Several area churches and other groups will host free Thanksgiving meals for those who need a holiday meal, or just want to enjoy fellowship with others. Aberdeen The annual Walker Family Thanksgiving meal will be held on Thanksgiving Day from 12 until 2 p.m. at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center. For deliveries, call […]
About Alice Ortiz
Author Archive | Alice Ortiz
ABERDEEN – Eating in the lunchroom is not what it used to be. Aberdeen School District Food Service Director Barbara Vasser has been on board since January 2015, and things have certainly changed in how and what the students are eating. “I interviewed and was hired on the same day,” said Vasser. “Out of the […]
For the Monroe Journal AMORY – Plans are in full swing for The Windows 2015 annual Holiday Market this weekend on Nov. 20, from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. and Nov. 21, from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. Many favorite vendors will be returning along with new vendors and an abundance of good food. “Since […]
AMORY – Three years ago, Amory High School Ducks Unlimited Chapter was the first high school chapter in the state. As more high schools across the state have followed suit, Amory’s chapter has still ranked number one in fundraising and number of people at its event. “Our 2014 Ducks Unlimited event earned us number six […]
AMORY – This year’s annual Amory Main Street Chili Cook-off Fundraiser was the largest since the tradition began. More than 2,300 estimated people attended the Oct. 29 event. There was a large number of chili entries, but the judges chose as this year’s winners the following: Renasant Bank Touchdown Chili Second place winner and winner […]
The Mississippi Department of Education recently announced the second class of its Superintendent’s Academy. The academy is an advanced leadership training program to assist district leaders in their efforts to improve student outcomes. “Participation in the academy is by invitation only, and to be selected is an honor for the superintendent and for his or […]
When area Christmas parades begin, the holiday season can’t be far behind. The county’s parade season begins in Nettleton this year. Nettleton The Nettleton Christmas Parade, which is sponsored by the Friends of Nettleton and the Nettleton Volunteer Fire Department, will be held Monday, Nov. 30, at 7 p.m. The parade will begin at Nettleton […]
AMORY – Anna Brooke Bryant was going to be in Teen Mississippi and knew she had to have a platform. Since she loves animals, has several animals and loves playing with them, she wanted something to do with animals. She has taken that love for animals and named her program, “P.A.U.S.E. for a Cause.” P.A.U.S.E. […]
One of the advantages of working for the newspaper is coming in contact with lots of people. While trying to track down people and write articles on breast cancer is not a fun thing, the people I have met have made a lasting impression on me. This year, it has been my privilege to interview […]
- Pioneer hosts state of the hospital address November 18, 2015
- Aberdeen’s food service is top of the line November 22, 2015
- Belle Student News an alternative to morning announcements November 23, 2015
- Remembering a veteran of three wars November 23, 2015
- Aberdeen School District settles with former coach November 23, 2015
- Orr makes key plays to top East Side November 25, 2015
- Panthers earn sweep over New Albany November 25, 2015
- Volunteers provide fellowship and Thanksgiving meals November 25, 2015
- Aberdeen High School band marching in Chicago Thanksgiving Day Parade November 25, 2015
- Lady Panthers sink key free throws to beat Nettleton November 24, 2015
- Marty Harris: I hope that they do get the speeders slowed down b...
- Scott: Thanks Chris, cool to see you guys doing these thi...
- Kelly Wolfe: Dr. Neil Wanee had been our family doctor for 28 y...
- Carlos: This sounds really nice. I think it not possible d...
- WeldingTodayDotCom : Good thing that women also are showing their inter...