AMORY – Amory School District Superintendent Ken Byars briefed the Amory School Board on the results from the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) assessment taken last year at the Nov. 9 meeting. “In Algebra 1, the state average was 731, and the national average was 734. Our average is 745, […]
About Emily Tubb
Author Archive | Emily Tubb
AMORY – Since no one qualified to run for the Amory School Board position left vacant by Mindy Brand, the board of aldermen conducted an interview with three potential candidates at the Nov. 17 meeting. Chris Erickson, Rachel Faulkner and Angela Smith all applied for the only elected position on the school board, which represents […]
AMORY – After much speculation and hard work on behalf of Amory Main Street and City of Amory Electric Department employees, the old Amory Garment tree is standing strong on the corner of 104th Street North and 5th Avenue North. “It took about two weeks off and on to get it up. We had it […]
AMORY – The annual Community Bank Veteran’s Day breakfast, where community members and bank employees gathered together to honor those who have served and are still serving the country, was another success. Keynote speaker Congressman Trent Kelly, who is also a veteran, explained why he joined the U.S. Army and what makes Veteran’s Day so […]
Even through inclement weather, the show still went on for the recent weekend-long Stinson Family and Friends Campout. The annual event, which is a fly-in hosted by the Experimental Aircraft Association Chapter 1189, is named after Eddie Stinson, Sr. who, along with his son, started an airplane manufacturing company based on his namesake. “There used […]
AMORY – For passers-by wondering about the site clearing next to Walgreen’s on Highway 278, city action Oct. 3 solved the mystery for public record. Aldermen approved the final plat of what is to be a Burger King at its regular-meeting. “Mayor Brad Blalock and City Building Inspector David Moore were extremely helpful and cooperative […]
Schools throughout Monroe County showed a range of results from last school year’s standardized tests, according to numbers released by the Mississippi Department of Education Nov. 6. During the 2014-2015 school year, students participated in the Partnership of Readiness for College and Careers testing program for Algebra 1, English 2 and grades three to eight. […]
AMORY – The Amory School District will soon have a web-based security camera system installed at every school, thanks to the Dalrymple Family Foundation. “A few years ago, we started security upgrades, so this is just another measure of upping our security. School administration and the police department both saw the need for this type […]
The 2nd annual Amory Main Street fall fundraiser in Frisco Park Oct. 29 drew a huge crowd of Monroe Countians looking to try different kinds of chili, hear great music and let their kids participate in trunk-or-treat.
- Belle Student News an alternative to morning announcements November 23, 2015
- Aberdeen aldermen table purchase requests November 27, 2015
- Amory aldermen interview school board appointees November 27, 2015
- Students rack up points through reading and playing in annual Egg Bowl November 27, 2015
- Amory Cosmetology Academy provides education in hair and nails November 27, 2015
- Curlee approves 21st Century personnel for Aberdeen schools November 30, 2015
- Monroe County School Board given an update on career technical center November 30, 2015
- Impressive PARCC scores a talking point of Amory School Board meeting November 30, 2015
- Veterans Day token proves the kindness of strangers November 30, 2015
- Circle of saws: Friends cut Itawamba man’s last load of logs November 29, 2015
- Marty Harris: I hope that they do get the speeders slowed down b...
- Scott: Thanks Chris, cool to see you guys doing these thi...
- Kelly Wolfe: Dr. Neil Wanee had been our family doctor for 28 y...
- Carlos: This sounds really nice. I think it not possible d...
- WeldingTodayDotCom : Good thing that women also are showing their inter...