Both the Aberdeen Bulldogs and the Nettleton Lady Tigers stormed into Kemper County for the Division 4-3A tournament and took home the championship from the host Wildcats. The win for Aberdeen avenges a regular season loss that gave the Bulldogs the No. 2 seed for the tournament. “It was a huge win for us after […]
About Melissa Meador
Author Archive | Melissa Meador
HAMILTON – The Hamilton Lady Lions made a roar on Thursday night to try to get into the Division 4-1A tournament championship game. Eventually it was Coffeeville who had the final say, converting from the free throw line to ensure the 67-60 win. They would go on to win the division tournament, while Hamilton topped […]
HATLEY – Hatley coach Scott Carter had seen an early lead disappear in the second half for his team in over half of their regular season games. On Tuesday night, it was the Lady Tigers who played the spoiler and grabbed the come-from-behind 51-47 win in the first game of the Divison 1-2A tournament. The […]
By Gene Phelps Daily Journal HAMILTON – Sarah Garvin didn’t want her high school basketball career to end. Hope Manasco wanted a measure of revenge. Myiah Dobbs wanted to be healthy. Together they led Hamilton to a thrilling 36-34 comeback victory Tuesday against Tupelo Christian Prep in the opening round of the Division 4-1A Tournament. […]
By Rob Williams For the Monroe Journal HAMILTON – How do you spell Smithville with two Ds? Dee Stegall and Dee Moore. The sophomore and the senior combined for 32 points in leading the Seminoles to a 55-37 win over TCPS in the opening round of the Division 4-1A tournament in Hamilton on Tuesday night. […]
NETTLETON – Nettleton coach Shelley Walters can pinpoint when she started seeing the chemistry of her team turn around this season. The Lady Tigers had already lost four players to torn ACLs, but battled one of the top 6A teams in the state Tupelo right before Christmas break. Nettleton is seeing those growing pains pay […]
ABERDEEN – Aberdeen opened the basketball season with a win over New Hope. On Tuesday night, the Trojans returned the favor, rallying and capitalizing on Bulldog turnovers late for a 64-62 win over the Bulldogs. Four of Aberdeen’s five losses come at the hands of 5A or larger schools, and head coach Jaworski Rankin said […]
HATLEY – The Hatley Tigers made it two big wins in a matter of three days against county rivals, riding a big lead early on Monday to a 65-42 win over Smithville. Hatley coach Brian McCollum thinks his team is playing its best ball as of late. “We’re peaking at the right time. We’ve been […]
By Brandon Speck Daily Journal Jerrick Orr walks into a gym, thinking about football. Opposing defenses are likely already thinking about him, too. Orr, a reserve guard for Aberdeen basketball, has his name on the minds of recruiters, as well, but he has one more season to impress them enough to offer him a college […]
- DAR honors locals with annual awards February 22, 2015
- Winter weather forces shut downs February 25, 2015
- Lady Tigers come from behind for playoff spot February 25, 2015
- Snow cream is a sweet and easy treat February 25, 2015
- The centurion, the family man, the legend: A look back at Moses Hardy’s life February 26, 2015
- Legislative Update: Week of Feb. 25, 2015 February 28, 2015
- School district saves energy through Ameresco project February 28, 2015
- Bulldogs, Lady Tigers win divison championships February 27, 2015
- Hamilton RB Heard offered by MSU February 27, 2015
- Aberdeen School District to have delayed start February 27, 2015
- Danny Majors: Did the course get purchased lately?...
- Janice Cain: Thanks for that article. I am Presbyterian and man...
- Diva: This lady along with an Amory native, Jo McDivitt,...
- chris: Please notify of related post to krystal and kyle ...
- monroeme: 5 alderman and one recused himself...where I went ...