Gilmore promotes heart health awareness
For the Monroe Journal
AMORY – Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center is celebrating National Heart Month in February with its annual “Lady in Red” luncheon at noon on Wednesday, Feb. 27, at River Birch Place in Amory.
Heart disease is still the No. 1 killer of women. According to the American Heart Association, more women die of heart disease than of all forms of cancer combined. This means mothers, sisters and friends are dying at the rate of one per minute. The event will feature local women modeling the latest spring fashions from retailers in Amory and Aberdeen.
Following the fashion show, the keynote speaker will be Dr. Megan Schroyer.
A heart healthy luncheon will be served at no cost to attendees. Each participant will also receive a thank you gift for their attendance. The event is scheduled for one hour.
Pre-registration is requested by Feb. 22, by dialing 256-6002.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Alice Ortiz
- Blue Wives taking donations for National Police Week April 28, 2016
- Harmon’s grandmothers share some of his favorite recipes May 1, 2016
- Vaughan honored with Wright Brother’s Master Pilot Award May 2, 2016
- SYTYCD show finalist and actor brother teach classes at AIM May 2, 2016
- East Amory students display talents through poster competition May 3, 2016
- Lady Tigers bats back up Payne’s effort May 4, 2016
- Lady Noles complete sweep of Falkner May 4, 2016
- Lady Lions no-hit their way through Ray Brooks May 4, 2016
- Amory track qualifies several for state May 4, 2016
- Monroe County reservists deploy to Middle East May 4, 2016
- Laurenda Richardson: Thank You Ray !!!! Very good article!!!...
- Shanette Loan: There was a time in my life that I waited for the ...
- Bessie: This is a blessing! I worked with Lori many years ...
- Deb Webb: Hey Trent- I loved your voice from the beginnin...
- Demetrice Herron: That is awesome... May god bless the both of you!!...