It was a tight race but, in the end, Monroe Journal readers have chosen McDonald’s as the best place to get a milkshake in Monroe County. McDonald’s and milkshakes have gone hand in hand since a Multi-mixer milkshake machine salesman named Ray Kroc noticed that the McDonald brothers purchased eight of his mixers. After visiting […]
About Emily Tubb
Author Archive | Emily Tubb
A standoff that ensued after two men barricaded themselves inside a home at New Road and Highway 6 Wednesday ended peacefully at approximately 5:30 p.m. and resulted in the arrest of three people – Steven Alton Brantley, 53; David Little, 35, both of Nettleton; and Crystal Deann Adair Bosch, 37, of Tupelo. All three are […]
A six-hour standoff at a house at New Road and Highway 6 ended just before 5:30 p.m. after Steven Alton Brantley, 53, and David Little, 35, both of Nettleton, surrendered to Mississippi Highway Patrol SWAT team members and the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office. According to Monroe County Sheriff’s Office Public Relations Officer Tanya Willems, Brantley […]
Deputies with the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office and the Mississippi Highway Patrol have responded to a standoff at New Road and Highway 6 between Nettleton and Amory Wednesday afternoon, according to Monroe County Sheriff’s Office Public Relations Officer Tanya Willems. According to Willems, 53-year-old Steve Alton Brantley has barricaded himself inside of a house and […]
AMORY – After months of canvassing for signatures, the Let’s Grow Amory grassroots movement has gathered the 20 percent of registered voter signatures required for a referendum. City Clerk Lee Barnett made the announcement at the regular-called meeting of the Mayor and Board of Aldermen on Aug. 19. “There were 945 signatures needed and 968 […]
AMORY – An Amory High School junior paid a visit to the regular-called meeting of the Amory School Board Aug. 11 to express her opinion on a couple of the new rules implemented at AHS this year. “We have no lockers this year and, while I can see the positives, my backpack weighs 15 pounds […]
AMORY – The Old Armory Reborn Committee is inviting all of you Daddy-Os and Dollies to a rockin’ sock hop at the Old Armory National Guard on Saturday, Aug. 23. “This gives residents an excellent opportunity to top-notch entertainment in a top-notch venue. It’s fun for the whole family,” said Amory Visitor’s Bureau Chairwoman Devy […]
My coverage of the Amory School Board meeting was difficult this week. It is rare that someone outside of the board members actually attends the meetings and even more rare when it’s my daughter who is the one showing up to speak her mind. It all started a couple of weeks ago in the kitchen. […]
AMORY – City Clerk Lee Barnett presented 968 certified petitions signed in favor of holding a referendum on whether or not to permit the sale of alcohol within the city to the mayor and board of aldermen. The number of petitions required to hold a referendum was 945, or 20 percent. On a motion made […]
- Residents brainstorm to strategize for future of Aberdeen August 26, 2014
- Empower Mississippi forum set for Sept. 4 August 29, 2014
- ICC schedules CPR/AED class August 29, 2014
- Panthers surge in second half at Independence August 29, 2014
- Bulldogs light up scoreboard in Shannon August 29, 2014
- Milkshakes have been with McDonald’s from its humble beginnings September 2, 2014
- Naturalization ceremony welcomes 53 of nation’s newest citizens September 1, 2014
- MHP issues statewide Amber Alert August 31, 2014
- Kimbrough’s cooking comes from a country raising August 31, 2014
- Lady Panthers win Monroe County tourney August 30, 2014
- Doug Cuthbert: You are correct I am not registered to vote here. ...
- weedeater: Great job for Amory's new mayor! Shoot down the ...
- Frank James: How in the hell was he not charged with intent to ...
- Fred G Sanford: Get Greg Beason to sell some of the scrap junk he ...
- MeriemDZ: Fourteen years ago I walked up on the porch of the...
- Milkshakes have been with McDonald’s from its humble beginnings http://t.co/t7KRxTILuk 2 hours ago
- Naturalization ceremony welcomes 53 of nation’s newest citizens http://t.co/Ydb28CVRkC 22 hours ago
- MHP issues statewide Amber Alert http://t.co/If2YMG629e 1 day ago
- Kimbrough’s cooking comes from a country raising http://t.co/rLDsyxJ1g8 2 days ago
- Bond set for subjects arrested in standoff http://t.co/o4sWQh7iBe 3 days ago