I’m so Aberdeen, I remember skateboard ramps, neighborhood capture the flag games and the rumble of go-karts and four-wheelers in the Treas Lake subdivision on summer days and nights like these. The Facebook flavor of the week right now seems to be people reminiscing about their hometowns and elements of years passed. Reminiscing with about […]
Archive | Obituaries RSS feed for this section
Monroe County Obituaries
Jimmy Lynn “Shane” Foster AMORY – Jimmy Lynn “Shane” Foster, 59, died Monday, Jan. 13, 2014, at his residence. Born April 7, 1954, in Laurel, Del., he was a son of Ervin Howl and Helen Hawkins Foster. A graduate of Hatley High School, he was of the Pentecostal faith and before becoming disabled, he worked […]
John Fairchild WEST POINT – John Grover Fairchild, 98, passed away on Sunday, Jan. 5, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. He was born May 31, 1915, in Leake County, the son of the late Louella Martin and Lofton Marion Fairchild. He was a self-employed farmer and a member of Bible Baptist […]
Billy Frank Finley ALPHARETTA, Ga. – Billy Frank Finley Jr., 51, died Sunday, Dec. 15, 2013, at his residence in Alpharetta, Ga. He was born July 24, 1962, in Aberdeen in Monroe County to Billy Frank Finley and Mary Armon Wood Finley. He attended Amory schools before the family relocated to Meridian. He graduated from […]
Jeanette Bailey AMORY – Jeanette Bailey, 85, passed away Friday, Dec. 20, 2013, at her residence in Amory. She was born Sept. 2, 1928, to John Pargo Sr. and Clay Jane “Robinson” Pargo. She served the public as a super cook at Park Hotel Restaurant, Our Place Restaurant and Nibble Nook. She also served at […]
Rabon Hathcock DETROIT, Ala. – Rabon D. Hathcock, 75, died on Sunday, Dec. 15, 2013, at Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center. Born on Oct. 23, 1938, in Splunge, he was a son of the late Braxton G. and Mattie Silas Hathcock. He attended Smithville and Oak Hill schools. After 42 years of driving a truck, […]
Cathy Lynn Willhite Redden BECKER – Cathy Lynn Willhite Redden, 44, died Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at North Mississippi Medical Center. Born Nov. 29, 1969 in Amory, she was the daughter of Verlon and Irene Fowlkes Willhite. She married Joseph Redden in 1991. A graduate of Hatley High School, she was of Baptist faith and […]
Cohen E. Robertson CLINTON – Cohen Everett Robertson, Sr., 91, died Sunday, December 1, 2013, at Mississippi Baptist Medical Center. He was born on March 22, 1922, in Millport, Alabama. He was a graduate of Aberdeen High School in 1941, and received a BS degree in business administration from Mississippi State University. He enlisted in […]
Wiley Garner BILOXI – SMSgt. Wiley D. Garner, U.S. Air Force, Retired., 85, of Biloxi, passed away on Nov. 29, 2013. He proudly served his country for 27 years in the U.S. Air Force retiring as a Senior Master Sergeant. He later retired from Ingalls Shipbuilding after 10 years. He was an active member of […]
- Mammograms topic of Gilmore hospital’s next health seminar October 2, 2015
- National Fire Protection Association encourages fire safety October 7, 2015
- Phase I of Prairie Brownfields assessment outlined in public hearing October 7, 2015
- County roadwork more than a quick job and an easy fix October 7, 2015
- Vikings run over Nettleton October 7, 2015
- Moore leads as Noles top Falkner October 8, 2015
- Tigers open up division play with road win October 8, 2015
- Lions stomp Biggersville for first win October 8, 2015
- Nettleton tops Hatley to secure playoff spot October 8, 2015
- ICC offers GED Ready practice test at discounted rate October 8, 2015
- shelia allen: i have said this before and I will say it again yo...
- Michael: That's why we need better sidewalks and crosswalk...
- Body of missing Bartlett fisherman found - Bartlett ExpressBartlett Express: […] an earlier story about the search effort...
- Helen Whitten: How would itawamba county go about getting these r...
- debbie jones: Why in the world is the bond so low? Is $5000 all ...