SMITHVILLE – Access Family Health Clinic will receive a $250,000 grant through the Health Resources and Services Administration to expand mental health and substance abuse services. “We have been providing mental healthcare in Tupelo for our veterans. With this grant, we will be able to expand it to low income and uninsured patients,” said Access […]
About Emily Tubb
Author Archive | Emily Tubb
AMORY – A lot cleaning discussion became heated at the regular-called meeting of the board of aldermen on Nov. 3 when resident Mark Allen demanded to know who was complaining about the condition of his house and accused the board of treating him unfairly. “I have the right to know who my accusers are and […]
Understanding that the holiday season should be a time when giving back is a priority, local organizations are offering several ways for individuals to contribute to the greater good. Aberdeen • The Angel Tree, which serves local children of different ages, is set up in City Hall. Children are represented by different angels on the […]
AMORY – Amory Main Street manager Carol Knight and local businesses are busy preparing for “Be Merry and Mingle (while you spend a little jingle),” the theme for this year’s Holiday Open House set for Nov. 7 and 8 from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. “A majority of our downtown businesses are participating, as well […]
I spent much of last week researching an article that remains incomplete. As everyone knows, the alcohol referendum on Oct. 14 did not pass. As many of you know, there were approximately 205 more people who voted on the sale liquor than on the sale of beer and light wine category. As some of you […]
AMORY – A formal request from a lobby group out of Jackson asking to inspect the ballot box from the Oct. 14 alcohol referendum has been denied by the city, stating that the Attorney General’s office says they don’t have to comply. The request filed on Oct. 14, which was made attention to Amory City […]
AMORY – When it comes to fresh and delicious salad, Monroe Journal readers proclaim that Deli 802 does it best. With more than 20 years in the food industry, Dianna Wilkerson opened Deli 802 back in August with the goal of giving diners a more healthy lunch option. “I wanted to get away fro+m all […]
AMORY – Women First facilitator and cancer survivor Brenda Boozer spoke at Golden Living Center Oct. 21 about her experience with breast cancer and about the mission of Women First. “We are a satellite support group of Tupelo Women first. One of the things we do is provide drain bags. The hospital will call and […]
AMORY – Amory City Clerk Lee Barnett presented the certified results from the Oct. 14 alcohol referendum, which proved to be a close race, at the regular-called city board meeting Oct. 21. A total of 2,403 votes were cast on the liquor issue and a total of 2,198 were cast on the light wine and […]
- Paddling expedition proves to be back to basics approach to life November 14, 2014
- Aberdeen hosts annual community potluck November 18, 2014
- Suspense author featured guest of Booklunch November 18, 2014
- Amory police continue investigation in ‘DB Boyz’ vandalism case November 18, 2014
- White-tailed deer gun season opens Nov. 22 November 18, 2014
- Bulldogs, Lady Bulldogs open with wins on the road November 20, 2014
- Area artisans on display at The Windows November 20, 2014
- It’s not as bad as you think; it’s just a little misunderstood November 20, 2014
- Access Family Health Clinic awarded $250,000 grant November 20, 2014
- Bulldogs blast Vikings, host Kemper next November 19, 2014
- James R White: At least you share the same frustration that Chris...
- D. Stan: So what are they hiding? If it is questionable wou...
- john: Its astonishing to me that its 2014 and people are...
- my3sons: Thank you for this article Emily. It is very well ...
- D. K.: Anyone knows that the more evil of the two is hard...
- Aberdeen man charged with child molestation http://t.co/39M4ZoQJQE 1 day ago
- Aberdeen lands three major fishing tournaments http://t.co/Aqjp5miXju 2 days ago
- Aberdeen School District reclaims its accreditation http://t.co/qk9Fdx9Uky 2 days ago
- What’s your reason to quit? http://t.co/Nu6AzDwRkQ 2 days ago
- Wicker speaks to Amory veterans’ breakfast http://t.co/iDf9Xo6MSU 2 days ago