AMORY – Christopher Fuse has come a long way since selling his Afro D’Hippie T-shirts out of the trunk of his car less than a year ago, but he’s far from finished. Fuse’s grassroots endeavor began last March when he sent a classmate a drawing he had done for a T-shirt design. After the classmate […]
Archive | Living RSS feed for this section
Living Section – Family, Cooking, Fitness, Life, Love and Loss | Monroe County Journal
AMORY – Kaye Tubb retired in 2001 after working 19 years at Larson’s Big Star. She then sat with people for awhile and now works at the Amory Museum Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. She has been at the museum for three years and loves giving tours there. She learned cooking when she took home economics […]
AMORY – The annual Lady in Red Fashion Show and Luncheon hosted by Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center was held Feb. 25 to spread awareness of heart disease in women. Guest speaker was Scobey resident Gay Smith. She served as regional director with the American Heart Association for more than eight years and continues to […]
AMORY – Amongst recalling tales of Sam Phillips, Sun Records, Carl Perkins and Cadillacs, W.S. “Fluke” Holland and his band added to a night of nostalgia Saturday as upwards of 300 people caught the first glimpse of a renaissance era to come for the Old National Guard Armory. The former drummer for Johnny Cash and […]
Fat Tuesday, the culmination of Mardi Gras is celebrated this year on March 4, which is the Tuesday before Ash Wednesday. The multi-week celebration is marked with music, parades, picnics, floats and excitement not only in New Orleans and Gulf Coast cities, but also around the country. It’s one big holiday in cities like Mobile, […]
AMORY – The official unveiling ceremony, “A New Day for the Old Armory,” for the restored National Guard Old Armory will take place Saturday, March 1 at 6:30 p.m. The event features dinner, music and guest speaker W.S. “Fluke” Holland. The gala will begin with a meet and greet followed by an opening ceremony led […]
AMORY – For Monroe Journal staff writer, Emily Tubb, and her children, Sarah and Collin, the cuisine of Friday night dinners is solely the children’s choice. Tubb tries to set aside every other Friday night as a night for Sarah, 15, and Collin, 11, to chose what they want to eat. Collin plays Upward basketball […]
ABERDEEN – Ladies who typically gather throughout the week in Three Rivers Planning and Development District’s senior citizens program celebrated a Valentine’s Day nutrition brunch with special guests Feb. 14 at the High Street Community Center. “We thought it would be something nice for the seniors and it gives them another chance to mingle with […]
For the Monroe Journal AMORY – February is National Heart Health Awareness Month and Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center is encouraging women to become proactive about their health. The hospital has scheduled its annual Lady In Red Fashion Show and Heart Health Luncheon for Tuesday, Feb. 25. The event will be held at noon in […]
- CodeRED alerts give warning to severe weather March 5, 2014
- Renasant Bank celebrates 110 years of service March 8, 2014
- Flower Lovers educated on pollination March 8, 2014
- Lady Lions roll out to a 2-0 start at classic March 8, 2014
- Planning meeting held for community garden March 9, 2014
- Three charged in rash of burglaries March 11, 2014
- Hairstyle inspires ‘hippie’ on path through retail fashion world March 11, 2014
- Presley’s town hall meeting tour comes through county March 11, 2014
- Jury finds Parvin guilty in second murder trial March 10, 2014
- West Point man arrested on drug charge March 10, 2014
- ForAmory\'sGrowth: All that has been said is that the voters need to ...
- ForAmory\'sGrowth: I want to support you! I did check the records of...
- Doug Cuthbert: My son Josh Cuthbert and I own property in Amory a...
- itspersonal: Since the end of the conflict in 1865 we in the So...
- itspersonal: The records of Amory City Clerk Lee Barnett show t...
- Hairstyle inspires ‘hippie’ on path through retail fashion world http://t.co/9XLMrW5gEl 15 hours ago
- Presley’s town hall meeting tour comes through county http://t.co/xuKYgJmvJQ 16 hours ago
- Jury finds Parvin guilty in second murder trial http://t.co/H13yUQd9XZ 1 day ago
- West Point man arrested on drug charge http://t.co/n2fxpj2Pzv 1 day ago
- MCSO hosts wheelchair drive http://t.co/bnwivJq9WT 1 day ago