Amory – Bring your furry friends to First Presbyterian Church Sunday at 2 p.m. to be blessed by Pastor Tom Cheatham. The service will be in the meditation garden or, in case of rain, the fellowship hall. Please bring small animals in cages and large animals on a leash. If your pet is unable to […]
About Emily Tubb
Author Archive | Emily Tubb
National Recovery Month, now more than 20 years old, is gaining momentum in its aim to educate Americans on the fact that addiction treatment and mental health services can help those with substance use issues to live a healthy and rewarding life. The message of National Recovery Month is that prevention works, treatment is effective […]
After five weeks of phone calls, emails, waiting on returned calls and emails, researching and writing, I’m finally finished with the National Recovery Month article just in the nick of time. Of all the people I spoke to through this process, Sheila Allen made the biggest impression on me. This is a lady who didn’t […]
AMORY – Amory School District Superintendent Ken Byars was pleased to report results from an ACT college readiness report Sept. 14 which shows a steady increase in scores beginning with the 2011 graduation class. The biggest jump was from the 2013 graduating class composite score of 18.3 to the 2015 composite of 20.1. “That’s almost […]
AMORY – Amory Police Chief Ronnie Bowen updated the board on calls for service within the past year at the Sept. 15 city board meeting. “It’s about average compared to previous years,” Bowen said. Since October 2014, there were 12,157 calls for service. Of that number, 573 were arrests, and 994 were citations. Bowen reported […]
AMORY – Compared to previous years, Senior Citizen Appreciation Day will be held a little later this year in the hopes of cooler weather, according to Ryan French of Legacy Hospice of the South. “We scheduled it for October this time so the weather will be nicer,” French said. The shindig will be held Oct. […]
AMORY – CHANGE is changing, but it won’t affect those individuals and families who are in need of help, according to CHANGE Program Coordinator Sister Mary Christine Fellerhoff. The CHANGE program, a nonprofit organization which stands for Community Hearing Amory Needs, Giving Everyday, assists those who are struggling financially by providing a variety of opportunities […]
AMORY – Amory residents will face an increase in their electric bill beginning in October according to a discussion at the Sept. 1 board of aldermen meeting. “The City of Amory Electric Department is making its first local rate adjustment since 2006. The increase, which is the result of a recent TVA rate increase and […]
Aberdeen and Amory will each take a moment to pause and remember the events that transpired 14 years ago during the Sept. 11 attacks. An honor and remembrance event hosted by WoodmenLife will be held in Frisco Park Sept. 11 to present an American flag and accompanying pole. “We have done this annually since Sept. […]
- Amory native officially named pro body builder October 3, 2015
- Defense leads the way in Bulldogs’ division opener October 7, 2015
- Panthers stun Indians in double overtime division opener October 7, 2015
- Supervisors accept lone bid for garbage truck October 8, 2015
- MSU archeologists making local stop at Amory museum October 8, 2015
- Just in case you weren’t already aware… October 10, 2015
- Paranormal group explores spirited history of Gilmore Sanitarium October 9, 2015
- Nerd talk: Podcast exposes underground entertainment and tries to ‘Kill Pop Culture’ October 9, 2015
- Moore leads as Noles top Falkner October 8, 2015
- Tigers open up division play with road win October 8, 2015
- shelia allen: i have said this before and I will say it again yo...
- Michael: That's why we need better sidewalks and crosswalk...
- Body of missing Bartlett fisherman found - Bartlett ExpressBartlett Express: […] an earlier story about the search effort...
- Helen Whitten: How would itawamba county go about getting these r...
- debbie jones: Why in the world is the bond so low? Is $5000 all ...