For the Monroe Journal
AMORY – Ole Miss football player Channing Ward has pleaded guilty to a DUI charge.
Ward, 21, of Aberdeen, was arrested Jan. 19 by the Mississippi Highway Patrol, and in court on Wednesday he entered a plea of guilty to DUI other substance and to no proof of liability insurance.
He was fined $1,234.50 for the DUI and must attend the Mississippi Alcohol Safety Education Program in order to regain his driver’s license, and he must also attend a Victim Impact Panel class.
Ward was also fined the minimum of $216.50 for the no proof of insurance charge after later providing the correct insurance. A charge of improper equipment was dismissed after Ward had a broken taillight repaired.
Ward, a rising junior, played in 12 games last season for the Rebels at defensive end and on special teams. He recorded 21 tackles and 1.5 tackles-for-loss.
As a senior at Aberdeen High School in 2010, Ward was named the Daily Journal Defensive Player of the Year and played in the Under Armour All-America Game. Scout.com rated him a five-star prospect at the time.
Rebels’ Ward pleads guilty to DUI charge
For the Monroe Journal
About Charlie LangfordCharlie Langford is the general manager of the Monroe Journal.
- Miss Mississippi State University crowned at best time to be a Bulldog October 24, 2014
- Amory Post Office employees support the cause October 30, 2014
- Lady Noles grab third title in four years October 29, 2014
- Lady Tigers fall in three at state October 29, 2014
- Hatley drops close ones at state October 29, 2014
- Aberdeen kicks off holiday season with Christmas Open House October 31, 2014
- A few additional treats for the trick-or-treaters October 31, 2014
- It’s always going to be here no matter how long after they’re gone October 31, 2014
- General election set for Nov. 4 October 31, 2014
- Tigers secure trip to postseason October 30, 2014
- Charlotte: Heartbroken taking my kids there every week, means...
- Business Owner of Amory: There is crime in Amory. There are drugs in Amory....
- louis vaughan: over the years I guess is what kept amory the cit...
- Laurenda: Excellent story Ray!!!...
- Ken Holmes: Gilbert Whitehead was an employee of mine while he...
- General election set for Nov. 4 http://t.co/5OEwr8wbb5 4 hours ago
- Bond set for two subjects charged in recent ICE bust http://t.co/yHYzef2FQI 13 hours ago
- RT @cityofamoryMS: @monroe360 5-7 Frisco Park Funraiser Festival! Chili Cookoff, pumpkins, entertainment, Trick-or-Treat, costume contest, … 14 hours ago retweeted via cityofamoryMS
- Safety tips important for Halloween http://t.co/nJirG1Fv2C 20 hours ago
- Supervisors OK new 911 system, opt out of building codes http://t.co/LwLXAhscTL 20 hours ago