HAMILTON – Hamilton got a strong pitching performance from Cheyenne Logan and knocked off a 2-0 start to the season on Saturday, beating Caledonia 6-0 and New Hope 7-6. Logan struck out eight and allowed five hits in the win over Caledonia to open the day. “Cheyenne pitched well and did a good job today […]
About Melissa Meador
Author Archive | Melissa Meador
AMORY – Two days fresh off basketball, Drew Lann showed he was ready for baseball season, throwing a complete game and picking up the season-opening 6-2 win over Amory on Saturday. “He’s been coming and throwing with us even during basketball, and we knew we were going to be counting on Drew a lot this […]
ABERDEEN – Aberdeen found itself one point away from getting back to the Big House on Friday night. With the Bulldogs hanging on to a late two-point lead after seeing a commanding third-quarter advantage disappear, East Side’s Clarence Stewart sank a three-pointer with seven seconds to go for the 65-64 win and the end of […]
Last week, I commented on how quickly basketball season seems to wind down. This past week, it ended in a hurry and with a bang (and a certain ill-timed three-pointer) on Thursday and Friday. On Tuesday, three of the four teams that made it past division tournaments won to make North half and have a […]
BIGGERSVILLE – Ingomar rode another fast start to a dominating 71-26 win over Smithville on Thursday night in the boys’ Class 1A North tournament. The Falcons (26-10) held Smithville to just seven half points on their way to being just a win away from the state tournament. “Early on, they couldn’t miss a shot and […]
For the Monroe Journal BOONEVILLE – Nettleton scored the first eight points in their first game of the Class 3A girls’ North state tournament but host Booneville took control from there for the 70-42 win on Thursday night. The loss sent the Lady Tigers home two games shy of making the state championship tournament. Jabria […]
By Rob Williams For the Monroe Journal ABERDEEN – Paraphrasing an old adage, “If you can’t run with the Bulldogs, stay on the porch.” The Aberdeen Bulldogs put the Humphreys County Cowboys on the porch early and kept them there in their 106-41 blowout win in the opening round of the Class 3A North State […]
SMITHVILLE – Smithville has made a habit of come-from-behind wins in the 2014 postseason. The Seminoles overcame a 13-point halftime deficit to down Shelby Broad Street 51-44 in the first round of the Class 1A boys’ North state tournament. “That’s what we’ve been doing lately. I told them at halftime that I didn’t think the […]
Baseball and softball teams got their first taste of action in 2014 on Saturday – though it won’t be in the record books. Three baseball teams – Hamilton, Nettleton and Aberdeen – hosted baseball jamborees on Saturday, while Amory traveled to Oxford for its preseason action. Amory and Hamilton softball both made the trip to […]
- Cajun cuisine makes for festive Fat Tuesday March 2, 2014
- Lady Tigers fall to host Booneville at North half March 5, 2014
- Noles can’t dig out of early hole at North half March 5, 2014
- Spring tornado season moves into area March 6, 2014
- Middle schoolers enter world of 1:1 learning initiative March 6, 2014
- Lady Lions roll out to a 2-0 start at classic March 8, 2014
- Flower Lovers educated on pollination March 8, 2014
- Renasant Bank celebrates 110 years of service March 8, 2014
- Lann goes the distance as Noles top Panthers March 7, 2014
- Parvin defense puts focus on accidental discharge March 7, 2014
- ForAmory\'sGrowth: All that has been said is that the voters need to ...
- ForAmory\'sGrowth: I want to support you! I did check the records of...
- Doug Cuthbert: My son Josh Cuthbert and I own property in Amory a...
- itspersonal: Since the end of the conflict in 1865 we in the So...
- itspersonal: The records of Amory City Clerk Lee Barnett show t...
- Flower Lovers educated on pollination http://t.co/3TYkollLie 8 hours ago
- Renasant Bank celebrates 110 years of service http://t.co/0X1SBsKhEE 8 hours ago
- Parvin defense puts focus on accidental discharge http://t.co/2csKg61IZh 1 day ago
- Ideas generated for Livable Communities grant http://t.co/SLOHeOfDqe 1 day ago
- ASD community engagement council outlines ways to bridge school district, community divide http://t.co/ye229uZa5U 1 day ago