By David Wheeler Special to the Journal HATTIESBURG – The Tupelo 49ers and Pontotoc Red Sox were almost on the wrong kind of field on Monday. Posting more of a football score in the championship game of the 2015 Senior American Legion State Baseball Tournament, the 49ers survived the heat and a Red Sox comeback […]
About Melissa Meador
Author Archive | Melissa Meador
Former Hatley softball standout Courtney Roberts only needed one season to show her worth at Itawamba Community College. Roberts, who isn’t playing her sophomore season due to starting nursing school, racked up a host of awards as a freshman for the Lady Indians in 2015. “It was definitely a surprise to do so well, and […]
New Amory girls’ basketball coach Paula Wax has worked in the school district for the last several years but is ready to get back on the court to lead the Lady Panthers. “I helped out one year, but that’s been 8-9 years ago. I’d like to hopefully provide some consistency for this program,” Wax said. […]
By Ginna Parsons Daily Journal ABERDEEN – When Bradley Lipsey first married, she could cook only two things – spaghetti and a 1-2-3-4 cake. “Mother was an absolute fantastic cook and while she did not teach us how to cook anything, she did instill in us the notion that you cooked,” said Lipsey, who was […]
By Makenzie Hawkins Special to the Journal Nettleton softball may have a new head coach, but that does not mean Jacob Kidd is unfamiliar with the winning program. Kidd, who was the assistant at Nettleton for five years, is now the head slow-pitch and fast-pitch softball coach for the Nettleton Lady Tigers. “It is a […]
By Makenzie Hawkins Special to the Journal A hole in her labrum and a torn rotator cuff could not stop Nettleton native Hayley Parker from playing the game she loved and finishing out her senior softball season. Parker, a shortstop at Central Arkansas, had surgery the summer before her senior year to try and repair […]
By CAROLYN PARSON For the Monroe Journal ABERDEEN – Hopeful nightclub owner, David Davidson of Chickasaw County, appeared before the board of aldermen July 7 to request an alcohol permit to open his nightclub, LLC Ladies’ Club. Davidson wants to open his club at a facility on Highway 25 that has had several past owners, […]
New Amory fast-pitch softball coach Jason Cobb was ready to be back in the coaching business. Cobb, who spent five seasons at Hamilton and replaced Amir Hunt as the Lady Panthers’ fast-pitch coach in late May, said the four-year break from coaching made him miss it. “I’m really excited about the opportunity, and I feel […]
By Lee Adams LetsGoICC.com Itawamba Community College men’s soccer coach Mike Sullivan has announced that four more sophomores will be continue their careers at the next level. Garrett Trautman of Amory will continue his career at Missouri S&T. Dylan Howard of Starkville heads south to play for Mississippi College. Olive Branch natives Karter Porter and […]
- Amory man booked for accessory after the fact, firearm charges July 27, 2015
- Monroe County ranked in top 5 percent in nation for growth July 30, 2015
- Freshman phenom: Roberts makes big impact in lone ICC season July 30, 2015
- Hamilton’s community spirit to shine with its appreciation day July 31, 2015
- JA, DreamRiders ringing in new school year with Saturday celebrations July 31, 2015
- Seniors celebrate Christmas in July August 2, 2015
- Bailey cooks to please her family August 2, 2015
- C2C program provides opportunity for work experience August 1, 2015
- ICC to offer Preparing for the ACT August 1, 2015
- Decomposed body found on Splunge Road July 31, 2015
- Michael: That's why we need better sidewalks and crosswalk...
- Body of missing Bartlett fisherman found - Bartlett ExpressBartlett Express: […] an earlier story about the search effort...
- Helen Whitten: How would itawamba county go about getting these r...
- debbie jones: Why in the world is the bond so low? Is $5000 all ...
- Linda: These folks were operating in Nashville several ye...