The CodeRED alert system, used to send critical information from tornado warnings to Amber Alerts to Monroe County residents, is a free service provided through Three Rivers Planning and Development District by the Monroe County Board of Supervisors. “CodeRED is an emergency notification system that includes weather alerts based on warnings by the National Weather […]
About Emily Tubb
Author Archive | Emily Tubb
AMORY – The results are in! Monroe Countians have voted on who makes the best burger in the county and the winner is Bill’s Hamburgers. “I think what makes our burgers so great is that we grind our meat fresh everyday,” said grillmaster James Wilkerson. Founded in 1929, the folks at Bill’s Hamburgers pride themselves […]
AMORY – Regina Marshall was fresh out of Amory High School and in the nursing program at Northeast Mississippi Community College when she decided it may be a good idea to just work for a while. “My parents told me if I didn’t want to go to school then I had to work, so I […]
AMORY – An unofficial draft of the city’s Fiscal Year 2013 audit was presented by accounting firm Franks, Franks & Jarrell to the mayor and board of aldermen during the regular meeting on Feb. 18. “Expenses are down almost $900,000 from 2012 and the change in net position is positive, which means that revenues exceeded […]
AMORY – Petitions are set to go out this week from an organization called Citizens for the Economic Development of Amory, MS seeking to gather enough signatures for a referendum where voters can weigh in on whether or not to legalize alcohol sales in Amory. “Signing the petition isn’t saying you want to legalize alcohol […]
AMORY – The official unveiling ceremony, “A New Day for the Old Armory,” for the restored National Guard Old Armory will take place Saturday, March 1 at 6:30 p.m. The event features dinner, music and guest speaker W.S. “Fluke” Holland. The gala will begin with a meet and greet followed by an opening ceremony led […]
AMORY – Nonprofit organization, Community Hearing Amory Needs, Giving Everyday, also known as CHANGE Amory, is seeking to assist individuals and families who are struggling financially by providing a variety of opportunities to break out of the cycle of poverty. CHANGE Amory, a partner of the Gilmore Early Learning Initiative, is a nonprofit, Christian-based organization […]
For the Monroe Journal AMORY – From the first functions hosted in the building, through historic Rockabilly moments and until it was deemed unsafe for use by the public, the Old Armory saw many celebrities and brought great enjoyment to the community of Amory and surrounding Monroe County. In May of 1990, the City of […]
Monroe County will follow suit with a controversial law requiring all voters to show a photo identification card before participating in the democratic process beginning this year. “Everyone will have to show a government-issued photo identification at the polls in June,” said Monroe County Circuit Clerk Judy Butler. The law, which some claim will disproportionately […]
- New Parvin murder trial begins March 3, 2014
- Civil suit filed against former ALC teacher March 6, 2014
- State presents its case in Parvin trial March 6, 2014
- From the Upper East Side: Trojans go downtown late to end Dogs’ season March 6, 2014
- Basketball season comes to a close with Bulldogs a point away from Jackson March 6, 2014
- Amory tops Hatley, Smithville at classic March 9, 2014
- Tubb enjoys cooking and second career March 9, 2014
- Planning meeting held for community garden March 9, 2014
- Lady Lions roll out to a 2-0 start at classic March 8, 2014
- Flower Lovers educated on pollination March 8, 2014
- ForAmory\'sGrowth: All that has been said is that the voters need to ...
- ForAmory\'sGrowth: I want to support you! I did check the records of...
- Doug Cuthbert: My son Josh Cuthbert and I own property in Amory a...
- itspersonal: Since the end of the conflict in 1865 we in the So...
- itspersonal: The records of Amory City Clerk Lee Barnett show t...
- Tubb enjoys cooking and second career http://t.co/CzMuICDzUh 16 hours ago
- Planning meeting held for community garden http://t.co/fSB7DXh33v 16 hours ago
- Flower Lovers educated on pollination http://t.co/3TYkollLie 2 days ago
- Renasant Bank celebrates 110 years of service http://t.co/0X1SBsKhEE 2 days ago
- Parvin defense puts focus on accidental discharge http://t.co/2csKg61IZh 2 days ago