Amory’s Charity Gordon completed today’s Boston Marathon with a time of 04:33:48. She finished 1,609 in the Female 40-44 division. She finished in 22,635 place overall.
About Charlie LangfordCharlie Langford is the general manager of the Monroe Journal.
Author Archive | Charlie Langford
By JB Clark Daily Journal NETTLETON – The three men killed in a shootout on Main Street have been identified as two brothers and an acquaintance. Ottis Eugene Bass, 49, and Joseph Bass, 44, both of Shannon died at the scene and Jamie Guin, 33, of Mantachie, died at North Mississippi Medical Center, according to […]
By JB Clark Daily Journal SHANNON – A Shannon woman was arrested on aggravated assault charges Tuesday after police put out word last week they were searching for her. Karissa Hill, 25, of Shannon, was charged with aggravated assault and domestic violence after police allege she hit her husband Demetrius Hill with her vehicle on […]
For the Monroe Journal What does an inmate serving a life sentence in a maximum security prison in Louisiana and a group of middle school, high school and college students from Mississippi have in common? In this case, a common desire to spread the word of God to the least of his flock. And that […]
WHAT: The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) advises motorists in north Mississippi to use caution when traveling in the counties affected by winter weather conditions. WHERE: MDOT crews report ice on bridges and roadways in the following counties: Alcorn, Benton, Bolivar, Calhoun, Coahoma, DeSoto, Holmes, Lafayette, Lee, Marshall, Panola, Pontotoc, Prentiss, Quitman, Tallahatchie, Tate, […]
Hey Monroe, renew your subscription or start one and you could win two tickets to the Memphis Grizzlies-Indiana Pacers game March 22. Text your name and address to 662.597.1381 to place your order and get entered into the drawing. These are floor seats valued at $332 each.
For the Monroe Journal AMORY – Ole Miss football player Channing Ward has pleaded guilty to a DUI charge. Ward, 21, of Aberdeen, was arrested Jan. 19 by the Mississippi Highway Patrol, and in court on Wednesday he entered a plea of guilty to DUI other substance and to no proof of liability insurance. He […]
When I first started working out of our Monroe County offices almost six years ago, I learned one thing very quickly about the county’s residents – they are very opinionated. Regularly, my phone lights up with someone wanting to share an opinion about the issues of the day. Being a general manager of a weekly […]
- Reflections of festival bring to mind the tacky and the classy April 17, 2014
- Scholarship applications available through MACD April 21, 2014
- Amory runner reclaims motivation through RR Festival 5K April 21, 2014
- West Point man charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon April 21, 2014
- Former police officer dies from complications from bike accident April 21, 2014
- The most ominous time of the year could be anytime, anywhere April 24, 2014
- Mississippi Highway Patrol issues amber alert for missing child April 23, 2014
- MCSO participates in Drug Take Back Initiative April 23, 2014
- Amory art students to host showcase April 23, 2014
- Officer’s suspension signals more drama stemming from wrecker wars saga April 23, 2014
- former runner: I hope this program will get the financial support...
- Ronald: The pic your looking at is a different a Joshua an...
- DSG: I don't see a scratch on him??? Was that picture ...
- Here for Now: It's not like at least half the town isn't drink...
- Isn\'t This the 21st Century: Bishop Freeman I've eaten at O'charleys, Chilis,...
- The most ominous time of the year could be anytime, anywhere http://t.co/utYeeVxVDe 4 hours ago
- Mississippi Highway Patrol issues amber alert for missing child http://t.co/ExR5YqCmVy 11 hours ago
- MCSO participates in Drug Take Back Initiative http://t.co/2Yx2NLJ0R3 13 hours ago
- Amory art students to host showcase http://t.co/YAlOmxWaIa 13 hours ago
- Officer’s suspension signals more drama stemming from wrecker wars saga http://t.co/dCV1R5GIjE 19 hours ago