WREN – Residents alongside the Tombigbee River close to Highway 278 had their feathers ruffled during the weekend at the sight of dozens of dead chickens apparently dumped into the water. The investigation was turned over to the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality after the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks and Monroe County Sheriff’s Office did an initial investigation. For more on the story, check out the Aug. 28 edition of the Monroe Journal.
Dozens of dead chickens apparently dumped into Tombigbee River
About Ray Van DusenI've been with the Monroe Journal since Aug. 2009 as a staff writer, but took the role as news editor in late 2012. I'm always looking for interesting story ideas from around Monroe County. You can reach me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- County named in $500,000 lawsuit April 15, 2014
- WAES awarded AR Model and Master School certification April 15, 2014
- Noles take control in division with win at TCPS April 15, 2014
- Organic Gardening: A Few Basic Thoughts April 16, 2014
- Garth named new Aberdeen High School principal for upcoming school year April 16, 2014
- Supervisors approve purchase of new fire truck April 18, 2014
- Laughs, lasers and a love that will last through lifetimes April 18, 2014
- Afternoon wreck sends one to the hospital April 17, 2014
- Strong pitching, hitting lift Tigers over Walnut April 17, 2014
- MSU Extension Service hosts tomato workshop April 17, 2014
- former runner: I hope this program will get the financial support...
- Ronald: The pic your looking at is a different a Joshua an...
- DSG: I don't see a scratch on him??? Was that picture ...
- Here for Now: It's not like at least half the town isn't drink...
- Isn\'t This the 21st Century: Bishop Freeman I've eaten at O'charleys, Chilis,...
abby lann aberdeen accident amory bancorpsouth basketball bbq blackfriday cancer cd cellphone christmas crime crop crops farming featured flowers flu football garden club Hamilton hatley health homegrown humane society music nettleton parade pitmasters police chief reclassification ripley scores singer softball sports SURE tarter tlc veteran wwII
- Laughs, lasers and a love that will last through lifetimes http://t.co/9Y2XLXKeUE 4 hours ago
- Afternoon wreck sends one to the hospital http://t.co/exr64TMvwP 7 hours ago
- MSU Extension Service hosts tomato workshop http://t.co/ybKxAXkti8 17 hours ago
- Nettleton shooting victims identified http://t.co/lqEboZkaCs 17 hours ago
- New logo, website signal image makeover for chamber http://t.co/iIcHgjEci9 19 hours ago