What kind of people kill their unborn?
It was a horrible event in mid-December when 20 six-and-seven-year-olds were gunned down in their elementary school in Newtown, Conn. We want to make laws for trying to make sure that mentally ill and evil people can’t get their hands on guns to kill again.
Well, what about the 54 million-plus babies that have been murdered in the United States in the past 40 years? They were not gunned down. By our laws, they were legally murdered. If we call people who gun down innocent children in school, mentally ill and evil, what should the people who murder innocent babies before they are born called?
These unborn children are the most vulnerable in our society. There is no one protecting them. If we don’t stand up for the unborn, who will?
Our country has become a country of heathens. We treat our animals better than we treat humans. We may think we are advancing and moving toward a better society, but in reality, we are reverting to a world where human life is not valued.
A couple of weeks ago, I received an email relating to abortion. I have never, and would never, be in favor of murder. This email gave me the thought of what our country has been doing since the Roe v. Wade decision 40 years ago on Jan. 22. The email stated that because of the murder of so many babies, they did not grow up, become hard-working citizens and contribute to society. They did not pay in Social Security and taxes; therefore, as the citizens grow older, there are no younger ones growing up to pay their share of taxes. Look at our country today and the mess it is in with Obamacare, dwindling Social Security and higher taxes. We’ve killed so many babies that we don’t have the base of workers to continue the programs we have had in our country for years.
I am not a mathematician, but I think that if 25 million murdered babies had grown up and worked, and that number made just four million dollars in 40 years, the amount of taxable income would be somewhere between 50 and 100 trillion dollars.
Abortion, call it what it is-murder, is used many times as a birth control method. What has happened to our country is that we have become a people who just say, “Oh, if I get pregnant, I’ll just have an abortion?” That is the same as saying, “I think I’ll kill the next person I see.”
God will not be mocked. We can continue on as we want without regard to Him, and watch our world continue sliding into perversion and degradation, or we can decide enough is enough and make some changes.
Statistics say that a baby is aborted every 25 seconds in America. More than 2,000 babies are murdered every single day. We don’t cry out about that, but we are quick to jump up and shout when a lunatic shoots people. What is the difference?
The Rev. Harry Knox, who heads the Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice, said the RCRC was celebrating this week’s 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, and the right to abortion has given many women “enhanced spiritual development” and more “joy in life.”
I’m not sure what Bible he has been reading, but apparently we don’t read the same one. Talk about wolves in sheep’s clothing!
We complain about China enforcing the “one-child policy.” One of the ways they enforce the rule is by making women have abortions if they already have a child. Are we any different from them?
If we want our country to change and become the nation it can be, we need to change ourselves and make sure we elect officials who honor human life.
Alice Ortiz is a staff writer for the Monroe Journal. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If it weren’t for second chances, we’d all be alone
- My smart phone addiction is up and running
- Passion for animals prompts idea for student to benefit humane society
- Legislative Update: Feb. 18, 2014
- Facebook provided my personal year in review
- One day you’ll want to be a know-it-all so learn as much of it now
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Alice Ortiz
- Complaint filed in U.S. District Court against former MCSO deputy February 3, 2016
- If it weren’t for second chances, we’d all be alone February 3, 2016
- East Amory students learn about Kuwait culture February 8, 2016
- Health Science students administer health screenings to preschoolers February 8, 2016
- Aberdeen School District designated as lone state participant in pilot program February 8, 2016
- Aberdeen aldermen discuss potential revitalization project February 10, 2016
- Qualifying ends for Aberdeen elections February 10, 2016
- Harmon makes it into Idol’s Top 24 February 10, 2016
- Ray reappointed to Amory School Board February 10, 2016
- Free tree seedlings available for Mississippi Arbor Day February 10, 2016
- Diva: Thank God I won't be called for jury duty on this...
- carrollwhite: Come to Aberdeen on our street you can smell it al...
- Kim Stringfield: There have been a lot of huskies come up missing i...
- Laurenda Provias Richardson: Very well written Ray !!! All the memories ... All...
- shanette: Good for MCSO! I hope this case will bring much ne...