BY DENNIS CLAYTON New Albany Gazette HAMILTON – The Hamilton Lions fought back from an early two-touchdown deficit, but the visiting Urchins of East Union were able to stave off the attack and take a 30-26 win on Friday. “The key to the game was that we had two botched snaps on punts, and we […]
About Melissa Meador
Author Archive | Melissa Meador
By David Wheeler Special to the Journal SHANNON – Loosely put, the Shannon Red Raiders and Nettleton Tigers are still smoothing out the rough edges on their respective 2015 seasons. Both teams might need to take a steamroller to their rough edges, but Shannon had more than enough explosive plays Friday to claim a 34-13 […]
NETTLETON – The Nettleton Lady Tigers scored early and then late on the way to a 9-2 win over Corinth on Thursday night. Nettleton (3-1) scored four in the first inning and three in their final at bat of the night. “The girls came out ready to play, doing things right, and we jumped on […]
HATLEY – Hamilton sophomore Taylor Brock is off to a hot start this slow-pitch softball season. The second baseman blasted her fourth and fifth home runs of the young season in the Lady Lions’ 13-3 win over county rival Hatley on Aug. 25. “She’s having a great year so far,” Hamilton coach Bryan Loague said. […]
FULTON – Smithville posted an early lead on Aug. 24 against Itawamba AHS and held off the Lady Indians’ late charge on the way to a 9-4 slow-pitch softball win. “We did a good job limiting the damage late in the game,” Smithville coach Jeremy Duke said. “They had the top of the lineup coming […]
HATLEY – The Amory Lady Panthers remained undefeated and successfully defended their Monroe County tournament title on Saturday. Amory (6-0) beat Hatley 12-0 in its final game of the day, blasted six home runs in a 22-4 route of Smithville and pulled out a 5-4 extra innings win over Hamilton. “We showed up and played […]
Aberdeen 32, New Hope 27 Amory 34, Saltillo 29 East Union 30, Hamilton 26 Shannon 34, Nettleton 13 Smithville 28, Hatley 14
Aberdeen (0-1) at New Hope (0-1) Last week: Corinth 21, Aberdeen 20; Louisville 20, New Hope 3…Quarterback Tramonte Prather and wide receiver Jerrick Orr hooked up for a pair of touchdowns against Corinth in the loss, including one with 24 seconds to go…The Bulldogs trailed 21-6 before having a shot to win in the closing […]
The Smithville Seminoles opened their season on Friday night in come from behind fashion. Down 26-14 in the closing minutes of the third quarter, the Noles rallied to score 21 unanswered points for a 35-26 season-opening win. “It was looking pretty bleak there for a little while,” Smithville coach Chad Collums said. “Our boys never […]
- City employee comp time a talking point for Aberdeen aldermen August 27, 2015
- Gilmore Memorial to host fall health seminar series August 31, 2015
- Joint effort helps fund Fairways Drive bridge project at golf course September 1, 2015
- Smiles to Go serves Hamilton students with dental ministry September 1, 2015
- Broadband service to be extended to more than 130,000 potential rural customers September 1, 2015
- Lions’ comeback falls short September 2, 2015
- Shannon pounces early on Nettleton September 2, 2015
- Big innings carry Lady Tigers in win September 2, 2015
- Reward for deputy shooting case increases September 2, 2015
- Drivers urged to heed school bus safety September 2, 2015
- Michael: That's why we need better sidewalks and crosswalk...
- Body of missing Bartlett fisherman found - Bartlett ExpressBartlett Express: […] an earlier story about the search effort...
- Helen Whitten: How would itawamba county go about getting these r...
- debbie jones: Why in the world is the bond so low? Is $5000 all ...
- Linda: These folks were operating in Nashville several ye...