The Aberdeen Bulldogs foresaw this week’s Class 3A North finals matchup with Charleston. After all, last season was the first time the two haven’t met in the playoffs since 2010, and it’s the sixth meeting in the last eight years – the fourth straight time the Bulldogs travel to Charleston. “The guys are excited about […]
About Melissa Meador
Author Archive | Melissa Meador
The Smithville Seminoles know they may be the underdogs in this week’s Class 1A North finals. After all, Hollandale Simmons comes into the matchup with a 10-0 record and off a 75-point performance against West Lowndes last week. But the Seminoles (13-1) embrace not being the favorites. “This is where we want to be. We’ll […]
By Rob Williams For the Monroe Journal ABERDEEN – Despite outstanding individual performances in both games, Aberdeen came up short in a double-bill against Shannon on Thursday night at the Aberdome. Freshman Jasmine Braylock put up a triple-double in the girls’ game, and Queshod Young led all scorers in the boys’ game with 23 points, […]
SMITHVILLE – It was all about the extras in Smithville’s Class 1A state quarterfinals win over Shaw. Daniel Smith blocked an extra point that would have tied the game, while Nate Ward nailed his retry on a kick that ended up being the difference- maker in the 14-13 win to set the Seminoles up to […]
By Gene Phelps Daily Journal CLEVELAND – The scoring summary from Aberdeen’s 28-6 Class 3A state quarterfinals victory Friday against Cleveland East Side will show Jerrick Orr scored two points. The senior wide receiver/defensive back and Memphis commit, as always, contributed a whole lot more. His pass interception late in the first half prevented an […]
By Dennis Clayton New Albany Gazette NEW ALBANY – Amory swept New Albany last Tuesday night with a 4-0 shutout in the boys’ match and a 2-1 win in the girls’ contest. The matches were played in steady winds with gusts over 30 miles per hour that greatly affected play. New Albany had no answer […]
AMORY – In a barnburner last Tuesday night, the Amory Lady Panthers edged out Nettleton 51-47 courtesy of key free throws late. “This was a huge win for us. Our seniors stepped up and played big tonight,” Amory coach Paula Wax said. “Miracle (Jones) stepped up and made some big free throws for us at […]
By Rob Williams For the Monroe Journal HATLEY – The Hatley Tigers scored 72 points last Tuesday night, and they needed every one of them to earn the 72-67 win over the Tremont Eagles. AJ Blaylock dropped in 28 points for the Tigers, including 11 of 12 from the line with most of his baskets […]
SMITHVILLE – Still awaiting the return of football players, including starter Dee Moore, Smithville basketball coach Nick Coln is pleased with the 4-0 start by his Seminoles. Much of that hot start has been due to senior Kylar Poole, who dropped 30 points in the 62-51 win over West Union on Thursday night. “We’ve been […]
- Aberdeen’s food service is top of the line November 22, 2015
- Former Amory Garment tree goes up for the season November 26, 2015
- Aberdeen drops roundball doubleheader to Shannon November 26, 2015
- Aberdeen aldermen table purchase requests November 27, 2015
- Amory aldermen interview school board appointees November 27, 2015
- Circle of saws: Friends cut Itawamba man’s last load of logs November 29, 2015
- Amory man started cooking at a young age November 29, 2015
- ICC representatives visit area WIN centers November 28, 2015
- Rural hospitals are at risk November 28, 2015
- Bulldogs aiming to get over Charleston hump November 27, 2015
- Marty Harris: I hope that they do get the speeders slowed down b...
- Scott: Thanks Chris, cool to see you guys doing these thi...
- Kelly Wolfe: Dr. Neil Wanee had been our family doctor for 28 y...
- Carlos: This sounds really nice. I think it not possible d...
- WeldingTodayDotCom : Good thing that women also are showing their inter...