NETTLETON – Nettleton junior Brianna Holland started her team’s all-day tournament off on the right note on Saturday morning. Holland blasted a walkoff solo homer to give the Lady Tigers a 10-9 win over Hamilton in the first game of the Nettleton Tournament. It was her second long ball and fourth hit of the game. […]
About Melissa Meador
Author Archive | Melissa Meador
Aberdeen (3-3) at Mooreville (1-4) Last week: Shannon 21, Aberdeen 20; Independence 36, Mooreville 0…Tramonte Prather threw TD passes to B.J. Williams and Dorian Fears in the loss…Defensively, Tay Carothers had a pick six and a sack…Only time this season the Bulldogs have had back-to-back losses…These two teams were last division rivals in 2012…Aberdeen won […]
The Smithville Seminoles wasted no time scoring on Friday night. Smithville jumped on visiting Coldwater quickly, leading 20-0 after the first quarter on their way to a 40-8 Division 1-1A win. “We started off really hot,” Smithville coach Chad Collums said. “We forced a couple of turnovers early on and scored our first touchdown on […]
The Hamilton Lions are still searching for their first win of the season after a 38-20 loss to Thrasher on homecoming on Friday night. First-year Hamilton coach Josh Baty said one of the positives in the loss was developing a new running back in the wake of senior Keshon Heard quitting the team. Freshman Noah […]
HATLEY – Nettleton’s lone senior Brittany Adams came through big twice on Thursday night. Adams hit a pair of long balls in the Lady Tigers’ 8-7 division win over Hatley, including the game-winner in the top of the 10th inning. “Brittany came through with two home runs that were really big. That’s why she’s in […]
By Rob Williams Monroe Journal HATLEY – Keyshawn Forshee only touched the football five times on Friday night, but the Hatley freshman made the most of his opportunites. Forshee had 148 rushing yards and three touchdowns to lead the Tigers to a 56-0 rout of Houlka. The Tigers scored on their first opportunity, starting from […]
ABERDEEN – For the second time this season, the Aberdeen Bulldogs were on the wrong end of a one-point loss. Shannon scored the go-ahead touchdown with nearly 8 minutes to go, and while the Bulldogs answered with a score of their own, their two-point conversion for the lead failed, as the Red Raiders held on […]
The Amory Panthers wrapped up the nondivision portion of their schedule with a 42-7 loss on the road at private school Northpoint Christian on Friday night. “We didn’t play very well in any facet of the game, but the bright spot is that nobody got hurt,” Amory coach Ben Ashley said. “The preseason is over, […]
AMORY – It took Amory three innings to get going on Thursday night, but once their bats came to life, the Lady Panthers made quick work in an 11-1 division win over Tishomingo County. Amory scored 10 runs over the final three innings, including five in the sixth to end the game. “When we caught […]
- Student’s architectural skills going to the dogs September 29, 2015
- Adams hits game-winner for Nettleton over Hatley October 1, 2015
- Lions score late in loss to Thrasher October 1, 2015
- Seminoles jump out quickly in division rout of Coldwater October 1, 2015
- Mammograms topic of Gilmore hospital’s next health seminar October 2, 2015
- Local chapters host National DAR Day of Service October 6, 2015
- MCSO arrests two on separate charges October 5, 2015
- Amory police make drug arrest October 5, 2015
- Amory High School to host robotic competition October 5, 2015
- Pageant queens promoting reading for Amory School District’s literacy night October 5, 2015
- shelia allen: i have said this before and I will say it again yo...
- Michael: That's why we need better sidewalks and crosswalk...
- Body of missing Bartlett fisherman found - Bartlett ExpressBartlett Express: […] an earlier story about the search effort...
- Helen Whitten: How would itawamba county go about getting these r...
- debbie jones: Why in the world is the bond so low? Is $5000 all ...