For the Monroe Journal
AMORY – Ole Miss football player Channing Ward has pleaded guilty to a DUI charge.
Ward, 21, of Aberdeen, was arrested Jan. 19 by the Mississippi Highway Patrol, and in court on Wednesday he entered a plea of guilty to DUI other substance and to no proof of liability insurance.
He was fined $1,234.50 for the DUI and must attend the Mississippi Alcohol Safety Education Program in order to regain his driver’s license, and he must also attend a Victim Impact Panel class.
Ward was also fined the minimum of $216.50 for the no proof of insurance charge after later providing the correct insurance. A charge of improper equipment was dismissed after Ward had a broken taillight repaired.
Ward, a rising junior, played in 12 games last season for the Rebels at defensive end and on special teams. He recorded 21 tackles and 1.5 tackles-for-loss.
As a senior at Aberdeen High School in 2010, Ward was named the Daily Journal Defensive Player of the Year and played in the Under Armour All-America Game. Scout.com rated him a five-star prospect at the time.
Rebels’ Ward pleads guilty to DUI charge
For the Monroe Journal
About Charlie LangfordCharlie Langford is the general manager of the Monroe Journal.
- Conservator approves delayed start dates August 24, 2014
- County animal control subject remains hot topic August 28, 2014
- Make-A-Wish announcement the cherry on top of a sweet week for Hatley teen August 28, 2014
- Hamilton Lions’ offense shines in season-opener August 28, 2014
- Tigers drop heartbreaker to Cougars August 28, 2014
- Lady Panthers win Monroe County tourney August 30, 2014
- Bond set for subjects arrested in standoff August 30, 2014
- Cotton Transition Assistance Program enrollment begins August 30, 2014
- Monroe football previews: Week 2 August 29, 2014
- Baldwyn tops Nettleton August 29, 2014
- Doug Cuthbert: You are correct I am not registered to vote here. ...
- weedeater: Great job for Amory's new mayor! Shoot down the ...
- Frank James: How in the hell was he not charged with intent to ...
- Fred G Sanford: Get Greg Beason to sell some of the scrap junk he ...
- MeriemDZ: Fourteen years ago I walked up on the porch of the...
- Bond set for subjects arrested in standoff http://t.co/o4sWQh7iBe 8 hours ago
- Cotton Transition Assistance Program enrollment begins http://t.co/H58zS4HRGX 10 hours ago
- Monroe football previews: Week 2 http://t.co/ciQGIRF3PK 24 hours ago
- ICC schedules CPR/AED class http://t.co/IavpLTNBdU 1 day ago
- Empowerment Mississippi forum set for Sept. 4 http://t.co/rXdGPEyhW8 1 day ago