AMORY – The Amory Panthers’ 10-0 win over New Albany on Friday night gave them a boost in their first round Class 4A playoff series, but had a more special meaning for head coach Chad Williams, marking his 300th win. “It’s really special,” Williams said. “The main thing is it means I’ve had great players, […]
About Melissa Meador
Author Archive | Melissa Meador
SMITHVILLE – The Smithville Seminoles dispatched of their first round opponent easily in a doubleheader on Friday afternoon, topping JFK with quick 15-0 and 14-0 wins. “We tend to start slow in games like this. Basically they have to adjust a little bit to the speed of the pitching,” Smithville coach Jamie Edwards said. “Finally […]
Amory native Brian Pearson finally has his timing right to become the head basketball coach of the Panthers. “I’m a little overwhelmed but I’m just very excited to be back here at Amory,” Pearson said. “It’s always something that in the back of my mind, I knew if I ever got the opportunity to come […]
The Amory track team had several move on from Saturday’s regional meet at Pontotoc to compete in this week’s Class 4A North half meet. The boys’ team placed second behind Senatobia led by wins in three events. The 4X200 relay team of Immanuel Jones, Martavious Walker, Tamarcus Hardy and Austin Carter won and set a […]
By Rob Williams For the Monroe Journal HAMILTON – Shelby Broadstreet traveled to Hamilton on Friday for a doubleheader to open the Class 1A baseball playoffs. The Lions were not very polite to their guests, scoring 32 runs while giving up none to take the two-game series by scores of 21-0 and 11-0. Senior Wesley […]
HATLEY – After a loss in the first game of their Class 3A softball play-in round, the Hatley Lady Tigers regrouped in a big way on Saturday afternoon. Hatley pounded out an 18-8 win in Game 2, then walked it off in a back-and-forth 8-7 victory in Game 3 to take the series against Water […]
By Rob Williams For the Monroe Journal HAMILTON – Pitching and defense ruled the day on Friday when Myrtle came to Hamilton for the play-in round of the Class 1A softball playoffs as the Lady Lions came alive late for a 10-0 win. The two teams split on Saturday in Games 2 and 3 with […]
AMORY – The Amory Lady Panthers tried to mount a rally late against division winner Corinth, but it fell just short on Wednesday afternoon. The Lady Panthers scored all six of their runs in the final two innings, but the Lady Warriors held on for a 7-6 win. “We have to put something together early. […]
SMITHVILLE – True to fashion in one of the biggest softball rivalries, Smithville and Hamilton battled to the wire last Tuesday night. The homestanding Lady Noles came away with the 7-6 walkoff win when Hailey Hughey reached on an error in the seventh in what could be a preview of the North championship series in […]
- Wren remembers five-year tornado milestone of its own April 27, 2016
- Lions roar through opening round of baseball playoffs April 29, 2016
- Monroe County Sheriff’s Office makes controlled substance arrests April 29, 2016
- Strong storm system moves through county April 29, 2016
- Social Security Knowledge Center: “The truth” April 30, 2016
- Dancy named a national Wendy’s Student Heisman Award recipient May 3, 2016
- Survey shows changing perception of Aberdeen School District May 3, 2016
- Presley holds town hall meeting for citizens to voice concerns May 3, 2016
- East Amory students display talents through poster competition May 3, 2016
- SYTYCD show finalist and actor brother teach classes at AIM May 2, 2016
- Laurenda Richardson: Thank You Ray !!!! Very good article!!!...
- Shanette Loan: There was a time in my life that I waited for the ...
- Bessie: This is a blessing! I worked with Lori many years ...
- Deb Webb: Hey Trent- I loved your voice from the beginnin...
- Demetrice Herron: That is awesome... May god bless the both of you!!...