Rebels’ Ward pleads guilty to DUI charge
For the Monroe Journal
AMORY – Ole Miss football player Channing Ward has pleaded guilty to a DUI charge.
Ward, 21, of Aberdeen, was arrested Jan. 19 by the Mississippi Highway Patrol, and in court on Wednesday he entered a plea of guilty to DUI other substance and to no proof of liability insurance.
He was fined $1,234.50 for the DUI and must attend the Mississippi Alcohol Safety Education Program in order to regain his driver’s license, and he must also attend a Victim Impact Panel class.
Ward was also fined the minimum of $216.50 for the no proof of insurance charge after later providing the correct insurance. A charge of improper equipment was dismissed after Ward had a broken taillight repaired.
Ward, a rising junior, played in 12 games last season for the Rebels at defensive end and on special teams. He recorded 21 tackles and 1.5 tackles-for-loss.
As a senior at Aberdeen High School in 2010, Ward was named the Daily Journal Defensive Player of the Year and played in the Under Armour All-America Game. Scout.com rated him a five-star prospect at the time.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Charlie LangfordCharlie Langford is the general manager of the Monroe Journal.
- Complaint filed in U.S. District Court against former MCSO deputy February 3, 2016
- If it weren’t for second chances, we’d all be alone February 3, 2016
- Health Science students administer health screenings to preschoolers February 8, 2016
- Aberdeen School District designated as lone state participant in pilot program February 8, 2016
- Amory woman dies in hospital following house fire February 8, 2016
- Panthers thwarted in state championship finals February 10, 2016
- MCSO arrests three on meth charges February 10, 2016
- Aberdeen aldermen discuss potential revitalization project February 10, 2016
- Qualifying ends for Aberdeen elections February 10, 2016
- Harmon makes it into Idol’s Top 24 February 10, 2016
- Diva: Thank God I won't be called for jury duty on this...
- carrollwhite: Come to Aberdeen on our street you can smell it al...
- Kim Stringfield: There have been a lot of huskies come up missing i...
- Laurenda Provias Richardson: Very well written Ray !!! All the memories ... All...
- shanette: Good for MCSO! I hope this case will bring much ne...