By JB Clark Daily Journal NETTLETON – The three men killed in a shootout on Main Street have been identified as two brothers and an acquaintance. Otis Eugene Bass, 49, and Joseph Bass, 44, both of Shannon died at the scene and Jamie Guin, 33, of Mantachie, died at North Mississippi Medical Center, according to […]
About Charlie LangfordCharlie Langford is the general manager of the Monroe Journal.
Author Archive | Charlie Langford
By JB Clark Daily Journal SHANNON – A Shannon woman was arrested on aggravated assault charges Tuesday after police put out word last week they were searching for her. Karissa Hill, 25, of Shannon, was charged with aggravated assault and domestic violence after police allege she hit her husband Demetrius Hill with her vehicle on […]
For the Monroe Journal What does an inmate serving a life sentence in a maximum security prison in Louisiana and a group of middle school, high school and college students from Mississippi have in common? In this case, a common desire to spread the word of God to the least of his flock. And that […]
WHAT: The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) advises motorists in north Mississippi to use caution when traveling in the counties affected by winter weather conditions. WHERE: MDOT crews report ice on bridges and roadways in the following counties: Alcorn, Benton, Bolivar, Calhoun, Coahoma, DeSoto, Holmes, Lafayette, Lee, Marshall, Panola, Pontotoc, Prentiss, Quitman, Tallahatchie, Tate, […]
Hey Monroe, renew your subscription or start one and you could win two tickets to the Memphis Grizzlies-Indiana Pacers game March 22. Text your name and address to 662.597.1381 to place your order and get entered into the drawing. These are floor seats valued at $332 each.
For the Monroe Journal AMORY – Ole Miss football player Channing Ward has pleaded guilty to a DUI charge. Ward, 21, of Aberdeen, was arrested Jan. 19 by the Mississippi Highway Patrol, and in court on Wednesday he entered a plea of guilty to DUI other substance and to no proof of liability insurance. He […]
When I first started working out of our Monroe County offices almost six years ago, I learned one thing very quickly about the county’s residents – they are very opinionated. Regularly, my phone lights up with someone wanting to share an opinion about the issues of the day. Being a general manager of a weekly […]
I read with great interest in Saturday’s Daily Journal the rosters for the Senior Bowl. Don’t ask me why I was interested in the Senior Bowl rosters. The only slightly local connection was Mississippi State’s offensive lineman Gabe Jackson. Anyway, I was thumbing through the Sports section and the rosters were on page 4B so […]
- County named in $500,000 lawsuit April 15, 2014
- What we trade for the people who we become April 11, 2014
- WAES awarded AR Model and Master School certification April 15, 2014
- Noles take control in division with win at TCPS April 15, 2014
- Organic Gardening: A Few Basic Thoughts April 16, 2014
- Afternoon wreck sends one to the hospital April 17, 2014
- Strong pitching, hitting lift Tigers over Walnut April 17, 2014
- MSU Extension Service hosts tomato workshop April 17, 2014
- Otis Bass identified as Nettleton shooter April 17, 2014
- New logo, website signal image makeover for chamber April 17, 2014
- former runner: I hope this program will get the financial support...
- Ronald: The pic your looking at is a different a Joshua an...
- DSG: I don't see a scratch on him??? Was that picture ...
- Here for Now: It's not like at least half the town isn't drink...
- Isn\'t This the 21st Century: Bishop Freeman I've eaten at O'charleys, Chilis,...
- Afternoon wreck sends one to the hospital http://t.co/exr64TMvwP 1 hour ago
- MSU Extension Service hosts tomato workshop http://t.co/ybKxAXkti8 9 hours ago
- Nettleton shooting victims identified http://t.co/lqEboZkaCs 9 hours ago
- New logo, website signal image makeover for chamber http://t.co/iIcHgjEci9 11 hours ago
- Voter ID information session scheduled http://t.co/0fZ7Nfgt3i 11 hours ago