Amory’s Charity Gordon completed today’s Boston Marathon with a time of 04:33:48. She finished 1,609 in the Female 40-44 division. She finished in 22,635 place overall.
Archive | Business RSS feed for this section
Business News from the Monroe County Journal | North Mississippi
SMITHVILLE – Almost three years after Smithville was nearly demolished by an EF5 tornado, an announcement was made Friday that a new start-up motion furniture company, Behold Home Inc., is locating a manufacturing plant in the former Townhouse Furniture building. Mike Armour, representing Mississippi Development Authority and Appalachian Regional Commission, read a letter from Gov. […]
AMORY – When it comes to the southern staple we call the fish plate, Monroe Countians have decided that Stanford’s is the place to go. Mississippi farm-raised catfish is delivered daily to Stanford’s where it’s deep fried to golden perfection. “We cook our fish by feel, not time,” said co-owner Brad Stanford. Stanford’s Drive-In Restaurant […]
ABERDEEN – While a sign on Shelaine’s Restaurant’s door last Thursday said it was closed due to unforeseen circumstances and would be open the next day, a more ominous sign Friday indicated otherwise. A notice stated the ownership and possession of the property is exclusively that of Shelaine’s Motel owner Kamlesh Patel and that the […]
ABERDEEN – Even though the Aberdeen branch of Renasant Bank officially marks its 30th birthday May 7, it chimed in on recognizing the bank’s 110th birthday on Feb. 28. Started as People’s Bank and Trust Company in Tupelo on Feb. 27, 1904, the Mississippi-only bank expanded into Alabama and Tennessee in 2005. Around that time, […]
AMORY – The results are in! Monroe Countians have voted on who makes the best burger in the county and the winner is Bill’s Hamburgers. “I think what makes our burgers so great is that we grind our meat fresh everyday,” said grillmaster James Wilkerson. Founded in 1929, the folks at Bill’s Hamburgers pride themselves […]
ABERDEEN – In January, a sense of doom and gloom swept through town as Big Star, LeRoux, A Southern Heritage Restaurant and Cato closed their doors. A new batch of businesses are in the works to add a sense of retail renaissance. “It can effect the psyche of people when that store front that was […]
Coming from his most recent role with the Mississippi Development Authority, William ‘Skip’ Scaggs took the wheel of the Monroe County Chamber of Commerce in early February as executive director. He brings enthusiasm, experience and a list of industry connections to his new position as head of the county’s economic development engine. The Monroe Journal’s […]
SMITHVILLE – Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley said an extension through 2014, and in some instances beyond 2014, of utility rate incentives aimed at Mississippi small businesses has been renewed. To date, the incentives have helped more than 1,100 Mississippi “mom and pop” businesses save more than $400,000 in utility costs. The “Small Business Rate […]
- Documenting your family’s medical history benefits current and future generations July 26, 2014
- Back to School event set for Saturday July 31, 2014
- People urged to be aware of roofing repair scam July 31, 2014
- Greenwood Springs man arrested on capias warrant for fondling July 31, 2014
- Former jailer officially charged with sex with an inmate July 31, 2014
- Aberdeen police find stolen property following traffic stop August 1, 2014
- Randle sets town hall meeting for police department needs August 1, 2014
- MetroCast reaches agreement to launch SEC Network Aug. 14 August 1, 2014
- Nonprofit makes its debut with upcoming Kutz for Kidz August 1, 2014
- Health cluster students garner national health care award August 1, 2014
- Meia: Hi ...
- Cletus Snow: #1, my name isn't John, Cletus or Snow. #2, I nev...
- Guest: 1st of all, my name is "John"... Nor is it reall...
- Letskeepamoryclean: You are very right John "Cletus" Snow. It will b...
- Equality Needed for All: Creekmore made a friend of mine move a fence and i...
- Aberdeen police find stolen property following traffic stop http://t.co/kr2IHXafPT 3 hours ago
- Randle sets town hall meeting for police department needs http://t.co/enFO230FCH 6 hours ago
- MetroCast reaches agreement to launch SEC Network Aug. 14 http://t.co/sT80P9ey5D 9 hours ago
- Nonprofit makes its debut with upcoming Kutz for Kidz http://t.co/VFgxQ8NqIL 12 hours ago
- Health cluster students garner national health care award http://t.co/RzGtjvObEF 12 hours ago