City abandons alley way in neighborhood dispute
AMORY – In a follow up to an alley dispute among neighbors, the board has determined that the city has constructively abandoned the alley.
“If the board finds that the city has not used the alley in over 10 years, that constitutes abandonment and the property goes to the adjoining landowners,” said City Attorney John Creekmore.
The board approved a waiver request from Danny Sanders on the rental and deposit fee to use the National Guard Old Armory for the Cruisin’ Flashback Classic car Display and Sock Hop Aug. 23. All of the proceeds go directly back into the Old Armory Reborn fund through the CREATE Foundation.
In other business, the board approved:
• The appointments of Curtis Lewellen, Phillip Hathcock and Floyd Smith to the election commission.
• The appointments of Pam Caldwell and Kathy Nerren to the museum board.
In an executive session, Amory Code Enforcement Officer Russell Butler was granted permission to contact local businesses who are delinquent on their privilege licenses.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Emily Tubb
- Riverview Garden Club hosts luncheon May 22, 2016
- Shooting incident raises questions about party ordinance May 26, 2016
- Hatley’s Seals rewarded for her perseverance through injury May 26, 2016
- Communities honoring those passed with Memorial Day ceremonies May 27, 2016
- Aberdeen PTO presidents host parent forum May 27, 2016
- Social Security Center: Shame on you May 29, 2016
- Gadow shares some of family’s favorite recipes May 29, 2016
- Mental Health and you May 28, 2016
- Leave the caps at home May 28, 2016
- MCSO seeks whereabouts of Nettleton man May 27, 2016
- Cindy Wilkerson: Thank you to the mayor and to the board of alderme...
- Ellen Redding-Jordan: May she rest in Peace, I meet her and her husband ...
- Gregv Worthey: I couldn't possibly disagree more!! While admitti...
- Jeanette Sudduth: She was a sweet person I got a chance to video her...
- S. Robbins: Every Mayor that's serious about having a good fa...