AMORY – The Amory School District will face a changing of the guard beginning this year when former Amory High School Principal Ken Byars begins his first school year in his new role as superintendent. Byars is a Houston native with a master’s degree in education from the University of Mississippi. He came to the […]
About Emily Tubb
Author Archive | Emily Tubb
AMORY – Vardaman native Kenneth Goralcyzk will take over as Amory Middle School principal following David Poss’ retirement. Goralczyk attended Mississippi State University before earning his masters degree in Curriculum and Instruction and Educational Leadership from Ole Miss. He is currently finishing a doctoral program through Delta State. Goralczyk has previously taught a wide variety […]
AMORY – After some flip flopping following requests from residents on both sides of the commercial truck ordinance issue, the board of aldermen unanimously upheld the original ordinance prohibiting commercial trucks from parking in residentially zoned neighborhoods at the July 21 meeting. The issue was originally brought before the board by resident Jennifer Fines on […]
AMORY – A groundbreaking for the Frisco Park Interactive Fountain Project was held July 16 to celebrate the installation of the fountain by Watersplash,Inc. “After the fountain is put in, JBS Construction will pour the concrete. There will still be ongoing work with landscaping in the fall but we hope to have the feature open […]
AMORY – Results from the Amory School District’s inaugural year of requiring all juniors to take the statewide mandatory ACT showed positive and surprising results. To prepare for the mandate, all juniors were required to take an ACT prep course. Out of the 100 students required to take the ACT, only 43 had taken it […]
AMORY – An original ordinance prohibiting the parking of large commercial vehicles in residential areas could stay as it is after a family of concerned citizens stated their case to the board of aldermen July 7. The ordinance was originally challenged on May 19 when resident Jennifer Fines stated that the regulations put a hardship […]
AMORY – Last Friday’s rain could not stop the city from celebrating the 4th on the 3rd, but it did force organizers and residents to take a different approach to the festivities. “We planned this celebration for Independence Day, and we’ve accomplished that because, even in the rain, there is a great turnout,” said […]
AMORY – In a special called meeting of the Amory School Board June 23, several new positions were approved for the upcoming school year. Mallory Bowers was approved for the first grade teacher position left vacant by Lisa Blaylock at West Amory Elementary School; Dierdre Huntley as assistant principal at East Amory Elementary; Amanda Carruth […]
AMORY – At approximately 9:30 a.m. this morning a high pressure gas line behind El Rey Mexican Restaurant was ruptured by a contractor requiring a 3 block evacuation. “Due to wind conditions and the nature of the leak, the neighborhood was evacuated and traffic was blocked from Main Street down to 6th Street,” said E911 […]
- Two arrested for felony possession of meth July 28, 2015
- ICC to offer Preparing for the ACT August 1, 2015
- C2C program provides opportunity for work experience August 1, 2015
- Bailey cooks to please her family August 2, 2015
- Seniors celebrate Christmas in July August 2, 2015
- Continuation of programs, technology improvements part of Monroe County School District’s 2015-2016 school year August 4, 2015
- Amory School District begins year with several administrative changes August 4, 2015
- District confident that new Shivers administration is a winning team August 4, 2015
- MCSD starts the year with administrative changes August 4, 2015
- Aberdeen looks to school year 2015-2016 with high hopes August 4, 2015
- Michael: That's why we need better sidewalks and crosswalk...
- Body of missing Bartlett fisherman found - Bartlett ExpressBartlett Express: […] an earlier story about the search effort...
- Helen Whitten: How would itawamba county go about getting these r...
- debbie jones: Why in the world is the bond so low? Is $5000 all ...
- Linda: These folks were operating in Nashville several ye...