AMORY – At approximately 9:30 a.m. this morning a high pressure gas line behind El Rey Mexican Restaurant was ruptured by a contractor requiring a 3 block evacuation. “Due to wind conditions and the nature of the leak, the neighborhood was evacuated and traffic was blocked from Main Street down to 6th Street,” said E911 […]
About Emily Tubb
Author Archive | Emily Tubb
AMORY – Activity has begun to pick up in the past couple of weeks at Frisco Park. In response to the construction of the park’s interactive fountain, Mayor Brad Blalock urges residents to continue to be patient with the city as progress is being made. “Although it may seem like no work is being done […]
AMORY – While temperatures are heating up outside, the Amory Main Street Association is already dreaming of a white Christmas with the announcement that this year the Amory Garment Christmas tree will be back on display. “We were able to locate it and pleased to say that it is in good condition,” said Main Street […]
AMORY – It looks like the Amory School District will begin the 2015-16 school year with almost a full staff after all. At the regular-called meeting of the Amory School Board June 8, the board approved the following administrative hires: Brian Jones as principal at Amory High School, Kristy Keeton as principal at East Amory […]
AMORY – The Amory Humane Society has recently suffered a setback when its Facebook page got shut down, according to director Misty Gray. “On our first page, we had 5,000 friends and people waiting to be our friend. If we needed something, all we had to do was create a post and the next morning […]
AMORY – Due to Frisco Park construction, this year’s Relay for Life will take place at the Pea Patch on Concord Drive from 2 until 10 p.m. June 13. “We bounced around several ideas before settling on the Pea Patch because there are bathrooms and a pavilion. It will be well suited for Relay for […]
AMORY – While the city was already planning to request a grant through the Mississippi Development Authority to improve drainage, having more than five inches of rain accumulate during the Memorial Day weather system sped up the process. “We have made contact with Three Rivers seeking a grant to upgrade our drainage structures, and we […]
AMORY – Cleanup for the EF1 tornado that blew through Amory on Memorial Day will be left up to the city and volunteers as the area has not been declared a disaster by the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency. “I was told by MEMA that no help would be available federally or on the state level,” […]
AMORY – Residents can now be more interactive with the Amory Police Department thanks to a smartphone app that allows users to receive push notifications letting them know any number of things going on in the city or their particular neighborhood. “There are push options, so people will have a choice of the whole city […]
- Recipes are not yo’ mama’s homemade ice cream June 28, 2015
- Mayor urges patience during interactive fountain construction July 2, 2015
- Gas leak forces evacuation in Amory July 2, 2015
- Voter registration ends Saturday July 2, 2015
- Amory Shootout gives football teams early measuring stick July 2, 2015
- Registration ongoing for small ruminant boot camp July 4, 2015
- Designation of Monroe County to receive FSA disaster loan applications July 4, 2015
- Amory’s Pate signs with ICC July 3, 2015
- Opinions will wave long after the state flag issue dies down, so learn to tolerate them July 3, 2015
- Amory girls sell lemonade for food pantry July 3, 2015
- Linda: These folks were operating in Nashville several ye...
- Ty: If what the writer said were true,minor traffic st...
- Ray Van Dusen: That contact number is 640-2043. Have a blast if y...
- KMyhand: Any contact information or details on how to book ...
- Johndoe: Does Glen Bingham even live in AMory....I thought ...