WREN – Residents alongside the Tombigbee River close to Highway 278 had their feathers ruffled during the weekend at the sight of dozens of dead chickens apparently dumped into the water. The investigation was turned over to the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality after the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks and Monroe County Sheriff’s Office did an initial investigation. For more on the story, check out the Aug. 28 edition of the Monroe Journal.
Dozens of dead chickens apparently dumped into Tombigbee River
About Ray Van DusenI've been with the Monroe Journal since Aug. 2009 as a staff writer, but took the role as news editor in late 2012. I'm always looking for interesting story ideas from around Monroe County. You can reach me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sav-A-Life volunteers cook tasty meals January 18, 2015
- Lady Tigers take Lee County title January 22, 2015
- Conservator approves January agenda January 23, 2015
- Parent academy launch weeks away for Aberdeen School District January 23, 2015
- Silver Alert cancelled for missing Columbus man January 23, 2015
- Kimbrough’s concoctions prove she likes to cook a little of this and a little of that January 25, 2015
- Majority of Coontail, Wren customers vote ‘no’ to merger January 25, 2015
- Nettleton pitcher Guin signs with ICC January 24, 2015
- Hatley catcher Reeves inks with ICC January 24, 2015
- MSA accepting applications from 10th grade students January 24, 2015
- Diva: Nothing like doing the meth with the kids!...
- James R White: At least you share the same frustration that Chris...
- D. Stan: So what are they hiding? If it is questionable wou...
- john: Its astonishing to me that its 2014 and people are...
- my3sons: Thank you for this article Emily. It is very well ...
abby lann aberdeen accident amory bancorpsouth basketball bbq blackfriday cancer cd cellphone christmas courtesy crime crop crops farming feature featured feautured flowers flu football garden club Hamilton hatley health homegrown humane society music nettleton parade pitmasters police chief reclassification ripley scores singer softball sports SURE tarter tlc veteran wwII