Gilmore promotes heart health awareness
For the Monroe Journal
AMORY – Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center is celebrating National Heart Month in February with its annual “Lady in Red” luncheon at noon on Wednesday, Feb. 27, at River Birch Place in Amory.
Heart disease is still the No. 1 killer of women. According to the American Heart Association, more women die of heart disease than of all forms of cancer combined. This means mothers, sisters and friends are dying at the rate of one per minute. The event will feature local women modeling the latest spring fashions from retailers in Amory and Aberdeen.
Following the fashion show, the keynote speaker will be Dr. Megan Schroyer.
A heart healthy luncheon will be served at no cost to attendees. Each participant will also receive a thank you gift for their attendance. The event is scheduled for one hour.
Pre-registration is requested by Feb. 22, by dialing 256-6002.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Alice Ortiz
- Amory’s rocket team places 14th in nation May 18, 2016
- Social Security Knowledge Center: Voluntary suspension of benefits May 21, 2016
- Riverview Garden Club hosts luncheon May 22, 2016
- Thirty-nine people apply for Aberdeen School Board spots May 23, 2016
- Monroe County School District to get new communication system May 23, 2016
- Amory Police Department warns of tax scam May 25, 2016
- Early learning collaborative seeking grant-match funding May 25, 2016
- Federal inmates moved following jail escape May 25, 2016
- Glenn approved as new Amory football coach May 24, 2016
- CREATE Foundation subcommittee hosting State of the Region meeting May 24, 2016
- Cindy Wilkerson: Thank you to the mayor and to the board of alderme...
- Ellen Redding-Jordan: May she rest in Peace, I meet her and her husband ...
- Gregv Worthey: I couldn't possibly disagree more!! While admitti...
- Jeanette Sudduth: She was a sweet person I got a chance to video her...
- S. Robbins: Every Mayor that's serious about having a good fa...