About Charlie LangfordCharlie Langford is the general manager of the Monroe Journal.
Author Archive | Charlie Langford
WHAT: The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) advises motorists in north Mississippi to use caution when traveling in the counties affected by winter weather conditions. WHERE: MDOT crews report ice on bridges and roadways in the following counties: Alcorn, Benton, Bolivar, Calhoun, Coahoma, DeSoto, Holmes, Lafayette, Lee, Marshall, Panola, Pontotoc, Prentiss, Quitman, Tallahatchie, Tate, […]
Hey Monroe, renew your subscription or start one and you could win two tickets to the Memphis Grizzlies-Indiana Pacers game March 22. Text your name and address to 662.597.1381 to place your order and get entered into the drawing. These are floor seats valued at $332 each.
For the Monroe Journal AMORY – Ole Miss football player Channing Ward has pleaded guilty to a DUI charge. Ward, 21, of Aberdeen, was arrested Jan. 19 by the Mississippi Highway Patrol, and in court on Wednesday he entered a plea of guilty to DUI other substance and to no proof of liability insurance. He […]
When I first started working out of our Monroe County offices almost six years ago, I learned one thing very quickly about the county’s residents – they are very opinionated. Regularly, my phone lights up with someone wanting to share an opinion about the issues of the day. Being a general manager of a weekly […]
I read with great interest in Saturday’s Daily Journal the rosters for the Senior Bowl. Don’t ask me why I was interested in the Senior Bowl rosters. The only slightly local connection was Mississippi State’s offensive lineman Gabe Jackson. Anyway, I was thumbing through the Sports section and the rosters were on page 4B so […]
Associated Press A faulty space heater was cited in the deaths of four people in an overnight mobile home fire at 2300 Highway 371 south in Itawamba County. Sheriff Chris Dickinson said the ages of those killed in the mobile home fire range from three months old to 30 years old. He said nine people […]
TUPELO — Belinda Foster, indigent reimbursement coordinator for Outpatient Infusion, was named December’s Employee of the Month for North Mississippi Medical Center. A graduate of Nettleton High School, Foster first joined NMMC as a full-time employee in 1994 working in the Pharmacy at the Main Unit. She served as ward secretary and later as a […]
Representative Chris Brown to Host Mississippi Solutions- an Ideas Tour Rep. Chris Brown, R-Aberdeen, is hosting idea-sharing forums for all of District 20. “The goal of the meetings is to hear from those who have given me the privilege of serving. There are so many vital issues facing our state and I value and need […]
- New Parvin murder trial begins March 3, 2014
- Civil suit filed against former ALC teacher March 6, 2014
- State presents its case in Parvin trial March 6, 2014
- From the Upper East Side: Trojans go downtown late to end Dogs’ season March 6, 2014
- Basketball season comes to a close with Bulldogs a point away from Jackson March 6, 2014
- Amory tops Hatley, Smithville at classic March 9, 2014
- Tubb enjoys cooking and second career March 9, 2014
- Planning meeting held for community garden March 9, 2014
- Lady Lions roll out to a 2-0 start at classic March 8, 2014
- Flower Lovers educated on pollination March 8, 2014
- ForAmory\'sGrowth: All that has been said is that the voters need to ...
- ForAmory\'sGrowth: I want to support you! I did check the records of...
- Doug Cuthbert: My son Josh Cuthbert and I own property in Amory a...
- itspersonal: Since the end of the conflict in 1865 we in the So...
- itspersonal: The records of Amory City Clerk Lee Barnett show t...
- Tubb enjoys cooking and second career http://t.co/CzMuICDzUh 8 hours ago
- Planning meeting held for community garden http://t.co/fSB7DXh33v 8 hours ago
- Flower Lovers educated on pollination http://t.co/3TYkollLie 1 day ago
- Renasant Bank celebrates 110 years of service http://t.co/0X1SBsKhEE 1 day ago
- Parvin defense puts focus on accidental discharge http://t.co/2csKg61IZh 2 days ago