AMORY – Addie Forbus made her impact right away in her freshman season on the Ole Miss soccer team. The former Amory standout who set the Mississippi high school record for goals scored picked up where she left off, scoring the first goal of the season for the Rebels in their season opener against Louisiana-Lafayette. […]
About Melissa Meador
Author Archive | Melissa Meador
Former Hamilton standout Chase Reeves feels like things have come full circle now that he’s heading down to Hattiesburg after signing to play baseball with the University of Southern Mississippi. The Golden Eagles recruited Reeves, a 2011 graduate, out of high school where he led Hamilton to the 2010 2A North title before he signed […]
New Hatley girls’ basketball coach Scott Carter has returned to his roots. Carter, a Hatley grad, takes over the girls’ basketball program at his alma mater after the retirement of veteran coach Terry Walters in June. “Hatley is very special to me. It’s home, where I’ve grown up and played. I spent countless hours in […]
By Melissa Meador Monroe Journal Makenzie Hawkins could have more state championship rings than her hands will hold by the time her college softball career is over. The former Nettleton standout, who won five state titles with the Lady Tigers – two slow-pitch and three fast-pitch – picked up her second straight state championship at […]
By Brandon Speck Daily Journal HOOVER, Ala. – Channing Ward was always the best player on the field at Aberdeen High School. One of the jewels of Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze’s first recruiting class at defensive end, he is still finding his place with the Rebels. Freeze said Thursday from SEC Media Days it […]
Hatley found itself out of the Class 2A playoffs for the first time in the last three seasons but finished the 2014 season with one advantage – they return all but one starter for next season. “I feel like that’s definitely one thing that helped us have a good summer,” Hatley coach John Harris said […]
Amory lost three key pieces that helped it capture the Division 1-4A fast-pitch crown this summer. Lady Panthers coach Amir Hunt is getting a head start on finding who will fill those spots with his young team competing in the ICC/Mooreville summer softball league. The league wrapped up last Monday with Amory falling to East […]
Nettleton coach Will Hawkins set up a busy summer baseball season for his Tigers, who were a game away from the Class 3A state championship this past season. The Tigers, however, will be missing a few key pieces from that team, including starting pitcher J.J. Chaney and outfielders Levert Jernigan and Jacob Green. “We lost […]
NEW ALBANY – Amory found the offense it lacked in the regional round of the annual NEMCABB summer baseball tournament in the first game of the championship round on Monday. After getting swept in the regional round at Fulton on Thursday and Friday, the Panthers pounded out 10 hits in five innings of a 9-1 […]
- Amory Museum begins “Save the Cabin” campaign August 18, 2014
- MCSO arrests Aberdeen man on possession charge August 18, 2014
- City abandons alley way in neighborhood dispute August 15, 2014
- Amory man arrested for possession of marijuana August 18, 2014
- Local patient information believed to have been obtained by Chinese hackers August 18, 2014
- Make-A-Wish Foundation grants Disney trip to Hatley teen August 20, 2014
- Deadlines approach for ICC fall semester August 20, 2014
- Spreitler takes seat on State Board of Education August 20, 2014
- MDOT mandates force mobile home transports away from Highway 8 August 20, 2014
- Cruisin’ Flashback event a throwback to when Amory thrived August 20, 2014
- Frank James: How in the hell was he not charged with intent to ...
- Fred G Sanford: Get Greg Beason to sell some of the scrap junk he ...
- MeriemDZ: Fourteen years ago I walked up on the porch of the...
- Tired of Giving: What happened to all of the money from the sale of...
- Poster: How small town can you get? Did anyone really ex...
- Make-A-Wish Foundation grants Disney trip to Hatley teen http://t.co/emAnQoHils 5 hours ago
- Deadlines approach for ICC fall semester http://t.co/AWmCoWz7wx 8 hours ago
- Spreitler takes seat on State Board of Education http://t.co/VH1b7kxhCU 14 hours ago
- MDOT mandates force mobile home transports away from Highway 8 http://t.co/PlVRScQ4Lr 14 hours ago
- Cruisin’ Flashback event a throwback to when Amory thrived http://t.co/TOPTGb5KWC 15 hours ago