Splash pad members brainstorm on fund-raising ideas
AMORY – The Frisco Park Interactive Water Feature Committee met on Friday, Jan. 25 to discuss fund-raising possibilities for an interactive splashpad to replace the current fountain in Frisco Park.
“We are at the point where we need to start raising funds and looking for corporate sponsorship,” said city accountant and grant writer Jamie Morgan.
The mission of the committee is to replace the current Frisco Park fountain with a more attractive fountain that can be enjoyed by children and adults both day and night.
“We want one that is simplistic, yet still fun and interactive,” said committee member Jack Campbell.
Some fund-raising ideas include a golf tournament, a 5K run and t-shirt sales.
The committee is also looking into selling remembrance bricks to help raise money for the fountain.
The project, handled through the Gilmore Early Learning Initiative, is still in the early stages of development and planning.
All donations are tax deductible and can be mailed to:
GELI, Inc., 203 Gilmore Drive, Amory, MS 38821
Pay to GELI Inc. Frisco Park Interactive Fountain Project or note the project in the check detail line.
- Amory looks for help in building splash pad for Frisco Park
- Frisco Park accommodating for splash pad construction
- Frisco Park water feature on schedule as JA splash pad effort in the works
- Grant makes huge splash for new Frisco Park water feature
- Amory officials issue park rules ahead of Railroad Festival
- Mayor urges patience during interactive fountain construction
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Emily Tubb
- Do you know what mental illness feels like? May 21, 2016
- Hatley’s Stark aims for more aggressiveness in Lady Tigers May 25, 2016
- Amory Humane Society holding volunteer days May 26, 2016
- Amory commits to welcoming all through ordinance May 26, 2016
- Shooting incident raises questions about party ordinance May 26, 2016
- MCSO seeks whereabouts of Nettleton man May 27, 2016
- Arrests made in connection to ATV thefts May 27, 2016
- Supervisors table selection of airport consulting firm May 27, 2016
- Aberdeen PTO presidents host parent forum May 27, 2016
- Communities honoring those passed with Memorial Day ceremonies May 27, 2016
- Cindy Wilkerson: Thank you to the mayor and to the board of alderme...
- Ellen Redding-Jordan: May she rest in Peace, I meet her and her husband ...
- Gregv Worthey: I couldn't possibly disagree more!! While admitti...
- Jeanette Sudduth: She was a sweet person I got a chance to video her...
- S. Robbins: Every Mayor that's serious about having a good fa...