County’s forestry association hosts tree workshop
ABERDEEN – If you are a forest landowner, have an interest in forestry or would like to know what it takes to have your property become a Certified Tree Farm, the Monroe County Forestry Association will be discussing the American Tree Farm System in conjunction with its quarterly Association meeting on Thursday, Dec. 13 at 6 p.m. in the Monroe County Extension Service office.
The primary focus of this program is aimed toward private and family-owned forest. Eligible properties range from 10 to 10,000 acres in size.
There have been many changes to the ATFS in the recent year. The Tree Farm Program is now a forest certification system and specialist will discuss what it means and how landowners can become members.
Information and applications will be on hand if anyone would be interested in joining. This program is free and open to the public. Please RSVP by Dec. 12 at noon or for more information call 369-4951 or 369-8683.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Ray Van DusenI've been with the Monroe Journal since Aug. 2009 as a staff writer, but took the role as news editor in late 2012. I'm always looking for interesting story ideas from around Monroe County. You can reach me via email at email@example.com.
- Complaint filed in U.S. District Court against former MCSO deputy February 3, 2016
- Mono can’t keep Harmon down in Hollywood February 3, 2016
- Forward momentum, adult education talking points of chamber banquet February 3, 2016
- Lady Panthers thwarted late in playoffs loss February 3, 2016
- Panthers top Pontotoc, Richland to reach North finals February 3, 2016
- Tigers hold off Bulldogs, gain ground in division February 5, 2016
- Noles run out of firepower against Wildcats February 5, 2016
- Art and music abound for A Night of Cultural Arts February 5, 2016
- Integration ushered in a new era for the Aberdeen School District February 5, 2016
- Tombigbee DAR honors a few outstanding citizens February 5, 2016
- Diva: Thank God I won't be called for jury duty on this...
- carrollwhite: Come to Aberdeen on our street you can smell it al...
- Kim Stringfield: There have been a lot of huskies come up missing i...
- Laurenda Provias Richardson: Very well written Ray !!! All the memories ... All...
- shanette: Good for MCSO! I hope this case will bring much ne...