Greenwood Springs Post Office to have reduced daily hours
GREENWOOD SPRINGS – Beginning either Jan. 12 or Jan. 26, the Greenwood Springs Post Office window hours will be reduced to only two hours each day.
According to Dana Amos, manager for post office operations for the area, officials have not decided on how those two hours will be scheduled each day.
“Our current window hours at the post office are from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.,” said Jill Dabbs, postmaster relief at Greenwood Springs.
In an effort to bypass closings of rural post offices, the U. S. Postal Service is reducing hours at 225 post offices across the country during the next couple of years.
Amos said that eventually the Prairie Post Office in Monroe County will have reduced hours, but it has not been decided when it will be changed.
Customers will still have access to their mailboxes in the post office lobbies when the windows are not open.
- Monroe County School District dismisses amid social media post
- Creative imagination and dreaming big helps put writer’s thoughts on the pages and on the screen
- Students learn about non-traditional careers at the Amory Career Center
- State’s first Village Post Office serves Prairie zip code
- Pearson’s legacy as Hatley principal coming to an end
- Renasant Bank makes $479,600 bid for River Birch
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Alice Ortiz
- Thirty-nine people apply for Aberdeen School Board spots May 23, 2016
- Shooting incident raises questions about party ordinance May 26, 2016
- Hatley’s Seals rewarded for her perseverance through injury May 26, 2016
- Communities honoring those passed with Memorial Day ceremonies May 27, 2016
- Aberdeen PTO presidents host parent forum May 27, 2016
- Social Security Center: Shame on you May 29, 2016
- Gadow shares some of family’s favorite recipes May 29, 2016
- Mental Health and you May 28, 2016
- Leave the caps at home May 28, 2016
- MCSO seeks whereabouts of Nettleton man May 27, 2016
- Cindy Wilkerson: Thank you to the mayor and to the board of alderme...
- Ellen Redding-Jordan: May she rest in Peace, I meet her and her husband ...
- Gregv Worthey: I couldn't possibly disagree more!! While admitti...
- Jeanette Sudduth: She was a sweet person I got a chance to video her...
- S. Robbins: Every Mayor that's serious about having a good fa...