RAFCO supplies for mobile homes and more
NETTLETON – RAFCO Hardware and Mobile Home Supplies owner David Miller started out as a part-time employee for the business when he was 26 years old.
“I was working three days a week stocking shelves and helping customers. Through turnover, I became full-time. Meanwhile, Mr. Worthy had opened a heating and cooling store and put RAFCO up for sale. To keep someone else from coming in and turning it into something else, I bought it,” Miller said.
The Mr. Worthy Miller is referring to is Lavon Worthy who opened RAFCO in 1986. Originally a hardware store, Worthy decided to stock mobile home supplies. Having previously worked in the mobile home industry, he saw a market for it in this area. He was right.
“We have a niche with the mobile home supplies. The big chains like Lowe’s and Home Depot do nothing for the mobile home owner, but we do,” Miller said.
RAFCO is the only mobile home supply store in the area; the next closest one is 60 miles away. On any given day, Miller and his employees will see customers from Meridian; Lexington; Marion, Ark.; and Anniston, Ala.
Not only does RAFCO carry everything for the mobile home owner, the store has also expanded its inventory to cover everything from nails to hard-to-find power tools.
RAFCO also installs everything its sells, making the business a true full-service establishment.
“We take care of everything from plumbing leaks all the way to renovating a home to meet handicap standards. There is nothing we won’t tackle. Some of our service guys have been here longer than I’ve been alive,” Miller said.
The length of time some employees have been there is a testament to the kind of staying power RAFCO has been able to maintain, even through dips in the economy. When the economy forced people to do without, Miller’s focus was to help them maintain and improve on what they already possessed.
Miller and his employees always have one main goal, which is pleasing their customers.
“This store was built by the people in this community. We treat our customers like family because it’s really customer service that keeps a small business like us going. Most of our customers have my cell phone number and if they call in the middle of the night needing help, I open the store up and we take care of it.”
- Amory Marine a family business founded on recreation
- Tenn Tom Sports aims at supplying customers’ gun needs
- Baker’s Bait Shop reels in customers for 60 years strong
- Amory Glass has served area for 45 years
- M&W Butane Gas Co. helps keep county warm for four decades
- Renasant Bank makes $479,600 bid for River Birch
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Emily Tubb
- Six ways to talk about money with your family February 7, 2016
- Aberdeen weighs in thoughts on Strategic Doing pilot program February 11, 2016
- Group effort carries Hatley girls over Nettleton February 11, 2016
- Young to Prather surprise lifts Bulldogs past Troopers February 11, 2016
- Bogan recorded records early in the blues genre February 12, 2016
- River Bend Church hosts annual wild game event February 14, 2016
- Even with the same end results, love never really leaves us the same February 14, 2016
- Four Bulldogs sign to play at the next level February 13, 2016
- Smithville’s Barrett inks with ICC softball February 13, 2016
- Hamilton’s Heard takes his speed to Northwest February 13, 2016
- Diva: Thank God I won't be called for jury duty on this...
- carrollwhite: Come to Aberdeen on our street you can smell it al...
- Kim Stringfield: There have been a lot of huskies come up missing i...
- Laurenda Provias Richardson: Very well written Ray !!! All the memories ... All...
- shanette: Good for MCSO! I hope this case will bring much ne...