WREN – Residents alongside the Tombigbee River close to Highway 278 had their feathers ruffled during the weekend at the sight of dozens of dead chickens apparently dumped into the water. The investigation was turned over to the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality after the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks and Monroe County Sheriff’s Office did an initial investigation. For more on the story, check out the Aug. 28 edition of the Monroe Journal.
Dozens of dead chickens apparently dumped into Tombigbee River
About Ray Van DusenI've been with the Monroe Journal since Aug. 2009 as a staff writer, but took the role as news editor in late 2012. I'm always looking for interesting story ideas from around Monroe County. You can reach me via email at email@example.com.
- Purchase, name change tee up River Birch for big changes March 25, 2015
- Noles slammed late by Tigers March 28, 2015
- Simmons shines in Lions’ division loss March 28, 2015
- If you’re big starbound, let me warn you it’s a long, hard ride March 28, 2015
- Brand shares surgical experience with Pioneer March 24, 2015
- Three-car collision sends seven to NMMC March 31, 2015
- Smithville woman arrested for exploitation of a child March 31, 2015
- Fidelia Club accepting applications for grants March 31, 2015
- Lions Club to raise funds, awareness March 31, 2015
- Plans for Partners in Education projects shaping up for ASD March 30, 2015
- steve stanford: a military discount would be nice. my son-in-law ...
- carrollwhite: Sad to hear about our deputies, prayers for the 2 ...
- Truth seeker: the real story here is this woman Tried to beat th...
- Jeremy: Alice, You appear to be making two different ar...
- Ken W Holmes: Alice, the first time the ploy of "revenues going...
abby lann aberdeen accident amory bancorpsouth basketball bbq blackfriday cancer cd cellphone christmas courtesy crime crop crops farming feature featured feautured flowers flu football garden club Hamilton hatley health homegrown humane society music nettleton parade pitmasters police chief reclassification ripley scores singer softball sports SURE tarter tlc veteran wwII