AMORY – Before passing a resolution stating Amory’s commitment to diversity and hospitality, Mayor Brad Blalock and city attorney John Creekmore took the opportunity to clarify the intent of the statement. “Some people are here due to confusion in the media. This has no bearing on House Bill 1523. That’s a state document that has […]
About Emily Tubb
Author Archive | Emily Tubb
AMORY – At its May 9 meeting, the Amory School Board passed a resolution to request a three-mill note for the district. “We’re still needing infrastructure repair, roofs and bus issues,” said Superintendent Ken Byars. The request will not raise taxes, explained the district’s business manager Leslie Maranto. The objective is to get the operational […]
AMORY – The city is open for business, according to Mayor Brad Blalock and the board of aldermen in regard to the state’s ‘Religious Freedom’ Bill. Resident Judy Crump approached the board at its May 3 meeting to ask city officials to take a public stance in regard to the passing of HB 1523, the […]
According to Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell, two separate shooting investigations during the weekend were under investigation as of Monday morning by his department. Deputies responded to the first case at 10011 Strevel Road in the Darracott community following a report that Tommy Young had been shot in the upper right chest area, according to […]
AMORY – Local resident John David Carlisle wanted to have better access to the shops on Main Street in his wheelchair. “In order to get on a block, I would have to get on and off from the alley. Each block, each time. If my chair had a battery power issue, it would be even […]
AMORY – Local business owner Keith Baxter approached the mayor and board of aldermen April 19 to raise questions regarding city zoning. “As most of you know, we’ve owned our business on Highway 278 for around 18 years. In 2004 it was annexed by the city and re-zoned residential. We have a buyer now who […]
AMORY – The mayor and board of aldermen met with the planning and zoning department April 13 for a work session regarding a proposed rental ordinance two years in the making, and it looks as if there is still more ground to cover. While most of the changes proposed by code enforcement officer David Moore […]
AMORY – The time has finally come for residents who have been waiting for their new, county-issued garbage cans, explains Mayor Brad Blalock. “The cans will be delivered throughout the month. We expect everyone to have a new can by the end of April,” Blalock said. The cans are being issued as the county takes […]
AMORY – Local artist Zach Stallings and his fiance, Sally Laird, have been brainstorming ways to raise money for a new lighting system for the Amory High School auditorium for approximately a year. “The AHS auditorium has the only professional working stage around, but you have to rent a lighting system, which can cost up […]
- Do you know what mental illness feels like? May 21, 2016
- Amory Humane Society holding volunteer days May 26, 2016
- Amory commits to welcoming all through ordinance May 26, 2016
- Shooting incident raises questions about party ordinance May 26, 2016
- Hatley’s Seals rewarded for her perseverance through injury May 26, 2016
- Mental Health and you May 28, 2016
- Leave the caps at home May 28, 2016
- MCSO seeks whereabouts of Nettleton man May 27, 2016
- Arrests made in connection to ATV thefts May 27, 2016
- Supervisors table selection of airport consulting firm May 27, 2016
- Cindy Wilkerson: Thank you to the mayor and to the board of alderme...
- Ellen Redding-Jordan: May she rest in Peace, I meet her and her husband ...
- Gregv Worthey: I couldn't possibly disagree more!! While admitti...
- Jeanette Sudduth: She was a sweet person I got a chance to video her...
- S. Robbins: Every Mayor that's serious about having a good fa...