Last year’s participation in the Amory Community Garden was so fulfilling that I was sure this year would be absolutely epic but, so far, there have been some problems. It started months ago when the Whole Seed Company catalog came to the office. It is the most beautiful catalog I’ve ever seen, filled with exotic […]
About Emily Tubb
Author Archive | Emily Tubb
AMORY – In an effort to efficiently manage the city’s various departments and areas, the aldermen each chose specific areas to oversee at the regular-called board meeting on April 1. Ward 1 alderman Buddy Carlisle will oversee finance and the utility department. Ward 2 alderman John Darden will oversee the park and recreation department and […]
ATHENS – Lee and Betty Kryszewski wound up as caretakers and renovators of the vandalized Athens Jail through a Facebook page for work campers. “We’ve been RV’ing full time for about a year-and-a-half now and Betty saw a post on a work camper’s site, so we started communicating with Emory Morgan with the Monroe County […]
According to Monroe County School District Superintendent Scott Cantrell, running school bus stop signs is still a problem in spite of repeated warnings. “It’s happening more and more on the Boulevard that oncoming traffic is not stopping when a bus is stopped to let a child off,” said Amory Police Department administrative assistant Martha Reeves. […]
AMORY – In regular session of the Mississippi legislature, Senate Bill 2919 was passed, which can allow the City of Amory to levy a tax of as much as two percent on the gross sales of motel and hotel room rentals and on the gross sales from restaurants. “The Amory Board of Alderman asked me […]
AMORY – With at least one in every 20 jobs in Mississippi relying on a healthy outdoor environment, the Mississippi Fish and Wildlife Foundation, or Wildlife Mississippi, is a nonprofit organization that focuses primarily on restoring native prairies, wetlands and streams to ensure the state’s quality of life will make a good place to live […]
AMORY – During the regular-called meeting of the mayor and board of aldermen on March 18, Mayor Brad Blalock proposed assigning specific duties to different aldermen in an effort to funnel requests and tasks more efficiently. “I believe it used to be that each alderman was assigned something different to report on at the meetings […]
AMORY – Amory Superintendent Tony Cook shared news of progress during the March 6 Amory School Board meeting. “We’re making progress. Last month the collections were really good. This month was not so good but we’re still doing better,” said Superintendent Tony Cook. Cook also responded to allegations of shortages of toilet paper and lack […]
AMORY – Twelve-year-old Flannery Plum is using parallels from “Harry Potter” to help fight real world problems by starting a local chapter of the Harry Potter Alliance. “I read about it online one day and, since there were no chapters in Mississippi, I decided to start one,” said Plum, who says she’s been a “Harry […]
- County named in $500,000 lawsuit April 15, 2014
- Horticulture program seeks votes for grant competition April 14, 2014
- County vocational technical students win at state April 14, 2014
- Pair of inmates apprehended after Sunday night jail break April 14, 2014
- Amory police arrest Hamilton man on vehicle burglary charges April 14, 2014
- Lady Panthers rally late to over come Tish in division play April 16, 2014
- Update: Three people dead after Nettleton shooting April 16, 2014
- Week off from surgery feels like an eternity April 16, 2014
- Festival concludes with new levels of success April 16, 2014
- Garth named new Aberdeen High School principal for upcoming school year April 16, 2014
- former runner: I hope this program will get the financial support...
- Ronald: The pic your looking at is a different a Joshua an...
- DSG: I don't see a scratch on him??? Was that picture ...
- Here for Now: It's not like at least half the town isn't drink...
- Isn\'t This the 21st Century: Bishop Freeman I've eaten at O'charleys, Chilis,...
- Update: Two shot in Nettleton http://t.co/bmz939QvcS 11 hours ago
- Officer down in Nettleton http://t.co/5oXXnTumfG 11 hours ago
- Shooting in Nettleton http://t.co/tGCAuMzX3t 12 hours ago
- Festival concludes with new levels of success http://t.co/b9tVhaQWSw 17 hours ago
- Garth named new Aberdeen High School principal for upcoming school year http://t.co/ySeK4BJB2o 17 hours ago