Louisville 37, Aberdeen 6 Amory 36, Shannon 14 Hamilton 38, Biggersville 6 Hatley 19, Mantachie 7 Kemper County 50, Nettleton 6 Smithville 34, Vardaman 6
About Melissa Meador
Author Archive | Melissa Meador
Louisville (4-4, 2-0 Division 4-3A) at Aberdeen (6-2, 2-0 Division 4-3A) Last week: Aberdeen 40, Kemper County 36; Louisville 52, South Pontotoc 0…QB Josh Williams’ 45-yard TD run with 5:52 to go lifted the Bulldogs over Kemper County last week…Williams also had an 11-yard scoring run and caught Parish Cratic for a 14-yard score…Louisville is […]
AMORY – Amory got revenge on the team that put them out of last year’s playoffs in a big way, blasting Pontotoc 36-0 to even up their Division 1-4A record. “We talked a lot this week about the fact that Pontotoc broke our hearts last year,” Amory coach Ben Ashley said. “They were definitely reminded […]
By Rob Williams For the Monroe Journal NETTLETON – Watching the visitors warm up before the game, Nettleton injured senior quarterback Jordan Smith said. “They don’t have a lot of players, but the ones they have are big and athletic.” The bigger, more athletic Winona Tigers took advantage of Nettleton mistakes to jump out to […]
By Melissa Meador and Brandon Speck Monroe Journal Aberdeen passed the first of two huge tests on Friday night with a 40-36 win at Kemper County. The Journal’s No. 1 medium school hosts Louisville this week. Thanks to Josh Williams’ 45-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter, the Bulldogs won the back-and-forth affair to improve […]
Hamilton running back Keshon Heard took an already stellar season to another level on Friday night. The junior piled up 320 yards on 11 carries and found the endzone four times in the Lions’ 36-22 win over Thrasher on Friday night. “When we needed something big to happen on Friday night, we put the ball […]
Turnovers plagued Hatley on their Friday road trip to obvious Division 1-2A favorite Baldwyn. The Tigers turned the ball over three times in the first half with the Bearcats taking advantage of all three on their way to a 57-0 win. “You can’t turn the ball over three times in the first half against a […]
Smithville was shut out on the road on Friday night, falling 33-0 in a weather-shortened game to Division 1-1A favorite Falkner. “We were a little outmatched athletically, and between the long trip over there and the weather, it was a bad recipe,” Smithville coach Chad Collums said. “On top of all that, we didn’t play […]
HAMILTON – County slow-pitch softball rivals Hamilton and Hatley fought to the end on Thursday night. Hamilton overcame an 8-4 deficit midway through the game for a 9-8 walkoff in the bottom of the seventh. Lacey Holley’s RBI single scored Hallie Dobbs for the win. “We came through with the big hit at the end […]
- Unofficial results indicate Amory will remain dry October 15, 2014
- Nettleton woman arrested for Possession of Ice October 17, 2014
- Trio of friends sew hats for cancer patients October 13, 2014
- Tigers can’t overcome miscues at Baldwyn October 16, 2014
- Lions’ Heard dominates against Rebels October 16, 2014
- Cancer proves to be Rowe’s blessing from a curse October 20, 2014
- Program serves underserved, underinsured candidates October 20, 2014
- Wall believes in quality and healthy food October 19, 2014
- School board honors fallen member October 19, 2014
- Importance of Call Before You Dig campaign stressed to planning committee October 18, 2014
- kyle ruff: I miss you...
- Business Owner of Amory: There is crime in Amory. There are drugs in Amory....
- louis vaughan: over the years I guess is what kept amory the cit...
- Laurenda: Excellent story Ray!!!...
- Ken Holmes: Gilbert Whitehead was an employee of mine while he...
- Wall believes in quality and healthy food http://t.co/OSMeFeC8in 21 hours ago
- School board honors fallen member http://t.co/on2597hJGI 21 hours ago
- Importance of Call Before You Dig campaign stressed to planning committee http://t.co/NANNaVSzUD 2 days ago
- Monroe County Career Technical Center holds annual fall festival http://t.co/BkGanRSxus 2 days ago
- Monroe football scores: Week 9 http://t.co/dHKSpNH7Vg 2 days ago