awnings and through Christmas open houses throughout the county. Approaching dates for Christmas parades make the holiday season even more real. In normal fashion, the young and young at heart will have plenty of opportunities […]
ABERDEEN – Aberdeen High School Principal Cloyd Garth, Jr., host principal for November’s P16 Council meeting, compared gains at the school to its new motto, “The right way, Everyday, The Bulldog way.” “We had 71 students who made the honor roll and 33 missed it by one class. We have 104 students on the way […]
NEW HOPE – Aberdeen officially opened up its 2014-2015 basketball season on Thursday night, grabbing a 68-63 win on the road at New Hope. New Aberdeen head coach Jaworski Rankin credited a couple of strengths, including making 75 percent of their free throws on Thursday, with helping the Bulldogs gain the win. “We put a […]
For the Monroe Journal AMORY – This year’s Holiday Market at the Windows is shaping up to be an excellent market with several new vendors along with returning favorites, according to event co-chair Faye Pickle. This event will be on Friday, Nov. 21 from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. and on Saturday, Nov. 22 from […]
A few years ago a former co-worker at the hospital said she happened to notice my picture on one of these columns when she was lining her dog pen with newspapers. She checked it out and said she really liked it. I asked her which one it was and she said it was the one […]
SMITHVILLE – Access Family Health Clinic will receive a $250,000 grant through the Health Resources and Services Administration to expand mental health and substance abuse services. “We have been providing mental healthcare in Tupelo for our veterans. With this grant, we will be able to expand it to low income and uninsured patients,” said Access […]
ECRU – Aberdeen’s offense didn’t let freezing temperatures slow it down against North Pontotoc on Friday night. The Bulldogs put up a season-high in points in their 66-30 win in the second round of the Class 3A playoffs to advance to host Kemper County next week. “We just took advantage of what they were doing. […]
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office arrested Jamie Bailey, 22, of Aberdeen for child molestation. Due to the sensitive nature of the investigation no further information about the incident will be released, according to a press release from the MCSO. Bailey is currently housed at Monroe County Sheriff Department. Bond has not been set at […]
Smithville’s first round matchup was a tough one on Friday night as the Seminoles were shut out 39-0 on the road at Shaw. Five turnovers harmed the Noles as Shaw scored off the first two and led 19-0 at the half. “It’s something we talked about last week,” Smithville coach Chad Collums said. “We knew […]
ABERDEEN – The board of aldermen Tuesday approved Aberdeen Lake to be the host site for the 2015 Central Division Championship for The Bass Federation May 31-June 5. The tournament will bring in as many as 120 anglers from eight states and attract national television coverage. Additionally, Aberdeen Lake will host the Mississippi Bass Federation’s […]
- Access Family Health Clinic awarded $250,000 grant November 20, 2014
- Aberdeen man arrested for breaking and entering November 24, 2014
- Amory police search for robbery suspects November 24, 2014
- Veterans reconnect nearly 47 years after life-saving rescue November 25, 2014
- French town adopts grave of fallen Aberdeen WWII soldier November 25, 2014
- Earlier loss motivation for Wildcats November 26, 2014
- Quick start doesn’t pay off for Bulldogs November 26, 2014
- Missing Monroe County man located November 26, 2014
- Owens Grocery serves Amory for 50 years November 26, 2014
- Aberdeen Lake lands three major 2015 fishing tournaments November 26, 2014
- James R White: At least you share the same frustration that Chris...
- D. Stan: So what are they hiding? If it is questionable wou...
- john: Its astonishing to me that its 2014 and people are...
- my3sons: Thank you for this article Emily. It is very well ...
- D. K.: Anyone knows that the more evil of the two is hard...
- Missing Monroe County man located http://t.co/Oj9a1j4XCH 8 hours ago
- Authorities continue search for missing man http://t.co/goBPPtSPMS 12 hours ago
- Owens Grocery serves Amory for 50 years http://t.co/SUCrVjYmE4 15 hours ago
- Aberdeen Lake lands three major 2015 fishing tournaments http://t.co/6nXouBXiOk 15 hours ago
- Love them while we’re all here together http://t.co/8pwzJ5Q8tj 15 hours ago