For the Monroe Journal
AMORY – Ole Miss football player Channing Ward has pleaded guilty to a DUI charge.
Ward, 21, of Aberdeen, was arrested Jan. 19 by the Mississippi Highway Patrol, and in court on Wednesday he entered a plea of guilty to DUI other substance and to no proof of liability insurance.
He was fined $1,234.50 for the DUI and must attend the Mississippi Alcohol Safety Education Program in order to regain his driver’s license, and he must also attend a Victim Impact Panel class.
Ward was also fined the minimum of $216.50 for the no proof of insurance charge after later providing the correct insurance. A charge of improper equipment was dismissed after Ward had a broken taillight repaired.
Ward, a rising junior, played in 12 games last season for the Rebels at defensive end and on special teams. He recorded 21 tackles and 1.5 tackles-for-loss.
As a senior at Aberdeen High School in 2010, Ward was named the Daily Journal Defensive Player of the Year and played in the Under Armour All-America Game. Scout.com rated him a five-star prospect at the time.
Rebels’ Ward pleads guilty to DUI charge
For the Monroe Journal
About Charlie LangfordCharlie Langford is the general manager of the Monroe Journal.
- Fiscal Year 2016 reveals increases and balances for taxpayers October 1, 2015
- MCSO arrests two on separate charges October 5, 2015
- Local chapters host National DAR Day of Service October 6, 2015
- Gilmore’s gastroenterologist presents colonoscopy seminar October 6, 2015
- Lady Panthers smash Saltillo on Senior Night October 6, 2015
- Tigers open up division play with road win October 8, 2015
- Lions stomp Biggersville for first win October 8, 2015
- Nettleton tops Hatley to secure playoff spot October 8, 2015
- ICC offers GED Ready practice test at discounted rate October 8, 2015
- Smithsonian traveling exhibit coming in 2016 October 8, 2015
- shelia allen: i have said this before and I will say it again yo...
- Michael: That's why we need better sidewalks and crosswalk...
- Body of missing Bartlett fisherman found - Bartlett ExpressBartlett Express: […] an earlier story about the search effort...
- Helen Whitten: How would itawamba county go about getting these r...
- debbie jones: Why in the world is the bond so low? Is $5000 all ...