Dozens of dead chickens apparently dumped into Tombigbee River
WREN – Residents alongside the Tombigbee River close to Highway 278 had their feathers ruffled during the weekend at the sight of dozens of dead chickens apparently dumped into the water. The investigation was turned over to the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality after the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks and Monroe County Sheriff’s Office did an initial investigation. For more on the story, check out the Aug. 28 edition of the Monroe Journal.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Ray Van DusenI've been with the Monroe Journal since Aug. 2009 as a staff writer, but took the role as news editor in late 2012. I'm always looking for interesting story ideas from around Monroe County. You can reach me via email at email@example.com.
- Social Security Center: Don’t fall in the trap June 18, 2016
- Mock plane crash exercise builds on cohesiveness June 23, 2016
- And babies make four: Couple’s embryo adoption notions that life begins at conception June 23, 2016
- Davis named state sheriff’s association’s Deputy of the Year June 23, 2016
- Comers celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Rivals to roommates: Kennedy, Thompson form lasting friendship through ICC softball June 24, 2016
- Hatley’s Thomas already at home going into season June 24, 2016
- Miss Amory wins Miss Mississippi preliminary June 24, 2016
- Relay for Life dips in with water theme June 24, 2016
- Several activities encompassing Aberdeen Fourth of July festivities June 24, 2016
- Robert Pope: Theys a Explosive an bomb unit circling the block....
- Carlos Ann Sanders: Congratulations to the Amory Panthers and to Coach...
- Anti-bigot: This article is a joke just like this county and t...
- Average Joe: Finally, an article that embodies the true spirit ...
- Mary C. Vandiver-Spann: Yes I also Thank you Alice. I agree in is also poo...