HAMILTON – Amory has come close in the last three Monroe County slow-pitch softball tournaments. On Saturday, the Lady Panthers finished the job. Amory completed a three-game sweep of its fellow county rivals, capped off with a 13-3 win over Hamilton in the final game of the day. “I’m not really sure of the date […]
About Melissa Meador
Author Archive | Melissa Meador
New Hope (0-0) at Aberdeen (1-0) Last week: Aberdeen 42, Shannon 19; New Hope off…Aberdeen QB Josh Williams accounted for five total TDs in the season opener, completing 9 of 12 passing for 181 yards and three scores and another 78 yards and 2 TDs on the ground…B.J. Williams was his leading receiver with two […]
By David Wheeler Special to the Journal NETTLETON – The heat took its toll. There were certainly first-game mistakes. But the Nettleton Tigers and Baldwyn Bearcats opened their 2014 season with an entertaining 48 minutes of high school football Friday, with Baldwyn scoring the winning touchdown late for a 28-25 victory. “It was all about […]
By Rob Williams For the Monroe Journal SHANNON – The Aberdeen Bulldogs’ high octane offense got revenge for last year’s season-opening loss to Shannon when they put 42 points on the board in their victory over the Red Raiders on the road Friday night. Senior QB Josh Williams accounted for five touchdowns, completing 9 of […]
Amory’s defense turned in another stellar performance on Friday night, allowing just five first downs and no touchdowns in the Panthers’ 23-7 season-opening win at Independence. The game stayed locked in a scoreless tie until after halftime. Amory coach Ben Ashley said he didn’t feel like his team had the energy it needed in the […]
Smithville senior Neil Knight is making the adjustment from moving from wide receiver to quarterback this season for the defending Class 1A North champs. Knight showed on Friday he’s already finding success in the role, scoring both Smithville touchdowns in a 13-2 win over Belmont. Knight had a 4-yard scoring run in the third quarter […]
Hatley saw the improvement its football team has made in the last year in Friday’s season-opener against South Pontotoc. They also saw a heartbreaker as South Pontotoc’s Clay Hood hauled in the game-winning 44-yard touchdown as the clock expired in a 27-22 Hatley loss on Friday night. “It was a little screen pass, and we […]
POTTS CAMP – Hamilton running back Keshon Heard showed he’s going to be a force to be reckoned with this season. The junior rushed for 191 yards and three touchdowns in Hamilton’s 43-27 season-opening win over Potts Camp, but it was also a balanced offensive attack for the Lions. Quarterback Byron Butler passed for 137 […]
AMORY – Smithville opened up its slow-pitch softball season on Saturday at the Amory Classic with a pair of dominating wins. “We hit the ball pretty hard today and played pretty good defense. I think that’s all we can ask for. We’re just working hard and trying to get better all the time,” Smithville coach […]
- Nettleton Town Creek Festival seeks vendors August 25, 2014
- Tigers drop heartbreaker to Cougars August 28, 2014
- Knight makes smooth adjustment at QB for Seminoles August 28, 2014
- Subjects from standoff could face multiple charges August 28, 2014
- Aberdeen aldermen approve hires August 29, 2014
- Naturalization ceremony welcomes 53 of nation’s newest citizens September 1, 2014
- MHP issues statewide Amber Alert August 31, 2014
- Kimbrough’s cooking comes from a country raising August 31, 2014
- Lady Panthers win Monroe County tourney August 30, 2014
- Bond set for subjects arrested in standoff August 30, 2014
- Doug Cuthbert: You are correct I am not registered to vote here. ...
- weedeater: Great job for Amory's new mayor! Shoot down the ...
- Frank James: How in the hell was he not charged with intent to ...
- Fred G Sanford: Get Greg Beason to sell some of the scrap junk he ...
- MeriemDZ: Fourteen years ago I walked up on the porch of the...
- Naturalization ceremony welcomes 53 of nation’s newest citizens http://t.co/Ydb28CVRkC 7 hours ago
- MHP issues statewide Amber Alert http://t.co/If2YMG629e 15 hours ago
- Kimbrough’s cooking comes from a country raising http://t.co/rLDsyxJ1g8 1 day ago
- Bond set for subjects arrested in standoff http://t.co/o4sWQh7iBe 2 days ago
- Cotton Transition Assistance Program enrollment begins http://t.co/H58zS4HRGX 2 days ago