For the Monroe Journal
AMORY – Ole Miss football player Channing Ward has pleaded guilty to a DUI charge.
Ward, 21, of Aberdeen, was arrested Jan. 19 by the Mississippi Highway Patrol, and in court on Wednesday he entered a plea of guilty to DUI other substance and to no proof of liability insurance.
He was fined $1,234.50 for the DUI and must attend the Mississippi Alcohol Safety Education Program in order to regain his driver’s license, and he must also attend a Victim Impact Panel class.
Ward was also fined the minimum of $216.50 for the no proof of insurance charge after later providing the correct insurance. A charge of improper equipment was dismissed after Ward had a broken taillight repaired.
Ward, a rising junior, played in 12 games last season for the Rebels at defensive end and on special teams. He recorded 21 tackles and 1.5 tackles-for-loss.
As a senior at Aberdeen High School in 2010, Ward was named the Daily Journal Defensive Player of the Year and played in the Under Armour All-America Game. Scout.com rated him a five-star prospect at the time.
Rebels’ Ward pleads guilty to DUI charge
For the Monroe Journal
About Charlie LangfordCharlie Langford is the general manager of the Monroe Journal.
- Man accused of killing dog with bow and arrow arrested January 23, 2015
- Retired journalist guest speaker of Booklunch January 20, 2015
- Aberdeen woman charged with meth possession January 23, 2015
- County champs: Aberdeen sweeps boys’, girls’ tournament titles January 23, 2015
- The big scary world lurking outside of those four wallswalls January 24, 2015
- Hamilton woman charged with possession of precursors January 26, 2015
- Wounded warriors build on family time through nonprofit January 26, 2015
- Getting newspapers into the hands of students through NIE January 26, 2015
- Kimbrough’s concoctions prove she likes to cook a little of this and a little of that January 25, 2015
- Majority of Coontail, Wren customers vote ‘no’ to merger January 25, 2015
- Barbara: I wonder what ever prompts a human being to be so ...
- Chris Madden: Its is ridiculous that the punishment for murderin...
- Trent: When are states going to do the right thing and ge...
- Kathryn Tanner: Animal cruelty needs to be a felony. Otherwise th...
- Renny Harmon: If people are cruel to animals They will be cruel ...