AMORY – Beginning immediately, the Amory Regional Museum will no longer be open on Sundays. Museum director Bo Miller approached the board of aldermen on Feb. 17 in regard to the one-day closing, stating that a staff shortage and scant attendance on Sundays were the reasons for the request. “I’m having trouble finding someone who […]
About Emily Tubb
Author Archive | Emily Tubb
WREN – Some people can claim to have raised a good family, some can claim health and longevity and some can claim service to their country, yet few can claim all three. One of those exceptions was Monroe County’s own Moses Hardy, who passed away in 2006. Hardy was born in 1894 and lived a […]
AMORY – Shake off the cold and turn your intentions to the coming spring, folks; it’s about to be gardening time again. To celebrate the season of fresh veggies, the members of the Amory Community Garden are holding their annual meeting for anyone interested in participating and to catch up with old garden buddies from […]
AMORY – The Amory School District has awarded the District Administrator of the Year honor to East Amory Elementary Principal Brian Jones, who says he feels extremely honored, although it isn’t just his award. “We have a great team here and I’m proud to be a part of it. The teachers got me here. They […]
AMORY – The Amory School District’s monthly meeting was held at The Center Feb. 10 to accommodate for an awards ceremony to honor Parents of the Year, Teachers of the Year, Administrator of the Year and District Teacher of the Year. After the ceremony, the board approved a cut in long-term substitute teacher pay. […]
AMORY – Mayor Brad Blalock met with the board of aldermen in City Hall Feb. 10 for a meeting to try and come up with a time frame in which to tackle some of the more pressing issues the city is dealing with currently. “I thought it would be good if we could begin having […]
AMORY – Amory High School and Amory Middle School are both getting by with a little help from their friends at the Quality Education Foundation through funding for ACT prep and afterschool tutoring programs. “This year we went to principals and administration and asked where we could be of the most help. Both of […]
Congressman Alan Nunnelee, who passed last week following a battle with brain cancer and the effects of a stroke, left a lasting impression on many people in the community for his public service, work ethic, friendliness, faith and devotion to his family. Nunnelee had been in hospice care at his home since Jan. 26, when […]
AMORY – Amory High School senior Weston Colbert was just named as a National Merit Finalist according to AHS Principal Ken Byars. Colbert was recently named one of 17 Northeast Mississippi students as a National Merit Semifinalist, the first since Hob Bryan in 1970. As a junior, he took the Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying […]
- DAR honors locals with annual awards February 22, 2015
- Lady Tigers come from behind for playoff spot February 25, 2015
- Snow cream is a sweet and easy treat February 25, 2015
- The centurion, the family man, the legend: A look back at Moses Hardy’s life February 26, 2015
- Aldermen entertain presentation of Lift, Inc.’s services February 26, 2015
- Getting to know Mississippi’s Toughest Kids March 1, 2015
- Aberdeen scouts share recipes using Girl Scout cookies March 1, 2015
- NMMC Hospice to train volunteers March 1, 2015
- Legislative Update: Week of Feb. 25, 2015 February 28, 2015
- School district saves energy through Ameresco project February 28, 2015
- Danny Majors: Did the course get purchased lately?...
- Janice Cain: Thanks for that article. I am Presbyterian and man...
- Diva: This lady along with an Amory native, Jo McDivitt,...
- chris: Please notify of related post to krystal and kyle ...
- monroeme: 5 alderman and one recused himself...where I went ...