About Emily Tubb
Author Archive | Emily Tubb
AMORY – Jimmy Ann Ray was unanimously reappointed to another five-year term on the Amory School Board after interviewing for the position during a closed session of the city board meeting Feb. 2. This will be the second term for Ray who said she is looking forward to serving the district again using the experience […]
AMORY – Nettleton native and Amory resident Allison Harris says she always wanted to serve her country and, on her return from a nine-month deployment in Kuwait, visited her son’s fourth grade class at East Amory Elementary School to speak to the students about her experiences. Harris joined the Army National Guard in 2008 and […]
AMORY – While Traci Huguley may be new in her role as Amory Main Street director, she is already a seasoned promoter who has worked for years planning community events through church affiliations. Huguley, who is originally from Vernon, Alabama, is married to Cornerstone Church Pastor Greg Huguley. The couple has two children. “We served […]
AMORY – The Beta Sigma Phi Beta Nu local chapter will host a Daddy/Daughter Dance Feb. 11 from 7 until 9 p.m. at the Old Armory in order to raise funds to help families in need. The purpose of the chosen theme is to highlight the valuable relationships between fathers or father figures and their […]
Former Monroe County Sheriff’s Office deputy and current Hatley Police Chief Eric Sloan has been accused of lying about the location where he was shot last August as part of a federal wrongful arrest lawsuit filed against him and Monroe County by Amory resident Cythia Fuller. Fuller’s complaint in the suit is to recover actual […]
AMORY – The Physicians and Surgeons Clinic has recently expanded its roster of providers to include Dr. Roy Thomas, an internal medicine practitioner and Monroe County native. “The vision is to expand the scope of practice, so we now have pediatrics, obstetrics, gynecology and adult medicine,” Thomas said. Thomas is a Hamilton High School graduate […]
AMORY – Dump for Hunger is teaming up with the Dream Riders for a joint fundraiser Jan. 30 at Piggly Wiggly. From 9 a.m until 3 p.m., Kayleebrooke McCollum and the rest of the Dump for Hunger team will be collecting nonperishable food items for the Amory Food Pantry, and the Dream Riders will be […]
ABERDEEN – During his January agenda, Aberdeen School District Conservator Mac Curlee approved a crisis and emergency response plan for the district. “This is a safety plan required for each district to respond to any crisis,” Curlee said. “It outlines steps, procedures and plans and which personnel is assigned to what responsibilities.” The plan is […]
If parents or guardians are concerned about their young child walking to school by themselves due to living in close proximity to the school, the solution could be as simple as contacting the district superintendent. State law dictates kindergarten through eighth grade students who live within one mile of the attending school are ineligible for […]
- Beta Sigma Phi hosts Daddy/Daughter Dance February 4, 2016
- Amory police, MCSO make meth arrest February 8, 2016
- Amory Community Garden meeting scheduled February 8, 2016
- Democratic executive committee caucuses scheduled for Feb. 13 February 9, 2016
- Shelters and rescue groups strive to reconnect lost pets to owners February 9, 2016
- Panthers thwarted in state championship finals February 10, 2016
- MCSO arrests three on meth charges February 10, 2016
- Aberdeen aldermen discuss potential revitalization project February 10, 2016
- Qualifying ends for Aberdeen elections February 10, 2016
- Harmon makes it into Idol’s Top 24 February 10, 2016
- Diva: Thank God I won't be called for jury duty on this...
- carrollwhite: Come to Aberdeen on our street you can smell it al...
- Kim Stringfield: There have been a lot of huskies come up missing i...
- Laurenda Provias Richardson: Very well written Ray !!! All the memories ... All...
- shanette: Good for MCSO! I hope this case will bring much ne...