Dozens of dead chickens apparently dumped into Tombigbee River
WREN – Residents alongside the Tombigbee River close to Highway 278 had their feathers ruffled during the weekend at the sight of dozens of dead chickens apparently dumped into the water. The investigation was turned over to the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality after the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks and Monroe County Sheriff’s Office did an initial investigation. For more on the story, check out the Aug. 28 edition of the Monroe Journal.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Ray Van DusenI've been with the Monroe Journal since Aug. 2009 as a staff writer, but took the role as news editor in late 2012. I'm always looking for interesting story ideas from around Monroe County. You can reach me via email at email@example.com.
- Complaint filed in U.S. District Court against former MCSO deputy February 3, 2016
- Damaging winds expected as part of Tuesday severe weather system February 1, 2016
- Amory Main Street welcomes its new director February 4, 2016
- Supervisors talk future of section of Highway 25 February 4, 2016
- Harmon cracks ‘American Idol’ Top 24 February 4, 2016
- Six ways to talk about money with your family February 7, 2016
- Panthers get long-awaited hoops win February 6, 2016
- If not the truth, the conspiracy theories are out there February 6, 2016
- Tigers hold off Bulldogs, gain ground in division February 5, 2016
- Noles run out of firepower against Wildcats February 5, 2016
- Diva: Thank God I won't be called for jury duty on this...
- carrollwhite: Come to Aberdeen on our street you can smell it al...
- Kim Stringfield: There have been a lot of huskies come up missing i...
- Laurenda Provias Richardson: Very well written Ray !!! All the memories ... All...
- shanette: Good for MCSO! I hope this case will bring much ne...