Hamilton picked up its fourth straight Division 1-1A win on Friday night on the road, topping Biggersville 38-6. The Lions got another big week out of junior running back Keshon Heard, as he accounted for two scores, but also saw their passing game shine on Friday night. “They were geared up to stop the run, […]
About Melissa Meador
Author Archive | Melissa Meador
BY BRANDON SPECK Daily Journal ABERDEEN – Aberdeen drove down Louisville’s throat, on one drive. Then the Wildcats fed the Journal’s No. 1 medium school a 37-6 beating Friday at Lester Miley Stadium. The defending Class 3A champs got touchdowns from five players, Demarcus Brooks’ 7-yard run for a 17-6 lead in the second quarter. […]
Nettleton found its road trip tough on Friday night as they fell 50-6 on the road to Kemper County. The Tigers got their lone score on a 20-yard pass from Colton Ausbern to Dre Smith. Nettleton coach Mike Scott complimented the athleticism of Kemper County. “It’s just the speed they have that caused us a […]
AMORY – Amory overcame a shaky, 9-4 loss in Game 2 to take its second round, Class 4A playoff series 2-1 against Houston on Saturday. “When you beat someone like that in the first game, it gets mentally tough, but this time of the year, you can’t do that,” said Amory coach Chris Pace, whose […]
By Rob Williams For the Monroe Journal SMITHVILLE – It didn’t take long for Smithville to earn its berth in the Class 1A North state finals on Saturday. The Lady Noles played a total of six innings in two games, beating Jumpertown 24-0 and 22-4 to advance. “We hit the ball a lot better today […]
By Kedrick Storey Southern Sentinel HAMILTON – The Hamilton Lady Lions blasted their way to their fourth consecutive North Half championship series with a sweep of the Falkner Lady Eagles on Saturday. Hamilton (24-6), the defending 1A champs, hit five home runs in Game 1 to win 10-0 in five innings. They kept it going […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON New Albany Gazette INGOMAR – Lane Kennedy and Breanna Edgeworth supplied the home runs when Smithville needed a big hit and helped the Lady Noles to a 2-0 sweep of Ingomar in the opening round of slow pitch playoffs on Thursday. Kennedy hit a two-run homer in game one and a leadoff […]
HAMILTON – Hamilton’s Hailee Jones has thrived on seeing her teammate Addie Thompson intentionally walked in front of her. Jones, a junior first baseman, blasted three home runs in that situation on Tuesday as the Lady Lions swept Myrtle 11-4, 16-0 in the first round of the Class 1A slow-pitch playoffs. “I just want to […]
NETTLETON – Nettleton coach Dana Rhea crossed two numbers off his list on Thursday night. “We started today eight wins away from our goal,” Rhea said. “We’re counting down and finding something to get our minds on the goal. It’s something we can have fun and relax with.” The Lady Tigers (26-4) trimmed that number […]
- Bukka White Festival celebrates the blues this weekend October 17, 2014
- Kennedy, Edgeworth power Smithville in first round win October 21, 2014
- Well. Now that that’s over and done with….. October 22, 2014
- Monroe County school districts opt to keep 2013 rankings October 22, 2014
- Data reveals need for pre-kindergarten education October 22, 2014
- Laughter is one of the best medicines for centurion October 24, 2014
- Miss Mississippi State University crowned at best time to be a Bulldog October 24, 2014
- Lions cruise at Biggersville October 23, 2014
- Bulldogs blasted by defending champions October 23, 2014
- Tigers blasted at Kemper October 23, 2014
- Business Owner of Amory: There is crime in Amory. There are drugs in Amory....
- louis vaughan: over the years I guess is what kept amory the cit...
- Laurenda: Excellent story Ray!!!...
- Ken Holmes: Gilbert Whitehead was an employee of mine while he...
- Busted: This guy has had more chances than I can count. Lo...
- Laughter is one of the best medicines for centurion http://t.co/6MmyRSA1vU 46 mins ago
- Miss Mississippi State University crowned at best time to be a Bulldog http://t.co/nlJmpewbYP 51 mins ago
- Alleged wild ride leads to multiple charges for Aberdeen man http://t.co/kRTatdQaW4 21 hours ago
- MCSO launches annual Christmas Toy Drive http://t.co/MpkdsZpy2z 22 hours ago
- County is not immune to domestic violence http://t.co/4ezrHJBPLS 1 day ago