City abandons alley way in neighborhood dispute
AMORY – In a follow up to an alley dispute among neighbors, the board has determined that the city has constructively abandoned the alley.
“If the board finds that the city has not used the alley in over 10 years, that constitutes abandonment and the property goes to the adjoining landowners,” said City Attorney John Creekmore.
The board approved a waiver request from Danny Sanders on the rental and deposit fee to use the National Guard Old Armory for the Cruisin’ Flashback Classic car Display and Sock Hop Aug. 23. All of the proceeds go directly back into the Old Armory Reborn fund through the CREATE Foundation.
In other business, the board approved:
• The appointments of Curtis Lewellen, Phillip Hathcock and Floyd Smith to the election commission.
• The appointments of Pam Caldwell and Kathy Nerren to the museum board.
In an executive session, Amory Code Enforcement Officer Russell Butler was granted permission to contact local businesses who are delinquent on their privilege licenses.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Emily Tubb
- Closed door discussion dismisses on positive note between county, U.S. Marshals June 20, 2016
- Nettleton’s Ferguson gives back to school June 23, 2016
- Aberdeen man loses life following traffic accident June 23, 2016
- Bike nights to be held in Vinegar Bend June 24, 2016
- Several activities encompassing Aberdeen Fourth of July festivities June 24, 2016
- Aberdeen School District holding budget hearing June 27, 2016
- Westlake Chemical to acquire shares of Axiall Corporation June 27, 2016
- Landmark designation sought for Hatley School June 27, 2016
- Customers at Country Kitchen are like family June 26, 2016
- Amory represents in Miss Mississippi Top 5 June 25, 2016
- Robert Pope: Theys a Explosive an bomb unit circling the block....
- Carlos Ann Sanders: Congratulations to the Amory Panthers and to Coach...
- Anti-bigot: This article is a joke just like this county and t...
- Average Joe: Finally, an article that embodies the true spirit ...
- Mary C. Vandiver-Spann: Yes I also Thank you Alice. I agree in is also poo...