WREN – Residents alongside the Tombigbee River close to Highway 278 had their feathers ruffled during the weekend at the sight of dozens of dead chickens apparently dumped into the water. The investigation was turned over to the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality after the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks and Monroe County Sheriff’s Office did an initial investigation. For more on the story, check out the Aug. 28 edition of the Monroe Journal.
Dozens of dead chickens apparently dumped into Tombigbee River
About Ray Van DusenI've been with the Monroe Journal since Aug. 2009 as a staff writer, but took the role as news editor in late 2012. I'm always looking for interesting story ideas from around Monroe County. You can reach me via email at email@example.com.
- The centurion, the family man, the legend: A look back at Moses Hardy’s life February 26, 2015
- Auxiliary Unit 26 collecting stuffed animals for MHP March 3, 2015
- Auxiliary Unit 26 honors 50th anniversary of the Vietnam War March 3, 2015
- Presley: Telemarketer settlements net state $22,136.34 March 3, 2015
- Gilmore Luncheon Rescheduled March 3, 2015
- Storm responder appreciation luncheon postponed March 5, 2015
- Monroe Journal office closed Thursday March 5, 2015
- School districts closed for Thursday March 5, 2015
- Local candidates qualify for state races March 5, 2015
- Hopeful politicians qualify for county elections March 5, 2015
- Danny Majors: Did the course get purchased lately?...
- Janice Cain: Thanks for that article. I am Presbyterian and man...
- Diva: This lady along with an Amory native, Jo McDivitt,...
- chris: Please notify of related post to krystal and kyle ...
- monroeme: 5 alderman and one recused himself...where I went ...
abby lann aberdeen accident amory bancorpsouth basketball bbq blackfriday cancer cd cellphone christmas courtesy crime crop crops farming feature featured feautured flowers flu football garden club Hamilton hatley health homegrown humane society music nettleton parade pitmasters police chief reclassification ripley scores singer softball sports SURE tarter tlc veteran wwII