AMORY – A back alley dispute between two Amory residents was the focus of the regular-called meeting of the board of aldermen July 15. Michael Freed stated that he put up a fence around the backyard of his 4th Street home in June 2013 after talking it over with his neighbors, who all said they […]
About Emily Tubb
Author Archive | Emily Tubb
AMORY – Petitions from the Let’s Grow Amory movement calling for a vote on whether or not to permit the sale of alcohol within the city were turned in to Amory City Clerk Lee Barnett July 9 and, according to Let’s Grow member Doug Cuthbert, the needed numbers are there. “After our last push, we […]
AMORY – After several informal meetings to discuss the best way to promote the city, the Amory Visitors Bureau was officially named and committees and chairpersons were finalized July 8. “We have a rich railroad past, a phenomenal museum, a beautiful armory, an A-rated school district, wonderful medical facilities and so much more. We’re just […]
HAMILTON – After a few years hiatus, Hamilton Appreciation Day returns Saturday, July 19 at Hamilton School gymnasium. The event, which was started more than 20 years ago, raises money for the school, library, the volunteer fire department and local nonprofit groups. “We haven’t had one since 2011 when we were told that we had […]
AMORY – Amory School District Superintendent Tony Cook confirmed that the district will request a $66,998 shortfall to make up for poor tax collections in 2014 at the July 10 meeting of the Amory School Board. “The shortfall request is due to a deficit in tax collections. What people need to understand is that, if […]
AMORY – City Clerk Lee Barnett confirmed that he has received petitions calling for a referendum to vote on alcohol sales within the city. After verifying the petitions have been signed by at least 20 percent of the city’s registered voters, Barnett will present the numbers to the board of aldermen. No official word on […]
ABERDEEN – A jailer with the Monroe Sheriff’s Department has been fired following an internal investigation that found he had an inappropriate relationship with a female inmate. “I fired him. It was a consensual relationship, but I’m not gonna put up with any hanky panky,” said Sheriff Cecil Cantrell. According to Cantrell, the alleged relationship […]
ABERDEEN – Aberdeen Building Inspector David Low and Aberdeen Police Chief Henry Randle appeared in Lee County Circuit Court Monday morning before Judge Thomas Gardner for a hearing stemming from a June 10 incident when Low alleged Randle verbally threatened him. Monday’s probable cause hearing gave both parties the chance to give an account of […]
The Amory Main Street Association will be showing The Lego Movie in Frisco Park July 14 at sundown or 8 p.m. The movie will be shown by the 1529 train and is free to the public. Popcorn, sno cones, cotton candy and drinks will be available for purchase as a fundraiser for Amory Main Street. […]
- Pro-alcohol group turns in needed number of signatures July 23, 2014
- Becker man arrested for burglary of commercial building in Hamilton July 18, 2014
- APD host agency for attorney general training session July 22, 2014
- Grant provides Old Armory’s first step towards acoustics July 22, 2014
- Houston man arrested for livestock theft July 22, 2014
- Nettleton’s Hawkins leads Jones to another title July 24, 2014
- Alley access subject of neighborhood quarrel July 24, 2014
- Aberdeen adopts public comments policy for meetings July 24, 2014
- The freedom to speak and the freedom to speak freely July 24, 2014
- Ward still finding role with Rebels July 23, 2014
- Cletus Snow: It's not up to the aldermen now, the registered v...
- Michael Hontz: Whatever John Creekmore will just blow smoke up pe...
- Michael Hontz: Name posted....
- Michael Hontz: Jimbo Adams .. Married. Should also be charged w...
- Michael Hontz: This dude is garbage. He's always stealing. I su...
- Aberdeen adopts public comments policy for meetings http://t.co/xzxKWoTYk5 6 hours ago
- Alley access subject of neighborhood quarrel http://t.co/8rhDCpSw4l 6 hours ago
- The freedom to speak and the freedom to speak freely http://t.co/UWMdgFCoSA 6 hours ago
- We Care for Kids, Stuff the Bus drives collecting school supplies http://t.co/9cC9MWPrwd 1 day ago
- Summer movie series concludes with 80s sci-fi classic http://t.co/QYoudoegWO 1 day ago