Amory’s Charity Gordon completed today’s Boston Marathon with a time of 04:33:48. She finished 1,609 in the Female 40-44 division. She finished in 22,635 place overall.
Archive | Business RSS feed for this section
Business News from the Monroe County Journal | North Mississippi
SMITHVILLE – Almost three years after Smithville was nearly demolished by an EF5 tornado, an announcement was made Friday that a new start-up motion furniture company, Behold Home Inc., is locating a manufacturing plant in the former Townhouse Furniture building. Mike Armour, representing Mississippi Development Authority and Appalachian Regional Commission, read a letter from Gov. […]
AMORY – When it comes to the southern staple we call the fish plate, Monroe Countians have decided that Stanford’s is the place to go. Mississippi farm-raised catfish is delivered daily to Stanford’s where it’s deep fried to golden perfection. “We cook our fish by feel, not time,” said co-owner Brad Stanford. Stanford’s Drive-In Restaurant […]
ABERDEEN – While a sign on Shelaine’s Restaurant’s door last Thursday said it was closed due to unforeseen circumstances and would be open the next day, a more ominous sign Friday indicated otherwise. A notice stated the ownership and possession of the property is exclusively that of Shelaine’s Motel owner Kamlesh Patel and that the […]
ABERDEEN – Even though the Aberdeen branch of Renasant Bank officially marks its 30th birthday May 7, it chimed in on recognizing the bank’s 110th birthday on Feb. 28. Started as People’s Bank and Trust Company in Tupelo on Feb. 27, 1904, the Mississippi-only bank expanded into Alabama and Tennessee in 2005. Around that time, […]
AMORY – The results are in! Monroe Countians have voted on who makes the best burger in the county and the winner is Bill’s Hamburgers. “I think what makes our burgers so great is that we grind our meat fresh everyday,” said grillmaster James Wilkerson. Founded in 1929, the folks at Bill’s Hamburgers pride themselves […]
ABERDEEN – In January, a sense of doom and gloom swept through town as Big Star, LeRoux, A Southern Heritage Restaurant and Cato closed their doors. A new batch of businesses are in the works to add a sense of retail renaissance. “It can effect the psyche of people when that store front that was […]
Coming from his most recent role with the Mississippi Development Authority, William ‘Skip’ Scaggs took the wheel of the Monroe County Chamber of Commerce in early February as executive director. He brings enthusiasm, experience and a list of industry connections to his new position as head of the county’s economic development engine. The Monroe Journal’s […]
SMITHVILLE – Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley said an extension through 2014, and in some instances beyond 2014, of utility rate incentives aimed at Mississippi small businesses has been renewed. To date, the incentives have helped more than 1,100 Mississippi “mom and pop” businesses save more than $400,000 in utility costs. The “Small Business Rate […]
- Amory School Board approves Waverly field trip for Excel class April 26, 2016
- Aberdeen aldermen move forward with sidewalk project April 29, 2016
- Amory rocket team headed again to national competition April 29, 2016
- An open letter to the media from one of your own April 29, 2016
- Business owner approaches Amory aldermen about zoning April 29, 2016
- SYTYCD show finalist and actor brother teach classes at AIM May 2, 2016
- Vaughan honored with Wright Brother’s Master Pilot Award May 2, 2016
- Harmon’s grandmothers share some of his favorite recipes May 1, 2016
- Amory’s Williams reaches 300 career wins April 30, 2016
- Noles get easy sweep of JFK April 30, 2016
- Laurenda Richardson: Thank You Ray !!!! Very good article!!!...
- Shanette Loan: There was a time in my life that I waited for the ...
- Bessie: This is a blessing! I worked with Lori many years ...
- Deb Webb: Hey Trent- I loved your voice from the beginnin...
- Demetrice Herron: That is awesome... May god bless the both of you!!...