WREN – Residents alongside the Tombigbee River close to Highway 278 had their feathers ruffled during the weekend at the sight of dozens of dead chickens apparently dumped into the water. The investigation was turned over to the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality after the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks and Monroe County Sheriff’s Office did an initial investigation. For more on the story, check out the Aug. 28 edition of the Monroe Journal.
Dozens of dead chickens apparently dumped into Tombigbee River
About Ray Van DusenI've been with the Monroe Journal since Aug. 2009 as a staff writer, but took the role as news editor in late 2012. I'm always looking for interesting story ideas from around Monroe County. You can reach me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Becker man arrested for burglary of commercial building in Hamilton July 18, 2014
- The three most important words in our vocabularies July 16, 2014
- India pastor visits pastor friend in Amory July 20, 2014
- Lay gets recipes from social media July 20, 2014
- First Friends sets date for annual fundraiser July 21, 2014
- We Care for Kids, Stuff the Bus drives collecting school supplies July 23, 2014
- Summer movie series concludes with 80s sci-fi classic July 23, 2014
- Pro-alcohol group turns in needed number of signatures July 23, 2014
- Houston man arrested for livestock theft July 22, 2014
- Grant provides Old Armory’s first step towards acoustics July 22, 2014
- Michael Hontz: Name posted....
- Michael Hontz: Jimbo Adams .. Married. Should also be charged w...
- Michael Hontz: This dude is garbage. He's always stealing. I su...
- citizen: Don't we need streets, which don't throw tires o...
- Diva: About time, I guess it was the deputy who allowed ...
abby lann aberdeen accident amory bancorpsouth basketball bbq blackfriday cancer cd cellphone christmas crime crop crops farming featured flowers flu football garden club Hamilton hatley health homegrown humane society music nettleton parade pitmasters police chief reclassification ripley scores singer softball sports SURE tarter tlc veteran wwII
- We Care for Kids, Stuff the Bus drives collecting school supplies http://t.co/9cC9MWPrwd 3 hours ago
- Summer movie series concludes with 80s sci-fi classic http://t.co/QYoudoegWO 3 hours ago
- Pro-alcohol group turns in needed number of signatures http://t.co/nquF8KZDJo 2 hours ago
- Houston man arrested for livestock theft http://t.co/7Z2lkBYxmm 13 hours ago
- APD host agency for attorney general training session http://t.co/STybGLz94A 22 hours ago