Rebels’ Ward pleads guilty to DUI charge
For the Monroe Journal
AMORY – Ole Miss football player Channing Ward has pleaded guilty to a DUI charge.
Ward, 21, of Aberdeen, was arrested Jan. 19 by the Mississippi Highway Patrol, and in court on Wednesday he entered a plea of guilty to DUI other substance and to no proof of liability insurance.
He was fined $1,234.50 for the DUI and must attend the Mississippi Alcohol Safety Education Program in order to regain his driver’s license, and he must also attend a Victim Impact Panel class.
Ward was also fined the minimum of $216.50 for the no proof of insurance charge after later providing the correct insurance. A charge of improper equipment was dismissed after Ward had a broken taillight repaired.
Ward, a rising junior, played in 12 games last season for the Rebels at defensive end and on special teams. He recorded 21 tackles and 1.5 tackles-for-loss.
As a senior at Aberdeen High School in 2010, Ward was named the Daily Journal Defensive Player of the Year and played in the Under Armour All-America Game. Scout.com rated him a five-star prospect at the time.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Charlie LangfordCharlie Langford is the general manager of the Monroe Journal.
- Smithville fourth-graders help children’s hospitals May 20, 2016
- Glenn approved as new Amory football coach May 24, 2016
- Federal inmates moved following jail escape May 25, 2016
- Early learning collaborative seeking grant-match funding May 25, 2016
- Amory Police Department warns of tax scam May 25, 2016
- Hatley’s Seals rewarded for her perseverance through injury May 26, 2016
- Shooting incident raises questions about party ordinance May 26, 2016
- Amory commits to welcoming all through ordinance May 26, 2016
- Amory Humane Society holding volunteer days May 26, 2016
- Hatley’s Stark aims for more aggressiveness in Lady Tigers May 25, 2016
- Cindy Wilkerson: Thank you to the mayor and to the board of alderme...
- Ellen Redding-Jordan: May she rest in Peace, I meet her and her husband ...
- Gregv Worthey: I couldn't possibly disagree more!! While admitti...
- Jeanette Sudduth: She was a sweet person I got a chance to video her...
- S. Robbins: Every Mayor that's serious about having a good fa...