WREN – Residents alongside the Tombigbee River close to Highway 278 had their feathers ruffled during the weekend at the sight of dozens of dead chickens apparently dumped into the water. The investigation was turned over to the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality after the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks and Monroe County Sheriff’s Office did an initial investigation. For more on the story, check out the Aug. 28 edition of the Monroe Journal.
Dozens of dead chickens apparently dumped into Tombigbee River
About Ray Van DusenI've been with the Monroe Journal since Aug. 2009 as a staff writer, but took the role as news editor in late 2012. I'm always looking for interesting story ideas from around Monroe County. You can reach me via email at email@example.com.
- Veteran recalls time served in WWII, Korean conflicts November 20, 2015
- Blaylock’s clutch shooting leads Tigers to victory November 24, 2015
- Lady Panthers sink key free throws to beat Nettleton November 24, 2015
- Aberdeen High School band marching in Chicago Thanksgiving Day Parade November 25, 2015
- Volunteers provide fellowship and Thanksgiving meals November 25, 2015
- Aberdeen drops roundball doubleheader to Shannon November 26, 2015
- Former Amory Garment tree goes up for the season November 26, 2015
- Supervisors approve road permit bond related to oil exploration November 26, 2015
- Extra point carries Noles to victory November 25, 2015
- Orr makes key plays to top East Side November 25, 2015
- Marty Harris: I hope that they do get the speeders slowed down b...
- Scott: Thanks Chris, cool to see you guys doing these thi...
- Kelly Wolfe: Dr. Neil Wanee had been our family doctor for 28 y...
- Carlos: This sounds really nice. I think it not possible d...
- WeldingTodayDotCom : Good thing that women also are showing their inter...
abby lann aberdeen accident amory bancorpsouth basketball bbq blackfriday cancer cd cellphone christmas courtesy crime crop crops farming feature featured feautured flowers flu football garden club Hamilton hatley health homegrown humane society music nettleton parade pitmasters police chief reclassification ripley scores singer softball sports SURE tarter tlc veteran wwII