AMORY – It looks like the city will be getting fresh roads and a shooting range sometime in the near future if two proposed ordinances make it through both public and board approval. City Attorney John Creekmore has prepared a notice of intent to release a $1.5 million bond issue for the purpose of paving […]
About Emily Tubb
Author Archive | Emily Tubb
Most people don’t like change. Even when it’s a good thing or you know that it’s necessary, it’s still hard to adjust to something new, but I have to say I’m impressed with how the 2015 Railroad Festival went. For months now, I have been hearing concerns about how the festival would go since it […]
ABERDEEN – Law enforcement are still searching for a male wanted for questioning in the theft of a white Jeep stolen from Mattox Services in the early morning hours of April 3. According to Aberdeen Police Chief Henry Randle, the jeep was located inside one of the buildings and also had a 14 foot long […]
AMORY – Mississippi has three teams competing in the Team America Rocketry Challenge (TARC) in Washington D.C. this year, and two of them are from Amory High School. The teams will compete May 9 in the first fly-off competition and, hopefully, in the final round that same day. TARC, an extracurricular, hands-on project that is […]
A man who led police on a high speed chase originating in Lee County Saturday evening was apprehended when he ran over spike strips coming into Amory near the National Guard Armory on Highway 25. According to Tupelo Police Chief Bart Aguirre, Tupelo Police Department officers tried to pull over Donald Eddy, 34, Saturday night […]
AMORY – Tomato, tomahto! Potato, potahto! Interactive water feature, interactive fountain, splash pad, spray park or even water deck! Whatever you choose to call it, the demolition and construction in Frisco Park is coming along according to the timeframe set by the city and previously reported by the Monroe Journal, which is that the city […]
It seems that each of the county’s school districts has chosen to handle the missed school days from this year’s inclement weather differently. In a recent memo to all school districts, State Superintendent of Education Dr. Carey Wright strongly recommended that days missed due to inclement weather be made up to give students as much […]
AMORY – At approximately 7:53 a.m. Tuesday, an unidentified male driving a GMC truck was traveling east on Highway 6 when he says he fell asleep, according to Lt. Andy Long with the Amory Police Department. The truck then crossed over into the westbound lane and struck a white Nissan Pathfinder driven by an unidentified […]
AMORY – A three-car collision on Highway 6 Monday night sent seven people to the North Mississippi Medical Center for non-life threatening injuries, according to Mississippi Highway Patrol Public Affairs Officer Criss Turnipseed. At approximately 7:50 p.m. March 30, an 18-year-old identified as Ragen Bruckner was traveling east on Highway 6 in a 2007 Suzuki […]
- Changes equal improvements for 2015 Railroad Festival April 15, 2015
- America’s Farmers Grow Communities donation helps volunteer fire department April 11, 2015
- Supervisors updated on insurance coverage April 16, 2015
- City of Amory considers bond for repaving project April 16, 2015
- Sinkhole forces temporary bridge closure April 15, 2015
- One day you’ll want to be a know-it-all so learn as much of it now April 18, 2015
- Lady Tigers take charge late over Lady Lions April 17, 2015
- Authorities make arrests in connection to stolen vehicles April 17, 2015
- Tips on managing indoor, outdoor allergies April 17, 2015
- Infrastructure work begins for new water, electric AMI system April 17, 2015
- Linda Brown Pearce: I so enjoyed the Railroal Festival! I only got to ...
- michelle harris: Thank you for this great article on our Craig Wayn...
- michelle harris: What a fantastic article about our Craig Wayne Boy...
- Ed Harden: Coach Pierce is the best man I have ever known. T...
- Laurenda: Hats Off to MCSD !!!! GLAD JUSTICE IS SERVED FOR O...