For the Monroe Journal
AMORY – Ole Miss football player Channing Ward has pleaded guilty to a DUI charge.
Ward, 21, of Aberdeen, was arrested Jan. 19 by the Mississippi Highway Patrol, and in court on Wednesday he entered a plea of guilty to DUI other substance and to no proof of liability insurance.
He was fined $1,234.50 for the DUI and must attend the Mississippi Alcohol Safety Education Program in order to regain his driver’s license, and he must also attend a Victim Impact Panel class.
Ward was also fined the minimum of $216.50 for the no proof of insurance charge after later providing the correct insurance. A charge of improper equipment was dismissed after Ward had a broken taillight repaired.
Ward, a rising junior, played in 12 games last season for the Rebels at defensive end and on special teams. He recorded 21 tackles and 1.5 tackles-for-loss.
As a senior at Aberdeen High School in 2010, Ward was named the Daily Journal Defensive Player of the Year and played in the Under Armour All-America Game. Scout.com rated him a five-star prospect at the time.
Rebels’ Ward pleads guilty to DUI charge
For the Monroe Journal
About Charlie LangfordCharlie Langford is the general manager of the Monroe Journal.
- Proposal to change ozone standard could cost trillions December 14, 2014
- Robinson selected as new county school board member December 18, 2014
- Lady Noles edge out Tremont in rematch December 18, 2014
- Tupelo woman charged with identity theft December 18, 2014
- ASD supporter issues challenge for school partnerships December 19, 2014
- MDEQ awards solid waste assistance grant to Three Rivers December 21, 2014
- Knight’s cooking skills learned at an early age December 21, 2014
- Lady Tigers dominant in tourney win December 20, 2014
- Remembering the family farm in Athens December 20, 2014
- Tigers grab first win of season December 19, 2014
- Diva: Nothing like doing the meth with the kids!...
- James R White: At least you share the same frustration that Chris...
- D. Stan: So what are they hiding? If it is questionable wou...
- john: Its astonishing to me that its 2014 and people are...
- my3sons: Thank you for this article Emily. It is very well ...
Monroe County, MS
City of Aberdeen
City of Amory
Monroe County Chamber of Commerce
Tombigbee Regional Library
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Collierville Dentist at Schilling Farms