It seems that each of the county’s school districts has chosen to handle the missed school days from this year’s inclement weather differently. In a recent memo to all school districts, State Superintendent of Education Dr. Carey Wright strongly recommended that days missed due to inclement weather be made up to give students as much […]
About Emily Tubb
Author Archive | Emily Tubb
AMORY – At approximately 7:53 a.m. Tuesday, an unidentified male driving a GMC truck was traveling east on Highway 6 when he says he fell asleep, according to Lt. Andy Long with the Amory Police Department. The truck then crossed over into the westbound lane and struck a white Nissan Pathfinder driven by an unidentified […]
AMORY – A three-car collision on Highway 6 Monday night sent seven people to the North Mississippi Medical Center for non-life threatening injuries, according to Mississippi Highway Patrol Public Affairs Officer Criss Turnipseed. At approximately 7:50 p.m. March 30, an 18-year-old identified as Ragen Bruckner was traveling east on Highway 6 in a 2007 Suzuki […]
SMITHVILLE – On March 27, Shannan Brooke Thompson of Smithville was arrested by Lowndes County Sheriff’s Department for exploitation of a child. The investigation involved Thompson’s alleged relationship with an underage female, who lived in Lowndes County, both through social media and in person. Evidence of the relationship was brought to the attention of the sheriff’s […]
AMORY – After interviewing several candidates, the board of aldermen has chosen outgoing Monroe County Administrator Mike King to replace Tony Swan as the Amory Utilities Department superintendent. King, who was county administrator for two-and-a-half years, says that he doesn’t foresee trouble transitioning into the new role and plans to spend time with Swan before […]
While the Mississippi Board of Education is busy deciding which school districts will not have to make up missed school days due to this year’s inclement weather, Amory, Aberdeen, Nettleton and Monroe County school districts are sitting still and waiting to hear from Mississippi Department of Education before releasing an official statement. Nettleton Superintendent Michael […]
AMORY – Whether you like art, dancing, food or just plain taking it easy, all of that and more can be found at Frisco Park March 28 when the inaugural Arts in the Park Festival seeks to help local residents groove into spring. Arts in the Park, the brainchild of local artist Belle Naugher of […]
AMORY – Amory School District Superintendent Tony Cook was given a two-year extension on his contract during regular session of the school board meeting March 5. In other business, the board also approved: • An Future Business Leaders of America fundraiser to raise money for the state competition. Plates from Earnest BBQ will be sold […]
AMORY – Linda Holden was spending a month in Africa doing mission work when the conspiracy began. “It was originally Jean Pinkley’s idea. She came to me and said that we should nominate Linda for the Jefferson Award and I said, ‘She’s not going to like that. It will embarrass her,’” said Amory Food Pantry […]
- Purchase, name change tee up River Birch for big changes March 25, 2015
- MDOT, county advise candidates on proper placement of political signage March 25, 2015
- Aberdeen JROTC program, partners accept MAPE Governor’s Award March 30, 2015
- Tabletop exercise preps emergency agencies for worst-case scenario March 30, 2015
- Seminoles’ bulldog relishes opportunity March 29, 2015
- County representatives make DC delegation trip April 1, 2015
- School districts determine fate of make-up days April 1, 2015
- Dundee makes last minute commitment for OWO event April 1, 2015
- Two sent to NMMC following accident on Highway 6 March 31, 2015
- Lady Noles strike early against rival Hamilton March 31, 2015
- sandy: Here's a question... There have been real estate,...
- steve stanford: a military discount would be nice. my son-in-law ...
- carrollwhite: Sad to hear about our deputies, prayers for the 2 ...
- Truth seeker: the real story here is this woman Tried to beat th...
- Jeremy: Alice, You appear to be making two different ar...