County’s forestry association hosts tree workshop
ABERDEEN – If you are a forest landowner, have an interest in forestry or would like to know what it takes to have your property become a Certified Tree Farm, the Monroe County Forestry Association will be discussing the American Tree Farm System in conjunction with its quarterly Association meeting on Thursday, Dec. 13 at 6 p.m. in the Monroe County Extension Service office.
The primary focus of this program is aimed toward private and family-owned forest. Eligible properties range from 10 to 10,000 acres in size.
There have been many changes to the ATFS in the recent year. The Tree Farm Program is now a forest certification system and specialist will discuss what it means and how landowners can become members.
Information and applications will be on hand if anyone would be interested in joining. This program is free and open to the public. Please RSVP by Dec. 12 at noon or for more information call 369-4951 or 369-8683.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Ray Van DusenI've been with the Monroe Journal since Aug. 2009 as a staff writer, but took the role as news editor in late 2012. I'm always looking for interesting story ideas from around Monroe County. You can reach me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Riverview Garden Club hosts luncheon May 22, 2016
- Shooting incident raises questions about party ordinance May 26, 2016
- Hatley’s Seals rewarded for her perseverance through injury May 26, 2016
- Communities honoring those passed with Memorial Day ceremonies May 27, 2016
- Aberdeen PTO presidents host parent forum May 27, 2016
- Social Security Center: Shame on you May 29, 2016
- Gadow shares some of family’s favorite recipes May 29, 2016
- Mental Health and you May 28, 2016
- Leave the caps at home May 28, 2016
- MCSO seeks whereabouts of Nettleton man May 27, 2016
- Cindy Wilkerson: Thank you to the mayor and to the board of alderme...
- Ellen Redding-Jordan: May she rest in Peace, I meet her and her husband ...
- Gregv Worthey: I couldn't possibly disagree more!! While admitti...
- Jeanette Sudduth: She was a sweet person I got a chance to video her...
- S. Robbins: Every Mayor that's serious about having a good fa...