AMORY – The Children of Monroe County (CMC) St. Jude Run Team is busy raising money for their third annual run, which will be held in Memphis Dec. 6. The team, which consists of 31 members, is busy running around collecting donations from residents of businesses of Monroe County. While brainstorming fundraising ideas, team members […]
About Alice Ortiz
Author Archive | Alice Ortiz
AMORY – On Thursday, the local Farm Bureau Federation hosted a tailgating party for the Amory Panther football team in preparation for the A-game against Aberdeen High School. The event featured grilled hot dogs. There were goodies in a paper bag given to each player. Items in the bag represented Mississippi farmers. The bag, […]
AMORY – A memorial service was held on Friday, Sept. 12, at Amory Church of Christ for the five South Carolina children who were last seen alive Aug. 28 when their father, Timothy Jones Jr., picked them up from school and day care. The children are believed to have been killed in South Carolina and […]
NETTLETON – The expansion of HomeStretch Furniture in Nettleton is progressing after a delay related to soil conditions. According to Monroe County Chamber of Commerce Director Skip Scaggs, the chamber was contacted by the HomeStretch owner, Skipper Holliman, who reported a potential issue with the access road. “We worked with Monroe County engineers, the City […]
NETTLETON – What started about five years ago as a dream of Nettleton residents Joe Hester, Paul Waddle, Jimmy Young and Billy Cheek has finally come to fruition. “I guess I initiated it,” Hester said. “I thought we needed something to identify veterans. Paul, Jimmy, Billy and I formed a committee to see what we […]
AMORY – When the Mississippi State football schedule comes out, Matt Chisholm of Amory and his parents, Bob and Gail, of Tupelo, sit down in the summer and start planning their tailgating. They can’t always predict the playing time for some games, but otherwise they use the schedule and everything is planned. Such is the […]
AMORY – The 11th Annual Community Bible Study Conference will be held at Meadowood Baptist Church on Sept. 19 and 20. “We are doing something a little different this year,” said Lisa McCain, president of the Community Bible Study board. “We are trying to focus more on what our personal mission field is. “What we […]
GREENWOOD SPRINGS – Ruth Kimbrough thinks she was about 8 years old when she started cooking. Her mother was often sick and with four kids in the house, she had to help cook. “I think the first thing I cooked was fried potatoes in a black skillet and cornbread. We ate a lot of potatoes. […]
AMORY – Dr. Benjamin Boatright joined Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center’s Amory Gastroenterology Clinic in early August. He shares an office with Dr. Joseph Bailey and Family Nurse Practitioner Tim Watson. Boatright, a native of Oxford, played football at Ole Miss and completed his residency and gastroenterology fellowship at the University of Mississippi School of […]
- Several pieces go into county’s annual tax puzzle September 9, 2014
- Where’s the level of grace when the evil is of Biblical proportions? September 13, 2014
- Monroe football scores: Week 4 September 12, 2014
- Memorial service held for five slain children September 12, 2014
- Monroe football previews: Week 3 September 12, 2014
- September booklunch hosts Oxford author September 16, 2014
- Choice Bus impacts students’ decisions September 16, 2014
- Booster club hosts glow ball tournament September 15, 2014
- Aberdeen aldermen meeting scheduled for Monday September 15, 2014
- Monroe County St. Jude Run Team sets goal of $25,000 September 15, 2014
- Jennifer: Amory is turning into another version of Aberdeen....
- caleb: I can trap beaver in Monroe ms trapperman201 4@yah...
- Belinda Sue Beckley: Dr.Neil Wanee was my Dr in Fishers, Indiana for 4 ...
- Doug Cuthbert: You are correct I am not registered to vote here. ...
- weedeater: Great job for Amory's new mayor! Shoot down the ...
- Booster club hosts glow ball tournament http://t.co/u6HUhbAv7E 13 hours ago
- Aberdeen aldermen meeting scheduled for Monday http://t.co/omJneyH7QQ 16 hours ago
- Monroe County St. Jude Run Team sets goal of $25,000 http://t.co/6BAaqxyXA8 19 hours ago
- Financial Peace University provides hope to local families http://t.co/BPEEgpXwhD 19 hours ago
- Riding ATVs in public streams is illegal http://t.co/u3cdLCjgmI 2 days ago