Amory relay team picks up bronze at state meet
For the Monroe Journal
The Amory swim team picked up another state medal on Saturday in Cleveland.
The boys’ 200-freestyle relay team, made up of Brock Balducci, Drew Huffman, Tucker Robbins and Walker Todd, took home the bronze medal at Saturday’s state championships. The group also placed fifth in the 200-medley relay.
The men’s team finished fifth overall while the girls placed ninth on the day.
The girls 200 freestyle relay team of Ashlee Parham, Kailee Bates, Cameron Tubb and Emily Pierce finished sixth, while the 400-freestyle relay team of Parham, Tubb, Pierce and Lauren Alford placed fifth. The boys 400 freestyle-relay team, consisting of Hayden Plunkett, Eli Black, Will Corley andSam Wilkerson, placed sixth.
In individual competition, Cameron Tubb placed 6th in the 50 freestyle in the preliminaries and finished in 7th overall in the finals and also placed 7th in the 100-freestyle.
Walker Todd placed fourth in the 50-freestyle and fifth in the 100-freestyle. Brock Balducci placed eighth in the 100-freestyle, while Tucker Robbins picked up a seventh-place finish in the 500-freestyle.
Other swimmers who participated in the preliminaries were Ashlee Parham, 200-freestyle, 12th place; Will Corley, 200-freestyle, 9th place; Drew Huffman, 50-freestyle, 12th place; Sam Wilkerson, 50-freestyle, 17th place; Hayden Plunkett, 50-freestyle, 20th place; Emily Pierce, 100-butterfly, 10th place; Tucker Robbins, 100-butterfly, 10th place; Ashlee Parham, 100-freestyle, 13th place; Hayden Plunkett, 100-freestyle, 10th place; Will Corley, 100-freestyle, 11th place; Emily Pierce, 500-freestyle, 12th place; Brock Balducci, 100-backstroke, 9th place; Sam Wilkerson, 100-backstroke, 12th place; and Drew Huffman, 100-breaststroke, 11th place.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Melissa Meador
- Tombigbee DAR honors a few outstanding citizens February 5, 2016
- Free tree seedlings available for Mississippi Arbor Day February 10, 2016
- Ray reappointed to Amory School Board February 10, 2016
- Harmon makes it into Idol’s Top 24 February 10, 2016
- Qualifying ends for Aberdeen elections February 10, 2016
- McKissick leads Lady Panthers to victory February 12, 2016
- Supervisors approve TRVWMD resolutions February 12, 2016
- Seeking 7 steps one step back, two steps forward with latest album February 12, 2016
- Bogan recorded records early in the blues genre February 12, 2016
- Young to Prather surprise lifts Bulldogs past Troopers February 11, 2016
- Diva: Thank God I won't be called for jury duty on this...
- carrollwhite: Come to Aberdeen on our street you can smell it al...
- Kim Stringfield: There have been a lot of huskies come up missing i...
- Laurenda Provias Richardson: Very well written Ray !!! All the memories ... All...
- shanette: Good for MCSO! I hope this case will bring much ne...