City abandons alley way in neighborhood dispute
AMORY – In a follow up to an alley dispute among neighbors, the board has determined that the city has constructively abandoned the alley.
“If the board finds that the city has not used the alley in over 10 years, that constitutes abandonment and the property goes to the adjoining landowners,” said City Attorney John Creekmore.
The board approved a waiver request from Danny Sanders on the rental and deposit fee to use the National Guard Old Armory for the Cruisin’ Flashback Classic car Display and Sock Hop Aug. 23. All of the proceeds go directly back into the Old Armory Reborn fund through the CREATE Foundation.
In other business, the board approved:
• The appointments of Curtis Lewellen, Phillip Hathcock and Floyd Smith to the election commission.
• The appointments of Pam Caldwell and Kathy Nerren to the museum board.
In an executive session, Amory Code Enforcement Officer Russell Butler was granted permission to contact local businesses who are delinquent on their privilege licenses.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Emily Tubb
- Six ways to talk about money with your family February 7, 2016
- Job shadowing is another idea of keeping us out of the shadows February 11, 2016
- Aberdeen weighs in thoughts on Strategic Doing pilot program February 11, 2016
- Group effort carries Hatley girls over Nettleton February 11, 2016
- Young to Prather surprise lifts Bulldogs past Troopers February 11, 2016
- Four Bulldogs sign to play at the next level February 13, 2016
- Smithville’s Barrett inks with ICC softball February 13, 2016
- Hamilton’s Heard takes his speed to Northwest February 13, 2016
- Smithville lineman Cantrell inks with Northwest February 13, 2016
- Nettleton dual-sport athlete Long signs with ICC February 13, 2016
- Diva: Thank God I won't be called for jury duty on this...
- carrollwhite: Come to Aberdeen on our street you can smell it al...
- Kim Stringfield: There have been a lot of huskies come up missing i...
- Laurenda Provias Richardson: Very well written Ray !!! All the memories ... All...
- shanette: Good for MCSO! I hope this case will bring much ne...