Amory’s Charity Gordon completed today’s Boston Marathon with a time of 04:33:48. She finished 1,609 in the Female 40-44 division. She finished in 22,635 place overall.
About Charlie LangfordCharlie Langford is the general manager of the Monroe Journal.
Author Archive | Charlie Langford
By JB Clark Daily Journal NETTLETON – The three men killed in a shootout on Main Street have been identified as two brothers and an acquaintance. Ottis Eugene Bass, 49, and Joseph Bass, 44, both of Shannon died at the scene and Jamie Guin, 33, of Mantachie, died at North Mississippi Medical Center, according to […]
By JB Clark Daily Journal SHANNON – A Shannon woman was arrested on aggravated assault charges Tuesday after police put out word last week they were searching for her. Karissa Hill, 25, of Shannon, was charged with aggravated assault and domestic violence after police allege she hit her husband Demetrius Hill with her vehicle on […]
For the Monroe Journal What does an inmate serving a life sentence in a maximum security prison in Louisiana and a group of middle school, high school and college students from Mississippi have in common? In this case, a common desire to spread the word of God to the least of his flock. And that […]
WHAT: The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) advises motorists in north Mississippi to use caution when traveling in the counties affected by winter weather conditions. WHERE: MDOT crews report ice on bridges and roadways in the following counties: Alcorn, Benton, Bolivar, Calhoun, Coahoma, DeSoto, Holmes, Lafayette, Lee, Marshall, Panola, Pontotoc, Prentiss, Quitman, Tallahatchie, Tate, […]
Hey Monroe, renew your subscription or start one and you could win two tickets to the Memphis Grizzlies-Indiana Pacers game March 22. Text your name and address to 662.597.1381 to place your order and get entered into the drawing. These are floor seats valued at $332 each.
For the Monroe Journal AMORY – Ole Miss football player Channing Ward has pleaded guilty to a DUI charge. Ward, 21, of Aberdeen, was arrested Jan. 19 by the Mississippi Highway Patrol, and in court on Wednesday he entered a plea of guilty to DUI other substance and to no proof of liability insurance. He […]
When I first started working out of our Monroe County offices almost six years ago, I learned one thing very quickly about the county’s residents – they are very opinionated. Regularly, my phone lights up with someone wanting to share an opinion about the issues of the day. Being a general manager of a weekly […]
- Organic Gardening: A Few Basic Thoughts April 16, 2014
- Vikings’ pitcher keeps Lady Noles guessing April 19, 2014
- Lady Tigers sweep Hamilton, Smithville in tourney April 19, 2014
- Easy Easter dinner menu gives ideas for the holiday meal April 20, 2014
- Youth, weights have carried Nettleton softball April 20, 2014
- Officer’s suspension signals more drama stemming from wrecker wars saga April 23, 2014
- Amory aldermen set proposed rental ordinance hearing for city April 23, 2014
- Paying tribute to our Girl Scout volunteers April 23, 2014
- Lady Panthers take control in division game April 22, 2014
- Defense holds strong for Nettleton in division win April 22, 2014
- former runner: I hope this program will get the financial support...
- Ronald: The pic your looking at is a different a Joshua an...
- DSG: I don't see a scratch on him??? Was that picture ...
- Here for Now: It's not like at least half the town isn't drink...
- Isn\'t This the 21st Century: Bishop Freeman I've eaten at O'charleys, Chilis,...
- Officer’s suspension signals more drama stemming from wrecker wars saga http://t.co/dCV1R5GIjE 4 hours ago
- Amory aldermen set proposed rental ordinance hearing for city http://t.co/AutGXzbo8y 4 hours ago
- Paying tribute to our Girl Scout volunteers http://t.co/vCnXNu3RMd 4 hours ago
- New playground in the works for West Amory http://t.co/IVhFtytLwb 19 hours ago
- County receives MDE grant for resource officer salaries http://t.co/o2XCxMZGr8 20 hours ago