AMORY – Amory City Clerk Lee Barnett presented the certified results from the Oct. 14 alcohol referendum, which proved to be a close race, at the regular-called city board meeting Oct. 21. A total of 2,403 votes were cast on the liquor issue and a total of 2,198 were cast on the light wine and […]
About Emily Tubb
Author Archive | Emily Tubb
Some childhood memories are simply glorious. I remember my brother and I getting dropped off at what was, at that time, the Amory Twin Cinema to watch “Back to the Future.” It was awesome, but nothing compared to when we went to Amory Twin to see “Little Shop of Horrors.” The crowded theater was filled […]
AMORY – Get ready to boogie at the Big Bad Bluegrass Festival Saturday, Oct. 25 at the Old Armory National Guard. The Steel Toe Magnolias will kick off the festivities at 5 p.m. with a clogging performance followed by a jam session with Roundhouse Jam, a gathering of area bluegrass musicians who are sure to […]
Results released by the Mississippi Department of Education on Oct. 17 show that two-thirds of Mississippi’s kindergarten students are not actually prepared for kindergarten at all. The results will be used by proponents to call for more state spending on pre-kindergarten classes to help students improve before reaching the third grade, when they will be […]
Amory, Aberdeen and Monroe County school districts will each keep their 2013 ranks due to a waiver that does not require them to claim the letter-grade rankings based on student performance on state tests and graduation rates from last year. The Mississippi Department of Education provided the waiver because of the switch to the Common […]
The Mississippi Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program, which aims to serve uninsured, medically underserved, minority and elderly women, is a year round service that is experiencing an increase in the number of women who need help. “We get at least 20 or more women per month. A lot of people just don’t have […]
AMORY – After several developers dissolved into arguments among themselves and with members of the board at the board of aldermen’s Oct. 7, Mayor Brad Blalock restored order by removing everyone from the room, allowing the different developers to approach the board one at a time to try to reach a solution to the unrest […]
AMORY – Unofficial results from Tuesday’s alcohol referendum indicate that Amory voters want to keep the town free of alcohol. For the sale, distribution and possession of light wine with an alcohol content of less than 5 percent and beer of an alcoholic content of no more than 8 percent, the vote was 1,067 for […]
AMORY – Tuesday’s referendum regarding the sale of alcohol in Amory yielded the unofficial results that voters want to keep the town free of alcohol. For the sale, distribution and possession of light wine with an alcohol content of less than 5 percent and beer of an alcoholic content of no more than 8 percent, […]
- School board cites lack of affordable housing to dip in enrollment October 25, 2014
- Lady Noles grab third title in four years October 29, 2014
- Amory Post Office employees support the cause October 30, 2014
- Pioneer offers candy X-rays October 30, 2014
- Supervisors OK new 911 system, opt out of building codes October 30, 2014
- Monroe football previews: Week 11 October 31, 2014
- Panthers ensure playoff spot with win at Tish County October 31, 2014
- Nettleton comes alive in second half October 31, 2014
- UPDATE: Gun threat increases school security for football game October 31, 2014
- Aberdeen kicks off holiday season with Christmas Open House October 31, 2014
- Charlotte: Heartbroken taking my kids there every week, means...
- Business Owner of Amory: There is crime in Amory. There are drugs in Amory....
- louis vaughan: over the years I guess is what kept amory the cit...
- Laurenda: Excellent story Ray!!!...
- Ken Holmes: Gilbert Whitehead was an employee of mine while he...
- Monroe football previews: Week 11 http://t.co/fAUIpgN3TH 7 hours ago
- Gun threat increases school security for football game http://t.co/NMy1M5mxce 13 hours ago
- General election set for Nov. 4 http://t.co/5OEwr8wbb5 16 hours ago
- Bond set for two subjects charged in recent ICE bust http://t.co/yHYzef2FQI 1 day ago
- RT @cityofamoryMS: @monroe360 5-7 Frisco Park Funraiser Festival! Chili Cookoff, pumpkins, entertainment, Trick-or-Treat, costume contest, … 1 day ago retweeted via cityofamoryMS