Amory first baseman and outfielder Cody Pate will take his baseball career to the next level, signing on Thursday to play next season at Itawamba Community College. “I’m very excited about signing,” Pate said. “I wanted to go to ICC because it’s close to home, and I know a lot of the players there already. […]
About Melissa Meador
Author Archive | Melissa Meador
AMORY – For the second year in a row, four Monroe County football teams got to see how they measured up against a host of other teams at this year’s Amory Iron Man Shootout. Host Amory, Aberdeen, Hamilton and Hatley all competed in the tournament, which combined 7-on-7 action with a competition for each school’s […]
NEW ALBANY – For the second year in a row, the Amory Panthers made a deep run through the summer NEMCABB tournament, beating Corinth and East Union to reach the quarterfinals. On Tuesday, the Panthers pounded out 13 runs in a 13-4 route of East Union, while they had 10 hits in 6 innings of […]
NEW ALBANY – In a battle of two North half runnerups, Lafayette took advantage of a key fifth inning run to edge out Hatley 4-3 and eliminate them from this week’s NEMCABB Tournament. The two teams exchanged the lead three times in the five inning game. “They got the big hits, and we didn’t, and […]
AMORY – In an offensively dominated game, the Amory Panthers came out on top with two timely runs in the fifth inning of an 11-8 win over New Hope in the final game of the NEMCABB regionals on Friday afternoon. Amory, hosting the regionals portion of the tournament this year, grabbed the No. 2 seed […]
MOOREVILLE – The tides turned the Hatley Tigers’ way in their second game of the day at the NEMCABB tournament regionals at Mooreville on Thursday. After suffering a 13-4 loss in the first game against host Mooreville, the Tigers walked off against Mantachie for a 5-3 win on a double by Clay Pearson right before […]
PONTOTOC – Smithville’s Ashtyn Hensley watched her Lady Nole teammates blast numerous home runs in the fall on the way to their 2014 slow-pitch softball state title. Hensley never hit a long ball herself in her high school career – until Thursday night. Hensley’s walkoff solo shot won the 18-17 slugfest for East all-stars in […]
FULTON – The Amory soccer Panthers continued their blistering pace this summer, getting into the championship game of Tuesday’s ICC 7-on-7 Tournament and battling 6A Tupelo into a 2-1 loss in overtime. The Panthers beat Tishomingo County, Mooreville and Tupelo’s second team earlier in the day to get into the tournament finals. “Tupelo is a […]
By Brandon Speck Daily Journal Jerrick Orr wears No. 4. They call him “Seven.” Memphis wants to call him a Tiger. The senior Aberdeen WR/DB picked up his first offer this week, from Memphis following camp there. A confident Orr called that shot at Saturday’s Tupelo Combine and he is following the Memphis camp immediately […]
- Parade, park dedication celebrate Fourth of July June 26, 2015
- Texting while driving, inspection sticker abolishment among new state laws July 1, 2015
- Aberdeen shows its patriotism and its pride for Acker Park July 1, 2015
- Amory representative in Miss Mississippi pageant July 1, 2015
- Panthers take pair of games at NEMCABB July 1, 2015
- Amory’s Pate signs with ICC July 3, 2015
- Opinions will wave long after the state flag issue dies down, so learn to tolerate them July 3, 2015
- Amory girls sell lemonade for food pantry July 3, 2015
- Amory Shootout gives football teams early measuring stick July 2, 2015
- Voter registration ends Saturday July 2, 2015
- Linda: These folks were operating in Nashville several ye...
- Ty: If what the writer said were true,minor traffic st...
- Ray Van Dusen: That contact number is 640-2043. Have a blast if y...
- KMyhand: Any contact information or details on how to book ...
- Johndoe: Does Glen Bingham even live in AMory....I thought ...