I’m so Aberdeen, I remember skateboard ramps, neighborhood capture the flag games and the rumble of go-karts and four-wheelers in the Treas Lake subdivision on summer days and nights like these. The Facebook flavor of the week right now seems to be people reminiscing about their hometowns and elements of years passed. Reminiscing with about […]
Archive | Obituaries RSS feed for this section
Monroe County Obituaries
Jimmy Lynn “Shane” Foster AMORY – Jimmy Lynn “Shane” Foster, 59, died Monday, Jan. 13, 2014, at his residence. Born April 7, 1954, in Laurel, Del., he was a son of Ervin Howl and Helen Hawkins Foster. A graduate of Hatley High School, he was of the Pentecostal faith and before becoming disabled, he worked […]
John Fairchild WEST POINT – John Grover Fairchild, 98, passed away on Sunday, Jan. 5, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. He was born May 31, 1915, in Leake County, the son of the late Louella Martin and Lofton Marion Fairchild. He was a self-employed farmer and a member of Bible Baptist […]
Billy Frank Finley ALPHARETTA, Ga. – Billy Frank Finley Jr., 51, died Sunday, Dec. 15, 2013, at his residence in Alpharetta, Ga. He was born July 24, 1962, in Aberdeen in Monroe County to Billy Frank Finley and Mary Armon Wood Finley. He attended Amory schools before the family relocated to Meridian. He graduated from […]
Jeanette Bailey AMORY – Jeanette Bailey, 85, passed away Friday, Dec. 20, 2013, at her residence in Amory. She was born Sept. 2, 1928, to John Pargo Sr. and Clay Jane “Robinson” Pargo. She served the public as a super cook at Park Hotel Restaurant, Our Place Restaurant and Nibble Nook. She also served at […]
Rabon Hathcock DETROIT, Ala. – Rabon D. Hathcock, 75, died on Sunday, Dec. 15, 2013, at Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center. Born on Oct. 23, 1938, in Splunge, he was a son of the late Braxton G. and Mattie Silas Hathcock. He attended Smithville and Oak Hill schools. After 42 years of driving a truck, […]
Cathy Lynn Willhite Redden BECKER – Cathy Lynn Willhite Redden, 44, died Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at North Mississippi Medical Center. Born Nov. 29, 1969 in Amory, she was the daughter of Verlon and Irene Fowlkes Willhite. She married Joseph Redden in 1991. A graduate of Hatley High School, she was of Baptist faith and […]
Cohen E. Robertson CLINTON – Cohen Everett Robertson, Sr., 91, died Sunday, December 1, 2013, at Mississippi Baptist Medical Center. He was born on March 22, 1922, in Millport, Alabama. He was a graduate of Aberdeen High School in 1941, and received a BS degree in business administration from Mississippi State University. He enlisted in […]
Wiley Garner BILOXI – SMSgt. Wiley D. Garner, U.S. Air Force, Retired., 85, of Biloxi, passed away on Nov. 29, 2013. He proudly served his country for 27 years in the U.S. Air Force retiring as a Senior Master Sergeant. He later retired from Ingalls Shipbuilding after 10 years. He was an active member of […]
- Nothing beats the heat like a frozen dessert May 17, 2015
- Long time coming: Lady Noles end drought with fast-pitch state title May 21, 2015
- Amory police need help identifying counterfeit bill suspects May 21, 2015
- Memorial Day ceremony planned for Amory veterans monument May 22, 2015
- Amory School District plans ahead for weather closings May 22, 2015
- Offense shines in Bulldogs’ spring game May 24, 2015
- Important crop insurance deadline nearing for Mississippi producers May 24, 2015
- Hatley shortstop Waycaster makes it official with ICC May 23, 2015
- Amory basketball’s Thompson inks with Pearl River College May 23, 2015
- We don’t stomp around those parts as much as we once did May 23, 2015
- Johndoe: Does Glen Bingham even live in AMory....I thought ...
- John Doe: Does glen Bingham even live in the city limits of ...
- Herschell Pargo: I want to commend you for your work on General you...
- Linda Brown Pearce: I so enjoyed the Railroal Festival! I only got to ...
- michelle harris: Thank you for this great article on our Craig Wayn...