For the Monroe Journal ABERDEEN – The Aberdeen chapter of Delta Kappa Gamma Society selected Debbie Fenstermacher as its Red Rose Recipient. She has been married to Loren Fenstermacher for 40 years. The couple has two children and five grandchildren. Fenstermacher has worked for Hamilton Schools for 26 years. She spent seven years as an […]
Archive | Living RSS feed for this section
Living Section – Family, Cooking, Fitness, Life, Love and Loss | Monroe County Journal
ABERDEEN – A week ahead of Easter Day, the Junior Women’s League will host an Easter egg hunt at the Magnolias April 13 from 2 until 4 p.m. “The Junior Women’s League came together and talked about how we could be a service to the community and we wanted to offer something for children and […]
For the Monroe Journal AMORY – The program of the February meeting of Flower Lovers Garden Club was floral arrangement. The club thanks Sally Prude for allowing members to use a large arrangement she placed in First United Methodist Church the previous Sunday for a demonstration. Geneva Moon, Valerie Jaynes, June Roberts and Bennie Hutto […]
AMORY – When it comes to the southern staple we call the fish plate, Monroe Countians have decided that Stanford’s is the place to go. Mississippi farm-raised catfish is delivered daily to Stanford’s where it’s deep fried to golden perfection. “We cook our fish by feel, not time,” said co-owner Brad Stanford. Stanford’s Drive-In Restaurant […]
AMORY – Ten-year-old Leah Hood of Amory has been cooking since she was about five years old. When in first grade, she helped her aunt make a Dr. Seuss cake for her class. “I have always liked to experiment and make things. Some are not good and some work out really well. Sometimes I follow […]
For the Monroe Journal What does an inmate serving a life sentence in a maximum security prison in Louisiana and a group of middle school, high school and college students from Mississippi have in common? In this case, a common desire to spread the word of God to the least of his flock. And that […]
SMITHVILLE – If hard work is any indication of longevity, then 103-year-old Idra Lee Williams Young of Smithville would win a trophy. She will do something that few people do, celebrate her 104th birthday on Thursday, March 27. Born in 1910, Young was one of 12 children. She had a twin sister that died at […]
AMORY – While Spring Break means fun in the sun for most students, Meadowood Baptist Church youth spent their holiday ministering to others in Amory. Bright and early on March 10, a group of youth kicked off Spring Break at Golden Living Center, where they repainted the fence and brick walk. “This enhances the area […]
ABERDEEN – Spring Creek Missionary Baptist Church pitched in time and muscle March 8 to help further shape General Young Park as part of its community ministry. Its youth followed up March 13 with a Spring Break program for city officials with singing, miming and a performance by Nashville-based country singer Aaron Vance. The church’s […]
- Miss Mississippi State University crowned at best time to be a Bulldog October 24, 2014
- The Windows taking applications for fifth annual holiday market October 28, 2014
- Main Street Moment: The holidays are upon us October 29, 2014
- Locally made indie horror film arrives in time for Halloween October 29, 2014
- Certified results of alcohol referendum released October 29, 2014
- Tigers secure trip to postseason October 30, 2014
- Noles fall at Falkner October 30, 2014
- Bond set for two subjects charged in recent ICE bust October 30, 2014
- Lions shocked by Coldwater, lose ground in division race October 30, 2014
- Safety tips important for Halloween October 30, 2014
- Charlotte: Heartbroken taking my kids there every week, means...
- Business Owner of Amory: There is crime in Amory. There are drugs in Amory....
- louis vaughan: over the years I guess is what kept amory the cit...
- Laurenda: Excellent story Ray!!!...
- Ken Holmes: Gilbert Whitehead was an employee of mine while he...
- Bond set for two subjects charged in recent ICE bust http://t.co/yHYzef2FQI 9 hours ago
- RT @cityofamoryMS: @monroe360 5-7 Frisco Park Funraiser Festival! Chili Cookoff, pumpkins, entertainment, Trick-or-Treat, costume contest, … 11 hours ago retweeted via cityofamoryMS
- Safety tips important for Halloween http://t.co/nJirG1Fv2C 16 hours ago
- Supervisors OK new 911 system, opt out of building codes http://t.co/LwLXAhscTL 16 hours ago
- Pioneer offers candy X-rays http://t.co/oyIRmrJonw 16 hours ago