WREN – Residents alongside the Tombigbee River close to Highway 278 had their feathers ruffled during the weekend at the sight of dozens of dead chickens apparently dumped into the water. The investigation was turned over to the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality after the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks and Monroe County Sheriff’s Office did an initial investigation. For more on the story, check out the Aug. 28 edition of the Monroe Journal.
Dozens of dead chickens apparently dumped into Tombigbee River
About Ray Van DusenI've been with the Monroe Journal since Aug. 2009 as a staff writer, but took the role as news editor in late 2012. I'm always looking for interesting story ideas from around Monroe County. You can reach me via email at email@example.com.
- Amory Museum begins “Save the Cabin” campaign August 18, 2014
- City abandons alley way in neighborhood dispute August 15, 2014
- MCSO arrests Aberdeen man on possession charge August 18, 2014
- City of Amory to vote on alcohol sales August 19, 2014
- If you don’t like it then say so August 20, 2014
- Cruisin’ Flashback brings retro fun to the Old Armory August 22, 2014
- Rod Brasfield Festival returns with even more attractions August 22, 2014
- Inexperienced Tigers get tested under fire at Okolona August 21, 2014
- Lions gain experience in jamboree loss August 21, 2014
- Smithville man arrested on possession charges August 21, 2014
- Frank James: How in the hell was he not charged with intent to ...
- Fred G Sanford: Get Greg Beason to sell some of the scrap junk he ...
- MeriemDZ: Fourteen years ago I walked up on the porch of the...
- Tired of Giving: What happened to all of the money from the sale of...
- Poster: How small town can you get? Did anyone really ex...
abby lann aberdeen accident amory bancorpsouth basketball bbq blackfriday cancer cd cellphone christmas crime crop crops farming featured flowers flu football garden club Hamilton hatley health homegrown humane society music nettleton parade pitmasters police chief reclassification ripley scores singer softball sports SURE tarter tlc veteran wwII
- Rod Brasfield Festival returns with even more attractions http://t.co/9qS3N8SRID 4 hours ago
- Cruisin’ Flashback brings retro fun to the Old Armory http://t.co/xj3jmBIAt0 4 hours ago
- Smithville man arrested on possession charges http://t.co/WJ9YupQeiE 17 hours ago
- Tax sale an iffy investor alternative to lagging interest rates http://t.co/T1nSnHBYvQ 20 hours ago
- Pocket park to be dedicated to First Friends http://t.co/7Bz6p3oeDl 20 hours ago