The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office stated Wednesday that the reward for information leading to an arrest in the Eric Sloan shooting case is now $13,000. Anyone with any information is asked to call the MCSO t 369-2468.
Occasionally, one of the county’s law enforcement agencies will have a reported instance of a driver passing a school bus. Luckily, an accident has been missed each time even though the opportunity of present. With the 2015-2016 school year upon students and drivers alike, there’s always a reminder to heed to school bus safety. “[Drivers […]
Due to the Monroe Journal office being closed Sept. 7 in observance of Labor Day, deadlines for stories and advertisements will be Friday, Sept. 4 at noon. Deadline for classified advertisements is 5 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 3.
Beginning this week, a seasoned advertising sales consultant will take over as the Monroe Journal’s general manager, and the news editor will assume the role of managing editor. Ricky Kimbrell, who has been in sales with Journal, Inc. since 2009, will assume the role of general manager. Charlie Langford, who has been serving as general […]
HATLEY – Hamilton sophomore Taylor Brock is off to a hot start this slow-pitch softball season. The second baseman blasted her fourth and fifth home runs of the young season in the Lady Lions’ 13-3 win over county rival Hatley on Aug. 25. “She’s having a great year so far,” Hamilton coach Bryan Loague said. […]
FULTON – Smithville posted an early lead on Aug. 24 against Itawamba AHS and held off the Lady Indians’ late charge on the way to a 9-4 slow-pitch softball win. “We did a good job limiting the damage late in the game,” Smithville coach Jeremy Duke said. “They had the top of the lineup coming […]
ABERDEEN – GED classes will be starting on Sept. 8 at 9 a.m. until 12 p.m. at the Aberdeen Housing Authority at 910 Martin Luther King St. For more information, call the Amory GED office at 256-5639.
According the the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office, six individuals have been booked on various charged in relation to a breaking and entering case in August in Smithville. Billy “BJ” Harmon, 24, of Nettleton was arrested Aug. 21, and charged with possession of precursors and possession of a controlled substance. His bond was set at $50,000. […]
According to the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office, the reward for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for shooting Monroe County deputy Eric Sloan Aug. 24 has increased to $11,000. The shooter, who left the scene of the shooting on Highway 45 Alternate near the Okolona exit, was last seen […]
- No matter how fast you go, it’ll still be there by the time you get there August 26, 2015
- I’ll tell you just how good it can be August 29, 2015
- Lady Panthers successful in defending Monroe County tourney title August 29, 2015
- Celebrate National Catfish Month with some new catfish recipes August 30, 2015
- Two dead following Nettleton wreck August 30, 2015
- Reward for deputy shooting case increases September 2, 2015
- Drivers urged to heed school bus safety September 2, 2015
- Monroe Journal faces early holiday deadlines September 2, 2015
- Monroe Journal personnel changes announced September 2, 2015
- Brock’s blasts lift Lady Lions over Hatley September 1, 2015
- Michael: That's why we need better sidewalks and crosswalk...
- Body of missing Bartlett fisherman found - Bartlett ExpressBartlett Express: […] an earlier story about the search effort...
- Helen Whitten: How would itawamba county go about getting these r...
- debbie jones: Why in the world is the bond so low? Is $5000 all ...
- Linda: These folks were operating in Nashville several ye...
Monroe County, MS
City of Aberdeen
City of Amory
Monroe County Chamber of Commerce
Tombigbee Regional Library
Social Security Disability Attorney
Auto Accidents Attorney
Mayfield Law Firm
Thames Family Dentistry