AMORY – The Amory Main Street Fall Festival, held on Frisco Park on Oct. 30, was a tremendous success. More than 1,500 people were estimated to have attended the event. There were more than 20 chili entries in the chili cook-off competition. After judging, the following chili recipes were chosen as first-, second- and third […]
About Alice Ortiz
Author Archive | Alice Ortiz
AMORY – Helping with sports medicine in college seems like a glamorous job at a glance, but it is really hard work and a long commitment. Kelsey Cadden of Amory has been involved with the sports medicine department at Ole Miss for almost as long as she’s been enrolled there. The junior travels to all […]
AMORY – Approximately 400 people attended this year’s salute to veterans sponsored by Community Bank, which was held at the Amory National Guard Armory. The event has been held for more than 25 years. “Community Bank is honored to be able to sponsor this event every year. What began over 25 years ago with a […]
For the Monroe Journal As of Nov. 15, Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center is able to help area residents learn about and enroll in health insurance options on the Health Insurance Marketplace. As part of the Affordable Care Act, most U.S. citizens are required to have health insurance beginning in 2014. During the first enrollment wave, […]
For the Monroe Journal The Eldridge Benefit Team consists of motorcycle and antique car enthusiasts from Northeast Mississippi and Northwest Alabama joining hands with the community to lend support in financial aid and awareness of the Eldridge Children’s Home in Eldridge, Alabama. Since 1948, this home has given a home to children in all age […]
AMORY – The Wright Cabin at the Amory Regional Museum has been temporarily closed due to repairs. “The inside of the cabin is good, but the outside that is open to the weather needs work,” said Bo Miller, museum director. “If we don’t fix it, we are going to lose it.” The cabin was built […]
AMORY – The Culinary Arts classes at Amory Career and Technical Center are selling frozen entrees as a fundraising project. The culinary class #1 is doing the “mise-en-place,” which is the prep work and the culinary class #2 is preparing and assembling the food. Instructor Dianne Young has assembled an array of dishes that will […]
AMORY – At the first meeting of the year for Flower Lovers Garden Club, Doris Ebner of Columbus gave a presentation on growing the club’s membership. There were four guests at the luncheon, and two became members. There are currently 23 members in the Flower Lovers Garden Club. The club has several activities planned for […]
The Cotton Gin Port and Tombigbee chapters of the Daughters of the American Revolution held a combined meeting Oct. 28 and toured the historic homestead of the Dalrymple family before visiting the Cotton Gin Port DAR marker. The home was built in 1837 by Dr. James Young Thompson, who is believed to be the first […]
- Amory Culinary Arts fundraiser lifeline for the holidays November 16, 2014
- Turnovers doom Noles in first round November 19, 2014
- Aberdeen man charged with child molestation November 19, 2014
- Bulldogs blast Vikings, host Kemper next November 19, 2014
- Access Family Health Clinic awarded $250,000 grant November 20, 2014
- Fall Festival chili winners share recipes November 23, 2014
- Mississippi’s duck season opens Nov. 27 November 22, 2014
- Area students work in Ole Miss sports medicine November 22, 2014
- Auxiliary Unit 26 hosts annual balloon release November 22, 2014
- Monroe football preview: Third round November 21, 2014
- James R White: At least you share the same frustration that Chris...
- D. Stan: So what are they hiding? If it is questionable wou...
- john: Its astonishing to me that its 2014 and people are...
- my3sons: Thank you for this article Emily. It is very well ...
- D. K.: Anyone knows that the more evil of the two is hard...
- Fall Festival chili winners share recipes http://t.co/9AFpM86hg6 5 hours ago
- Okolona man charged with grand theft of an automobile http://t.co/S5TeJWvHsZ 2 days ago
- Christmas parades help usher in holiday spirit http://t.co/MHbLHnO69R 2 days ago
- AHS gains, more public involvement among P16 talking points http://t.co/RPOVyLVqqg 2 days ago
- Aberdeen man charged with child molestation http://t.co/39M4ZoQJQE 4 days ago