Mother allowed to keep Memorial on Highway
AMORY – Sherrell Clark, whose daughter and unborn twin grandchildren, were killed in an auto accident in 2006, has been given permission to leave her memorial standing. MDOT met with Cox this morning at the site of the memorial located on Highway 371 just north of Cason Road. MDOT measured the distance from the highway and the memorial is at least 7 feet outside of the right of way.
Clark’s daughter, Tory Lynn Cox Plunkett, was killed in a head on collision with a drunk driver on April 8,2006. Her unborn twins also died as did the driver of the other vehicle.
Clark originally erected the memorial at the site of the accident, but was informed that is was in the right of way and had to be moved. She was relocated to its current location, just north of Cason Road. The sign-like memorial shows pictures of Clark’s daughter and two newborn children.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Hope Cross
- Social Security Knowledge Center: The clock is ticking April 23, 2016
- Caledonia, Smithville high school fishing teams advance to regionals April 27, 2016
- Lady Panthers’ rally falls short against Corinth April 27, 2016
- Blue Wives taking donations for National Police Week April 28, 2016
- Amory Main Street kicking off Noon Tunes series April 28, 2016
- Strong storm system moves through county April 29, 2016
- Monroe County Sheriff’s Office makes controlled substance arrests April 29, 2016
- Lions roar through opening round of baseball playoffs April 29, 2016
- Business owner approaches Amory aldermen about zoning April 29, 2016
- An open letter to the media from one of your own April 29, 2016
- Laurenda Richardson: Thank You Ray !!!! Very good article!!!...
- Shanette Loan: There was a time in my life that I waited for the ...
- Bessie: This is a blessing! I worked with Lori many years ...
- Deb Webb: Hey Trent- I loved your voice from the beginnin...
- Demetrice Herron: That is awesome... May god bless the both of you!!...