Mother allowed to keep Memorial on Highway
AMORY – Sherrell Clark, whose daughter and unborn twin grandchildren, were killed in an auto accident in 2006, has been given permission to leave her memorial standing. MDOT met with Cox this morning at the site of the memorial located on Highway 371 just north of Cason Road. MDOT measured the distance from the highway and the memorial is at least 7 feet outside of the right of way.
Clark’s daughter, Tory Lynn Cox Plunkett, was killed in a head on collision with a drunk driver on April 8,2006. Her unborn twins also died as did the driver of the other vehicle.
Clark originally erected the memorial at the site of the accident, but was informed that is was in the right of way and had to be moved. She was relocated to its current location, just north of Cason Road. The sign-like memorial shows pictures of Clark’s daughter and two newborn children.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Hope Cross
- Complaint filed in U.S. District Court against former MCSO deputy February 3, 2016
- Mono can’t keep Harmon down in Hollywood February 3, 2016
- Forward momentum, adult education talking points of chamber banquet February 3, 2016
- Lady Panthers thwarted late in playoffs loss February 3, 2016
- Panthers top Pontotoc, Richland to reach North finals February 3, 2016
- Tigers hold off Bulldogs, gain ground in division February 5, 2016
- Noles run out of firepower against Wildcats February 5, 2016
- Art and music abound for A Night of Cultural Arts February 5, 2016
- Integration ushered in a new era for the Aberdeen School District February 5, 2016
- Tombigbee DAR honors a few outstanding citizens February 5, 2016
- Diva: Thank God I won't be called for jury duty on this...
- carrollwhite: Come to Aberdeen on our street you can smell it al...
- Kim Stringfield: There have been a lot of huskies come up missing i...
- Laurenda Provias Richardson: Very well written Ray !!! All the memories ... All...
- shanette: Good for MCSO! I hope this case will bring much ne...