AMORY – The Monroe County Chamber of Commerce hosted a legislative breakfast Dec. 2 at the Gilmore Foundation Conference Center where Rep. Chris Brown, Sen. Hob Bryan and Rep. Steve Holland briefly spoke on what is, or should be, on the horizon in the 2015 legislative session. “The governor issued his executive budget recommendation with […]
About Emily Tubb
Author Archive | Emily Tubb
AMORY – After 35 years in the Amory Fire Department and 23 years as chief, Jimmy Bost is retiring from the department’s top post at the end of December. “This job is nothing like it was when I first started. Actually, no one else wanted it back then,” laughed Bost, who explained that, at that […]
AMORY – The board voted to honor the late Rev. Benjamin Wax by renaming the West Amory Community Center after him at the regular-called meeting on Dec. 2. Wax was an influential community member who, at the time of his passing, was pastor at four churches and had been a strong presence at the community […]
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Department has had several calls from residents stating they have received a call telling them they have a bad check out and if they don’t pay it they will be arrested. The caller will then ask for credit card or banking information. The MCSO wants to inform everyone this is a […]
AMORY – The Amory Dance Centre will bring Tchaikovsky’s The Nutcracker to life again this year with a few surprises. “We’ve got new props, sets and effects. There will be some big surprises, too,” said Amory Dance Centre owner, operator and dance instructor Sally Herring Laird. The production will take place this year at the […]
AMORY – Circuit Court Judge Thomas Gardner has ordered a ballot box inspection of Amory’s alcohol referendum that was held in October. The order was signed at 4 p.m., Nov. 26, according to Let’s Grow Amory member Doug Cuthbert. Amory City Attorney John Creekmore said that the city offered no objection to the inspection. “The […]
The Mississippi School Boards Association (MSBA) has awarded the Amory School District the Beacon Award and the Monroe County School District the Lantern Award. “It’s the highest honor MSBA gives and is based on academic performance,” said ASD Superintendent Tony Cook. The Beacon, which the district received last year as well, is an award for […]
AMORY – The Amory Board of Aldermen recently authorized Mayor Brad Blalock to enter into a purchase agreement of 90 acres at Amory Port North to Zilkha Biomass Energy for the production of the company’s Zilkha Black® pellets for the early stages of a contract. “Based on the option agreement, the company will invest in […]
AMORY – Police are searching for two suspects who got away after breaking into the AT&T store. Police say it happened around 3:30 this morning, according to WTVA. The three individuals led police on a chase that ended when the vehicle crashed on Concord Avenue. One of the suspects was apprehended but police are still […]
- Mother, son arrested for Evergreen burglary December 11, 2014
- Bost to retire as Amory Fire Chief December 11, 2014
- Cheese balls a tradition for Christmas gatherings December 14, 2014
- Deadline approaches for ICC’s Adult Learner Incentive Scholarship December 15, 2014
- Legislators touch on pre-session issues during legislative breakfast December 15, 2014
- Wave hand Bulldogs first loss December 17, 2014
- Greenwood Springs man faces drug charge, parole violation December 17, 2014
- Financial difficulties force upcoming sale of River Birch December 17, 2014
- Aberdeen taking hopeful steps towards new historical district December 17, 2014
- One vehicle accident claims life of Wren man December 16, 2014
- Diva: Nothing like doing the meth with the kids!...
- James R White: At least you share the same frustration that Chris...
- D. Stan: So what are they hiding? If it is questionable wou...
- john: Its astonishing to me that its 2014 and people are...
- my3sons: Thank you for this article Emily. It is very well ...
- Greenwood Springs man faces drug charge, parole violation http://t.co/S36hkXWlcq 11 hours ago
- Financial difficulties force upcoming sale of River Birch http://t.co/IUg6zxmkbj 12 hours ago
- Aberdeen taking hopeful steps towards new historical district http://t.co/v59HIRoae5 14 hours ago
- One vehicle accident claims life of Wren man http://t.co/siESxFgGtx 1 day ago
- Land transforms from dairy farm to air strip http://t.co/BoOX4clW9g 2 days ago