Mother allowed to keep Memorial on Highway
AMORY – Sherrell Clark, whose daughter and unborn twin grandchildren, were killed in an auto accident in 2006, has been given permission to leave her memorial standing. MDOT met with Cox this morning at the site of the memorial located on Highway 371 just north of Cason Road. MDOT measured the distance from the highway and the memorial is at least 7 feet outside of the right of way.
Clark’s daughter, Tory Lynn Cox Plunkett, was killed in a head on collision with a drunk driver on April 8,2006. Her unborn twins also died as did the driver of the other vehicle.
Clark originally erected the memorial at the site of the accident, but was informed that is was in the right of way and had to be moved. She was relocated to its current location, just north of Cason Road. The sign-like memorial shows pictures of Clark’s daughter and two newborn children.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Hope Cross
- Riverview Garden Club hosts luncheon May 22, 2016
- Shooting incident raises questions about party ordinance May 26, 2016
- Hatley’s Seals rewarded for her perseverance through injury May 26, 2016
- Communities honoring those passed with Memorial Day ceremonies May 27, 2016
- Aberdeen PTO presidents host parent forum May 27, 2016
- Social Security Center: Shame on you May 29, 2016
- Gadow shares some of family’s favorite recipes May 29, 2016
- Mental Health and you May 28, 2016
- Leave the caps at home May 28, 2016
- MCSO seeks whereabouts of Nettleton man May 27, 2016
- Cindy Wilkerson: Thank you to the mayor and to the board of alderme...
- Ellen Redding-Jordan: May she rest in Peace, I meet her and her husband ...
- Gregv Worthey: I couldn't possibly disagree more!! While admitti...
- Jeanette Sudduth: She was a sweet person I got a chance to video her...
- S. Robbins: Every Mayor that's serious about having a good fa...