Aberdeen woman loses life in traffic accident
AMORY – A motor vehicle accident Thursday claimed the life of Angela R. Johnson, 34, of Aberdeen, according to Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley. The accident occurred just west of the 278 and highway 25 intersection in Amory
Johnson was going west on highway 278 in a Dodge Avenger when she collided head on with an 18 wheeler going east. She was transported to Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center in Amory where she was pronounced dead on arrival. According to a release from Gurley, the cause of death was multiple trauma.
Johnson was not wearing a seatbelt. The driver of the truck was transported to North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. His condition is unknown at this time.
The accident is under investigation by the Amory Police Department.
This was the fourth fatality in 11 days in Monroe County due to automobile accidents.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Hope Cross
- Leave the caps at home May 28, 2016
- Federal inmates moved following jail escape May 25, 2016
- MCSO seeks whereabouts of Nettleton man May 27, 2016
- Mental Health and you May 28, 2016
- Gadow shares some of family’s favorite recipes May 29, 2016
- Amory police make grand larceny arrests May 31, 2016
- Merit Health Gilmore hosts annual EMS luncheon May 31, 2016
- Merit Health Gilmore Memorial honors and recognizes nurses May 30, 2016
- East Amory Elementary School awarded a Fidelia Club grant May 30, 2016
- Keep Monroe County Beautiful luncheon honors volunteerism May 30, 2016
- Average Joe: Finally, an article that embodies the true spirit ...
- Mary C. Vandiver-Spann: Yes I also Thank you Alice. I agree in is also poo...
- Mike Flowers: Yes mam... Mr. Ortiz swung a paddle hard enough to...
- Frances: First of all Ms. Alice if you don't like what peo...
- Shirley Hester: Thank you Ms. Ortiz, very well said. that also app...