For the Monroe Journal
AMORY – Ole Miss football player Channing Ward has pleaded guilty to a DUI charge.
Ward, 21, of Aberdeen, was arrested Jan. 19 by the Mississippi Highway Patrol, and in court on Wednesday he entered a plea of guilty to DUI other substance and to no proof of liability insurance.
He was fined $1,234.50 for the DUI and must attend the Mississippi Alcohol Safety Education Program in order to regain his driver’s license, and he must also attend a Victim Impact Panel class.
Ward was also fined the minimum of $216.50 for the no proof of insurance charge after later providing the correct insurance. A charge of improper equipment was dismissed after Ward had a broken taillight repaired.
Ward, a rising junior, played in 12 games last season for the Rebels at defensive end and on special teams. He recorded 21 tackles and 1.5 tackles-for-loss.
As a senior at Aberdeen High School in 2010, Ward was named the Daily Journal Defensive Player of the Year and played in the Under Armour All-America Game. Scout.com rated him a five-star prospect at the time.
Rebels’ Ward pleads guilty to DUI charge
For the Monroe Journal
About Charlie LangfordCharlie Langford is the general manager of the Monroe Journal.
- Board sets special election date for alcohol referendum August 27, 2014
- Bulldogs light up scoreboard in Shannon August 29, 2014
- Baldwyn tops Nettleton August 29, 2014
- Monroe football previews: Week 2 August 29, 2014
- Cotton Transition Assistance Program enrollment begins August 30, 2014
- Lady Lions top Lady Tigers in extras September 2, 2014
- Okolona man charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon September 2, 2014
- MCSO nets Craiglist scammers, cocaine arrests in separate cases September 2, 2014
- HomeStretch expanding Nettleton operations September 2, 2014
- Milkshakes have been with McDonald’s from its humble beginnings September 2, 2014
- Belinda Sue Beckley: Dr.Neil Wanee was my Dr in Fishers, Indiana for 4 ...
- Doug Cuthbert: You are correct I am not registered to vote here. ...
- weedeater: Great job for Amory's new mayor! Shoot down the ...
- Frank James: How in the hell was he not charged with intent to ...
- Fred G Sanford: Get Greg Beason to sell some of the scrap junk he ...
- Okolona man charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon http://t.co/rIdIx4QY3V 3 hours ago
- MCSO nets Craiglist scammers, cocaine arrests in separate cases http://t.co/3yDpaiXLbg 5 hours ago
- HomeStretch expanding Nettleton operations http://t.co/jXjrkd2Fjm 9 hours ago
- Milkshakes have been with McDonald’s from its humble beginnings http://t.co/t7KRxTILuk 13 hours ago
- Naturalization ceremony welcomes 53 of nation’s newest citizens http://t.co/Ydb28CVRkC 2 days ago