Rebels’ Ward pleads guilty to DUI charge
For the Monroe Journal
AMORY – Ole Miss football player Channing Ward has pleaded guilty to a DUI charge.
Ward, 21, of Aberdeen, was arrested Jan. 19 by the Mississippi Highway Patrol, and in court on Wednesday he entered a plea of guilty to DUI other substance and to no proof of liability insurance.
He was fined $1,234.50 for the DUI and must attend the Mississippi Alcohol Safety Education Program in order to regain his driver’s license, and he must also attend a Victim Impact Panel class.
Ward was also fined the minimum of $216.50 for the no proof of insurance charge after later providing the correct insurance. A charge of improper equipment was dismissed after Ward had a broken taillight repaired.
Ward, a rising junior, played in 12 games last season for the Rebels at defensive end and on special teams. He recorded 21 tackles and 1.5 tackles-for-loss.
As a senior at Aberdeen High School in 2010, Ward was named the Daily Journal Defensive Player of the Year and played in the Under Armour All-America Game. Scout.com rated him a five-star prospect at the time.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Charlie LangfordCharlie Langford is the general manager of the Monroe Journal.
- All the gas money saved couldn’t have matched the nostalgia of cruising June 22, 2016
- Landmark designation sought for Hatley School June 27, 2016
- Four Miss Mississippi hopefuls representing Monroe County June 22, 2016
- Hatley’s Thomas already at home going into season June 24, 2016
- Rivals to roommates: Kennedy, Thompson form lasting friendship through ICC softball June 24, 2016
- New Aberdeen School Board to be sworn-in Friday June 28, 2016
- MCSO makes separate auto burglary, land fill burglary arrests June 28, 2016
- Applications available for MCSO summer youth mentoring program June 28, 2016
- Conservator OKs board policies June 28, 2016
- Shooting sends one to Aberdeen hospital June 27, 2016
- Carroll White: Would love to see this happen for the Hatley Schoo...
- Chad Houston: Great article!!! The event called "Cruisin' Amor...
- Robert Pope: Theys a Explosive an bomb unit circling the block....
- Carlos Ann Sanders: Congratulations to the Amory Panthers and to Coach...
- Anti-bigot: This article is a joke just like this county and t...